100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 am

Post by nureins »

Simenon wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Simenon wrote:I noticed you're leaving out Cass, Goat.
Out of what?
The opportunistic club. I don't see why that necessarily has to refer to voting.

Given that she is the only person not voting, but fossing, instead of discussing about something immaterial, discuss on something material...Cass action...
Do you think Cass was opportunistic in fossing him ?

If this is the case, is your vote more opportunistic than her Fos or less oportunistic ?
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:35 am

Post by nureins »

Cass wrote: I still feel worst about the lurkers in this game.
Just in case I have a different view on who the lurkers are...who are they ?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Simenon wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Out of what?
The opportunistic club. I don't see why that necessarily has to refer to voting.
QFT.

I'm not getting that feeling from Cass though, unless you think she is using this meta she has as a blind she can use to justify not voting, but still enables her to takes shots from behind it. I'm not really getting that feeling either.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Simenon wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Out of what?
Look at the 3 people I listed again. I left out Nhat and you and you are both voting for habitang. That list was not a "who's currently voting for habitang list," which is why I'm still confused by your line of questioning. I agree with your general sentiment though, and I generally will count FoS' as similar to votes in situations such as this.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Simenon »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Simenon wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Out of what?
Look at the 3 people I listed again. I left out Nhat and you and you are both voting for habitang. That list was not a "who's currently voting for habitang list," which is why I'm still confused by your line of questioning. I agree with your general sentiment though, and I generally will count FoS' as similar to votes in situations such as this.
I understand the function of your list, but I was making a point myself: if you're going to nail somebody for opportunistic behavior (which I don't oppose), I would naturally go for the person who isn't committing to a vote.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Cass »

nureins wrote:
Tritch is numero uno obviously. The other are Nhat and Andycyca, who seem to be lurking in plain sight. I think there's a scum among them, I wish they would post more so I could find him... I'm not sure I should include Matin, as he is being replaced.

And I have no clue whether habit is town or scum, I just don't want to quicklynch, in fact I do not want to lynch him at all, not for that post alone.

@habitang: whatever you do now, don't roll over and die. And unless you're scum - don't even
think
about self-voting.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Simenon »

Cass wrote:
nureins wrote:
Cass wrote: Andycyca, who seem to be lurking in plain sight.
What?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Cass »

He just hasn't posted much (new) content, at least not recently. Posting, but not scumhunting, is what I mean.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Simenon wrote:I understand the function of your list, but I was making a point myself: if you're going to nail somebody for opportunistic behavior (which I don't oppose), I would naturally go for the person who isn't committing to a vote.
I disagree with the idea that a FoS is more opportunistic than a vote. Both can be opportunistic, but a vote actually furthers along the wagon. I feel much more confident going for the person who threw on additional meaningless reasoning to justify their vote, especially since Andycyca was in my top 3 prior to the habitang vote anyway.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Ythill »

I don't think a FoS is more opportunistic than a vote in this instance, but I think it accomplishes some of the same goals (pressuring the target, pushing the lynch) without the culpability of a vote and is therefore more suspicious.
Simenon wrote:
Ythill wrote:I don't buy a lot of the reactions to his latest post. It was an unnecesarry appeal to emotion, yes, but he's done this before, just not so explicitly. The added intensity seems to have naturally developed from the increased number of arguments against him.
Oh come on. It was plain silly and unreal.
True, but silly and unreal do not tell me anything about his alignment.
nhat wrote:
Ythill wrote:Nhat's "case" on habit is pointless. It's clearly possible, even probable, that habit misread the flavor.
You left out the part where he's jumped back on to Jahudo for the flimsiest of reasons.
My statement was unfair and my only excuse for this is that I was in a bit of a rush when I made that post. To clarify, your case was not pointless, but the bit about him knowing the set-up was. Its inclusion made the whole case seem somewhat contrived, like it was bad icing on an otherwise reasonable cake.

