Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Ythill »

Nuriens, you roll too easily.

Jah claims, in defending against you, that he thinks habit is semi-experienced. Then he argues against me that habit obviously hasn't learned from his measly four games. Jah's playing both sides of the coin when it suits him.

Furthermore, faced with his decisive vote and weak case, he continues to back off from his surety. I've heard the "it was just for pressure" story before and my question is always the same.

@ Jah: If yours was a pressure vote, why did you bother pretending you had a case?

Also, welcome Karne. Enjoy your read, I look forward to seeing your opinions.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

I am currently on page eight. I will hopefully finish tomorrow.

At the moment, my strongest suspicion is probably Nuriens, Cass, or ThePope'sTiara; I am not 100% sure.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

sirdanilot replaces Tritch.
Do you want your possessions identified?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Hi all, I'll start reading this game.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by Cass »

Wonderful! I'm very interested in your conclusions, also those of Karne.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote:Nuriens, you roll too easily.

Jah claims, in defending against you, that he thinks habit is semi-experienced. Then he argues against me that habit obviously hasn't learned from his measly four games. Jah's playing both sides of the coin when it suits him.
Ythill, you are again building cases with false premises. Jahudo did not say habit was semi-experienced when answering me. If he said something, he said the same than to you, that is, that habitang is not very experienced. Tell me where you have read what you claim Jahudo said...

His only reference to experience is:

nureins wrote: @jahudo: do you consider habitang a weak player ?
habitang wrote: I don’t think so. It might be more appropriate to say he’s more inexperienced than some others here and is still learning aspects of the game, but so am I.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by nureins »

Obviously, the last quote is JAHUDO talking about HABITANG.
Sorry for the misquote
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

I'm at page 7 now, and I must say that this game is very hard to read. People make very long posts and as of yet nobody strikes me as really scummy.

As of where I'm now, habitang looks reasonably town. I'm a bit torn on Ectomancer, IIRC he accused someone of taking away his authority...? And then there's Jahudo. For a very long time he didn't have his vote on anybody, which doesn't strike me as very pro-town either. I'd say he'd be the most scummy player so far, but I'm nowhere near convinced on that. Most people seem to be good players, and everyone's very vocal.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Ythill »

@nuriens: The question is pointless because you've answered it with the quote you've given. Calling somebody "more experienced than others here and still learning aspects of the game" is calling them semi-experienced.

But, more than the words, look at the angle of each argument. To paraphrase...

Q: Is habit a weak player?
A: No. He's semi-experienced and as good as I.
Q: Isn't it true that experience as town would be the same as experience as scum?
A: No. Habit should have learned to be more pro-town but it looks like he hasn't.

Welcome sirdan.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:14 am

Post by Andycyca »

Sorry for the absence. Rereading from last post...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:56 am

Post by nureins »

Ythill wrote:@nuriens: The question is pointless because you've answered it with the quote you've given. Calling somebody "more experienced than others here and still learning aspects of the game" is calling them semi-experienced.
Are you serious ?
He said "more inexperienced" not more experienced...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Jahudo »

I know this is long but bear with it.

If it seems like I'm playing both sides and giving in to you by dropping suspicion it's that for all the bad stuff habit did below, he just feels like an impatient person to me. Semi-experienced if that means he hasn't played enough long games to know that patience is a virtue. But my opinions are not enough because we've been too focused on one another so what does everyone else think of this:

Habit PbPA

1 – FoS me for trying to take the “TPT discussion” topic to the next level. (I was asking questions not throwing out my vote and persuading others to do the same.)

2 – Says I’m taking advantage of this early phase that doesn’t have clues to who is scum, but also says my discussion could lead to 4 more pages of discussion that is worth less than a page of proper investigation. (First I’m not the only one that can ask questions so it is unlikely only one person can dominate 4 pages, and with discussion out of the random vote stage comes a more solid investigation.)

3 – Admits that joke voting starts worthwhile discussion.

4 – Says I’ve been probing for answers, withholding information. (I had that misunderstanding over Simenon’s word choice.)

6 – says I’m using too-townie tactic. Enforces his FoS on me (he actually mis-read someone else’s post as mine.)

7 – Admits he’s overtly leading

9 – Admits he put words in my mouth on a misquote

10 – Explains how in a previous game he self-voted for the greater good.

