(1) Tanner
Lavender ----------------------

redtea --------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------
(1) Elements
Not Fighting:
- (1) PookyTheMagicalBear

Nahdia snapped their fingers, and the lights go out, and with another snap, they're up again. The temple is gone, and now everyone is in the middle of a dark forest, the bright spotlights now dimmed.
"The chosen hero had to brave the wilderness to find the true destiny in the underground!!" Nahdia cried, now dressed like a survivalist with leather chaps and a wide-brimmed hat.
Hectic noticed how dark it was, and he didn't like it. "Woof!" The huge hulking monster yelped.
He glided over to catboi, who was in the only bright area in the room. He gave catboi an affectionate lick, nearly extinguishing him, then reached with his tail and grabbed him, dangling him in the air above everyone. Everything was better lit, but catboi was rather frightened about hanging upside down. Everyone looked different.
The cameras honed on catboi, and he felt like he should speak. "Um, welcome to the wild woods, what would you like?!?!?" he sputtered off the top of his head.

With 12 alive and unspared, it takes 7 votes to make a decision.
The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-09-13 23:27:24)
Last edited by Isis on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 297, Chara wrote:my first thought upon reading this post was "alright, now to try and emulate my town self that Prism is recognizing so i can keep getting townread."
Undertale S ruined me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Chara »

sucks, but that's old news now i guess. AI non-mech talk has been happening for a whie since before that post.

redtea: re: , what sort of act do you think Puppy is playing right now? also, what's your read on Elements?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 277, Morning Tweet wrote:If catboi had arrived to the conclusion that sparing is the better EV for town by far, and then said this comment, I'd trust it less. After all, even if catboi is hurting his team EV-wise by revealing the correct town strategy, if he can grab that spare, it's huge for them.

But he's not. He's telling us to fight. Which is helping town EV by far. If catboi is scum, the towncred he is grabbing here is useless-- he's not going to get spared, and now he's going to have to explain why he never gets nightkilled
you're comparing catboi's decision here to a hypothetical that would never occur. the EV is in favour of fighting here, catboi can't change that.
i understand the part about it being beneficial for scum not to out this math (provided no townie wouldn't do the same math), but comparing it to a scenario where the EV says to spare and catboi tells us to spare (and therefore this universe's version of catboi is even townier) doesn't work when that scenario doesn't exist.

and your last point about the towncred being useless... towncred isn't useless for scum in normal games, so why is it useless just because we're not sparing today?

i cannot think of a better way to word this, haha. in fact, this was so hard to work through in my head that if you still disagree with me after reading this i'd rather shake on it and agree to disagree than go down the rabbit hole of logical argument that exists in a possible future.

also, i do like catboi for town, just not for this specific thing.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 304, Chara wrote:you're comparing catboi's decision here to a hypothetical that would never occur. the EV is in favour of fighting here, catboi can't change that.
i understand the part about it being beneficial for scum not to out this math (provided no townie wouldn't do the same math), but comparing it to a scenario where the EV says to spare and catboi tells us to spare (and therefore this universe's version of catboi is even townier) doesn't work when that scenario doesn't exist.

and your last point about the towncred being useless... towncred isn't useless for scum in normal games, so why is it useless just because we're not sparing today?

i cannot think of a better way to word this, haha. in fact, this was so hard to work through in my head that if you still disagree with me after reading this i'd rather shake on it and agree to disagree than go down the rabbit hole of logical argument that exists in a possible future.

also, i do like catboi for town, just not for this specific thing.
Well yes-- if we were in that hypothetical scenario and catboi were to have made the same "I wouldn't point this out as scum" comment, then I wouldn't have townread it nearly as much. I more just meant that "I wouldn't townread you for this if sparing were the actual route, but it isn't so here".

