Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Chara »

i caught myself townreading kitty just because i like them. i have been compromised.
but also, i do like the reply to "Prism" and how it continues with the approach catboi has been taking this game, but i think i'd like it more if he wanted to engage with the actual analysis in some way.

i feel like we're all a bit without direction, which would be fine if not for the deadline approaching. who decided to go ahead and vote Taylor? i think i have to townread them. was it kitty?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 824, Chara wrote:do you also feel like giving a redtea take? i may as well crowdsource it if you're looking for something to gnaw on. other that that anything you find interesting i'd love to hear.
i remember reding a couple of their posts and going "hey that's what i was thinking/feeling". their read of me feels so weird that i kinda think is genuine. also lazily skimming their iso i like .

why did it take me 10 minutes to write those 3 sentences what the fuck

so yeah, nothing actually that strong, but /shrug.

if i found anything interesting anywhere trust me i would be saying it
your eyes on the city.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 825, Chara wrote:i caught myself townreading kitty just because i like them. i have been compromised.
but also, i do like the reply to "Prism" and how it continues with the approach catboi has been taking this game, but i think i'd like it more if he wanted to engage with the actual analysis in some way.

i feel like we're all a bit without direction, which would be fine if not for the deadline approaching. who decided to go ahead and vote Taylor? i think i have to townread them. was it kitty?
I was...just having the conversation with you about why I find them scummy rather than just nooby? Like, yeah.

Also, I will be signing off for the night to clear my mind so if anyone asks me anything else, I won't be around to answer.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by beeboy »

Stick a bunch of fight votes on me if I don't play tomorrow before what a standard eastern time supper would be.

I am the worst at catching up >.>
Pls send me isolated posts that I have no context for, those are like my favorite to read ngl.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by beeboy »

Like you'd be suprised how often someone trying help someone catch up can show a consistent story or an inconsitent one on a reread.
Why yes yes, it's not my lack of motivation, what I am doing is actually a tactical attempt to get a better perspective on the game.

You are all welcome.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by beeboy »

Prism's read list had a set of takes that I think come from town.
His read on MT although consistent of him saying a bunch of MT traits and calling them scum indicative.
I also really liked that read in particular.

To some degree I want to town read MT for Hectic's "Top secret meta read", since good players tend to not say that without a real reason to do so.
But I also think I could probably read her on my own since I am fairly experienced playing with her, and she did perceive herself to be scum in one game even if she was town and could have thought it was multiball.

I originally wanted to question Hectic because I never heard of this tell before!!! But the 3 games that the 3 of us touched were 2 games modded by hectic and 1 modded by MT.
For the amount I've played with both Hectic and MT I am genuinely suprised this is the first time the 3 of us have played together. I don't want to count the dance game since it was an anon game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Isis »

The new deadline after the extension for Elements' replacement is (expired on 2020-09-15 15:27:24)
(it was a forty hour extension).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 827, catboi wrote:
In post 825, Chara wrote:i caught myself townreading kitty just because i like them. i have been compromised.

I was...just having the conversation with you about why I find them scummy rather than just nooby? Like, yeah.

Also, I will be signing off for the night to clear my mind so if anyone asks me anything else, I won't be around to answer.
to be clear, i was townreading the player who voted Taylor, not Taylor.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 820, Tanner wrote:one maybe less boring answer is hectic. i'm kind of... creeped out by his play around lavender? asks them for a readslist with feels about players, and once they make that one post doing what was asked of them, they go pretty high up in his reads because... they did a similar post in one towngame? and the one scumgame over a year ago their readslist was "less fluffy"?
As I mentioned before, it's not just the readlist, it's the general posting in both of those games, and not just that towngame, I checked the towngame before that too. catboi raises a good point that it seems like her tone has just shifted in general over time though.

I was excited to be able to call her town because she seems like a difficult read! I still think there's fair value to it because I think her first scumgame after so long would still have less elements of her townplay - the uncertainty and stream of consciousness while writing posts I mean.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

beeboy wrote:To some degree I want to town read MT for Hectic's "Top secret meta read", since good players tend to not say that without a real reason to do so.
But I also think I could probably read her on my own since I am fairly experienced playing with her, and she did perceive herself to be scum in one game even if she was town and could have thought it was multiball.

I originally wanted to question Hectic because I never heard of this tell before!!! But the 3 games that the 3 of us touched were 2 games modded by hectic and 1 modded by MT.
For the amount I've played with both Hectic and MT I am genuinely suprised this is the first time the 3 of us have played together. I don't want to count the dance game since it was an anon game.
Yeah that was a textbook scum game of mine for one day. Look no further than the difference between how i sounded D1 vs. the rest of the days in that game to decipher the difference between how i play

oh yeah I guess that's true, huh? This tell is a reoccurring theme that i haven't been able to break out of for... hm... like around, 13 games now
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by beeboy »

MT don't act like your self aware of it D:
It will make me scared, play dumb in your next post please.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

Don't tell anyone, beeboy, but it's actually the way Morning flaps her ears. She flaps them slightly faster when she's town.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Just because im aware of it does not make me capable of breaking free from it, not for very long

i mean-- um.mm..

