nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:28 am

Post by nhat »

Untitled wrote:bottom line: is it a scumtell or not? the number of people that did it in this game is irrelevant.
For me, yes, it is. How the HELL could it be otherwise when I said it then put my vote on you in the same post?
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Untitled »

ok, I just wanted to be sure that was your position - when you mentioned too townie it seemed as though you were contradicting yourself. my response is this:

it's not a scumtell, because it's something that townies commonly do. this contravenes the very definition of the term "scumtell". whether other people did it in this game is only relevant if you're arguing that scum would be more likely than townies to do it in this game than in other games. since you haven't made that argument, I'm assuming that you think it's a universal scumtell, and this theory is disproven by the many examples of townies doing it in other games.
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Untitled »

ebwop: cleaning up the middle sentence.

ok, I just wanted to be sure that was your position - when you mentioned too townie it seemed as though you were contradicting yourself. my response is this:

it's not a scumtell, because it's something that townies commonly do. this contravenes the very definition of the term "scumtell". whether other people did it in this game is only relevant if you're arguing that scum would be more likely than townies to do it in this game relative to other games. since you haven't made that argument, I'm assuming that you think it's a universal scumtell, and this theory is disproven by the many examples of townies doing it in other games.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Cyberbob »

nhat, there is no way in hell "too townie" is ever going to fly as a valid scumtell if I have anything to say about it.

Please stop making me want to vote you; I'm happy with my current vote and I don't like the feeling of being torn.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:55 am

Post by nhat »

Cyberbob wrote:nhat, there is no way in hell "too townie" is ever going to fly as a valid scumtell if I have anything to say about it.

Please stop making me want to vote you; I'm happy with my current vote and I don't like the feeling of being torn.
Why with the hard on for me? You take shots at me in your PBPA, calling my post on page 9 trolling when it's clearly my take on the whole pact situation. Then you see others piling up on me and you stick your nose in there, too.

Nobody asked you to agree with me about the Too Townieness of Untitled. If you don't like it, you know what to do, big guy.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Cyberbob »

nhat wrote:Why with the hard on for me? You take shots at me in your PBPA, calling my post on page 9 trolling when it's clearly my take on the whole pact situation.
There are myriad ways of expressing disagreement with something without resorting to belittling those you disagree with.
nhat wrote:Then you see others piling up on me and you stick your nose in there, too.
Er, no, but thanks for playing. I "stuck my nose in" because I agree with the people disagreeing with you. If I agreed with you I would have said so.
nhat wrote:If you don't like it, you know what to do, big guy.
Your wit is too sharp for me. :(
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Vote: Untitled
for craplogic, pretty sure I touched on this in the pregame.
nhat wrote:I mean he's soft-claiming town by including himself in the group who scumhunts. He's labeling himself town, but subtly. I can live with an all out townie claim, even a clever or humorous one. But one under the radar like this rubs me the wrong way.
Um, are you kidding me? Why would someone referring to themselves as town (which townies will do subconsciously and scum will do on purpose) even the tiniest little bit of a scumtell?
nhat wrote:
Cass wrote:Nhat: so, if I'd say "
We
should lynch Untitled." I'm scummy? Or what's the difference?
The difference being scum are willing to participate in lynches, but scumhunting is the job of townies. Like I said, I don't like it because it's so subtle, that's my preference. Your mileage may vary.

Also, because players use "our" and "us", I guess I'd have to chalk that one up to Too Townie.
1) Wow, total fail. You think he's
scum
because he mentioned a desire to
hunt scum
. What ridiculous WIFOM.
2) I think you need to look up Too Townie. But Too Townie isn't a tell anyway, it's just a way for scum to try to get the town to lynch overly protown players. And above all, it certainly does not apply to Untitled at all.

FoS: nhat
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:EBWOP: @Erratos Apathos, I do see one or two of them. The seventh one was my commenting that I was trying very hard to keep myself in control, and the last one was a legitimate question.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Question number two: does the fact that you had two pregame signal posts out of ten (excluding the confirm obv) tell you nothing about your attack on BM?
I give up on this since, as I said, my poor brain is unable to digest everything in here. Cass is probably right to vote me for the reasons she did. I'm not fazed by just one vote, though, especially since it puts me at L-13 or something like that.

