armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:06 am

Post by armlx »

Farside: I don't think the mafia would explicitly discuss the game being nightless any more then a lover pair would. If its anything its a town tell, but its a pretty weak one at best.
Adel wrote: this really reads to me like the work of a newbie with 62 total game posts who doesn't quite understand the setup. What is scummy about a mistaken newbie having a horrible idea?
Which parts exactly make you feel that?
my lover's single post. defintely a sign of a genius scum plot to convince the town to random-lynch itself into extinction.
Since when did anyone say it was a large plot?

I think there is something to be gained from the OF-Llama argument. Not sure what right now, but I'm going to read it a bit closer and see if I can figure it out.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 am

Post by farside22 »

I asked because I felt split on OF's comment. I wanted to knock OF off my scum list just for the comment alone then I started debating with myself. (Don't you love paroid mafia). Anyways I can't believe Adel of all people is using the newbie card for anyone.
I don't like meta, but seriously Adel when have you givin a newbie a break?
FOS: Adel.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Adel »

armix: a question with a question? give me a break. I never saif it was a large plot. The daytalk is funny.

@farside: virtually every game I play.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:25 am

Post by armlx »

armix: a question with a question? give me a break. I never saif it was a large plot. The daytalk is funny.
My point is evident: I'm not buying it as a newbie mistake. Show me how it was.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Adel wrote:my lover's single post. defintely a sign of a genius scum plot to convince the town to random-lynch itself into extinction.

So who is responable for pushing a case that the two rawest newbies in the game were trying to get the town to adopt a fatal strategy?
Adel wrote:I never saif it was a large plot.
The first quote is you trying to shoot down suspicion on yourself and your lover by showing the absurdity of two newbie scum concocting a plan to win by having the town random lynch. In other words, your defense of their actions is the "There's no way they made that large plot" defense, which completely contradicts the 2nd post.

I think the issue, and what armlx was saying, is that you're strawmanning people's suspicion on you by taking 1 scenario (the pregame plot) and showing it to be absurd, but ignoring other possible scenarios (it wasn't a plot or a preplanned idea) in your defense.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

I think there’s several ways Jebus could have planted that random vote idea (post 57) on purpose if he were scum, so his inexperience and questioning the setup are not automatic tells that he is a “mistaken” newbie. Here’s a few possibilities:

1. Jebus thought he could get people on board for the random vote. In this case the other scum group would need to support it.
2. Jebus thought people would not be on board for the random vote, but also not lynch them for that reason alone. The other group could denounce the idea immediately and be distanced from Jebus’ group.
3. ?...

-Opposed Force and Kloud fought the idea almost immediately (posts 58 and 62).

-Only the Zoolander / Pope group did not comment on the idea but they haven’t commented anything else.

-Out of the Goat / Llama group, Goat mostly was against it (70) but we have to speculate if his position could have been interchangeable. He was the 3rd group out of the 5 that aren’t Jebus’ to comment on the idea. Llama withheld his idea but posted in other areas (66, 68).

@Llama: Did you feel that enough people were making the point against random lynching clear enough for Jebus that you didn’t need to weigh in before he got replaced?

-Caboose / Farside group were both against it but not until much after the other groups weighed in (87 and 95). Caboose hadn’t posted on any other topic while Farside did post on other earlier (64).

It's all pretty much speculation but could be a good addition to some massive diagram later on. While I think Jebus could've been a mistaken townie, he also could've be hoping his inexperience is used for the benefit of doubt.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Adel »

Seriously, the quicktopic chat is funny. Jebus honestly thought it was a good idea for the town to random lynch both days. He even used fractions to "prove" it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by armlx »

Seriously, the quicktopic chat is funny. Jebus honestly thought it was a good idea for the town to random lynch both days. He even used fractions to "prove" it.
So it was planned?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Zoolander (0)
Farside22 (0)
Citizen Karne (0)
LlamaFluff (2) Farside22, OpposedForce
Goatrevolt (1) Caboose
Jahudo (1) Zoolander
OpposedForce (1) LlamaFluff
armlx (0)
Caboose (1) Goatrevolt
3fj (2) Citizen Karne, Jahudo
kloud1516 (2) Adel, 3fj
Adel (1) armlx

Not Voting (1) Kloud1516

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Citizen Karne replaces The Pope's Tiara. Thnx! :)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

LlamaFulff prodded.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:Seriously, the quicktopic chat is funny. Jebus honestly thought it was a good idea for the town to random lynch both days. He even used fractions to "prove" it.
Since you are talking about it. How many post were made between the lovers to discuss this proposal?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

LlamaFluff has requested replacement.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

Hello all! I have replaced into this game. Reading at the moment.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 am

Post by kloud1516 »

First of all: Welcome to the game Karne!

Secondly:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Adel wrote:my lover's single post. defintely a sign of a genius scum plot to convince the town to random-lynch itself into extinction.

So who is responable for pushing a case that the two rawest newbies in the game were trying to get the town to adopt a fatal strategy?
Adel wrote:I never saif it was a large plot.
The first quote is you trying to shoot down suspicion on yourself and your lover by showing the absurdity of two newbie scum concocting a plan to win by having the town random lynch. In other words, your defense of their actions is the "There's no way they made that large plot" defense, which completely contradicts the 2nd post.

