nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by nhat »

I'm gonna have to go back through the pregame, but from what I recall, there were a few people who were already soft-claiming, so I'll have to look again to see who exactly was doing it.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by nhat »

Eh, just one soft claim
in post 143 Untitled wrote: exactly, we're still in pre-game and you've already managed to start an argument with several people over something that's pretty much useless for determining alignment. that and the fact that you apparently think it's hilarious to get people riled over nothing. unless you change your behaviour once the game starts, I can't see you being anything other than a detriment
to our scumhunting
vote - Untitled
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by armlx »

I don't get what you are saying there nhat. Mind elaborating, or is it just a simple attack on a "slip" where he says our as in he is part of a mafia group, which is also perfectly valid to say if our refers to the town?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Untitled »

to put it another way: on which planet is that considered a softclaim?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm P sure he's confusing "slip" with "soft claim", or using it under the technicality of a mafia soft claim being a slip.
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Untitled »

ok, but how could "our" be taken to mean anything but "the town's" in that context?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by armlx »

Thats my question.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Cass »

Nhat - what? That makes no sense whatsoever.
FoS Nhat

StrangerCoug wrote:I think Untitled has done a good job defending his actions for the most part. I am more suspicious of Battle Mage and his pact. First off, I want to say the pact is a null tell, but it's more accurate to say it's misleading to vote people based on who is and is not in the pact. The pact simply won't work, as it's too easy to infiltrate.
Also, 73 posts in the pre-game and not a lot of substance to go with it, either. Mafia is largely a game of quality, not quantity.
Vote: Battle Mage

That deserves a

Vote: StrangerCoug

For hypocrisy and badly stretched 'logic'.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by nhat »

I mean he's soft-claiming town by including himself in the group who scumhunts. He's labeling himself town, but subtly. I can live with an all out townie claim, even a clever or humorous one. But one under the radar like this rubs me the wrong way.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I find the way to catch up on smallish numbers of pages is to do a stream-of consciousness post to single out posts that I find interesting rather than to try and gin up some xbox hueg paragraphs on events (I don't do walls of text very well more often than not).

**START**
  • Post 25 - I don't like the concept of small groups-within-groups. Not sure whether to count this as scummy or not, but BM hasn't made a very good first impression.
  • Post 44 - BM looks pretty serious about this thing. Not making him look any more pro-town to me.
  • Post 73 - Excellent dissection of why the pact was (is?) a Bad Idea.
  • Post 80 - Peter defending the pact... he makes some decent points in theory but I heavily doubt their relevance in practice.
  • Post 88 - I don't like how Netlava tries to punish discussion of the pact with a round after having spent the initial part of his post doing just that.
    FOS: Netlava

• Post 93 - More discussion of the pact. Really not liking Netlava at this point.
  • Post 95 - Disagree with pretty much everything about the pact, agree with the last paragraph critiquing Netlava.
  • Post 101 - Go back to bed, nhat. :roll:
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh god, I accidentally hit submit instead of preview.

I will post the complete version when it's done. :(
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by nhat »

[*]Post 101 - Go back to bed, nhat. :roll:

I will post the complete version when it's done. Sad
Fission Mailed.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

nhat wrote:

Fission Mailed.
Cram it.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by nhat »

Cyberbob wrote:
nhat wrote:

Fission Mailed.
Cram it.
LMAO, I haven't seen that expression in a dog's age. I'm so used to to the netizens saying "drink bleach," "die now," and the like.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I find the way to catch up on smallish numbers of pages is to do a stream-of consciousness post to single out posts that I find interesting rather than to try and gin up some xbox hueg paragraphs on events (I don't do walls of text very well more often than not).

**START**
  • Post 25 - I don't like the concept of small groups-within-groups. Not sure whether to count this as scummy or not, but BM hasn't made a very good first impression.
  • Post 44 - BM looks pretty serious about this thing. Not making him look any more pro-town to me.
  • Post 73 - Excellent dissection of why the pact was (is?) a Bad Idea.
  • Post 80 - Peter defending the pact... he makes some decent points in theory but I heavily doubt their relevance in practice.
  • Post 88 - I don't like how Netlava tries to punish discussion of the pact with a round after having spent the initial part of his post doing just that.
    FOS: Netlava