Goat's read of me in #316 demonstrates that he is a skilled player. It can be read as a gambit from either scum or town. I don't know that it indicates his alignment by itself but, coupled with the right card-flip, it would
nearly
confirm him one way or the other.

The accusations against Andy are intriguing to me, as are those against Cass.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Simenon »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Simenon wrote:I understand the function of your list, but I was making a point myself: if you're going to nail somebody for opportunistic behavior (which I don't oppose), I would naturally go for the person who isn't committing to a vote.
I disagree with the idea that a FoS is more opportunistic than a vote. Both can be opportunistic, but a vote actually furthers along the wagon. I feel much more confident going for the person who threw on additional meaningless reasoning to justify their vote, especially since Andycyca was in my top 3 prior to the habitang vote anyway.
If presented the choice, I'd always go for the easier one. And the easier choice there is to "FoS".

But whatever.
They sure do tell me something!
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Goatrevolt wrote:
I agree with Simenon on this one, or at least with the point he was making at the time. Goat's answer to it was fine.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Simenon »

I'll have partial access from the 15th to the 31st. Last year, I was able to continue my games, but I can't be sure this time. If an issue arises, I'll contact the mod.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sim wrote:
About his alignment? Really? Please explain what and, more importantly,
how
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Simenon »

Ythill wrote:
Sim wrote:
About his alignment? Really? Please explain what and, more importantly,
how
The whole point of being town is being real. Townies shouldn't fake anything. Meanwhile, a scum wants to fake emotional explosions because they keep them from getting lynched. This is at the heart of Pooky's strategy, and why it is so hard to get him lynched as scum (although habitang, with all do respect, is no pooky).
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Andycyca wrote:Confirmed OMGUS attitude (antitown)
He admitted to having OMGUS tendencies. What possibly self-serving reason would scum have to admit something anti-town like this? This screams to me as additional weak justification to hop aboard the wagon. "Well, he said his initial reaction was to want to OMGUS, and since OMGUS is a scum tell, I'll add it to the case."

Vote Andycyca

I need to catch up in other games, but I can certainly provide reasoning for my top 3 targets later on.
I'm not judging either town or scum reasons to admit OMGUSing. I just stated that OMGUS is never good for town. I don't FoS a lot and all I have is a vote. So, I see someone blatantly admiting an antitown attitude, I vote. End of story.

(I'm waiting for your reasoning if I'm one of those suspects)
Cass wrote:
nureins wrote:
...and Andycyca, who seem to be lurking in plain sight.
Again, I would like you to present to me your proofs of my lurking. I don't have as much internet access as I'd like and I can't be logged in as much as the previous months. Everytime I'm around here I try to post something.

---------

About Cass... Given an "opportunistic vote" and a "opportunistic FoS" I find the FoS more suspicious, because it's less committal than a vote IMHO. However, I don't see that Cass' FoS as suspicious, mainly because the target isn't on any clear danger and the wagon (as well as the "case") has just begun. I'd worry a lot more if we had more info.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Ythill »

@ Sim: I obviously wasn't reading "unreal" as literally as you meant it. Rereading habit's appeal, I do see what you mean but it's a tone he's had all along. What do you think of earlier examples like his #27 & 30 (#s in isolation)?
Sim wrote:...a scum wants to fake emotional explosions because they keep them from getting lynched.
Yes, but habit was in no danger at all. The effect of the post was to draw the spotlight to him, something which could have been foreseen. To play the WIFOM game... what do you think of a player who is crafty enough to employ this tactic but daft enough to time it so poorly?

That said, I'm not convinced that habit is town. I just don't see much of a scumtell in his latest post. This wagon has been very good for information though.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by nureins »

Cass wrote: Tritch is numero uno obviously. The other are Nhat and Andycyca, who seem to be lurking in plain sight. I think there's a scum among them, I wish they would post more so I could find him... I'm not sure I should include Matin, as he is being replaced.
Ok Thanks. I was including Matin after somebody mentioned him. In the case of Andycyca, if this may help you, I have a curious impression. I found him participating, so I do not feel anymore he is a lurker. His posts have content, so that is ok. He is just very neutral in emotions, and then he lives in a "heaven". So this does not mean he is a lurker. My lurkers' vibes come from tritch, nhat and matin.

