Post by Thesp »

Official Day 6 Vote Count

ClockworkRuse - 1
(Romanus1)
Romanus - 2
(neko20862, ClockworkRuse3)

Not Voting - 1
(killa seven)

Deadline is in ~13.25 hours. At the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched, with longest-held-last-vote being the tie-breaker.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Romanus wrote:I will just answer your first question

The alignments I knew, starting on day one, were the people who were already dead, and therefore everyone knew their alignment at that point.

I just see a whole lot of: he was voting or suspicious of a townie, therefore scum; he was voting or suspicious of scum, he was bussing; he is arguing with a scum, therefore distancing; he was agreeing with a towine, therefore buddying up.

As for my not following through on my promise for arguments, sorry. Many things have been going on in RL and did not give me the time to make a detailed argument like you just have. And yes, I have changed my mind, but that would seem to me to be more townie than scummy. If it is opportunistic, which is arguable, that is one thing. But being open to changing your mind on a person is a quality more townies should have. They are not contradictions if I just simply changed my mind.

If I say I don't see the case, and then come back and say that I do, that is a change of mind, reading something differently.

As for the doc thing. It was a mess. I was and am the only one commenting on it. I've explained what I meant by those posts. I think my words are being twisted to mean things that they don't really mean.

In essence, I was saying I should have gone back and found the crumbs and outed the post, therefore the doctor. But like I also said, I left it to the doc.

The other point I would like to make is that CR again wishes to make me look bad for making my position known at the end of yesterday and hammering, when he was the one who disappeared. I gave you the chance to hammer, but let everyone know that I would do it, and I did do it.

And I did not wish to end discussion as much as I wanted everyone in there with their own opinions. People waiting to be convinced by others is not good.
Numbered sections are so I can respond to them easier.

1. Of course I'm going to looking at the interaction between you and known scum. The fact that I don't see you or the players you've placed as interacting with either of the scum and that you never really seem to have strong opinions on the cases against scum
IS
a cause for concern.

2. Yet when I bring real life into my play I'm scummy for it? That aside, you could have made those posts any other time you posted and you didn't. The players before you used the same tactic and I just don't buy it. Something about it is odd.

3. Agreed, it is good for town to be open to new ideas and cases. I'll have to read how I presented those points and make a response for them in my next post. However, it doesn't change my feelings of you being scum.

4. I've already answered why I wasn't able to vote before the deadline yesterday. I have some problems in real life regarding my girlfriend's friends, if you really must know. I found her a little more important then this game at the time.

5. The way you said that yesterday in no way sounded like you wanted us to just talk about our own opinions. You roughly said that the time for opinions was over, if I recall correctly.

Where is K7? I don't like how he's just sitting back now.

Mod: Could we please have a mass prod with an announcement that deadline is approaching?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Just got back from work. I have to say I don't like the way k7 is lurking this out, either, but clearly he simply hasn't been around. He would have hammered by now if scum (and if paying attention). Still, I would hope he'd like to give some input, seeing as how it's endgame and all...

I'm still feeling more confident about a rom-lynch than a CR-lynch. I don't like Shanba's and CR's missing deadlines, but I don't see scum using that as any sort of strategy, so I have to believe it's merely coincidental. I don't see Shanba as the third part of the scum trio, either, whereas I can with jtdyer and RW. It just has to be rom. If k7 has strong reasons to think otherwise, I'd like to hear it.
In Tartiflette We Trust
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

neko2086 wrote:Just got back from work. I have to say I don't like the way k7 is lurking this out, either, but clearly he simply hasn't been around. He would have hammered by now if scum (and if paying attention). Still, I would hope he'd like to give some input, seeing as how it's endgame and all...

I'm still feeling more confident about a rom-lynch than a CR-lynch. I don't like Shanba's and CR's missing deadlines, but I don't see scum using that as any sort of strategy, so I have to believe it's merely coincidental. I don't see Shanba as the third part of the scum trio, either, whereas I can with jtdyer and RW. It just has to be rom. If k7 has strong reasons to think otherwise, I'd like to hear it.
I've seen K7 on at random times though, I'm going to see if he's been posting in any other games lately.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Simply looking at his posts shows that he has been active but not posting here. D= I don't like that.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by neko2086 »

You're right, he is posting elsewhere. Surely he's at least
looked
at this thread. If scum, he'd have hammered, so, I'm not worried about it in that respect. I wish he'd post here, though.
In Tartiflette We Trust
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by killa seven »

Yea im here, having pc issues, have 12 virus's.
anyways id like to discuss the game further i dont see why we have to have a strict deadline and end game.
shanba was win in this game almost to win for me, on the shanba and klebian lynches he was the first there and almost seemed to know they were scum but he could just be that good.

while rom has played horrible (no offense) with back tracking on statements he made about the doc, and hammering alabaska and saying we have muslynched then saying he was just guessing. Ross was scummy as hell and i was all over him but jtr played good and made me doubt it, the only reason to think jtr/ rom would be town is the asking for replacement because of summer camp and not being here for deadline while near replaced in during night faze. dont know tho.
would like a extension on deadline. please.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Thesp »

Final Day 6 Vote Count

ClockworkRuse - 1
(Romanus1)
Romanus - 2
(neko20862, ClockworkRuse3)

Not Voting - 1
(killa seven)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Thesp »

Romanus,
Townie
, has been lynched.