• Post 93 - More discussion of the pact. Really not liking Netlava at this point.
  • Post 95 - Disagree with pretty much everything about the pact, agree with the last paragraph critiquing Netlava.
  • Post 101 - Go back to bed, nhat. :roll:
  • The exchange between OpposingForce and BM sort of lead me to understand what BM is trying to achieve... but I don't think it will do anything other than create an additional layer of confusion and WIFOM.
  • Post 137 - This speaks of townishness to me. Can't say for sure why.
  • I wish OpposingForce would calm down, but BM isn't making it particularly easy with his condescension.
  • Page 7 is essentially a repeat of Page 6 with a little additional accusing of Untitled thrown in. Personally I don't really see anything in it. Also, seriously wishing a wider variety of people would post.
  • Post 179 - Sums up my position on BM excellently. Not sure about Untitled's "tell", though - BM threatened him with a vote for much less.
  • Post 198 - This feels a little jumpy to me.
  • I'd like to register my joy at seeing the pact abandoned.
  • Post 209 - Ew. Ew, ew, ew. I
    hate
    this kind of ploy.
  • Rest of Page 9 involves some random skirimshing - which would not have been complete without a little more trolling from nhat. Seriously, Kool-Aid addict much?
  • Post 235 - Quoted (well, linked actually) for Ultimate Truth. Especially the part about BM's asinine posting habits.
  • Post 254 - Owned.
    FOS: StrangerCoug
**FIN**

Well, looking over all that as well as a quick skim to get a more general overview of the game so far I'd say Netlava is most deserving of my vote at the moment - the play I FOS'd him for in my PBP combined with his subsequent lack of content despite a fairly substantially-sized chunk of discussion having occurred in between his posts don't make for a very pro-town appearance.

Vote: Netlava
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Korts »

nhat wrote:I mean he's soft-claiming town by including himself in the group who scumhunts. He's labeling himself town, but subtly. I can live with an all out townie claim, even a clever or humorous one. But one under the radar like this rubs me the wrong way.
Isn't the assumption that everyone is claiming a pro-town role of sorts? If so, why is this considered a softclaim as opposed to going along with that assumption?
scumchat never die
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by nhat »

You're answer is in my quote that you posted.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Post by nhat »

ebwop:
Your
answer is in my quote that you posted.
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Untitled »

nhat wrote:I mean he's soft-claiming town by including himself in the group who scumhunts. He's labeling himself town, but subtly. I can live with an all out townie claim, even a clever or humorous one. But one under the radar like this rubs me the wrong way.
that's just dumb. your theory is that a townie should only ever refer to the town as an abstract concept? I'm sure I could find a
lot
of examples of townies using the words "us" and "our" in reference to the town if you really want me to look.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by Cass »

Nhat: so, if I'd say "
We
should lynch Untitled." I'm scummy? Or what's the difference?
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:17 am

Post by nhat »

Cass wrote:Nhat: so, if I'd say "
We
should lynch Untitled." I'm scummy? Or what's the difference?
The difference being scum are willing to participate in lynches, but scumhunting is the job of townies. Like I said, I don't like it because it's so subtle, that's my preference. Your mileage may vary.

Also, because players use "our" and "us", I guess I'd have to chalk that one up to Too Townie.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 am

Post by nhat »

Untitled wrote:
that's just dumb. your theory is that a townie should only ever refer to the town as an abstract concept? I'm sure I could find a
lot
of examples of townies using the words "us" and "our" in reference to the town if you really want me to look.
In this game, yes, please show me some examples. From what I saw, yours was the only one, and that's why it stood out to me.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Cyberbob »

nhat wrote:Too Townie.
what
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Untitled »

bottom line: is it a scumtell or not? the number of people that did it in this game is irrelevant.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 am

Post by OpposedForce »

cerebus3 wrote:Things I am not sure I should just laugh at or should note for later:
Peter wrote: So, nhat, are you planning to actually provide content after the game starts, or is every post going to be like this? Your other post was also just a pointless jab at BM's teaty.
Things that I will vote for:
untitled wrote: in short, you're an annoying distraction and you're going to get in the town's way if you keep up with this crap.
OpposedForce wrote:
scum hiding in the pact is bad.
I only really read this because it was bold. It would be blatantly obvious if anyone tried to divest themselves of responsibility because of the pact. (in fact, I would go so far as to postulate that the people
not
in on the pack are the ones who should be watched for hiding. Anyone outside of the pact that tries to blindly follow it should be scrutinized.)

Erm... I got to about post 150 before I was buried under all of the big posts, but from what I have read the award for scummiest pre-game shenanigans goes to.... Untitled! Is this old news for the people who are actually keeping up?
cerebus3 wrote:
Korts wrote:I smell broken logic.
It is really quite pungent isn't it?

vote: Untitled

Admittedly, I should go back and finish reading the pre-game, but that is where my guts takes me based upon the first 7 or so pages.
Instead of actually going on gut and skimming the thread so you don't have to post anything big why don't you actually scum hunt instead of going along with whatever is easy for you and don't have to post any evidence.
Vote:Cerebus3
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”