---------
Just to make a bit of fun, andy is quite different to Ectomancer, for instance. The latter I guess VOLUNTARILY adopts the position of a buddhist or a jedi master :P
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote: (@sim)... what do you think of a player who is crafty enough to employ this tactic but daft enough to time it so poorly?
Ythill, Im reading positively from you lately, so do not take my words as an attack :)

I had the same impression from Habitang since the very beginning. Indeed, if you contemplate a bit the game, Cass is CONSTANTLY worried about what habitang can make in the game... have you seen it ? At some moments I found it excessive indeed.

If you remember, I think I did a read of this game at the beginning, and I understood what Cass meant about Habitang.

After some people started to point out suspicions on Cass, and having read her insistance about habitang, I decided to re-read the game, because she was townie for me...

A careful read confirmed my first read and I extracted no suspicions on Cass. I believe she is really worried about the bad play of habit, and habit is so erratic that is very hard to read...
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

habitang: (4) nhat, Simenon, Andycyca, Jahudo
Tritch: (2) Cass, nureins
nureins: (1) Ythill
Ectomancer: (1) Tritch
Jahudo: (1) habitang
Andycyca: (1) Goatrevolt

Not voting: Matin, Ectomancer

Tritch is being replaced.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Cass »

Yes, I also dislike erratic players in general, because I can't read them. But habitang seems capable of learning and improving, I'm just trying to help him along a bit. At the risk of being seen as his buddy :p I have honestly no clue if he's town or not, but I hate to lynch people for that reason alone...

Tritch seems to have fled... ahwell... looking forward to the replacement I guess.
habitang
habitang
Goon
habitang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 am

Post by habitang »

Firtsly I would like to thank Cass for helping me even when she is riskign suspicion by doing so.

Next I know I am walking a fine line now where I have just been given a second chance and I am really calm now. No self votes, ever.

I don't have a main suspect yet, but Jahudo is not clear for me either.
Jahudo wrote:the TPT wagon never looked like gaining momentum enough for a lynch, which is what the scum are looking for. The pro-town wouldn't have momentum as their top priority as long as they gain information to help them decide who's who, right?
Jahudo, what does your information consist of to vote me (I did read your vote post), I mean other than the specifics of my post? How do you account for the momentum you created upon my case?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Jahudo »

Habit: your previous post made me think more about how Cass and others see you as erratic. More than anything I wanted to see you confirm or disprove this posting trait because it will help identify you as perhaps an erratic townie, attempting that fake emotional explosion, or maybe its something else at the heart of your previous post. That's really what I'm trying to see.

I did not think habit's previous post was rational and I considered that fact that it wasn't genuine because then and now you are not on the threshold of being lynched, so why act like you are? But not that you are on the threshold of being on the threshold, maybe the next actions you take will tell us more about you.

And did tritch just flake? That's disappionting.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Ythill »

nuriens wrote:Ythill, Im reading positively from you lately
This is another gear change for which I don't see valid reasons but I'd rather not discuss what makes you see people as townie, so I guess we'll let it lie for now.

I've got some problems with Jah's #311 but I'd rather not state them until habit responds to it. So...

@ habit: Please respond thoroughly to #311.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Andycyca wrote:I'm not judging either town or scum reasons to admit OMGUSing. I just stated that OMGUS is never good for town. I don't FoS a lot and all I have is a vote. So, I see someone blatantly admiting an antitown attitude, I vote. End of story.
Isn't judging town or scum reasons for doing specific actions the entire basis behind how you determine who is scum or town? What's the scum motivation for admitting OMGUS tendencies, especially when it does precisely what it has done in this situation, which is draw unnecessary suspicion upon oneself.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”