While I'm at it, Snaps_the_Pirate's case on me at #271 sucks since Battle Mage isn't anywhere near lynch either. What doesn't make sense is how one measly person, who has said multiple times that he has to manage things one case at a time, can be trying to push for a lynch when 14 people have to agree that the person is scummy. You, my friend, are blowing my case out of proportion.

Unvote: Battle Mage
Vote: Snaps_the_Pirate
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 am

Post by earthworm »

Vote: nhat

He's still not definite scum at this point, but his vote on Untitled is what has me suspicious. He used a ridiculous argument to justify his wote, and it's made worse by the fact that Untitled was already the subject of votes and suspicions from other players, which makes it seem like he was scum thinking he could avoid suspicion since his actions were on someone who was already disliked. This, coupled with his defensiveness in the rest of the game, is why I think he's one of our best bets for scum at this point.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 am

Post by raider8169 »

I am sorry everyone that I just dropped off. I have some stuff happen that was out of my control. I was going to skim and make some sort of post however I would need to read like 10 pages to catch up. If I am slowing the game down please replace me however if you guys can wait until the end of the week I would like to get back into this game. Sorry agian.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:18 am

Post by armlx »

nhat wrote: I mean he's soft-claiming town by including himself in the group who scumhunts. He's labeling himself town, but subtly. I can live with an all out townie claim, even a clever or humorous one. But one under the radar like this rubs me the wrong way.
:roll:
Cyber wrote: nhat, there is no way in hell "too townie" is ever going to fly as a valid scumtell if I have anything to say about it.
This.
Ceph wrote: Vote: Untitled for craplogic, pretty sure I touched on this in the pregame.
Elaborate plz.
SC wrote: While I'm at it, Snaps_the_Pirate's case on me at #271 sucks since Battle Mage isn't anywhere near lynch either. What doesn't make sense is how one measly person, who has said multiple times that he has to manage things one case at a time, can be trying to push for a lynch when 14 people have to agree that the person is scummy. You, my friend, are blowing my case out of proportion.
Not really. You can be trying to lynch someone from vote #1.

I don't think nhat is scummy at this point, he's just extremely wrong.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

armlx wrote:
SC wrote: While I'm at it, Snaps_the_Pirate's case on me at #271 sucks since Battle Mage isn't anywhere near lynch either. What doesn't make sense is how one measly person, who has said multiple times that he has to manage things one case at a time, can be trying to push for a lynch when 14 people have to agree that the person is scummy. You, my friend, are blowing my case out of proportion.
Not really. You can be trying to lynch someone from vote #1.
Do you honestly think it is pro-town of me to suggest somebody's lynch this early and with this few posts on Battle Mage when I've repeatedly stated that there are too many posts to manage everybody's case?

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Two of Day One

(4) Untitled: cerebus3, PeterGriffin, nhat, Cephrir
(2) Netlava: Erratus Apathos, Cyberbob
(1) Battle Mage: Untitled
(1) DynamoXI: armlx
(1) wolframnhart: Korts
(1) PeterGriffin: Netlava
(1) StrangerCoug: Cass
(1) cerebus3: OpposedForce
(1) Snaps_The_Pirate: StrangerCoug
(1) nhat: earthworm

(12) Not Voting: raider8169, Battle Mage, DynamoXI, Veronica13, cris150, Mr. T, maxwellhouse, Tovarish, winterbells, MafiaMann, Snaps_The_Pirate, wolframnhart

With 26 alive, it takes 14 votes to lynch!

Last Post Count Two of Day One

Key:
Green - posted in last 24 hours
Yellow - posted in last 48 hours
Orange - Posted in last 72 hours
Red - Posted more than 72 hours ago, prodded
Dark Red - Requiring Replacement
Dark Blue - Vacation/Limited Access

MafiaMann

StrangerCoug

Netlava

DynamoXI

PeterGriffin

Veronica13

Snaps_The_Pirate

maxwellhouse

Erratus Apathos

nhat

armlx

Untitled

Cass

Cyberbob

Korts

OpposedForce

Cephrir

earthworm

cerebus3

raider8169

Battle Mage

cris150

winterbells

wolframnhart

Mr. T

Tovarish

Note: You'll probably get juggled around in these counts. As you can see, you'll most likely be organized by color.

