Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 4514, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious about the conditional
the difference between NY165 and the claim in this game is that 420 is claiming he can't use it two nights in a row

which is an added touch that makes me more inclined to believe it's a true claim for a variety of reasons (including the fact it's just a good way to gate it in a mini)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 4549, zMuffinMan wrote:youre feu
This is maybe the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me.

I'm going back and forth on this -- I will claim before day is over if people need it for clarity or we've decided we're mass claiming, but my role loses all utility if it's out in the open.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

non-consecutive white mage is just a dumb claim for scum because it's not like it gives any advantage to claim it over a more standard protective role (i.e. a counter-claim is gonna be a counter-claim regardless of how inventive you get with a fake-claim) and it's unlikely to be an actual scum role in a mini unless a vig exists
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Bell »

...Didn't Nacho just talk about a magical barrier?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 am

Post by morph the cat »

Bork I wish you had been around at the very tail end of day 1. Alas, the chance to see a real-time reaction to BeeMaria's last few posts died aborning.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:48 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Nah, Remelia, don’t claim today.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Bell »

In post 4048, Nachomamma8 wrote:
The day surrounding my trip began fairly normally, as far as a day in the life of College-cho went. My day was cleared specifically so I could do drugs, but I also was up late partying the night before and have a well-documented love of sleeping in, so by the time I had shuffled in and out of the communal shower and to the kitchen (our preferred location for doing drugs on the weekdays), Squeegee, my partner in crime, was the only one left in the room, and his eyes brightened in a way that would have set my scumdar ablaze if I wasn't currently processing the world through a hungover haze. Squeegee is a beautiful man and I loved him dearly, but he would often serve as either the mother of the group or the enabler. Much like his father, Squeegee was an incredibly warm and caring individual who also had a barely hidden sadistic streak and kind of just enjoyed watching the world burn. And so from this sketchy, sketchy man I took three or four tabs of a substance that I assumed was acid and downed them along with a beer poured from the basement tap.

And of course, nothing happened at first. Our trip sitter, a wise old graduate student who also served as a bit of a tastemaker in vice, had an initial panic attack about how much I took (it was apparently WAY more than Squeegee took, although I got conflicting stories on that as well), but the resolution was that as long as I didn't fall asleep while I was tripping balls, I wouldn't die. As you might imagine, this wasn't incredibly reassuring to hear when you're about to go on a trip, but I've always been a "roll with the punches" type of guy so I pushed it to the back of my mind and went about my day.

The first bit of a trip is always kind of scientific f
o
r me; I know that some shoe is about to drop but I don't exactly know the shape nor the nature of it (and sometimes these things are incredibly underwhelming), so
S
queegee and I mostly started out by chatting whether the skies were bluer, or if we were seeing cracks in the pavement that weren't there, or (always my f
a
vorite part), wondering if people in the outside world could pick us out a mile away and figure out that today we weren't on the same wavelen
g
th with them. It began to hit Squeegee first, who would secretly touch his left nipple, flinch, as if he'd been shocked, then giggle mercilessly. We also yanked a fairly sizeable group of friends with us to come with us to the beach to witness th
e
spectacle, where we chased each other around, wrestled on the grass, hung out on the beach.

It took until that moment for me to realize that I hit the point of no return; that I was officially headed off to somewhere else and it was going to be a doozy. I closed my eyes and I felt the world form barriers around me; the breez
e
from the beach that felt lovely before now was no longer shielding us from the summer sun, and now was enough to make you shiver, but this barrier around me protected me - the word
sanctuary
very solidly sticks in my mind whenever I think about it, but while the concept of a magical barrier surrounding me seems a
b
solutely ridiculous to a sober brain and the words and thoughts that went through my mind in the moment are now all gone - the feeling of being protected but also knowing that once I step outside of that circle of protection all hell was bound to break loose - that feeling I can still r
e
member as if all this crazy shit went down yesterday. I looked over at Squeegee, whose eyes were now a little wider with fear, as
i
f he was feeling the same thing I did and he k
n
ew we would need to move from it soon. I nodded at him. We looked at our trip sitter.

"Time to go?"

We nodded,
a
nd he dragged his two charges out into the world.

Less than 6 hours remain to submit those actions! You may submit them in your PTs, to Tammy, or to myself.
All the red letters posted so far btw:
shg oSagee Sanctuary beina.

@Morph, thanks for the meta dive.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

Oh is it time to talk about the second set of red letters?

It's a real place about two hours Southwest of Chicago.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4550, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 4514, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious about the conditional
the difference between NY165 and the claim in this game is that 420 is claiming he can't use it two nights in a row

which is an added touch that makes me more inclined to believe it's a true claim for a variety of reasons (including the fact it's just a good way to gate it in a mini)
Agreed, it's essentially a doctor that got moon cancer'd a bunch.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

prism's ISO is still a town ISO on rereading it

why do people think bork is town again?

gonna iso-dive that soon but i think i have to go to a boring meeting now
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

My role has something to do with Sanctuary.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by morph the cat »

shg

osage sanctuary be in a
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 4540, Remilia Scarlet wrote:I'm strongly considering it. I will potentially lose any utility but on the other hand if 420 is scum he is almost assuredly a scum pr
wut
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Bell »

Didn't Nacho say he would personalize any fake claim scum wanted?
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I imagine this is the type of game to do fake claims.

Also, side note, I'm modding an 8p Micro game with The Shape of Water film as the theme. 4 slots left, if anyone's looking for another game.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Is it a good idea to elim outside of the claims today?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I cannot vote for the white mage today.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4565, midwaybear wrote:Is it a good idea to elim outside of the claims today?
Ngl, I know it hasn’t been 48 hours yet but I want this explosion to be real more than anything i’ve ever wanted within the last hour or so.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:08 pm

In post 4554, morph the cat wrote:Bork I wish you had been around at the very tail end of day 1. Alas, the chance to see a real-time reaction to BeeMaria's last few posts died aborning.
?

If they claimed me as a target in the morning I'd have just claimed. utility of losing my claim in the case that they're scum is nothing compared to them miseliming both of us
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 4565, midwaybear wrote:Is it a good idea to elim outside of the claims today?
Probably not, maybe i’m expecting too much but how everyone is acting around these two claims and the claimants seems pretty off.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

I think the red letters are a separate sub story or alluding to where the flavor takes place
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:17 pm

I'm claiming, fuck it.

Brotherhood, Last Resort ("Catch You When You Fall Bro")

If scum were to hammer me, at ELO, game will not end, VC will be reset, and my role PM will be posted in the thread.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Really don't think 420 can both do that hella protect and me be able to stop an elim
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

your role only activates in lylo?
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 pm

yep.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”