Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:21 am

Post by redtea »

shit i learned a long time ago then forgot how to do it and now I get it wrong half the time
sorry bout that
*Old account here
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 424, redtea wrote:the fuck
heh that was my reaction too
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am

Post by redtea »

lol @ elements walkin in like he never left
In post 410, Elements wrote:
In post 297, Chara wrote:my first thought upon reading this post was "alright, now to try and emulate my town self that Prism is recognizing so i can keep getting townread."
Undertale S ruined me.
Rlly Hectic?
This is so slimy. It's like a hagfish after tying itself in a knot.
It's autological and I don't like it.
Okay, I wasn't going to give my 2 cents on this but looks like I will
The first line: easily faked.
The second line: very natural addition.
Conclusion: NAI.
In post 400, catboi wrote:
In post 399, catboi wrote: shows him making some kind of reads. the logic on prism is fairly iffy, though. is a read of some kind. pressuring pooky is reasonable? like I had been thinking similarly, he just said it before me. as the explanation for the vote-flip makes sense? little moment of indecisiveness that is maybe townie. Yeah, I kind of crapped out that read, it's not as strong as I thought but it at least shows an attempt?
too sloppy to remember to include post links, edit by way of post
Two of those are from after the og post but eh yeah
I do like the fact that he's been more involved recently but I dont tr him that's for sure.

you stole my post about Elements, which is that he's made a good amount of posts you can't get shit from sorry @Chara
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:41 am

Post by redtea »

sorry taylor that wasn't a reaction to his post it was a reaction to my goofs

Tanner is the kind of easily likeable guy I let slip by too easily and is making things hard rn honestly

Lavender, I'm gonna give you an easy one to start with. If you could bump off one person right now who would it be. Not saying you have to stick with it, or that it has to be a hard sr, but gun to your head who would it be and why.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:41 am

Post by redtea »

actually
wanna share what you have against 419 taylor
*Old account here
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by catboi »

Kinda don't want to fully catch up or look at MT's reads until I'm finished on my own to not taint my own assessment.

redtea:

I like the point he makes in about mafia leaving mech discussions open-ended. Does it actually say anything about his alignment? Maybe not. Misunderstands Hectic in but I think the way he's trying to correct a point he thinks Hectic made doesn't feel malicious. Idk if that makes any sense. I do like that he questioned me on Hectic in rather than just letting that sit. just reminds me a ton of our last game, where he was arguing a counter to LHF pushes, and is just laying out an analysis here the feels very sound? I'm not even sure that I suspect hectic, I just like the way redtea is making his points here. Also made me laugh.

puppy:

actually kind of pinged me hard when he made it? Just this big pile of setup questions out in the open to start things off, that triggered my gut along with the early snap townread of Tanner in for a post I didn't feel was particularly telling. Tone of actually kind of funny/good, though? Light assessment. I don't really like though. The comment of "good vibes" from pooky just is way weird and I don't care for him asserting he's town this way. Main suspicion just sheeping onto Chara's Elements vote in / besides that doesn't have much else. Response to Hectic's questioning in reads a tad overdefensive? Really very buddy-buddy in 234. I definitely do not townread CLAP. In fact the ISO mostly recharged my early gut-level suspicion.

pooky:

Fuck if I know. bothers me a little because, like, if hectic is good as scum how does following the spare route actually help? His whole game here of just trying to push toward the spare route while offering nothing else is certainly suspect.

Prism and Chara are probably going to be harder to read. Should try to reassess hectic as well although he hasn't said much new since I last read him Have kind of, thoughts on how I want to proceed but want to try to get a big-picture view of the game in which is something I haven't done in a loooong time
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Lavender »

In post 419, Tanner wrote:
In post 409, Lavender wrote:Here’s a line I always say: Ask me any questions and I’ll answer ^_−☆
what's your opinion on the 17 pages that have happened so far?
They're mostly talking about the optimal way to win this game right?
I think it's just fine, it gives a better understanding of the game, somewhat at least.
The chances of messing up because of mechanics is lowered in my opinion because of them.
Pooky, I just think Pooky is being Pooky. I do think it sounds like a fun idea though. (*≧▽≦)
In post 428, redtea wrote: Lavender, I'm gonna give you an easy one to start with. If you could bump off one person right now who would it be. Not saying you have to stick with it, or that it has to be a hard sr, but gun to your head who would it be and why.
Mmmmmm, Taylor?
Because of this post,
In post 175, Tayl0r Swift wrote:7 pages of mech talk. 7 pages is nothing. and i have a hurt vote on record too. but ill participate properly when you all decide what strategy we should do. im very much of the opinion that mech talk and EVs are pretty much NAI and using them to justify strategy is gonna let scum persuade us to do what they want more often than not. it seems to me that a fight day 1 and then sparing later days is a good idea, but i really havent thought about it that much
I wouldn't say mech talk is nothing, and saying it is doesn't sound real townie to me. (>_<)