Catboi getting townread in this fighting strategy is vastly less useful for scum than it'd be in the sparing strategy. I think the sparing route would easily justify sacrificing knowledge since scum benefits huge from just 1 person in heaven

sure, I guess towncred is always helpful. i just don't *think* catboi sacrifices the chance of us going down the spare route (there was a decent chunk of people who wanted that after all) to gain it. I suppose he could have, though, since still getting townread is still beneficial to his team. it's tough!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 289, Prism wrote:Nifty hat. Well, don't mind me, just going to be opportunist scum parking on you knowing you won't really respond for three days.
Meh, the mopiness is
annoying
but I don't know that it's
scummy
and now that I take off the rage-goggles, even though we disagree on our approaches he seems to be making attempts to legitimately evaluate people
In post 272, Elements wrote:
In post 264, catboi wrote:
@Elements:
In your last Undertale setup game, as town you came out arguing hard against people wanting to go a pacifism route and argued about the downsides it had with regard to the lack of flips from voting. What's different now?
The vast majority of posts have just been about sparing. Only the one saying me, hectic, and pooky should be spared was pacifism indicative.
I also like to think I have matured as a player since then and my play style has changed. But that's self meta so feel free to ignore it
Ah, I misunderstood you. Still seems rather cavalier to have just casually suggested sparing 3 people so early on.
In post 294, Tanner wrote:i didn't think i'd ever have the urge to vig 1/3rd of the players in a given game, but it's actually happened.
Well, 25% of the players in the game right now are scum, but it's probably not all the non-contributors. It's never that easy...usually.

m(*- -*)m Still haven't had time to put in a proper reading of the game, apologies. Hope to get to that soon~
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Chara »

happy scumday Tweet!

i don't have much to say to your response, besides that i think i agree with you more. i was just concerned you'd locktowned him for it, but i can see that isn't the case.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Hectic »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 306, catboi wrote:Meh, the mopiness is annoying but I don't know that it's scummy and now that I take off the rage-goggles, even though we disagree on our approaches he seems to be making attempts to legitimately evaluate people
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Hectic »

HURT: redtea
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

HURT: Pooky

Tell me
, do you have any reads on anyone? You haven't stated a single one all game.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Why'd you hurt redtea first, Hectic?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 309, Hectic wrote:
In post 306, catboi wrote:Meh, the mopiness is annoying but I don't know that it's scummy and now that I take off the rage-goggles, even though we disagree on our approaches he seems to be making attempts to legitimately evaluate people
I just disagreed vehemently with the things you were arguing, is all. I'm over it now, though.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

This flower scares me

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 266, redtea wrote:I gotta say it is a bad take on Hectic's part. The spreadsheets show that he wasn't baselessly echoing Prism for cred but legitimately corroborating.
Both catboi and prism are well tr'd at this point though so I suppose it doesn't really matter
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 312, Morning Tweet wrote:Why'd you hurt redtea first, Hectic?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 314, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
This flower scares me

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Chara »

there's the Hectic i wanted to see.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah this vote is staying for a bit. I'd use "bad" over lackluster to describe his read on me given that Hectic saw a much, MUCH more open/friendly Prism as town and one that laid a million small traps like that as scum, even if he says he doesn't remember much. The pivot to Pooky is playing it super safe and objective with choosing what to push on.

Getting reads out of Pooky has value but I really think this is Hectic struggling to get his bearings, and not in a good way.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm also really skeptical of #302 but that one is a lot less tangible.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 320, Prism wrote:Hectic saw a much, MUCH more open/friendly Prism as town

I was intentionally waiting a little before mentioning it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 320, Prism wrote:The pivot to Pooky is playing it super safe and objective with choosing what to push on.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Hectic »

His approach on me this game is vastly different to how he's ever treated me. The last ~5 games I've played with him he's scumread me. He was town in 4 of those, and scum in 1. My last game with him is the one he was scum in, and in that he mentioned in the scumchat that he knew how to manipulate me by playing to his townmeta, and proceeded to scumread me as usual... the FOOL, that won't ever work on me again.
So, this is very new to me. He doesn't even have a reason to townread me, he's doing it in a memey "Hectic is always town" way. I think there's a chance he's polarising his approach from his last scumgame so that I think he's town here, but he's overdoing it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”