Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:You do realize that there's no way of knowing scum at all and even though your pact states not to trust anyone you'll be discussing with people who could be scum and have a chance to manipulate discussion.
Duh. That's an equally important part of the concept. :roll:

BM
I'm guessing you have no idea how bad of a concept that is :roll:
You clearly haven't heard of a little game called 'Mafia'. It's lots of fun, but the basic concept is, a few innocent people called 'townies' and a few guilty people called 'scumbags'. During the so-called 'Day Phase' these townies and scumbags must discuss TOGETHER in order to achieve their respective win conditions.

What you are arguing against, is us playing 'Mafia'. 'Scumbags' are always going to have the chance to manipulate discussion, but this way, the spotlight is on them, and we can force them to give opinions and make mistakes. We'll be watching them like hawks. Does that scare you? ;)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Korts wrote:If you do survive, though, I'll be the one to string you up, mark my words.
please explain?
If you're scum yourself, you obviously won't have so big a chance of dying, no?
oh, i see. Yeh, i guess. Won't happen though. If for some reason the scum dont get me, i'm vig-meat for sure! :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Untitled »

how many more confirms before I can vote for battle mage?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote:@Bm-

You've been nothing but close-minded in arguing against me. You state that the pact has a fool-proof method of finding scum and that you find my argument of scum hiding in the pact as trash. Instead of remarking how my argument is trash and how I'm wrong for arguing against the pact how about you look back and consider the possibilities of how scum would go into a pact like this.
You still aren't reading. Lol!
Seriously man... 0.o

Before you go off in a tizz, at least read what has been said. For the record, i HAVEN'T said your argument of scum hiding in the pact is trash (although it is). What i am really REALLY cross about, is that you stated the following:

A. Scum will hide in the pact.
B. The Pact is bad.

When clearly, the 2 points directly contradict each other.

Now, this really IS your last chance to explain yourself. Because the game hasn't started yet, and already you're letting me down, and getting me irate.

Seriously. FORGET ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS, and FORGET GETTING PISSY AT ME. I dont actually care atm, until we can move past this point! Then perhaps, i can answer your questions, and we can get somewhere. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Untitled wrote:how many more confirms before I can vote for battle mage?
reason?

I dunno about the confirms, but the game hasn't started, and i'm still catching up.... 0.o

I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:24 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Battle Mage wrote:But, what i don't see, is the view of Opposed Force and yourself, that people supporting the treaty are scum, and then him saying that the treaty is bad, when he is actually, by definition declaring that a
foolproof
(his words) method of scumhunting is a bad idea.
Bullshit.

Your trying to put words into my mouth. I never said that a foolproof (by the way you said that not me so that's even more bullshit saying that was me) scum hunting method was a bad idea. Your pact isn't even foolproof and thinking that is idiotic. There is no way in hell that there is a foolproof method of finding scum in a game variant like this especially since your pact method has so many holes in it. Your whole argument is stating that your method is foolproof and you don't see any flaws which is even more bullshit on your argument. Don't call my argument trash when you misunderstand and put words into my mouth.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:24 am

Post by Korts »

Battle Mage wrote:
reason?
jumpy?
BM wrote: I dunno about the confirms, but the game hasn't started, and i'm still catching up.... 0.o

BM
Pure torture. It's like a dozen BMs and armlxes. Walls of text ftw
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
reason?
jumpy?
What response would you have expected? Or considered protown?
Korts wrote:
BM wrote: I dunno about the confirms, but the game hasn't started, and i'm still catching up.... 0.o

BM
Pure torture. It's like a dozen BMs and armlxes. Walls of text ftw
Did you know Armlx was in this game? Nope, me neither. :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:But, what i don't see, is the view of Opposed Force and yourself, that people supporting the treaty are scum, and then him saying that the treaty is bad, when he is actually, by definition declaring that a
foolproof
Bullshit.

Your trying to put words into my mouth. I never said that a foolproof (by the way you said that not me so that's even more bullshit saying that was me) scum hunting method was a bad idea. Your pact isn't even foolproof and thinking that is idiotic. There is no way in hell that there is a foolproof method of finding scum in a game variant like this especially since your pact method has so many holes in it. Your whole argument is stating that your method is foolproof and you don't see any flaws which is even more bullshit on your argument. Don't call my argument trash when you misunderstand and put words into my mouth.
LOL! :D

Read post 128. And ftr, it was you who said the pact was a foolproof method of scumhunting. In my opinion it isn't. But, we aren't talking about me. I'm trying to help you learn something today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Untitled »

Battle Mage wrote:
reason?