I think the issue, and what armlx was saying, is that you're strawmanning people's suspicion on you by taking 1 scenario (the pregame plot) and showing it to be absurd, but ignoring other possible scenarios (it wasn't a plot or a preplanned idea) in your defense.
QFT. Fallacy taken into consideration, I am not liking this initial post. I do not feel that anyone was necessarily pushing for their lynch (correct me if I am wrong), but I do see that people pointed out why they felt the suggestion was scummy while expressing the possibly detrimental results that could occur from random lynching. Even if they were newbies, as I said before in post, a suspicious suggestion is still a suspicious suggestion, no matter if the person who suggested it decides to defend it. I think this holds true for a "raw newbie" suggesting a scummy plan as well, for they are just as likely to be scum as anyone else, and are therefore just as likely to make mistakes. Not all newbies are as oblivious as you seem to be attempting to portray them.

More to come.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Adel »

paraphrased quicktopic thread:
xtox opens thread

Jebus: We should random lynch someone since we only have to kill one scum to win and there is no night phase. Day 1 our chances are 2/5, and day 2 wit will be 3/5, so overal it will be 50/50. I will introduce the idea. We should roleclaim early.
3jf: early roleclaim will just make us a target. We should random lynch though.
3jf: Also we should vote for somebody different every two days to avoid suspicion.
Day 1 you should fos, and then I'll vote for them.
Day 2 we both pick separate people scummy people
Jebus: It is a plan then. I'll go after kloud
xtoxm closes thread
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by Caboose »

Before I say anything, I'm pulling my joke vote.

Unvote: Goatrevolt
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Caboose »

Adel wrote:paraphrased quicktopic thread:
xtox opens thread

Jebus: We should random lynch someone since we only have to kill one scum to win and there is no night phase. Day 1 our chances are 2/5, and day 2 wit will be 3/5, so overal it will be 50/50. I will introduce the idea. We should roleclaim early.
3jf: early roleclaim will just make us a target. We should random lynch though.

3jf: Also we should vote for somebody different every two days to avoid suspicion.
Day 1 you should fos, and then I'll vote for them.

Day 2 we both pick separate people scummy people
Jebus: It is a plan then. I'll go after kloud

xtoxm closes thread
That summary doesn't do anything to convince me that you're pro-town; in fact, it does the opposite.

Randomly lynching is not a good idea, and it really takes away the element that makes mafia fun.

First bolded part: Why would you worry about that too much, unless you're scum?
Second bolded part: That sounds more like what scum would do.
Third bolded part: That also sounds more like what scum would do.

Oh yeah, and when I was popcorning back on page 2, I forgot that the Pope's Tiara had already claimed.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Hah, that's a funny chat thread.

3fj's tips to avoid suspicion sounds bad, but Jebus does act like the random lynch is a great plan for town to win. I don't know if paraphrased chats should factor in much or at all, but it does sound like two typical newbies to me.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Caboose »

Jahudo wrote:I don't know if paraphrased chats should factor in much or at all, but it does sound like two typical newbies to me.
Newbie town or scum?

I think that townies would be more worried about finding scum than avoiding suspicion themselves.

Or is that just me?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by armlx »

I think that townies would be more worried about finding scum than avoiding suspicion themselves.
I agree. Most other I people I have discussed that with do.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

I apologize. I must have forgotten to add this to my watched topics. I therefore must embarrassingly admit I have not yet finished my readthrough and, again, apologize. I am working on it now!
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

I dislike how the Adel wagon disappeared so quickly once
he
(I remembered) replaced in. I especially do not like kloud's unvote at all. No reason given. He welcomes Adel into the game and unvotes. This paired with the fact Adel random-voted kloud my initial suspects are the kloud team and the Adel team.

Also, the mod hasn't said it yet but I am replacing The Pope's Tiara.
I said it in the same post as the latest vote count - Mod.

I'm going to
vote: Adel
though I am happy voting 3fj, kloud, or armlx.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Citizen Karne wrote:I dislike how the Adel wagon disappeared so quickly once
he
(I remembered) replaced in. I especially do not like kloud's unvote at all. No reason given. He welcomes Adel into the game and unvotes. This paired with the fact Adel random-voted kloud my initial suspects are the kloud team and the Adel team.

Also, the mod hasn't said it yet but I am replacing The Pope's Tiara.
I said it in the same post as the latest vote count - Mod.

I'm going to
vote: Adel
though I am happy voting 3fj, kloud, or armlx.
1) That vote on Zoolander was from the random voting. I unvoted because I did not feel as though we were still in the random voting stage, and would have done so earlier if I hadn't been so busy.

2) So it is wrong to welcome someone to the game?

3) We were just provided with paraphrased content from the Jebus/3fj, so I am not following your reasoning for suspecting Adel and me to be scum buddies; besides Jebus' vote in the random voting stage. Could you please elaborate?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Adel »

armlx wrote:
I kind of suspect that thier understanding of the setup was so incompleat that they (both of them) thought that as lovers they needed to avoid being suspected of being lovers.

Can 3fj shed some light on this?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Caboose »

Adel wrote:
armlx wrote:
I kind of suspect that thier understanding of the setup was so incompleat that they (both of them) thought that as lovers they needed to avoid being suspected of being lovers.

Can 3fj shed some light on this?
That doesn't add up to me.

Vote: Adel

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”