11 – Admits that TPT was a good starting point for suspicions. Then accuses me for supporting conversation in any direction without taking stands. (He’s talking about my post 121 if you want to read it. I felt I gave opinions there and actually touched base on several discussions which is what he claims I never do and he himself does.)

13 – Admits he is directing conversation so everything doesn’t get focused on only one thing and we miss other avenues.

14 – Says I’m cleared, sees TPT as unhelpful and vote/FoS’ing without any weight.

23 – Reinstates his belief that I generate discussion out of nothing and focus on unimportant things. (He didn’t provide quotes but I assume it was my prior post 211 where I questioned this:
habitang wrote:Otherwise I haven't really been reading your posts, too long, this is to your disadvantage because I will gladly be the hammer vote if you're the suspect, even without reading.
(I asked him if he was serious because this seems very anti-town AND important.)

28 – “My initial case on Jahudo was for starting discussion” (love that quote) and he says I voted for TPT over semantics (that was more the last straw of nonsense behavior from TPT that made me vote).
habitang wrote: SO if I make an inflammatory statement without thinking again, well I don't see why I shouldn't get lynched if it looks like a scum slip-up
30 – Wants to no-lynch day 1

31 – Defends the no-lynch I didn’t agree with.

33 – Votes me for “smelling fishy”, constantly “being there”, and his instinct. (Where is the evidence?). He says his “impatience is kicking in”. (I think scum would be more impatient, wanting to get to night).

37 – His erratic post containing some appeals to emotion, OMGUS feelings and a desire to vote someone without providing justification because it will “save his own ass”

I’ll leave it off there. This is what I have found scummy about him:

-He often jumps to accusations and later has to withdraw them because he read a post and thought it was by someone else. In one case he voted for Ythill because of something scummy another person said.

-He also admits his impatience and desire for conversations to be shorter or to end entirely (ie. Nureins vs Ythill). It seems he wants to wrap this day up more than he claims I do and he is vocal about doing so.

-He has focused on my from the very beginning and will often draw empty conclusions about me without providing quotes or explanations. He throws out things like “too-townie” or supporting conversation in any direction while he supports conversation in a different direction? Don’t forget that he voted for me because I smelled fishy and was “Constantly being there”

-He wanted to no lynch and it was the timing that gave the impression that this was not an early day 1 newbie suggestion but an impatient person that doesn’t want to scum hunt any more today.

-Read his 28th post “If I do make an inflammatory statement”, then his 37th post and tell me why he wasn’t asking for it. “I don’t see why I shouldn’t be lynched”. I’m talking about how he wanted to vote Tritch to save himself.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

sirdanilot wrote:I'm at page 7 now, and I must say that this game is very hard to read. People make very long posts and as of yet nobody strikes me as really scummy.

As of where I'm now, habitang looks reasonably town. I'm a bit torn on Ectomancer, IIRC he accused someone of taking away his authority...? And then there's Jahudo. For a very long time he didn't have his vote on anybody, which doesn't strike me as very pro-town either. I'd say he'd be the most scummy player so far, but I'm nowhere near convinced on that. Most people seem to be good players, and everyone's very vocal.
No, I accused Nurein of using me as a voice of authority once too often. Though you might take into account a players experience, experience doesn't dictate role or alignment. He shouldn't be using me, or any other player like that. You can agree with someone, but too often and your input becomes a "What he said" style that doesn't give the town that players own insights into the game, not to mention the feeling that they are aligning themselves with that more experienced player.
If you'll read further, Nureins is no longer following this habit.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:58 am

Post by nureins »

Jahudo wrote:I know this is long but bear with it.

If it seems like I'm playing both sides and giving in to you by dropping suspicion it's that for all the bad stuff habit did below, he just feels like an impatient person to me. Semi-experienced if that means he hasn't played enough long games to know that patience is a virtue. But my opinions are not enough because we've been too focused on one another so what does everyone else think of this:
Be careful with the language you use. Ythill wanted to put in your mouth the word semi-experienced as to mean that you insinuated he was experienced.

I clearly see you think of Habitang as an inexperienced person, so do not fall in his language game :)

Ill try to answer your views on habitang in all I can...(ill not quote jahudo points for avoiding a long post. Ill simply use the numbers he uses.

1 – I perceive you are right in this point. I found your action pretty coherent due to Tpt's attitude. And Habitang was a bit inconsistent, since he also found tpt's attitude bad...later he tried to disentangle a bit why he fossed you, but i dont buy this argument.