I dunno about the confirms, but the game hasn't started, and i'm still catching up.... 0.o

BM
in short, you're an annoying distraction and you're going to get in the town's way if you keep up with this crap.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Korts »

Battle Mage wrote: What response would you have expected? Or considered protown?
Any response would have evoked the same question, I just have the urge to throw shit at you >_>
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote: Also like earthworm said the scum in the pact will defend a scumbuddy and try to keep him out of suspicion by misleading the whole pact.
Actually, that's the
exact polar opposite
of what Earthworm said. Literally. Word for word. ROFL.
OpposedForce wrote:Also I don't understand the premise of the pact. Won't you be exluding the rest of the town or vote all together when you decide on a lynch? If that's the case then scum is on safe grounds to advocate a lynch.
I don't understand the question. :?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Korts »

BM, one thing I don't want you doing is being condescending. OpposedForce is making pretty good arguments in my irrelevant opinion, and all you have to do is point out the plotholes, you don't have to add how gullible/stoopid/foolish he is etc.

Untitled, what would you rather be doing, other than discussing? BM is contributing, contrary to appearances when skimming. Read the arguments thoroughly, and you'll have a better view.
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Untitled wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
reason?

BM
in short, you're an annoying distraction and you're going to get in the town's way if you keep up with this crap.
Distraction? from what? Other games? roflmao. I'm actually in tears of laughter here. :D
In case you hadn't noticed, we are still in the pre-game stage. But, if you can explain what you mean by 'annoying' and 'this crap', that'll help you, and me, alot.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Battle Mage wrote:

You've been nothing but close-minded in arguing against me. You state that the pact has a fool-proof method of finding scum and that you find my argument of scum hiding in the pact as trash. Instead of remarking how my argument is trash and how I'm wrong for arguing against the pact how about you look back and consider the possibilities of how scum would go into a pact like this.
Seriously man... 0.o

Before you go off in a tizz, at least read what has been said. For the record, i HAVEN'T said your argument of scum hiding in the pact is trash (although it is). What i am really REALLY cross about, is that you stated the following:

B. The Pact is bad.

Now, this really IS your last chance to explain yourself. Because the game hasn't started yet, and already you're letting me down, and getting me irate.

Seriously. FORGET ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS, and FORGET GETTING PISSY AT ME. I dont actually care atm, until we can move past this point! Then perhaps, i can answer your questions, and we can get somewhere. :roll:

BM
Wow. Just wow.

Let me see where I can start off. Firstly you have stated that my argument is trash because your too close-minded on your pact method. Secondly how are the two points A.Scum will hide in the pact B. The pact is bad contradict themselves? They fit the whole argument because
scum hiding in the pact is bad.
Looks like your the one that need to read.<sarcasm> Oh by the way thanks for commenting what I had to say about you <sarcasm>(close-minded, faulty argument) Looks like I wasted my time even bothering to put some sense into you by trying to make you look into a different perspective but I guess that wouldn't work.

I've already explained myself numerous of times and unforunately you keep thinking faulty points such as your method is foolproof and that me arguing against you is trash even though I've expressed enough points to prove my argument. I don't even think there's a point in contiuning this if your going to be so close-minded.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:BM, one thing I don't want you doing is being condescending. OpposedForce is making pretty good arguments in my irrelevant opinion, and all you have to do is point out the plotholes, you don't have to add how gullible/stoopid/foolish he is etc.
That's wonderful. No, really. I'm dancing on rainbows for you. [/sarcasm]

I've asked him a question. I'm not even going to go into any further discussion with him, until we can move past that. Because, when he has a grip on what is actually being said, most of what he is saying won't be applicable.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: What response would you have expected? Or considered protown?
Any response would have evoked the same question, I just have the urge to throw shit at you >_>
I figured as much. :D

And THIS is why i won't survive to Day 2.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:39 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Battle Mage wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
foolproof
Bullshit.

Read post 128. And ftr, it was you who said the pact was a foolproof method of scumhunting. In my opinion it isn't. But, we aren't talking about me. I'm trying to help you learn something today.

BM
*slams own head repeatly on wall"

In post 128 I STATED YOU HAD SAID THAT IT WAS FOOLPROOF. IT'S EVEN IN POST 106 OF YOUR POST. READ THE THREAD.
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Untitled »

Battle Mage wrote:
Untitled wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
reason?

BM
Distraction? from what? Other games? roflmao. I'm actually in tears of laughter here. :D
In case you hadn't noticed, we are still in the pre-game stage. But, if you can explain what you mean by 'annoying' and 'this crap', that'll help you, and me, alot.

BM
exactly, we're still in pre-game and you've already managed to start an argument with several people over something that's pretty much useless for determining alignment. that and the fact that you apparently think it's hilarious to get people riled over nothing. unless you change your behaviour once the game starts, I can't see you being anything other than a detriment to our scumhunting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Seriously man... 0.o

B. The Pact is bad.

BM
Wow. Just wow.

