Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:43 am

Post by remussaidow »

see my point now?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 am

Post by iamausername »

Ya, totally. I'm thinking remus is the best target for the investigation-lynch, since the other two are so sure he's scum, even if I think they're wrong.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

iamausername wrote:Wait, I should pay more attention. Rule 22! Woah, that seems too good to be true.
Rule 22 DOES seem pretty good. :D So, if we lynch someone today, we either win (25% chance) or get a confirmed innocent (75% chance). We're then in a position where we have a 33% chance of getting the scum, with the added benefit that because there are four of us, there's no chance for the scum to quickhammer. In other words, two people have to vote for the wrong person rather than just one. Which is a good thing.

So... do we mass claim before or after we lynch/investigate?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:So... do we mass claim before or after we lynch/investigate?
I vote after. It probably won't make a massive difference, though.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Battousai »

I say massclaim before, and the order of the claims should be decided FIRST by everyone making a list like this:

1 Rem
2 Cavebear
3 Iam
4 Batt
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:33 am

Post by iamausername »

1. Cavebear
2. remus
3. Battousai
4. iamausername

would be my preferred order, I guess. Although didn't remus claim already?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:33 am

Post by remussaidow »

well, umm... I already claimed. AND I think that I should be the lynch for the day. The investigation will clear me as town, but scum can't NK me, I'll just get replaced.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

at least, I'm ALMOST positive that that's what will happen.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"This is the hour of second reckoning."

Rule 22's text failed to make clear an important part of its functionality, so it has been updated. - Tar

The Sixtieth Vote Count (aka the "Blind Seer" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (4) - Battousai, remussaidow, Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername

Votes required to lynch: 3

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 29, 2008.
First Mod Deadline Review:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 22, 2008.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:59 am

One way I like for deciding order for mass claims is to simply let the person who claims decide who claims next. I'd prefer iamausername to go first.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by remussaidow »

cavebear, are you considering that I've already claimed in your system? THough, frankly, I too would like to hear iam's next.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by iamausername »

Whatever, I don't really care what order the claims go in, because I'm pretty sure we've got this in the bag.

I am Quantum Physics. I have two abilities, the first I explained earlier (learning two random rules), the second is basically a Bus Driver ability. I can only use one of these abilities each night. The flavour reason for why I have these abilities is based on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Anyway, the important point is that last night, I guessed that Battousai would be the most likely NK, and switched him with Nocmen, who I thought was most likely scum. Since Nocmen turned up dead, Batt must have been targeted for the NK, which makes him 100% confirmed town from where I'm sitting. So, add that to the investigation lynch we get, and I at least will know for certain who the last scum is.

Cavebear, I choose you! Claim plz.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Iam, could noc have been killed outright on the scum's own volition? or would he have been switched and batt been killed instead?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, my switch goes both ways, so if scum tried to kill Nocmen, Batt would've died.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Battousai »

I wondered why I woke up in a different house this morning. I just thought I got lucky...
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"What are these shout outs you speak of?"

The Sixty-First Vote Count (aka the "Facepalm" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (4) - Battousai, remussaidow, Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername

Votes required to lynch: 3

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 29, 2008.
First Mod Deadline Review:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 22, 2008.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by remussaidow »

while we await cavebear,

Batt, what do you think of the current plan?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:11 am

Ok, I've given this some thought, and we're in a very good position, albeit with a small chance of screwing it up. It's pretty much confirmed at this point that iamausername is a busdriver (with Battousai waking up in the wrong bed), so Battousai is confirmed innocent regardless of his claim (or rather, there's no scenario I can think of where Battousai is scum and iamausername isn't. Also not counting some very weird scenario where he would in fact try to kill himself as scum).

I'm Deep Thought. AFAIK there's no normal name for my role, so I'll just describe it: Each night, I get to send in a list of names (half the players remaining in the game, rounded down). I can consider the scum factor, and if it's significantly high (ie if there are two or more scum in the list), I become aware of this.

So night one I just sent in the top half of the players (Yosarian2, Jenter Brolincani, Musher333/Grimmy, iamausername & remussaidow). This DID trigger the alarm, meaning two or more of them were scum. Jenter apparently killed himself, and Yos2 looked pretty much confirmed, so one or two of Grimmy, iam and remus were certain to be scum.

