Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 123, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 122, chkflip wrote: The disparity between these two posts is atrocious. In the first you're applauding xRECKONERx as helpful town and in the second you're chastising Haschel for asking you a question you found to be unhelpful. What pings me here is simple: they both posted equally. RECK's post about the history of Sunny, though enlightening for the kids not following along in the appreciation thread, wasn't remotely alignment indicative. Yet you're seemingly taken aback by something you don't think will help engage you in a way that'll show your own alignment? Pardon my French, bud, but that doesn't make any fucking reasonable amount of sense to me.
VP's posting isn't great but this post is also bad.
can we drill down and try to suss out what is bad about it?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Sure. Let's both do it.

Spoiler: Here is why it is bad. No peeking until you've also answered the question.
I'll post the actual answer in my next post; no fair copying off of me!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 am

Post by chkflip »

Let me climb out of this manhole before you pile on, hm?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 am

Post by brighteningskies »

Chkflip:
Yeah I'm glad I know the name for it now. No one answered my previous question about why the jokey voting so I asked it again but with newb card and got an answer :D

And VP had no real reason I can see to vote Gamma in particular and then calling everyone to vote gamma so hence negative sheeping. Because surely a townbloc should start for a reason/suspicion?

I'm not reaaally fence sitting. I've got a vote on someone I think is scum and I don't necessarily agree that you being this aggressive is a sign of scum but I'm not the biggest fan of it, seems a bit mean.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:52 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 32, xRECKONERx wrote:wait i found pooping sunny

that is all
This is the best thing I've seen all week. Thanks for making my day.
In post 45, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 44, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 41, Gamma Emerald wrote:Do arbitrary townblocs ever contribute anything of meaning? I see so many people open with them and I want to mock the living daylights of them for how silly it is but I’ve never actually paid attention to their effects on the game
Townblocs win games. What you got against them?
In my experience, scum are always the ones to either start the townbloc or get into them early. For what I hope are obvious reasons.
In post 59, Untrod Tripod wrote:
A non-exhaustive list of things that aren't garbage:

1. Puppies
2. Sunny
3. The girl reading this message :wink:
4. The fact that LyLo has become "YOLO" since we use "yeet" now
5. Yeeting people who think they're the leader of the game
I prefer execute to give that real French Revolution vibe, but I can support YEET for the duration of this game.
In post 67, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Is there a reason to suspect otherwise?
Everyone else seems to be in RVS or RQS at the time this post was made. I consider that sufficient to provide reasonable doubt.
In post 78, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay. I’ll leave you to it then.
please please please please PLEASE tell me ur being sarcastic and/or are trying to point out how silly this is from some weird side-angle.
In post 106, chkflip wrote:
In post 27, VP Baltar wrote:I'm officially opening applications for the VP town block. Anyone admitted will survive until the end as CONFIRMED TOWN.

TO APPLY:

1) Do stuff VP finds obvtown.
2) Laugh as scum flail from being PoE'd into oblivion.

Who is submitting applications?
Impressive. Confirmed town how, exactly?
In post 60, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 58, xRECKONERx wrote:ut quick: what ISNT garbage
Got you there, UT
Mature. Like, totally not being a prick here.
In post 66, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 65, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Any particular reason you skipped the relevant posts by UT?
Is this a legit question meant to determine my alignment?
Vexing. Again no arrogance seen. :thorface:
In post 69, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 67, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Is there a reason to suspect otherwise?
It's a terrible question that couldn't possibly yield alignment info and I was obviously ribbing UT.....so, yes?
Terrible. Like in a "I know what I'm doing more than you know what you're doing" kind of way.

But ask me again how you're being a fucking prick.

This is super fun.

