Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

@Ruler

I drew the line of what to call late vote changes at the point where Assassin voted Avenger on Sunday in my time zone. That's when Assassin's wagon became non-viable unless he kick-started it himself. From that perspective Rider's choices make sense to me. Follow their progression on who they were willing to vote. It's not a huge ISO.

Foreigner also wanted Assassin for the buff and went to Caster only after Assassin voted Avenger.

In some ways, Caster vs Avenger is more interesting than either of those wagons vs Assassin.

We're all different and consider ourselves vulnerable to different kinds of scum-hunting. Assassin is the player I would have least wanted to have the buff assuming all 3 main wagons are town. Their style of scumhunting, along with keeping reads fairly close early on during the previous phase and the charismatic effect they were having on discourse (and later votes) would be a lot harder for scum-me to avoid or influence.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1325, Servant Alter Ego wrote:@Ruler

I drew the line of what to call late vote changes at the point where Assassin voted Avenger on Sunday in my time zone. That's when Assassin's wagon became non-viable unless he kick-started it himself. From that perspective Rider's choices make sense to me. Follow their progression on who they were willing to vote. It's not a huge ISO.

Foreigner also wanted Assassin for the buff and went to Caster only after Assassin voted Avenger.

In some ways, Caster vs Avenger is more interesting than either of those wagons vs Assassin.

We're all different and consider ourselves vulnerable to different kinds of scum-hunting. Assassin is the player I would have least wanted to have the buff assuming all 3 main wagons are town. Their style of scumhunting, along with keeping reads fairly close early on during the previous phase and the charismatic effect they were having on discourse (and later votes) would be a lot harder for scum-me to avoid or influence.
this reads to me like a scumslip. the last paragraph feels like it belongs in the scum pt
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Then you need to read it again.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:03 pm

In post 1311, Servant Assassin wrote:And, not to foist too much work on you, but as I have it here, your current scumreads are: Lancer, Ruler, Rider, Caster, and Archer. Would you mind giving me a few words on why you suspect each of these people? You don't need to pull quotes for this, 1-3 sentences on each should suffice.
caster - weird interactions and seems to be trying to manipulate things/posting with an agenda. this one was mostly gut.
archer - this is a pretty vanilla take and my reasoning doesnt differ from other people
ruler - i cant really understand the mindset behind the posting, im just getting some gutpings
lancer - i dont remember, once lancer starts posting ill keep an eye out.
rider - i dont like the interactions rider has with people, i dont like how rider seems to be pulling strings.

these are all pretty bad. i dont use a notes pt and i like to give reads as i go. it makes things very weak at this point in a game but it usually works out later. there were more and better reasons as i went, but i was struggling to keep up with just reading the thread and so thats all youre gonna get for now. there will be more and better going forward.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

What's up shielder. I've mostly ignored the talk around your slot. But those scumreads don't really measure up to the thought I feel you gave your assassin scumread.

I think that might be because of the day 0 townhunt mindset so talk to me about some of your townreads with a little more depth.

Like berserker. I know it's hard to separate them from their entrance but in the world where scum nor town knew mastering multiple slots could be a shared ability, does your berserker read still stand?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

What's it like being invisible Beast?

Oh, it's alright. Cabd gave me this unique avatar.

Pretty neat. What's it do?

Let's people know I'm a unique butterfly in their world of plain gold. No one noticed it though.

Shame...
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1306, Servant Assassin wrote:The gun to head question? The thing that ran for two whole pages?

If you're seeing someone not paying attention, I think it's because you're looking in a mirror.
You don't need to sass me for not recognizing an abbreviation you made up.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

I have a headache and am taking a break for the night.
Sorry everyone.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count D1-1 (First Elimination)

Shielder (3): Foreigner, Avenger, Caster

With 14 players alive, it will take 8 votes to eliminate a player.

Phase Page Usage: 8/60

Day one will end in: (expired on 2020-09-18 22:00:00)

Please do not put votes or unvotes within spoiler tags. I have counted your unvote, Archer, but next time put it outside the tags.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:47 pm

In post 1330, Servant Beast wrote:What's it like being invisible Beast?

Oh, it's alright. Cabd gave me this unique avatar.

Pretty neat. What's it do?

Let's people know I'm a unique butterfly in their world of plain gold. No one noticed it though.

Shame...
Expressions of envy are kinda gauche, though.

Where's your head at regarding the exciting finale to the master phase?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 75, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 71, Servant Beast wrote:Hey guys, checking in. Skimming and trying to get used to reading messages with the avatars all looking the same.

