Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, the cool guy obstinacy game is fun and all, but you could just be direct and say yes or no whether you saw the speed wagon yesterday...even if you think it is Haschel's fault
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Ythan »

I didn't and don't give a single fuck about the speed of the wagon before the hammer. Does that work for you?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That's an answer at least. Really don't get the chip on the shoulder about it
YOUR AD HERE

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Ythan »

I'm in a bad mood I apologize.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:47 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

VC 2.2 (9/21/2020)

xRECKONERx [X-6]

AGar [X-6]

VP Baltar [X-6]

Gamma Emerald [X-6]

Haschel Cedricson [X-5]
tn5421
brighteningskies [X-6]

Noraa [X-5]
Gamma Emerald
Untrod Tripod [X-6]

DoctorPepper [X-4]
AGar, Ythan
tn5421 [X-6]

Ythan [X-6]

Not Voting [7]
xRECKONERx, VP Baltar, Haschel Cedricson, brighteningskies, Noraa, Untrod Tripod, DoctorPepper

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to vote a player out.

Deadline is on Saturday, October 3, at 11am EDT, in (expired on 2020-10-03 11:00:00).

DoctorPepper is on V/LA through Friday.

Just a reminder to please not discuss replacing out in the game thread. As always, if you have a concern, please reach out to me directly.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey UT, should we yeet on or off the chkflip wagon today?
YOUR AD HERE

tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am

Post by tn5421 »

i don't know about you but im interested in yeeting my scumread.

if you can convince me someone else is prob scum im all for it

but i don't think there's any way town!haschel hammers town like he did and then has such a weak explanation
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am

Post by tn5421 »

that's some shit i'd expect from someone with a 2020 join date
WIP
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 am

Post by tn5421 »

I know it's probably wrong of me but i townread brighteningskies for making people sunny avatars
WIP
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 433, tn5421 wrote:I know it's probably wrong of me but i townread brighteningskies for making people sunny avatars
I'm a baby in game age compared to you and I think that's a bad reason for a TR. It does mean she's nice tho:D
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 434, Noraa wrote:
In post 433, tn5421 wrote:I know it's probably wrong of me but i townread brighteningskies for making people sunny avatars
I'm a baby in game age compared to you and I think that's a bad reason for a TR. It does mean she's nice tho:D
Skies' pronoun is they, not she.

Agree it is NAI though
YOUR AD HERE

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 435, VP Baltar wrote:

Agree it is NAI though
AHHHH GOD DAMNIT
apologies again sky.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 am

Post by AGar »

In post 408, Gamma Emerald wrote: I really appreciate the responses you gave me
I think you might’ve been sarcastic about the “fun exchange” but I think it was actually a good one.
Though, I do still think the thought about not expecting people to suddenly hammer applies to most if not all the people here. So trying to say “well you also have to hold the other voters responsible” isn’t really valid, as they can’t really be prepared for someone coming in like that. It’s why you announce hammer most of the time, so anyone can pull back if they feel like it. So no, I think culpability for that hammer lies solely with Haschel.
In a rare moment, I wasn't being snide! Anyways, I do realize that Haschel is responsible for the hammer, but to say that he is the sole person responsible for the speed of the yeet is simply incorrect because he was just 1 key in the cog. Also announcing hammers is dumb and doesn't do much imo. Once you vote on a wagon or a wagon passes a certain crescendo, you should be cognizant of a potential for a yeet, and thereby, if you're uncomfortable about said yeet, even if you just think it's a little too soon!, you should unvote.

@VPB
Are you intimating you think it was 2 on/1 off the chk wagon yesterday or am I misreading what you're putting down?
Last edited by D3f3nd3r on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 am

Post by AGar »

Oh fuck me and BBcode.

Fixed code in above post -D3f
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 437, AGar wrote:Are you intimating you think it was 2 on/1 off the chk wagon yesterday or am I misreading what you're putting down?
I honestly don't know. It seems unlikely, but maybe I'm just salty because had I checked the game at work I do think I would have unvoted at Y-1 just to slow that down a bit.

I sort of have this working theory that scum tend to be more present and checking games more often due to the nature of risk they face, but that doesn't mean they post when they check a game (at least that is majorly how I play as scum). I wouldn't expect 2/3 of the scum to be in the lurking crowd, but now that I've said this aloud it literally meas nothing, so....
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean statistically speaking, from my perspective, we have better odds yeeting on the wagon, but that still feels like a big risk considering I just played two games as scum where the D1 wagons were almost entirely town and it caused confusion deep into the game. That's anecdotal of course, but definitely the source of my jitters.
YOUR AD HERE

brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 am

Post by brighteningskies »

In post 436, Noraa wrote:
In post 435, VP Baltar wrote:

Agree it is NAI though
AHHHH GOD DAMNIT
apologies again sky.

hahaha thanks for calling me nice though :D
It's ok if you forget I appreciate any attempts to remember though

I would be inclined to vote Haschel but he hasn't posted for little bit and I don't want to start any wagons in his absence. I get the vibe that we're all a little more cautious after a townie elim.

