Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

looking at things it seems chicken katsu is kasumeat
I think panzer is right about scum being in each of those poola, which via reverse engineered ro3 is kinda suspicious of panzer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.5

Kasumeat
(3): , ,
MURDERCAT
(3): , ,
Thestatusquo
(2): ,
Gamma Emerald
(2): ,
OutWorldER
(1):

Not voting
(1): ,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-12 14:30:00)

Notes:
  • OutWorldER was prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 448, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 432, Blitzo wrote:I'm not 100% convinced he's scum. I acknowledge the fact that he could be and I think it's more likely than not based on my understanding, but I'm already in the process of talking to several other people about his opinion.
Why would you want to be convinced to vote someone you think is likely town?
And why is it so hard to get you to develop an opinion on anything? This feels like pulling teeth and it really shouldn't feel like that.
Well you could be right and I could be wrong, or vice versa.

I think it's helpful for us to have the discussion to come to a good decision on him - or a bad decision.

In doing so it also reveals our thought processes to see whether your alignment is good. I'm not like married to my opinion - if you have great reasons let's talk them out.

I have developed opinions on things- I express them in this thread but it's mostly about what is actually relevant at the moment- I don't find the need to put everything I think about the game on the thread because I have found it in the past to be too spammy/cluttery - I doubt it will be productive or useful. If I want to push a specific person, you will see me commit to that.
tbh I think you and I might have similar playstyles (express a good amount of things across several posts, but it's hard to get us to put it together in a way that's easy for others to follow)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 459, UneducatedGuesser wrote:Sorry.

Had to take one of my cats into the vet for emergency surgery yesterday morning, probably going to be ok but I spent yesterday being a mess. Trying to get my head straightened out and not be a waste of a slot. Going to be trying to reread and provide some actual content in the next 12 hours once I’ve gotten things settled at work for the day. If anyone wants my opinion on anything in particular let me know and I’ll make sure to get to it on top of whatever I find to comment on in more general terms.
a few months ago my cat had to be put down for kidney problems that would be tricky to fix and had no guarantee of remaining fixed. So I definitely feel your pain.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 481, The Bulge wrote:does it help you if I say I think blitzo is town mainly off of their interactions with you and panzer
Why? I'm a bit interested in this
<Embrace The Void>

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 495, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 375, PJ. wrote:There seems to be two clear groups of people in this game. a group of people who can't play mafia (or their gimmick is that they can't play mafia) and a group of people who are p dece. How many people of the can't play mafia group do you think are scum, Shea?
I don't need a hard line, but can you throw out 3 notable member of each group?
Shea told me to be nice, so no.
In post 496, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 380, PJ. wrote:To be most clear; I think 2 of murder/outworld/duppin are scum and 1 of nora/chicken katsu/blitzo are scum
who is chicken? I'm assuming the former group is "can play" and the latter is "can't play"
no.
Gamma Emerald wrote:looking at things it seems chicken katsu is kasumeat
I think panzer is right about scum being in each of those poola, which via reverse engineered ro3 is kinda suspicious of panzer
idk what "reverse engineered ro3" means, but not sure how you can agree with me where the scum are then be like "yo, you sus tho". Schrodinger's scumhunting.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 487, Kasumeat wrote:Not only has he disappeared now that there's no pressure no him
Earlier on when I'd put out the TR on shea and gotten pressed about it I decided to cool off a bit as I figured the only thing I'd do by posting about that more would be make myself look worse. More recently I just hadn't been paying attention to the game as well. I've got varied hobbies, and a pretty eventful real life these days. I can give you a bit of a pass starting off since you don't have any way of knowing that, but I'll be wary of any further attempts to shade my inactivity, by you or anyone else.
<Embrace The Void>

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by PJ. »

I feel like chicken katsu and bitzio have been discussed ad nauseum at this point and i agree with most of what was said.

Idk know if noraa is scum or if this masatina-style "I AM THE PROTAGONIST OF THIS ANIME" playstyle is just pinging me because i hate it.

I just think it's unlikely that all 3 of these people are scum. I think katsu has the highest likelihood of being town of the 3 mostly because sometimes you're just dumb and loud and can't help it.

~~~~

A lot of there was a solid set of post somewhere in the single digits where Outworld/Duppin/ murdercat were being very weird with each other and like doing this weird buddying dance. It also doesn;t help that i find outworld and murdercat independently scummy. I think this is a case of like..2 scum trying to get someone to play 3rd imposter.