I have no idea what im like as scum, I hardly ever roll it anyway. i've all but forgotten what i act like
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 836, Hectic wrote:Don't tell anyone, beeboy, but it's actually the way Morning flaps her ears. She flaps them slightly faster when she's town.
flipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflapflipflap

(人・ω・)
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by beeboy »

I haven't thought about the setup yet, but can I be punished for sparing town and hurting scum?
I don't even thinking only sparing is that bad because finding 4 confident town reads isn't actually the hardest thing the world. (I do not believe it calling for 5 matters since you gain an elim in that pool anyway.)

Zero sounds like a misplay due to the nature of finding town reads just being easier then finding scum reads.

So basically my mentality is spare at least 1 town, after that who cares even if we literally spare 4 town.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I hope you are all proud of me for restraining myself from posting more. Skitter told me I need to dial down my involvement in games and give them a chance to breathe.

Anyway here are some of my thoughts over the last 24 hours:

1] Hectic

I liked his TR of Lavendar - I was worried for a moment that he was moving to LHF-Push Lavendar as her meta is fairly weak - this slides him more towards a good player for me.

Not like SOUL-READ MASON- but closer. The music is also lovely.

2) Catboi

I find it strange that he would pursue the path of attacking me and claim that he expected me to bury him in a giant wall and then back off the way he did.

If this is what you expect me to do when you attack then why would you even attack in the first place if you were just going to walk away? The behavior is strange and I'm not sure if it is AI.

3) Redtea has gone mia

I hope he's alright and I would like to discuss his town-read on catboi with him.

4) I like reading Prism/Chara conversations - they are refreshing.

5) MorningTweet is too cute.

6) Could it be that Puppy is scum with Elements? Would be very interesting to re-examine the Puppy slot. I would be sad if my puppy friend was scum here.

Ending Thoughts -

I would like everyone to take the time to do a detailed readslist with actual citations for how they feel about each slot in the game.

Right now we feel somewhat directionless very close to the deadline and I would like to get more of an overall sense of how the room is feeling before we decide on a fight candidate.

Also if we miss and hit town it would be very useful to see the Chara's readslist.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Hectic »

Flapping them too fast makes the tell wrap around into being a scumtell though. It's gotta be between 100 and 200 fpm (flaps per minute)
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by beeboy »

MT is using a lot less emojis then what I am comfortable with....
Hectic is doing his scum tell of not posting Miso pics....

This game might not be as easy as what I think it is >:(
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 842, beeboy wrote:Hectic is doing his scum tell of not posting Miso pics....
Uh oh. My greatest weakness
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Do I have emoji indicative tells im not aware of? (¬ω¬)
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 844, Morning Tweet wrote:Do I have emoji indicative tells im not aware of? (¬ω¬)
Hectic not posting Miso pics is a proven hard scum tell.
While I use emojis as my primary method of reading you.

Puts you in a slightly better spot then Hectic.
But I believe you can both adapt now that I have given you this information. Thank you for your time.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Hectic »

Perfect
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 840, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hope you are all proud of me for restraining myself from posting more. Skitter told me I need to dial down my involvement in games and give them a chance to breathe.

Anyway here are some of my thoughts over the last 24 hours:

1] Hectic

I liked his TR of Lavendar - I was worried for a moment that he was moving to LHF-Push Lavendar as her meta is fairly weak - this slides him more towards a good player for me.

Not like SOUL-READ MASON- but closer. The music is also lovely.

2) Catboi

I find it strange that he would pursue the path of attacking me and claim that he expected me to bury him in a giant wall and then back off the way he did.

If this is what you expect me to do when you attack then why would you even attack in the first place if you were just going to walk away? The behavior is strange and I'm not sure if it is AI.

3) Redtea has gone mia

I hope he's alright and I would like to discuss his town-read on catboi with him.

4) I like reading Prism/Chara conversations - they are refreshing.

5) MorningTweet is too cute.

6) Could it be that Puppy is scum with Elements? Would be very interesting to re-examine the Puppy slot. I would be sad if my puppy friend was scum here.

Ending Thoughts -

I would like everyone to take the time to do a detailed readslist with actual citations for how they feel about each slot in the game.

Right now we feel somewhat directionless very close to the deadline and I would like to get more of an overall sense of how the room is feeling before we decide on a fight candidate.

Also if we miss and hit town it would be very useful to see the Chara's readslist.
You can't see my SOUL yet, Pooky?? It's alright, we have time to work on this.

Is catboi's other content since your scumcase of him making you lean one way or the other on him?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm

i blame your music for distracting me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:21 pm

In post 847, Hectic wrote:Is catboi's other content since your scumcase of him making you lean one way or the other on him?
it feels pretty opportunistic to me that he seems to be going from 1 LHF to another at this point.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”