Mr. T will be prodded.

wolframnhart and Tovarish have requested replacement.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 am

Post by skitzer »

animorpherv1 replaces winterbells!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

confirm.

also
vote: PeterGriffin
I hate Family Guy
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Minor FoS: animorpherv1
because this is not the random voting stage.

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 am

Post by MafiaMann »

animorpherv1 wrote:confirm.

also
vote: PeterGriffin
I hate Family Guy
lol a little late buddy.

Right now im suspicous of Untitled for blowing things out proportion but everythings to all over the place for me to be sure of anything.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by nhat »

Just because something has been written about Too Townie in a wiki doesn't make it gospel truth. I didn't know you guys are stho sthensthitive.
earthworm wrote: Vote: nhat

He's still not definite scum at this point, but his vote on Untitled is what has me suspicious.
He used a ridiculous argument to justify his wote, and it's made worse by the fact that Untitled was already the subject of votes and suspicions from other players, which makes it seem like he was scum thinking he could avoid suspicion since his actions were on someone who was already disliked.
This, coupled with his defensiveness in the rest of the game, is why I think he's one of our best bets for scum at this point.

Read the bold. That's you right now.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Minor FoS: animorpherv1
because this is not the random voting stage.
How does random voting make him more likely to be scum?
Do you want your possessions identified?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by armlx »

Do you honestly think it is pro-town of me to suggest somebody's lynch this early and with this few posts on Battle Mage when I've repeatedly stated that there are too many posts to manage everybody's case?
You definitely did suggest his lynch. Just not in a direct kill now plz way.
Minor FoS: animorpherv1 because this is not the random voting stage.
It sorta is.
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by earthworm »

nhat wrote:Read the bold. That's you right now.
wow, I am going to admit that was a genius defense. That said, in practice the genius presentation kind of obscures the facts. Yours was the third vote on Untitled, whereas although you have been under suspicion, I'm the only person who has actually voted for you. And your argument only really stands if mine is in fact as ridiculous as yours, otherwise I'm just putting a vote on a suspicious person.

Your argument had already been pointed out to be flawed. My argument was that in addition to it being suspicious because of it's illogicality, it was also scummy because of the context: it got you onto the Untitled bandwagon.

Also, I dislike your refusal to back down from an argument that has been repeatedly pointed out to be flawed.

But you're far from definite scum in my eyes, because of how much attention you're willing to draw to yourself.
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by earthworm »

armlx wrote:
Minor FoS: animorpherv1 because this is not the random voting stage.
It sorta is.
Normally it would be, but with 11 or so pages of pre-game discussion, in practice we just skipped straight to voting based on potentally scummy actions. So random voting is kind of unhelpful at this point.
Veronica13
Veronica13
Townie
Veronica13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Veronica13 »

I have to admit that I usually do better in these games once some votes have been cast and I can start to look at patterns and combine these with what has been said.

That being said, I have to agree with Peter that Netlava's few posts during the confirmation stage seemed iffy. In one post they argued that stifling discussion would be bad for the town and then in the next post argued that the arguments allowed for scum to be active without actually helping with scum-hunting but that they overdid it a bit. Which seems to me like an attempt to stifle discussion.

But now that I sound this out in my head more, it could also be taken as Netlava trying to guide the town as to how to use the discussion to search out some scum. So, never mind. I was going to vote for netlava here but I seem to have talked myself out of it.
Veronica13
Veronica13
Townie
Veronica13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Veronica13 »

I also tend to think that those who were the most vocal in the pre-game are probably not scum, as it really puts them in the spotlight and draws votes. Although I would except BM from this general thought because some players have styles that are apparently well-known and maintain them from game to game.

That being said, the players who I'm mostly interested in are those that weren't as active during the pre-game, but perhaps not completely silent. This thought, combined with nhat's misguided, at best, reasoning, leads me to

vote: nhat
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by armlx »

Normally it would be, but with 11 or so pages of pre-game discussion, in practice we just skipped straight to voting based on potentally scummy actions. So random voting is kind of unhelpful at this point.
Meh. I guess. Still not scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”