Mafia (neko2086 and crew) win! Congratulations!

Notes to follow shortly.

EDIT: Fixing the embarassing stupid that I posted.
Last edited by Thesp on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Thesp »

Just a quick note on the deadline - my apologies for not extending it, but I thought 2 things: 1) there needed to be some finality to the game, and 2) I deplore when the moderator extends the deadline at the last minute, as it revokes viable strategies scum (or town) may try to implement. As it was, I did not consciously remember who was scum, and deliberately avoided checking to see who it was, to avoid whatever bias I could avoid. In retrospect, I could have posted a few more reminders about the deadline, though it was in the first post through the day.

I thank all of you who made it to the bitter end of this game - thank you so very, very much to everyone who replaced in. If ever you need a replacement in a game you're running, don't hesitate to get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do about helping out.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by neko2086 »

woot!
In Tartiflette We Trust
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by killa seven »

yea i knew it tried to ignore the possibility tho, biggest giveaway was u and kleb wagoning me that made me sure kleb was scum, why didnt u kill on night 3?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Romanus »

I have to apologize for some bad play, a lot of misstatements.

I don't think it would have made any difference. nekko had become beyond reproach.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Crub »

Damn :( It became very obvious after my lynch that Neko was scum :(
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Crub »

Also hate to say I told you so about kleb :P
Moo?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Korlash »

Very obvious? The whole fake Doc protection thing sealed the deal.

Although I am a little pissed I was right about him and protected him anyway... *sigh* I am an idiot sometimes. *Shakes finger* You lucky bastard...

Ironically isn't this the exact same ending as our previous game? only reversed... Wow... Neko wins because of some idiotic circumstances, while me and Crub loose... holy crap...

And side note: I was banking CR for last scum. Seems I am always wrong.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by Crub »

I forget the circumstances now, and I'm not going back to re-read a game that's over :P But I was more convinced of Neko = Scum than kleb = scum after my lynch.
Moo?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 am

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry for using you Korlash, but I have to admit, it felt
good

I have to admit though, that there was no plan to forego a night kill. We were planning to nk Justin Playfair, and, I just missed it (sorry, kleb!). It was only by a massive stroke of luck that Korlash happened to protect me that night. Thinking that I was done for after kleb was lynched, my strategy night 4 was to come out of it in the morning saying that I figured out what Korlash was talking about (which I did when I was still trying to get him lynched), and then have him defend me since scum wouldn't have let a doc survive the night, etc, which is pretty WIFOMy, but it might have worked. So, I possibly could have had Korlash on my side even if we did make the nk.

Rom, I didn't think you played badly. My case against you really did boil down to semantics, but it didn't matter as I could pretty much get away with anything at that point.
In Tartiflette We Trust
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 am

Post by killa seven »

i was pushing for the dealine extension to try and build a neko case. mod said no :(
i didnt know how to present it without gettin me lynched.
oh well congrats neko id rather you were the scum and won instead of the other 2 since me and you played this game for like 7 months.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Romanus »

I'm usually much better at my postings, to say exactly what I mean to say. I had a lot going on and really didn't take as much care as I usually do, rereading my posts more objectively, and editing.

Very cool game though.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

killa seven wrote:i was pushing for the dealine extension to try and build a neko case. mod said no :(
i didnt know how to present it without gettin me lynched.
oh well congrats neko id rather you were the scum and won instead of the other 2 since me and you played this game for like 7 months.
I thought about suspecting him for a while, as it was really bad to leave him "cleared" like that. D=

Good game Neko.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Alabaska J »

NEVER TRUST KORLASH

nuff said ;)
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Hjallti »

congrats neko: ironicallyyou were not protected in yhe night you guys didn't night kills
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Really? I thought for sure I was. Well then I'm glad Korlash never told anyone differently :)

Thanks for modding, btw.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Hjallti »

This was the state when I left te game, with night choices: I also remember Korlash calling 'his choice useless as he thought he would be killed night 1' because it was clear he was doc. If so apparent the Jailkeeper should have locked his away. But he didn't. Note how unlucky you seemed to be not to have been protected. Maybe Korlash even didn't remember he didn't protect Neko...

alive: (6)
neko2086 (replacing Ripley):goon
Near (replacing Shanba):vanilla
jtdyer (replacing RossWilliam (replacing OpposedForce)):vanilla
killa seven (replacing dramamoose):vanilla
Eldritch Lord (replacing Justin Playfair (replacing tyhess)):vanilla
Korlash (replacing deadscilent) :doc

death:
Melody Man (replacing Disciple Slayer):vanilla lynched day 1 post 448
Phate: jailkeeper killed night 1 post 449
Crub: vanilla lynched day 2 post 671
JDodge: vanilla killed night 2 post 672
skitzer: goon lynched day 3 post 755
klebian: goon lynched day 4 post 857
TheSweatpantsNinja: vanilla killed night 4 post 859
Night-choices wrote:
Night 1
Phate doesn't choose
Korlash (doc) protects Neko2086
Neko2086 (scum) kills Phate

Night 2
klebian (scum) kills JDodge

Night 3
Korlash (doc) protects shanba (after a coin flip to choose between Shanba and Neko)
scum doesn't sent in a choice

Night 4
Neko2086 (scum) kills TheSweatpantsNinja
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”