2 – This is closely related to 1 and the same applies.

3 – Here I do not see any problem in both of you.

4 – Here all depends about the mason fishing i guess. I have to admit that I understood first your "partner" word as scum-partners, so i didnt understand very well everything. Later, I thought you refered to any town-partner kind of role, and given i have no idea about which can be exactly and that it took me a lot of time just to find bit of information about which they could be, i opted to wait for comments on people. In any case, that of course is not a point I buy from him, but it is delicate if experienced people yet remain in this point.

6 – nothing to say.

7 – At this point I was understanding better what Cass said in his first post...

9 – nothing to say

10 – That I found curious in two ways. On one hand, I was really surprised how someone could do that, so I asked him about it in order to understand TPT. On the other hand, I felt that could be a signal of "compassion" to TPT, which i didnt understand very well...

11 – I agree with you.

13 – Here I perceived that he might be totally lost and probably was the first post in which my soft suspicions on him calmed down. I interpreted as a signal of "desperation" searching without any clear direction.

14 – And this confirmed me that it was better not to follow his reasonings too much.

23 – More signals of loss...i guessed he didnt know where to look exactly...

28 – Here I have to admit I stopped reading him a lot. The same applies to the no-lynch and further blablabla with nonsense.

30 – nonsense

31 – nonsense

33 – desperation and impatience on him.

37 – And ill leave it here too, as you stopped here...but I felt he was totally out of his mind with the post on himself. And Cass was really afraid of losing a lynch with such a stupid behaviour, and I bought this attitude...
jahudo wrote: -continuous jumps plus withdraws.
-admits his impatience
-focusing on one person
-no lynch after unsuccesful look
Summarizing your points, I think you are correct at reading the posts, but not at interpreting habitang's attitude behind them. I interpret all that more like an inexperienced lost player looking for scum without realizing there are no certainties in this game and therefore desperating...So answering you, I dont think you are focusing too much on him. Probably the case is that he is focusing too much on you as you were the only fish he thought he could get. Someone had analyzed previous habitang's games. Ill do, coz one of them ended up with him "autovoting" and im thinking that probably he has not guessed up correctly who scum were in many occassions :P

Ill mantain you informed about my observations...
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Simenon »

The people making the long posts are really making it hard for the people with partial access. :(

Could you please minimize your PBPA just a little bit, Jah? It would be a big help.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:05 am

Post by nureins »

Simenon wrote:The people making the long posts are really making it hard for the people with partial access. :(

Could you please minimize your PBPA just a little bit, Jah? It would be a big help.
Not to be offensive, Jah already did a summary of his points at the end of his post. I dont want to assume anything, but your posts were equally long and frequent when your access was full, so access is not very relevant in your case...
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

habitang: (3) nhat, Simenon, Andycyca
sirdanilot: (2) Cass, nureins
Jahudo: (2) Goatrevolt, Ythill
Ectomancer: (1) sirdanilot
Andycyca: (1) habitang

Not voting: Citizen Karne, Ectomancer, Jahudo

Goatrevolt has been prodded.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Simenon »

nureins wrote:
Simenon wrote:The people making the long posts are really making it hard for the people with partial access. :(

I dont want to assume anything, but your posts were equally long and frequent when your access was full,.
hm?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:16 am

Post by nureins »

Simenon wrote:
nureins wrote:

I dont want to assume anything, but your posts were equally long and frequent when your access was full,.
hm?
Jahudo's post was long, but reasoned. He was making a case just "copying" the method that goat followed. The fact that he does its own way and doesnt talk as an expert as Goat while he did his case is nothing bad for town. I have been able to follow jah's arguments and to answer him, the same I followed goat's. So I clearly have the feeling that you are "attacking" jahudo in a subtle way by suggesting that he does the game "hard to follow". So he might be suspect of complicating things. Especially relevant if this does not allow you to follow the game because you have no access, huh ? poor you...

So I do think your posts are equally long and have equal content. So your partial access is not affecting your game too much. If you are gonna use your access as part of the game, we also can...and I dont like what I see.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Here is a summary of Habit’s habits:

1. He jumps to conclusions and accuses people without checking who is actually writing the posts, then accuses the wrong person.
2. He is impatient and wants certain conversations to end.
3. He keeps using empty accusations on me without giving the examples of these wrong things.
4. He suggested a no lynch after his impatience grew thin.
5. Post 259 != post 306.