Also VP not sure about the being more present thing, I reckon I'm probably equally as vocal/present when scum as when not. It would probably depend on the person whether that's true or not.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Noraa »

Im trying sorry I'm dumbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Noraa »

And also about the 2 scum on wagon and 1 scum off or 1 scum on and 2 scum off, I think on and off wagon doesn't really mean much tbh. Like yes obviously the scums want as many mislims as possible, but I think whether or not they r on has a lot of different factors play in so it isn't a good deciding factor. Now generally I would say it definitely has at least one scum on it but I think we should be choosing todays lim based on SRs and not let the wagon change our reads a ton.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 443, Noraa wrote:And also about the 2 scum on wagon and 1 scum off or 1 scum on and 2 scum off, I think on and off wagon doesn't really mean much tbh. Like yes obviously the scums want as many mislims as possible, but I think whether or not they r on has a lot of different factors play in so it isn't a good deciding factor. Now generally I would say it definitely has at least one scum on it but I think we should be choosing todays lim based on SRs and not let the wagon change our reads a ton.
k but u rong doe

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 444, AGar wrote:
In post 443, Noraa wrote:And also about the 2 scum on wagon and 1 scum off or 1 scum on and 2 scum off, I think on and off wagon doesn't really mean much tbh. Like yes obviously the scums want as many mislims as possible, but I think whether or not they r on has a lot of different factors play in so it isn't a good deciding factor. Now generally I would say it definitely has at least one scum on it but I think we should be choosing todays lim based on SRs and not let the wagon change our reads a ton.
k but u rong doe
:cry: okee den...
but why? can I hear an explanation?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 292, Ythan wrote:
In post 290, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 284, Ythan wrote:Persistently and consistently mischaracterizing yesterday imo. My answer may be colored because i just read through mostly interactions involving him before catching up to your post I responded to but I feel pretty confident about it still looking back. He isn't near a hammer is he I'm gonna park my vote there I think.
Fascinating. Tell me more.
If you got questions you gotta ask them. I'm not answering to "more".
My question is "Do you have any original thoughts about tn that aren't just repeating back the opinions I already gave?"
In post 348, brighteningskies wrote:Just looked at Haschel's ISO.. so much saying "this is bad" without actually saying why anything is bad, many questions on other people to get them to simply elaborate without actually asking real questions.
Haschel would you please elaborate on why you thought ckflip was scum?
In post 156, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Try again.

If you're gonna use "I was just trying to get reads!" as an excuse, then you better be able to prove you got some reads.
For example: why is this not valid? Surely a town player could also mess up trying to get reads in a particular way and failing?
A town player could mess up trying to get reads and fail. Chkflip didn't fail, though; he specifically said he'd gotten four or five reads out of the deal and then refused to share.
In post 367, brighteningskies wrote:No I get you're scumhunting but it feels a bit like scumhunting in a way where nothing is shared with town. What opinions do you actually have on players because if you're getting reads from your scumhunting, you ain't sharing them yet apparently?
1) I'll share them once they're formed; not every road leads somewhere useful.
2) I already have shared several. But right now I townread Agar and VP Baltar, maybe UT. I scumread Ythan and tn. I'm not thrilled with you, Noraa, or Gamma. No opinions on everyone else yet.

Speaking of Gamma...
In post 396, Gamma Emerald wrote: Just because I’m not going full Sherlock Holmes doesn’t mean I’m not contributing, and even if I wasn’t actively solving at all, just posting still counts as content.
That's technically true, if only because when the only scumhunting from you that made an impression on my catch-up was your bad nightkill analysis and the hydra theory then the lack of other stuff is content in and of itself.
In post 415, VP Baltar wrote:I think I need to start limiting the elim pool for my own sanity here. I'm not getting super strong reads so far, and sorting newer player behavior from scuminess is not my specialty.

Feeling fairly town enough on Gamma, skies, Reck and UT that I wouldn't want to yeet them today.

It's a real toss up for me between Haschel and Ythan for who was worse on the chkflip elim. Ythan seems a little more probing today, but still pretty useless in actually pushing the game forward. Haschel has better content, but that hammer explanation was a dog turd. The problem here is a real lack of information to sort due to speed and Ythan's lack of posting. I need to double check myself here, but I believe Ythan was on site and posting on the day of the hammer...but I think when I checked this before it didn't feel very conclusive as to whether he was present enough to unvote. Haschel...I'm super mad at you if you are town.

Off wagon of Dr. P, Agar, tn, noraa is a toss up too. TN maybe feels the most town of that group? I need to do some ISOing of people in that group today and better refine my sentiments.
You don't have to like my hammer but I stand by it. The only thing I regret was that he was town playing poorly and not scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 446, Haschel Cedricson wrote:My question is "Do you have any original thoughts about tn that aren't just repeating back the opinions I already gave?"
Oh since you put it that way
Spoiler:
nah
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

As in nah I'm not responding to that.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ythan, you think Haschel is scum?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”