Oh, I forgot to HURT: Nahdia
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Now i'm really interested in Puppy cause I liked him super early and then stopped writing notes on him other than general town toning or smth. Maybe im wrong on that
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 430, catboi wrote:pooky:
Fuck if I know. 387 bothers me a little because, like, if hectic is good as scum how does following the spare route actually help? His whole game here of just trying to push toward the spare route while offering nothing else is certainly suspect.
A) when we are scum-hunting - we must hunt down all the scum to win.

B) If we r going for 4 spare-win, we r trying to hit 4 townies with spares.

In one scenario (A) if hectic is scum and we fail to deal with him - we lose.

in scenario (B) if hectic is scum but we hit 4 town-spares -it won't matter that hectic is scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by redtea »

huh
i misunderstood hectic
huh
@hectic
do you not give towncredit for catboi's calucations
lowkey I keep imagining prism/catboi sighing every time we bring up this one thing from the beginning of the game they don't even hard tr each other for, I'm so sorry lol

lavender it feels like you aren't really reading the game.
You say you'd fight Taylor but like, the only difference I'm seeing between you two is attitude. You both seem to be "waiting" on something that's already started.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by redtea »

This game feels so disconnected I think puppy was the bridge plz come back
*Old account here
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 431, Lavender wrote:
In post 419, Tanner wrote:
In post 409, Lavender wrote:Here’s a line I always say: Ask me any questions and I’ll answer ^_−☆
what's your opinion on the 17 pages that have happened so far?
They're mostly talking about the optimal way to win this game right?
I think it's just fine, it gives a better understanding of the game, somewhat at least.
The chances of messing up because of mechanics is lowered in my opinion because of them.
Pooky, I just think Pooky is being Pooky. I do think it sounds like a fun idea though. (*≧▽≦)
In post 428, redtea wrote: Lavender, I'm gonna give you an easy one to start with. If you could bump off one person right now who would it be. Not saying you have to stick with it, or that it has to be a hard sr, but gun to your head who would it be and why.
Mmmmmm, Taylor?
Because of this post,
In post 175, Tayl0r Swift wrote:7 pages of mech talk. 7 pages is nothing. and i have a hurt vote on record too. but ill participate properly when you all decide what strategy we should do. im very much of the opinion that mech talk and EVs are pretty much NAI and using them to justify strategy is gonna let scum persuade us to do what they want more often than not. it seems to me that a fight day 1 and then sparing later days is a good idea, but i really havent thought about it that much
I wouldn't say mech talk is nothing, and saying it is doesn't sound real townie to me. (>_<)

Oh, I forgot to HURT: Nahdia
hmm the vote doesnt seem to follow,but i guess you mean you forgot to do it last post? speaking of reading comprehension, youre either struggling yourself or misrepping me. i said "7 pages is nothing". you read that as "mech talk is nothing". my point was that 7 pages isnt a lot for me to develop solid reads. usually i start by doing a little townhunting, but i really cant townhunt without actual mafia. mechtalk is rarely town indicative.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Taylor I don't know what game you've been reading. The mech talk has stopped entirely other than Pooky grandstanding.

The amount of reads/content in the last ~9 pages is overwhelming and you need to pay more attention to the game instead of shifting the blame.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Prism »

I guess that's a little unfair. You're clarifying a point from post 175, not saying it's still mech talk now. Apologies, have been a bit frustrated this game.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

and youll note that i have started chipping in a bit, more to come as the game gets going. but to me today is basically the first time i havent been bored out of my mind reading the thread.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 437, Prism wrote:Taylor I don't know what game you've been reading. The mech talk has stopped entirely other than Pooky grandstanding.