Now, I’ve felt that these are not great scum tells if you still think Habit is less experienced at the slow flow of these games and his impatience is the cause of these problems.

My vote did not explain all my suspicions on habit but it would have been as long as my recent defenses if I had, and some people (habit) would have ignored them for aversion to long posts. Out of nhats / Simenon / Andy’s votes before me, only Andy really gave support to his vote for habit as scum beyond the fake uncalled-for-ness.

I feel that some people saw only habit’s post 306 and ignored what he was doing up until that point. 306 was an obvious reason to vote, and any scum would have been happy to see habit write it. So I don’t think it is out of the question that scum can give momentum to a post like 306 even in the first 2 votes.

Mass Question:
I'd like to know if anyone who voted, or would have voted, for habit agree/disagree with the points I made not relating to post 306 and if they recognized or overlooked these habits of habitang.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Jahudo wrote:habits of habitang.
I've been looking for an opportunity to work that in somewhere :).

I need to read through the last couple of pages including the habitang pbpa and analysis by jahudo.

Question: Jahudo, what is your stance on habitang right now? You're vote is still on him, correct? Do you find him scummy right now, and was that PBPA a list of reasons why, or was that a post facto defense of your vote reasoning?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Ythill »

nureins wrote:
Ythill wrote:@nuriens: The question is pointless because you've answered it with the quote you've given. Calling somebody "more experienced than others here and still learning aspects of the game" is calling them semi-experienced.
Are you serious ?
He said "more inexperienced" not more experienced...
Uh... yes I was serious but you are right that I misread what Jah had written. Perhaps because of the way he uses the argument in saying that habit is not a weak player. I guess the context threw me off.

So my two-sides-of-the-coin argument is somewhat invalidated. However, I do find Jah's response to that argument a little odd, knowing now that I had simply misread what he meant.

Nor do I like nuriens' coaching in #413.
Jah wrote:Now, I’ve felt that these are not great scum tells if you still think Habit is less experienced at the slow flow of these games and his impatience is the cause of these problems.
The question here is what
you
think. Habit is not a weak player? Habit is inexperienced? Habit is scummy? Habit is just a n00b? I am honstly confused as to your opinion.
Jah wrote:Out of nhats / Simenon / Andy’s votes before me, only Andy really gave support to his vote for habit as scum beyond the fake uncalled-for-ness.
Which makes your vote less scummy how? I'd rather someone post "habit is obvscum" then try to make a weak case sound plausible. The former is lazy. The latter is scummy.

Answer to Jah's mass question: I agree with some of your points, where they correspond to what I've already said about habit. It was not his #306 that cleared him a bit in my mind but, rather, some of the reactions to it... including yours.

Question for Jah: If it is true that you refrained from posting your pre-306 case in #311 because you feared habit wouldn't read it, then why do you explicitly say (in #311) that #306 changed your view of him? I seriously smell a rat here.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Simenon »

I raised the point because you're wrong. My content was nowhere near the level of Jahs PBPA's or your incessant ramblings.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Simenon »

Or maybe I'm just frustrated because your ramblings tend to focus on defending people who are perfectly capable of defending themselves.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
habitang
habitang
Goon
habitang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by habitang »

Interesting... When Jahudo first defended against the accusations of voting me, he was close to being moved away from my scumdar. But now the continued defence/accusation of me seems like he wasn't convinced that peopel were believing his first defence and so now is trying to consolidate what he initially said by bringing up some points on me.

BTW I do agree with a lot of Jahudo's PbPa on my behaviour except for whenever he is alluding to me being scum. So little of it seems to allude to scummy behaviour though, it seems that he made all these accurate points about what I have been doing, but just labels it all as scummy when really
Jahudo wrote:This is what I have found scummy about him:

I think would be more accurate: This is what I have found out about him. So yeh I'm going to be happy with a Jahudo or an Andycyca lynch. Who knows? Maybe Vig can take care of the other one.

Anyhows I have found ti funny hwo a common question going around is if people think I am an experienced player or what? I know the whole N00b thign is workign to my advantage too, but just so you all know, I am NOT N00b. I know I shouldn't have gone all crazy like that, I know I need to be more patient, I know I shouldn't OMGUS, I know I shouldn't have done alot of the thigns I did. BUT I have also contributed to the game so you have to weigh up how I help with how I sometimes don't help. I don't do the not-helping thing on purpose either, I just had a lapse in gauging teh situation.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”