Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count D1-8 (Second Elimination)

With 13 players alive, it will take 7 votes to eliminate a player.

Shielder (3): Foreigner, Caster, Beast
Caster (2): Berserker, Assassin
Lancer (1): Rider
Beast (1): Saber

Phase Page Usage: 33/60

Day one will end in: (expired on 2020-09-18 22:00:00)
Last edited by Cabd on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

Servant Foreigner has requested replacement. Searching...
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1973, Servant Lancer wrote:It's difficult to learn your motivations when you dont communicate them. Explaining it now is well and good, but that's easy to do when you have so much distance from the original action.

I don't think you forgot about any scumreads, the posts were literally back to back, so suggesting that that would be the problem were you scum feels is arguing against something I didn't suggest to begin with. Deciding to pressure Ruler there feels pointless, especially when it's nothing but putting a vote out there with no attempts to move others in that direction. What were you hoping to get out of the vote?
While that's fair, I'm hardly alone in this game in being a little inscrutable.

A wagon, I suppose? I'm not much of an influencer, surely that's clear - I like to do my own thing and rarely make appeals to others to join me until very late in the game.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

Why did Assassin's opinion on who to eliminate matter to you when you still believed strongly that Shielder was scum? And what prompted you to move back to Shielder?

And I'm struggling to find out your motivations here. You sometimes feel like you're trying to dig into things, but most of the time you look like you're purposely being opaque. You said the Ruler vote thing is an easy thing to jump on, but why did you even do it that way?
I know 'for a wagon', but you must know it wouldn't happen from nothing.

I just got to Shielder v3s entrance. I don't know yet. I guess it does make sense v2s claim was a lie when I think about it being the only one like that, but I still think their ISO has a lot of townie moments. Which is what I thought Moon Cancer was talking about, but now Im rhinking they were talking about Caster. lol.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1976, Cabd wrote:
This slot has been replaced. I will be adding 24 hours to the deadline upon the next votecount.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1978, Servant Lancer wrote:Why did Assassin's opinion on who to eliminate matter to you when you still believed strongly that Shielder was scum? And what prompted you to move back to Shielder?
Because I feel accomplishing anything without his approval will be pretty difficult.
Ruler didn't go anywhere and I think I started to become a serious consideration; I would not like to leave today.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1978, Servant Lancer wrote:but most of the time you look like you're purposely being opaque.
I'm just lazy and gut-oriented.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 1976, Cabd wrote:
Be well foreigner. :]

Hi new foreigner.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:42 pm

In post 1981, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 1978, Servant Lancer wrote:but most of the time you look like you're purposely being opaque.
I'm just lazy and gut-oriented.
Plausible. :)
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Caster's tone is hitting that town high note.
But the rest of him is just bleh.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

Foreigner 1, hope you're all right.

Foreigner 2, welcome, if you need to know anything, feel free to ask me.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

Where should I start reading from? Don't say the start.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 1986, Servant Foreigner wrote:Where should I start reading from? Don't say the start.
The start.

Or just vote shielder
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

@Rider, my abilities appear to fit with the wiki flavor pretty well.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Thinking flavour is going to match 100% seems ridiculous. Do you think there are zero investigative abilities in this game or something?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 am

I did a bit of reading, it seems we're split between burning Servant Caster and Servant Shielder right now. I don't strongly lean one way over the other from what I've read.
In post 1987, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 1986, Servant Foreigner wrote:Where should I start reading from? Don't say the start.
The start.

Or just vote shielder
I already am.
In post 1989, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Do you think there are zero investigative abilities in this game or something?
Nice role fishing buddy. I recommend this question not be answered by Servant Alter Ego
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I think I immediately lose any semblance of respect for someone when they use the term "role fishing" unironically.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 am

I'm not asking you to respect me, I'm asking you to stop role fishing.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 am

My problem is the way you framed this - it shouldn't have ever been painted as a question to Servant Alter Ego. You could have simply said 'flavor won't match because there are likely to be investigative roles in the game' and that would have carried the same meaning without it seeming like you were angling for information based on a response.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 am

This was the post I gave to servant saber when they subbed in:

Obviously a bit dated, we burned Archer and he flipped red, but a decent enough primer for what I think is important. The start of the current elimination phase is here: . That and the end of the master phase are the most relevant sections of the game. If you want me to summarize why people are being voted, I can.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 am

In post 1964, Servant Rider wrote:2. The claim of being a commuter with a friend. According to Shielder, they can commute both themselves and another player but that any actions targeting Shielder go through. This makes no sense. If that's the case, they're not commuting themselves, but force commuting someone else. If there's some kind of caveat (e.g. Shielder themselves cannot be killed but can be targeted by investigatives/protects/whatever) it's unclear what that is. It is clear, however, that some caveat exists, or Shielder would have simply said "I commute other people".