I can confirm I have a similar ability to what several people have claimed so I think that is all null then right?
Your avatar is a different color.
I cannot understate how fucking jealous I am.
here
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 75, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 71, Servant Beast wrote:Hey guys, checking in. Skimming and trying to get used to reading messages with the avatars all looking the same.

I can confirm I have a similar ability to what several people have claimed so I think that is all null then right?
Your avatar is a different color.
I cannot understate how fucking jealous I am.
here
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Can anyone other than Shielder who did NOT have the ability to upgrade other players as part of their master upgrade claim that in their next post?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Actually, let me rephrase that.

@Lancer, @Beast, you're the only two who haven't claimed whether or not they had it.

Did either of you not have the ability to upgrade other players?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Wait never mind Beast actually did, though he just called it a "similar ability", getting my notes mixed up.

Lancer then.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm

In post 1337, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Can anyone other than Shielder who did NOT have the ability to upgrade other players as part of their master upgrade claim that in their next post?
once lancer claims ask me about this pls.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 1324, Servant Ruler wrote:Specifically his theory on scum participation in the master process. So I want to say part of what I was doing was to sort assassin but he never called me out on it which was kind of disappointing.

I figured if his assertion was accurate then scum wouldn't really shuffle the board themselves but Assassin being on the money would likely force them to master someone less able to connect the dots. So I picked Caster to offer as a viable alternate option.

I was mostly interested in your thoughts on rider / foreigner since that's who bit on Caster being viable. I'm not sure if foreigner followed up on their analysis of anti-assassin wagon slots that they used to explain their vote but I'll read through day start in a bit.
I will be honest here: your presence in the game was not very high to that point and I had sort of written you off as lolunmotivatedscum among lowposters, and after our little brush-off in thread didn't put much thought to your actions. They seemed strange and arbitrary to me at the time. I hope you do not take this personally. I entered day 1 with an open mind to everyone as I've spent the past 24 hours giddily combing over information while trying to paint a picture in my mind. I appreciate your explanation for your actions, it helps me make more sense of your play. I believe your time to shine in this game may still be to come.

I'm thinking the pivot to assassin might just be a play to avoid making an enemy of assassin who would be easier to appease for two days and then get rid of than have him as a likely non lynchable variable.

With that said id agree there is a degree of coordination involved in Assassin being mastered and I would have given Archer a ton of points if they stuck to Avenger. Avenger comes out looking really townie by virtue of his static wagon I believe.
I've been going over that late wagon movement myself, I find it extremely intriguing. I suspect the shifting votes will be looked at as a pivotal moment in this game, and I am not saying that for selfish egotistical reasons.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I've been accused of many things but I am a little amazed the reason I'm scum is for posting with an agenda. I don't think I could be doing that any less, Shielder.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Ask you about what, Shielder? If you want to talk about something, talk about it lol. I wasn't asking you anything.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Berserker is being given way too much credit for their entrance. A savvy scum player could very easily see from their fake claim PMs that ramming that angle as hard as possible would get them townread.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm

In post 1331, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 1306, Servant Assassin wrote:The gun to head question? The thing that ran for two whole pages?

If you're seeing someone not paying attention, I think it's because you're looking in a mirror.
You seem to have avoided the real point I was trying to make to you (that shielder had responded to my little game before they made their post voting me, making it highly unlikely that was a serious vote) in favor of replying to me with snark. I am unsure what you are hoping to accomplish with this approach.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 pm

In post 1344, Servant Caster wrote:Berserker is being given way too much credit for their entrance. A savvy scum player could very easily see from their fake claim PMs that ramming that angle as hard as possible would get them townread.
I've been thinking about that for the last hour or so and came to the exact opposite conclusion.

And I only just realised I've been thinking about the master-upgrade mechanic entirely incorrectly for most of the game lol. I've been operating internally on the assumption of chain upgrades being a thing (even though I distinctly recall Assassin / Rider bringing up that this wasn't the case, it never really clicked for me until I started thinking about Ruler v1's first post).
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1345, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 1331, Servant Caster wrote:

You seem to have avoided the real point I was trying to make to you (that shielder had responded to my little game before they made their post voting me, making it highly unlikely that was a serious vote) in favor of replying to me with snark. I am unsure what you are hoping to accomplish with this approach.
I don't respond well to unfair criticism.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:30 pm

In post 1344, Servant Caster wrote:Berserker is being given way too much credit for their entrance. A savvy scum player could very easily see from their fake claim PMs that ramming that angle as hard as possible would get them townread.
For what it is worth, I am not doing this. I am trying to base my read of her on her play, rather than simple claim shenanigans. I have been burned many times by thinking a straightaway claim could never come from scum.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:34 pm

It's one data point among many.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”