Wow.
I've seen a few dozen people this week that are more of an asshole than VP Baltar is.
Which is kind of impressive given that I'm basically quarantining at the moment.
In post 121, AGar wrote:
In post 103, xRECKONERx wrote:uncomfortable that people are dogpiling with me on my questioning of ut hmmmmmm
Who’s dogpiling?
Quite. This is a good point to bring up at this juncture.
Also, it's good to see you again.
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:52 am

Post by tn5421 »

In summary: I don't like that people dogpiled chkdsk for shit that VP also did and got excused for.
WIP
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 130, tn5421 wrote:In summary: I don't like that people dogpiled chkdsk for shit that VP also did and got excused for.
I mean, idk if it's the same. But....

I do think we need other topics to discuss than just the merits of townblocing. is there anyone in particular on the chkflip wagon you take issue with?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 107, xRECKONERx wrote:that is single handedly the largest tonal overreaction ive ever seen in a mafia game and i feel like chkflip vastly overestimated the read he had on the room

VOTE: chkflip
Yeah I think he thought it was time to dogpile VPB

I don’t know why that makes him scum but w/e
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 121, AGar wrote:
In post 103, xRECKONERx wrote:uncomfortable that people are dogpiling with me on my questioning of ut hmmmmmm
Who’s dogpiling?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 122, chkflip wrote:The disparity between these two posts is atrocious. In the first you're applauding xRECKONERx as helpful town and in the second you're chastising Haschel for asking you a question you found to be unhelpful. What pings me here is simple: they both posted equally. RECK's post about the history of Sunny, though enlightening for the kids not following along in the appreciation thread, wasn't remotely alignment indicative. Yet you're seemingly taken aback by something you don't think will help engage you in a way that'll show your own alignment? Pardon my French, bud, but that doesn't make any fucking reasonable amount of sense to me.
I'm really having a hard time telling if you can't read intent or just take everything as literally as possible. You think I was being serious about townreading Reck because he made a post explaining where Sunny came from? Or is it more likely that I know Reck from the site and it was just some friendly banter?

Re: Haschel, that was my bad because I thought he was referring to UT's "not garbage" post. We cleared that up after he explained he was talking about a previous UT post. I did address his question seriously in once I understood what he was referring to.
In post 122, chkflip wrote:You further my scum pinging by voting arguably the easiest vote to make in the entirety of my time on this website. No offense to the guy, but Gamma Emerald has made a name for being absolute elimbait. Yeetbate? Executebait? Whatever. The fact of the matter is that the vote is nothing short of worthless at this, or almost any, stage of the game when -- let's face it -- he'll likely lurk out any Goddamn way. I know because I just had to rally myself out of being eliminated in his stead in a recently completed game and have seen it happen more often then not when I'm in games with him.
I mean, this is my fourth game back since returning from a 7 year hiatus. I don't know Gamma Emerald from Adam, so your personal meta of his slot doesn't mean anything to me.

I don't know what you mean that a vote on him is worthless at any stage of the game. You're saying we should never vote for him because he lurks and is bad in your opinion?

----------

re: your newb!town read on skies () -- that stuff all feels pretty neutral to me, but shrug. I don't really have a read on skies yet, so I'm not really too interested in arguing about it. Seems like making a judgement on very little to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@tn
yeah I was being a bit snarky to VPB but I also think he’s demonstrating that he’s willing to put real thought into his townbloc, rather than just take people because they feed his ego
<Embrace The Void>

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 132, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 107, xRECKONERx wrote:that is single handedly the largest tonal overreaction ive ever seen in a mafia game and i feel like chkflip vastly overestimated the read he had on the room

VOTE: chkflip
Yeah I think he thought it was time to dogpile VPB

I don’t know why that makes him scum but w/e
The argument would be that scum tend to be at a loss D1 for who they should target and chkflip decided to make a mountain out of a molehill from my posts because he thought more people were offended by them than really were.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That checks out
VOTE: chkflip X-2
<Embrace The Void>

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

skies, what's your actual mafia experience? You have a few games in, right?
YOUR AD HERE

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Alright the thread is moving on so instead of waiting for UT I'll just give my answer now.