I'd like all of you to examine your abilities vs. the flavor of your chosen servant on the FGO wiki to see if Shielder's claim is im/plausible.
No you misunderstand.

Shielder is claiming that both themself and another player are fully commuted, but that the other player who is commuted can still affect Shielder with actions
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 am

In post 1963, Servant Rider wrote:So, I did some digging around into Shielder's claim. I'd like to do a nice side by side comparison, but I lack the desire to make infographics so text will have to do. This is the first of several posts about the topics at hand and has been broken up so as not to wall anyone to death.

Exalted Impervious Wall of Snowflakes: commute 1 other player together that night, me and them are immune to all but what they target me with can still go through (Shielder claim)
Exalted Impervious Wall of Snowflakes: Increases party's defense for 3 turns. Reduces party's damage taken by 2000 for 1 attack. (FGO Wiki, found here.)

Obscurant Wall of Chalk One-shot: target 1 player they get a noble phantasm charge and are jailkept for 1 night (Shielder claim)
Obscurant Wall of Chalk: Grants one ally's Invincibility for 1 turn. Charges their NP gauge. (FGO Wiki, found here.)

Shield of Rousing Resolution: if 7 or more townies are alive, I gain 2 noble phantasm charges instead of 1 at start of day phase. I think this is a passive ability (Shielder claim)
Shield of Rousing Resolution: 500% Chance to draw attention of all enemies to self for 1 turn. Increases own NP generation rate for 1 turn. (FGO Wiki, found here.)

Lord Camelot - Fortress of the Distant Utopia (****) when using this I dont lose charges. can talk during the night phase when used (Shielder claim)
Lord Camelot - Fortress of the Distant Utopia: Reduces party's damage taken for 3 turns. Increases party's attack by 30% except herself for 3 turns. Increases party's defense for 3 turns. (FGO Wiki, found here.)
In post 1964, Servant Rider wrote:The problems I have:

1. The flavor/game text does not line up well with the claimed abilities. Obscurant wall of chalk is fine, but the first ability, third ability, and noble phantasm do not. My roles and abilities match either the in game text or the name of the ability, and in my opinion the abilities claimed above do not. Shield of Rousing Resolution and Lord Camelot in particular strike me as odd. While SoRR has an NP gain component in it, its primary task is to redirect actions to the shielder (i.e. a taunt mechanic). It's also not a passive ability. Lord Camelot also is a very strange mechanic and has little to do with either the name or the in-game effect.
Shielder's claim seems to hold up to my scrutiny. I think all of the claimed abilities plausible to likely, with the exception of Lord Camelot - Fortress of the Distant Utopia, which I see as unlikely... but confirmable

VOTE: Servant Caster
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:23 am

FTR, want to re-emphasize: there are numerous reasons to scumread Shielder beyond their claim. I just prefer a Caster vote today.

Oh, and Foreigner, just so you know, I'm confirmed town. Don't know if you've picked up on that or not.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Foreigner 1, Hope things go well.

Foreigner 2, Welcome.

What's the VC at? I think I am going to have to decide this without hearing from the two Rs. I'll be back later today probably.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Servant Shielder »

Hey guys I'm really sorry but I've been pretty busy with irl stuff and other mafia games I've been playing picked up in activity (in like 4 other games atm and I think I bit off a little too much than I could handle cause they were all going really slow when I replaced in). I don't want to replace out (god i'd feel bad if I revealed everything I had and then just dipped) but
I'd like to request V/LA until Sunday please @mod
. I have been reading the stuff after I joined I just haven't hqd much time to comment and feel im missing a lot of context. Hopefully Sunday I'll have time to read everything and give a few long posts about my impressions and form reads, barring other shielders. Sorry again guys.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”