Night two I checked Yos2 (confirmed-ish innocent), Grimmy (possibly scum) and the three unknowns that seemed scummiest to me: MafiaSSK, Nocmen & Jex. This didn't compute (ie didn't trigger the scum alert), which (when mssk got himself killed) meant that Grimmy was innocent (along with Nocmen & Jex). There's room for some confusion as for when exactly mssk turned scum, but I figured it was probably early enough for him to count as scum. FWIW, this is why I didn't want to lynch Grimmy.

Night three wasn't very interesting; If I'd find two scum, we'd all pretty much be dead. Anyway, I checked remus and iamausername, with no result, meaning they're at least not both scum.

In any case, day one is what's important. iamausername or remussaidow has to be scum, since all the others I checked that day are dead or gone.

Battousai, who are you?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 am

Post by remussaidow »

cavebear, I think I disagree with your first statement. Iam is NOT a confirmed bus driver. However, bat is a confirmed townie, in my eyes. (unless he somehow not only knew that there was a busdriver, but also that he would be the target, in which case hats off to him and good game, 'cause I don't think its possible, plausible, or even remotely likely).

That being said, I have to think that either you or Iam are scum, with me leaning towards Iam (still). The only kink in this idea is that Batt woke up in the wrong bed, though was that public information, or did batt say it? 'Cause I can't find where that was first mentioned today.
Conversely, cavebear, the role you claim is very detailed, and thus I find it hard to believe that you just made it up, though I am open to the possibility, for now.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Battousai »

We should lynch cavebear first to figure out if he's lieing or not. If he is then he's the last scum. If he's not, then his role has basically told us that rem or Iam is. So by lynch/investigating cavebear will narrow it down to only 2 players from my POV. I'm cleared to you all through cavebear's claim. But from my POV, any one of you could be scum. Also, another reason to lynch/investigate cavebear is because we will only get a role so all of us could be telling the truth and we could learn nothing from anyone else's lynch.

Vote: Cavebear
even if scum want this they would have to convince another townie as well (safe vote).

I'm Alice from Alice in Wonderland, a vanilla townie. My only ability was being told that the mod was a player. I feel bad now, cause I think I am the only player who does not have an ability :(
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:03 am

Post by iamausername »

I'm fine with either Cavebear or remus, since it has to be one of them, and finding the alignment of one would tell me which, one way or the other. So yeah,
Vote: Cavebear
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

sounds good,
vote: cavebear

umm, this just clicked, but the mod IS still a player, batt?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:38 am

Umm. Just to point this out; at this point, both me and iam have basically "confirmed" battousai, meaning all the rest of us are essentially convinced that one of the others are guilty. Battousai; If you think I'm one of the two most likely to be guilty, you should check me, but from your PoV it makes no difference who to lynch; one person is confirmed which leaves two people.

From MY PoV, I'd rather lynch anyone but me (and not Battousai) so we can be sure to win today instead of just have a 50% chance of doing so. Remus at this point "knows" me or iamausername is scum (since both me and iam have proclaimed batt is confirmed); iam "knows" that me or remus is scum; I know that iam or remus is scum.

Investigating me doesn't provide any more info than anyone else.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Battousai »

I don't know, it was in the original role pm. I'm just guessing it refered to Korts.

Cavebear, if we lynch/investigate remscum/iamscum we will get their role and not their alignment. Chances are scum do have special abilities as well and they could have told us the truth about their role, just not their win condition. If we go with you, your role CAN'T be a scum role so if you lied we caught you and if you didn't it confirms rem/iam as possible scum.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:26 am

Battousai wrote:I don't know, it was in the original role pm. I'm just guessing it refered to Korts.

Cavebear, if we lynch/investigate remscum/iamscum we will get their role and not their alignment. Chances are scum do have special abilities as well and they could have told us the truth about their role, just not their win condition. If we go with you, your role CAN'T be a scum role so if you lied we caught you and if you didn't it confirms rem/iam as possible scum.
What? Rule 22 pretty clearly states we get alignment, not role.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”