Let me see where I can start off. Firstly you have stated that my argument is trash because your too close-minded on your pact method. Secondly how are the two points A.Scum will hide in the pact B. The pact is bad contradict themselves? They fit the whole argument because
GOOD. AT LONG LAST YOU ARE ACTUALLY COMMENTING ON SOMETHING RELEVANT. :roll: :)

Let me explain 1 more time, because i'm happy we are finally getting somewhere. You originally stated that all scum would flock to the pact because it offers them sanctity. Or, it appears to. The fact is, it DOESN'T. But that's besides the point. In stating that the pact would be a Scum-Magnet, you emphasise that in fact, the pact DOES help find scum, because in YOUR opinion, people joining the pact are very likely scum, or at least, scummy. This is what i mean by you stating that the pact is a foolproof scumhunting method, because in YOUR opinion, NOT MINE, there is a discernibly scummy reaction, and a discernibly protown reaction.

Guess what, kiddo? If we can differentiate between scum and town within the first few pages of the game, we've won. Now, can you really tell me that a pact which seals us the game is 'bad for the town'? :D

BM

*btw, nice sarcasm tags. I wouldve responded to the rest of your post, but as i said to Korts, there isn't alot of point. I'm not babysitting for free. I honestly feel like i'm talking to somebody who has read the mafia wiki, and thinks that they know everything, but is missing 1 relatively important aspect of Mafia. Reading. xD
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OpposedForce wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
foolproof
Bullshit.

BM
*slams own head repeatly on wall"

In post 128 I STATED YOU HAD SAID THAT IT WAS FOOLPROOF. IT'S EVEN IN POST 106 OF YOUR POST. READ THE THREAD.
I hope that knocks some sense into you...

Now, would you care to read my latest post? :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Untitled wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Untitled wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
reason?

BM

BM
exactly, we're still in pre-game and you've already managed to start an argument with several people over something that's pretty much useless for determining alignment. that and the fact that you apparently think it's hilarious to get people riled over nothing. unless you change your behaviour once the game starts, I can't see you being anything other than a detriment to our scumhunting.
I beg to differ. Certainly my good buddy Opposed Force seems to think so. And i believe the same is true of Earthworm, though he may feel free to correct me here. I think gauging reactions to something like this could potentially be very helpful. But, as with everything, you gotta try it first. If you don't like confrontation, and arguments make you nervous, Mafia probably isn't the game for you. I dont think this is the case though, given that you are keen to contribute to the argument yourself. So what exactly is your qualm with me?
You've gotta have a sense of humour with this game. If it's a choice between having a chuckle, or punching the monitor, which do you think is more mature?

But of course, i'm sorry i've been such a detriment to scumhunting so far, what with my minimal contributions, and *shudder* SENSE OF HUMOUR. :D

Why don't you, erm, gimme a shout when you've nailed the entirety of the scum, single-handedly? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Battle Mage wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Seriously man... 0.o

B. The Pact is bad.

BM
Wow. Just wow.

GOOD. AT LONG LAST YOU ARE ACTUALLY COMMENTING ON SOMETHING RELEVANT. :roll: :)

Let me explain 1 more time, because i'm happy we are finally getting somewhere. You originally stated that all scum would flock to the pact because it offers them sanctity. Or, it appears to. The fact is, it DOESN'T. But that's besides the point. In stating that the pact would be a Scum-Magnet, you emphasise that in fact, the pact DOES help find scum, because in YOUR opinion, people joining the pact are very likely scum, or at least, scummy. This is what i mean by you stating that the pact is a foolproof scumhunting method, because in YOUR opinion, NOT MINE, there is a discernibly scummy reaction, and a discernibly protown reaction.

Guess what, kiddo? If we can differentiate between scum and town within the first few pages of the game, we've won. Now, can you really tell me that a pact which seals us the game is 'bad for the town'? :D

BM

*btw, nice sarcasm tags. I wouldve responded to the rest of your post, but as i said to Korts, there isn't alot of point. I'm not babysitting for free. I honestly feel like i'm talking to somebody who has read the mafia wiki, and thinks that they know everything, but is missing 1 relatively important aspect of Mafia. Reading. xD
And this is where it all falls down on itself BM. Please for once listen because I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again. You believe that the method is foolproof hell you even said that. You are thinking that scum won't come into the pact which is where your argument falls down on itself because your not considering on any flaws in the pact. And no I don't find everybody joining the pact scummy. Yes I did Finger of Suspicion anybody going into the pact because people where just going in not thinking about the flaws so I at least wanted some discussion before considering going into the pact blindly believing that it's a good scum catching method. I've already stated why the pact is bad and if you bothered to read back on my posts maybe you'll learn something.

And no I don't know everything about mafia but I know your argument against me is one sided and close-minded :)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Korts »

OF, let me explain it without the unnecessary BS.

Scum will try to hide in the Pact. Therefore the Pact isn't a bad tool for scumhunting, since the scum will try to be inside. QED the points that A) scum will hide in the Pact and B) the Pact is detrimental to scumhunting are contradictory.
scumchat never die
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Cass »

Heya. Not much to add to the whole pact-thing. Except it's getting a bit ridiculous how upset people get over it...

Off-topic, the usernames in this game amuse me:
- The Griffin is done talking to the Earthworm
- Battle mage is fighting... Opposed Force!

:lol:
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”