The amount of reads/content in the last ~9 pages is overwhelming and you need to pay more attention to the game instead of shifting the blame.
ridiculous

my grandstanding has nothing to do with mech
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 435, redtea wrote:Image

This game feels so disconnected I think puppy was the bridge plz come back
aw thanks, this was sweet! but, who are you?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i read the stuff i missed (actually i skimmed because my mind keeped glazing over, nobody said anything good lol)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 430, catboi wrote:
puppy:

actually kind of pinged me hard when he made it? Just this big pile of setup questions out in the open to start things off, that triggered my gut along with the early snap townread of Tanner in for a post I didn't feel was particularly telling. Tone of actually kind of funny/good, though? Light assessment. I don't really like though. The comment of "good vibes" from pooky just is way weird and I don't care for him asserting he's town this way. Main suspicion just sheeping onto Chara's Elements vote in / besides that doesn't have much else. Response to Hectic's questioning in reads a tad overdefensive? Really very buddy-buddy in 234. I definitely do not townread CLAP. In fact the ISO mostly recharged my early gut-level suspicion.
but i did read this! it's always fun to read gossip about yourself. fyi my elements vote is semi-serious now, it's more than sheeping chara (actually i think she made the point first and technically i voted first?) anyways, i think i have a decent reason for voting elements if you want to hear it (you want to hear it don't you squidward)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

@tanner
why are you voting taylor? is it just because she's still talking setup/spare stuff, or because you have some stronger scumread? if you did i couldn't find it
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

also i was thinking about spares again. i forgot why we gave up on them. i know it's unlikely that we'll spare correctly 4 times in a row, but is the 4 spare ending really that bad? say there's one scum in finale, wouldn't that be pretty good odds with strong town players? or would paranoia + no flips be too much to overcome?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

anybody who has more posts than me is, officially, scummy. not trying to call anyone out or anything, but that's right, im officially putting yall on blast, chara / prism / pooky / hectic. (actually i feel pretty mixed about this list, but rules are rules, posting more than the talking puppy is scummy and there's probably one scum in this group tbh)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by catboi »

Prism:

Hectic callout in 221 makes sense, not sure the townread of Prism made a lot of sense, although the vote on him in 284 is...weird? Like he says he's not feeling up to playing and that earns a scumread? Aggression in 289 feels a little unnatural but eh. Evaluation of Chara in 296 is not something I'm sure I understand, but feels like real thoughts. Maybe. 320 over the read makes sense, and I really like 327, just the contrasting of a post from a past game with this one.

re: 341 "Is [Hectic] playing it so safe because he's uncomfortable as scum and struggling to start the game off on the right foot?" doesn't seem to fit with Hectic as scum? At least from the word of other people in this game. But the bit about expecting better reads is fair.

Read on me in 371 still kinda weird to me, the "I hate that he's likely to be town" is an odd thing to say.

Overall summary is that while I can see where Prism's aggro-tunnel on Hectic is coming from, and it looks townish? I think it's well within his range as scum? He's had a fairly narrow focus this game as well which makes me concerned. I want him to be town though. Hopefully he'll give me reason to put him there soon.

Chara:

long ISO where I find a lot less to read off than I'd hoped? I'm severely bad at trusting people this game. The point on elements in 160
is
, at least, a good sort of observation even if I don't think I liked the way puppy latched onto it. 297 is kind of skeevy in tone? I agree with elements on that one. After that, I..don't know? It find myself a bit muddled as to where their thoughts lie and didn't find any posts that screamed out to me as a good take or being really townie? I swear to god I'm not just being lazy, I'm just kind of ??? on Chara

Now to actually catchup on everything since my
last
catchup
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 443, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 430, catboi wrote:
puppy:

but i did read this! it's always fun to read gossip about yourself. fyi my elements vote is semi-serious now, it's more than sheeping chara (actually i think she made the point first and technically i voted first?) anyways, i think i have a decent reason for voting elements if you want to hear it (you want to hear it don't you squidward)
Sure, hit me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by catboi »

Reading MT's notes and already Lol I'm like way on the opposite end of the fence regarding puppy. But yet...I like what she has going on here? the lack of composition reminds me of how I jot things down without regards to a composed narrative and I think it's got good analysis in there. I would maybe not be as super trusting of some of her townreads as she is, but I like what I see from her and in a game where I'm starved for townreads, I think she's a good one to trust.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”