~~~

everyone else is probably town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 505, PJ. wrote:
In post 495, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 375, PJ. wrote:There seems to be two clear groups of people in this game. a group of people who can't play mafia (or their gimmick is that they can't play mafia) and a group of people who are p dece. How many people of the can't play mafia group do you think are scum, Shea?
I don't need a hard line, but can you throw out 3 notable member of each group?
Shea told me to be nice, so no.
In post 496, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 380, PJ. wrote:To be most clear; I think 2 of murder/outworld/duppin are scum and 1 of nora/chicken katsu/blitzo are scum
who is chicken? I'm assuming the former group is "can play" and the latter is "can't play"
no.
Gamma Emerald wrote:looking at things it seems chicken katsu is kasumeat
idk what "reverse engineered ro3" means, but not sure how you can agree with me where the scum are then be like "yo, you sus tho". Schrodinger's scumhunting.
VOTE: Panzerjager
I don't particularly expect much from you as a mafia player but you should be able to put actual effort in to explain the things you're putting out into the thread, since you're generally quite active in non-mafia parts of the site. I'd expect, given that, you'd have the time and energy to explain yourself a little.
As for reverse engineered ro3, ro3 mean rule of three, where scum tend to put one of their buddies into a pool of three to not be seen as pushing any sort of heavy agenda that could expose their buddies. Typically this is used on flipped scum, but in the case of reverse engineered (or to put it more scientifically, converse) ro3 it can be applied to living scum. The reverse engineered aspect is that I think there is 1 scum in each pool, so that suggests you could be scum who put a buddy in each set of 3 people. It's highly assumptive but still a viable point.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

why did you make this big deal of saying no to explaining what you meant and then make a post that essentially just rehashes what you already said?
<Embrace The Void>

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by PJ. »

I don't think I said no to explaining what I meant? I said no to telling you about who i think sucks and doesn't suck because shea told me not to be mean. and i explained why my pools are pools mostly cause someone else asked? Is your brain ok?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My brain is never okay
But to more seriously respond, I never said or saw anything about people sucking? I just wanted to know people you thought were or weren't knowledgeable players.
<Embrace The Void>

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

i'd type the lyrics to fresh prince of bel air but I forgot them

I have been looking at this thread on mobile but haven't been able to respond due to shit being wack over here due to personal issues, should've probably declared V/LA

however, I am here now, give me a hot minute to sort out my thoughts in the heat of the moment.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 316, The Bulge wrote:
In post 151, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 114, The Bulge wrote:
In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:Murdercat gives me gut feelings of scum from the way he dismissed the growing wagon on him but I'll admit that's weak, which is I'm not voting him. I'd like a proper wagon on him sometime, but like I said, I'd rather have a wagon somebody who will be troublesome to read so we can figure them out early.
you cite a weak gutread here as a reason for not voting murdercat, but is that not what made you want to push blitzo?
part of the reason
is there any other specific reason you are not voting murdercat?
In that particular instance I decided it was better to try and pressure a slot I felt was hard to get a grasp on than push minor scumpings. I'm still in the midst of parsing the information I've gathered.
what's the difference this early in the game?
Mostly gut feeling on how weird I felt the differing playstyles were at that time. At that time it looked like Blitzo's oddities could've gone either way whereas I knew for certain what I felt about Murdercat, even if it was weak.
In post 319, The Bulge wrote:
In post 211, OutWorldER wrote:There are several questions I have for 205.
Noraa wrote:Blitzo's post 34 is overly defensive to what I perceive as a joke from Kazu(can I call you that?) Overall an interesting slot but they are in my null for the time being.
You see Blitzo as overly defensive (which I agree with) but then go on to null them. Can you elaborate?
Noraa wrote: Duppins posts are giving me such strong town pings, I'm worried he's scum. in the slight scum reads he goes.
What on earth is this logic? "They seem towny, so I'm going to scumlean them"????????
Noraa wrote: Shea is .... meh null.
Can you go further into detail on your thoughts on TSQ?

I may end up switching votes here.
jumping right into the least consequential and easiest parts of the easiest post so far to pick apart
Easiest I'll admit to but I'd like you elaborate on least consequential.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: Blitzo

imo its kind of shady for him to ask me for my opinion multiple times but when I say he's my top SR just ignore me and post 4 times without responding to it. shade thrown.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Panzer's play is...unimpressive but I also don't really see scum getting as stubborn as he's being? It's hard for me to put it into words. It feels like a towny trying to bait reactions.