The post about Reck was obviously a joke, everybody here knew it was a joke, and seeing it being misinterpreted to be a seriouspost and then having that misinterpretation serve as the foundation for an argument is not a good look.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 125, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 122, chkflip wrote: The disparity between these two posts is atrocious. In the first you're applauding xRECKONERx as helpful town and in the second you're chastising Haschel for asking you a question you found to be unhelpful. What pings me here is simple: they both posted equally. RECK's post about the history of Sunny, though enlightening for the kids not following along in the appreciation thread, wasn't remotely alignment indicative. Yet you're seemingly taken aback by something you don't think will help engage you in a way that'll show your own alignment? Pardon my French, bud, but that doesn't make any fucking reasonable amount of sense to me.
I'm gonna just quote this instead of Haschel's question

Anyway, I think that what it looks like the most to me is using inconsistency as a stand-in for scumminess when in and of itself it is not. I assume that chkflip knows that inconsistency is a common tell for scum players who sometimes are forced to adopt the reads that serve their purposes rather than the ones that make sense and so they can end up flip-flopping in inexplicable ways. so it is an argument that has some of the shape and words of a normal one but upon examination doesn't have the content

regardless, my primary issue with chkflip was that he absolutely exploded on something so tiny as to be nonexistent, presumably because he figured others would fill in the gaps for him and/or would see it as *effortposting* and therefore assume it to be town
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 140, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 125, Untrod Tripod wrote:
I'm gonna just quote this instead of Haschel's question

Anyway, I think that what it looks like the most to me is using inconsistency as a stand-in for scumminess when in and of itself it is not. I assume that chkflip knows that inconsistency is a common tell for scum players who sometimes are forced to adopt the reads that serve their purposes rather than the ones that make sense and so they can end up flip-flopping in inexplicable ways. so it is an argument that has some of the shape and words of a normal one but upon examination doesn't have the content

regardless, my primary issue with chkflip was that he absolutely exploded on something so tiny as to be nonexistent, presumably because he figured others would fill in the gaps for him and/or would see it as *effortposting* and therefore assume it to be town
nvm ut is town disregard my metametaposting
green shirt thursdays
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE: VP Baltar
In post 134, VP Baltar wrote:I don't know what you mean that a vote on him is worthless at any stage of the game. You're saying we should never vote for him because he lurks and is bad in your opinion?
I don't mean never vote for him. He's more useful alive to link himself to partners than dead because he did something obvious.

My post has uncovered more townreads than I expected it to, so that's amazing. My vote has served it's purpose.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

Push, vote, you know what I mean.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 136, VP Baltar wrote:The argument would be that scum tend to be at a loss D1 for who they should target and chkflip decided to make a mountain out of a molehill from my posts because he thought more people were offended by them than really were.
The mountain out of a molehill part is accurate, but it had little to do with the room and more to do with the opportunity it presented. I've got at least four, maybe five, townreads out of my play. I've also gotten people to potentially recognize one another as town as well. That's incredibly useful given it's page 7 of D1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

Bah. Page 6. Don't @ me.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by tn5421 »

If one of you makes me a sunny-based avatar I'll use it until this game hits Game Over.
WIP
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@tn
In post 131, VP Baltar wrote:is there anyone in particular on the chkflip wagon you take issue with?
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 142, chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: VP Baltar
In post 134, VP Baltar wrote:I don't know what you mean that a vote on him is worthless at any stage of the game. You're saying we should never vote for him because he lurks and is bad in your opinion?
I don't mean never vote for him. He's more useful alive to link himself to partners than dead because he did something obvious.

My post has uncovered more townreads than I expected it to, so that's amazing. My vote has served it's purpose.
In post 144, chkflip wrote:
In post 136, VP Baltar wrote:The argument would be that scum tend to be at a loss D1 for who they should target and chkflip decided to make a mountain out of a molehill from my posts because he thought more people were offended by them than really were.
The mountain out of a molehill part is accurate, but it had little to do with the room and more to do with the opportunity it presented. I've got at least four, maybe five, townreads out of my play. I've also gotten people to potentially recognize one another as town as well. That's incredibly useful given it's page 7 of D1.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Ythan »

Flonk for UT I came this close to making that exact joke.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”