Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Patrick »

Tired. Dang. I will say that I'm slightly more suspicious of ashmite than Nightson, if only because I've checked Nightson's posts around the site and they have seemed pretty patchy lately.

I've taken a look at DGB's posts. Pretty sure the sucking up indicates she's not aligned with mnowax. It seems DGB was trying to start a very late bandwagon on someone other than Greasy Spot -- normally I'd say she just didn't want to be on the wagon of someone she knew was town, except that multiple scumgroups are looking likely this game, so she probably didn't know he was town. Her votes on both populartajo and then on ashmite were placed less than 24 hours before the deadline, so she likely knew they wouldn't go anywhere. I could see that as safe distancing from ashmite (since we know tajo was town). Of course, this relies on the assumption that she has scumbuddies at all, which we don't know.

I won't vote ashmite just yet because of lynch-1. In general I'm getting that bad feeling again that we don't have much of a case against anyone, but he's my best bet for now. Hopefully I'll have one or two more insights when awake.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by lord_hur »

ashmite84 wrote:I didn't keep quiet on purpose. I haven't had time to properly post, and I'm having the same trouble and drawing assessments like you've given me in
all
my ongoings.
This is true for this last week, but not for the weeks before.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Dasquian »

In this particular game I am more inclined to move my vote to Nightson than ashmite simply because of our two opportunistic lurkers, at least ashmite has attempted to lay out her suspicions.

Unvote ashmite84, vote Nightson

I'll switch my vote over to secure a lynch at deadline but Nightson should definitely be feeling the pressure enough to post something substantial.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Mod, vote-count please? I think there's only three of us voting (2 on Nightson, 1 on ashmite?) but I could be wrong.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Nightson 2 (Lord Hur, Dasquian)
Ashmite 1 (Mnowax)

Not Voting: Patrick, Ashmite, Vel-Rahn Koon, Nightson

4 votes are currently required to lynch. Deadline is still on Thursday. Nightson and Vel-Rahn Koon are being prodded.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Currently I think a Nightson lynch is the best option, but considering he needs a prod and possibly a replacement:

Mod:
could we have a deadline extension (preferably of a few days) please to allow Nightson or his replacement to respond to his votes?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, I've completely fallen flat on this game. I will have something posted before noon eastern on Tuesday.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry noon isn't going to happen, my boss is having a cow about a project we need to get done. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Dasquian »

Well, deadline is in 2 days, so...

Yeah, deadline in two days everyone. Any interest in getting a lynch? Catching scum? Anyone?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:19 am

Post by mnowax »

ill do a nightson lynch, while once again, we are without any real evidence.

Unvote, Vote Nightson
Sure one more time for fun.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 am

Post by lord_hur »

Warning : he is now at L-1.

I voted him also to get a reaction out of him, but it seems we ended up getting a solid bandwagon because of the deadline.

I hope he comes back before it, if only for a possible claim.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Patrick »

I'll
vote: ashmite84
. I'll vote Nightson if needed to get a lynch. Not much in it, except I doubt Nightson is actually lurking, so much as simply absent, from a quick look at his post history. (He hasn't posted anywhere in over a week).
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nightson
has failed to pick up his prod within the time limit and is hereby replaced by
Remussaidow

Deadline has been extended until Sunday.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Post by remussaidow »

umm...

Right, I've been keeping up with the game but don't have time for a real post, there will be one when I do have the time though, I promise.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 am

Post by remussaidow »

i.e. like 8 o'clock tonightish
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Unvote: remussaidow
. No need for him to be at L-1 right now.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by remussaidow »

thank you dasq, appreciated.

Now then, I've been reading the thread as its been going on (bm having informed me that he'd like me to replace in to this game at some point.) and thus I'd like to point out that no matter what anyone says, GS was the right lynch for day one, because he
claimed scum
. He did this by saying "go scum" when he tried to lynch himself. Anyone who tries to end their own life and say go scum is claiming scum. Thus, I feel that an
FOS: Patrick and lord_hur
is in order, for unvoting him and saying that that was a townie reaction. The self vote I can understand, but I have to agree with VRK that anyone who self hammers and says go other team needs a new perspective on the game. That being said, I don't think any of these are very big faults on my scales, just things that I'm watching for now. And so, moving on now.

The cases on Ashmite and me are because of what now? Seriously, I can't tell what the case against me is about. Ashmite's I think is because he looks mildly scummy and that's better than anything else we have to go on? I wouldn't be thrilled with an Ashmite lynch on a full day time table, but if we're deadlined I can get behind it just for the sake of not having a better target.

UNLESS Mnowax is on the gallows. Seriously, have you done anything to benefit the town since you terrorized everyone? I haven't seen a post with any game related substance from except things like "no information" and following other people's opinions. Unless you think that randomly killing two people and luckily happening to hit one of them as scum is "substance." Just as an FYI, the reason I'm not worried about dying from saying all this is because no one who is town aligned would waste a daykill on these observations. So if you do kill me, the rest of the town knows just who they can go ahead and lynch just as fast as possible. There's also the point of you have to have some sort of restriction on it if you're scum, since otherwise you would have won already. Hell, if I were scum with the ability you seemed to have claimed you had, I'd have ended the game in my first post. Scummy day one actions and nothing particularly townish taking place makes me think that you are the scummiest townie that I have EVER seen. However, this statement is including the rare chance that you just can't have had your power as a scum.