Gamma's push onto him also feels really awful. I don't know how to describe this "reverse-engineered ro3" stuff as anything but nonsense. It feels too sudden and not earnest at all, and especially with such weak logic behind it.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Trying to place Noraa's slot is a bitch considering all the fluff going on in this ISO. 242 gives me really bad scum pings I didn't pick up before and it reads as very deflective. I have no idea what to make of that conversation about opportunism considering I don't even really understand what people are saying there. 465 rings to me as a good post with a genuinely good point.

IDK, I'd go slight scumlean with a trend towards null on that slot right now.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

That's kind of everything that grabs the attention of my tired ass. I should be a bit more freed up so feel free to bring anything I've missed to my attention and I'll try to give my best thoughts on it as soon as I can.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok I felt I had to reread because I didn’t feel like I had a good understanding of the game state. I also wanted to read some games from various people.

Thestatusquo
Shea to me is likely town here. I played a game with Shea once before when he was town and he replaced out due to frustration, very similar to what I see in . Posts like and feel genuine to me, from what I read scum Shea seemed to be more sure of himself and more aggressive. I did read through a couple town games that gave me pause though as it’s possible has tone has just shifted over time and I’m just conf biased.

Panzerjager
Panzer doesn’t have a lot of content to look through in this game, but I’m going to try my best. At the risk of sounding OMGUSy, I don’t like Panzer’s vote on me. There’s no real reason given other than e.g. “read lists are scummy” (). Yes I realized that I was ok with the vote when it first happened, but it feels now as if the vote is being justified after the fact in a possible miselim attempt. Panzer has been very vague in the description about outworld/duppin/me and it reads to me like he is keeping his options open about where to move to in the future.

Gamma Emerald
Honestly, despite my push on Gamma I don’t really see why he would make posts like and . Gamma has had a lot of posts like that really don’t make sense to me, which is why I felt like pushing there, but at the same time Gamma hasn’t really made any strong pushes in any one direction. Could be scum waiting, but I feel like scum probably at least tries to look a little busier. For whatever reason, the vote on me feels different from the vote by Panzer. It felt like Gamma tried to interact with me before coming to vote on me. The vote off of me probably also doesn’t make sense as scum.

Blitzo
To be honest, I don’t really understand the push that Shea made onto Blitzo about the RVS thing. I do think that Blitzo’s criticism () of my Gamma read makes sense in retrospect. I like this quote “you've pointed out that he might have backtracked, which is a thing, but I still don't see why that matters or how that makes him scummy either.” I also like that Blitzo tried to engage with me in even after scum reading me.

Ok next on the list is NM, which requires a decent amount of meta reading, so I will continue in the morning.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 515, OutWorldER wrote:Panzer's play is...unimpressive but I also don't really see scum getting as stubborn as he's being? It's hard for me to put it into words. It feels like a towny trying to bait reactions.

Gamma's push onto him also feels really awful. I don't know how to describe this "reverse-engineered ro3" stuff as anything but nonsense. It feels too sudden and not earnest at all, and especially with such weak logic behind it.
If Panzer responds well enough to my questioning I'll probably move my vote, I've already stated the reverse engineered ro3 is not a strong point at all. It does, however, contribute to Panzer's scumminess when it comes to not doing anything to help people understand his thoughts and reasoning.
<Embrace The Void>

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 516, OutWorldER wrote:Trying to place Noraa's slot is a bitch considering all the fluff going on in this ISO. 242 gives me really bad scum pings I didn't pick up before and it reads as very deflective. I have no idea what to make of that conversation about opportunism considering I don't even really understand what people are saying there. 465 rings to me as a good post with a genuinely good point.

IDK, I'd go slight scumlean with a trend towards null on that slot right now.
I kinda love how the two posts u point out are both literally such random posts that aren't even any of the ones I considered scummy or townie. Like I had some posts that I, myself knew where sorta townie or sorta scummy. But u literally point out two of the most useless and random posts. Idk I just dont get why you cherry picked those two that mean absolutely nothing imo.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:45 pm

which two posts do you feel are the most AI for you?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 514, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Blitzo

imo its kind of shady for him to ask me for my opinion multiple times but when I say he's my top SR just ignore me and post 4 times without responding to it. shade thrown.
This vote and reasoning seems super incongruous with what you said was your style of sitting back and taking notes and what not. I was expecting more reasoning than this given your claims about how you were playing the game.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 pm

I don't like hitting people with walls - they are not conducive to discussion
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:57 pm