Also, Mnowax, if you (unlikely as I think it is) can still daykill people, I think its best if you tell them that you're going to kill them, they claim, and then you can go ahead and kill them as you see fit. Benefits town and all that.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by lord_hur »

First,
Unvote remussaidow

remussaidow wrote:UNLESS Mnowax is on the gallows. Seriously, have you done anything to benefit the town since you terrorized everyone? I haven't seen a post with any game related substance from except things like "no information" and following other people's opinions. Unless you think that randomly killing two people and luckily happening to hit one of them as scum is "substance." Just as an FYI, the reason I'm not worried about dying from saying all this is because no one who is town aligned would waste a daykill on these observations. So if you do kill me, the rest of the town knows just who they can go ahead and lynch just as fast as possible. There's also the point of you have to have some sort of restriction on it if you're scum, since otherwise you would have won already. Hell, if I were scum with the ability you seemed to have claimed you had, I'd have ended the game in my first post. Scummy day one actions and nothing particularly townish taking place makes me think that you are the scummiest townie that I have EVER seen. However, this statement is including the rare chance that you just can't have had your power as a scum.

Also, Mnowax, if you (unlikely as I think it is) can still daykill people, I think its best if you tell them that you're going to kill them, they claim, and then you can go ahead and kill them as you see fit. Benefits town and all that.
Err I'm kinda lost about this part. First you say you would lynch mnowax, then that he could not logically be scum (using the same argument that I myself used back then, btw).

I think a "WTF?" is in order here, and maybe a FoS unless I misunderstood something.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

he cannot logically be scum without a post /kill restriction. I apologize if I left that part out or made it unclear earlier.

I do believe that he has a kill restriction, if my opinion on it wasn't obvious.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Post by Dasquian »

remussaidow wrote:The cases on Ashmite and me are because of what now? Seriously, I can't tell what the case against me is about. Ashmite's I think is because he looks mildly scummy and that's better than anything else we have to go on? I wouldn't be thrilled with an Ashmite lynch on a full day time table, but if we're deadlined I can get behind it just for the sake of not having a better target.
Nightson has been lurking up a storm. Speaking for myself, if you continue to post at this rate, that'll be a completely invalid case.

ashmite has been scummier - a "me too" attitude, and general failure to contribute meaningfully to the game (while happily jumping a townie bandwagon).
remussaidow wrote:UNLESS Mnowax is on the gallows.
Do you think mnowax is actually scum, then? Do you think we should be voting him?

btw he already claimed a kill restriction.

I'm also very, very unhappy about the way he keeps following my votes. mnowax, if you're a townie, do us a favour and contribute some of your own thoughts.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

I'm not sure whether he's town, scum, or third party, because I honestly have as hard of a time believing scum acted that way as I believe that town acted that way.

This is however, my only inhibition on this point.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Patrick »

remus wrote:Now then, I've been reading the thread as its been going on (bm having informed me that he'd like me to replace in to this game at some point.) and thus I'd like to point out that no matter what anyone says, GS was the right lynch for day one, because he claimed scum . He did this by saying "go scum" when he tried to lynch himself. Anyone who tries to end their own life and say go scum is claiming scum.
I disagree. I don't think he was claiming scum at all; I think he was telling us he was town, and so disgusted with how we'd played that he wanted scum to win.
remus wrote:Thus, I feel that an FOS: Patrick and lord_hur is in order, for unvoting him and saying that that was a townie reaction.
Skimmer. I said that the speed of the wagon made him more likely to be town; that's based on gut and my past experiences of stuff like that happening. I mentioned his attempted self hammer as looking genuinely frustrated, but could have seen that frustration from either alignment. Even if I had said that, I don't see where the FoS comes from.

I'm a still a bit confused as to whether or not you think mnowax is today's play.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 am

Post by remussaidow »

I think that he is, but I'm waiting for him to respond before I vote for him. His response could or could not change my opinion on him. After all, all that anyone has done before me is cower in fear of him, no one's forced him to participate in the actual game yet.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 am

Post by remussaidow »

also, since I forgot to put the second part of that post in. I think saying go scum is claiming scum. I would never root against my team. If I think they're doing a pretty crappy job, then I just don't comment on the go one way or the other.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by mnowax »

what is there to say? i no longer have my kills, and i am nothing more than a vanilla townie now. you can lynch me and find out, but i did what i did in order to ensure a town win. killing scum helps that. tak a look at the reactions. the scum i killed cowered and the other one (DGB) just decided to agree with anything i say. check out the other reactions. you will find your best lynch for today from that.
Sure one more time for fun.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”