MURDERCAT
(1):
OutWorldER
(1):
Blitzo
(1):

Not voting
(1):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-12 14:30:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 769, Noraa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 766, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 760, Noraa wrote:@Outworlder
I dont remember where we left of. Remind me pls
570:
In post 570, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 563, Noraa wrote:
In post 531, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 520, Noraa wrote:
In post 516, OutWorldER wrote:Trying to place Noraa's slot is a bitch considering all the fluff going on in this ISO. 242 gives me really bad scum pings I didn't pick up before and it reads as very deflective. I have no idea what to make of that conversation about opportunism considering I don't even really understand what people are saying there. 465 rings to me as a good post with a genuinely good point.

IDK, I'd go slight scumlean with a trend towards null on that slot right now.
I kinda love how the two posts u point out are both literally such random posts that aren't even any of the ones I considered scummy or townie. Like I had some posts that I, myself knew where sorta townie or sorta scummy. But u literally point out two of the most useless and random posts. Idk I just dont get why you cherry picked those two that mean absolutely nothing imo.
this post annoys me severely

242: You point out that Murdercat also didn't have much substance to his reads, which is fair tbh, but also means you are completely deflecting what is a very fair point. Pot calling the kettle black, essentially, and deflection is a very scummy tactic.

465: you did actually have a good point about Blitzo deflecting attention to kasu in his post and dismissing any pressure against him once again, which was kinda yikes and I'm surprised nobody pressed on that harder.

I pointed out these two posts because they were the ones I was able to read into at the time. I didn't really get pinged by any of other posts, so I either missed something or just didn't fine anything noteworthy about them that I hadn't already said.
I dont think scums need to "read into" anything so I could definitely see you just pointing out some random posts on me. And its stupid that ur being so fence sitty with one post of mine that "so so scummy" and another that's "so so town" and then the result is a SR? lel okay then. Im sorry but I just dont vibe with your reads and stuff. I feel like u put close to zero effort in and cling to people and tunnel. You haven't full on tunneled, no. But I think ur attention is not evenly distributed among all the players.
I legitimately do not know how to explain to you that you are not the decider of who finds what in your ISO towny or scummy. You can attack the reasoning but just saying "wow this is dumb I thought that post that I, myself, made was really random you should've pointed to [X] instead" is incredibly dis-earnest and just...I don't even know if I can describe it as logic.

I gave you my reasoning as to why those posts pinged me the way they did. Attack the reasoning behind it if you think it's bad reasoning/reading.

As for being fence sitty, I do admit that I was unclear in how that resulted in a scumlean. Your deflective tactics in 242 struck gave me a stronger scum ping than the town pings I got elsewhere.

And yes, my attention isn't evenly distributed. That's just sort of the nature of Mafia? I only have so much brain power and certain posts/players simply catch my attention more often. Who would you rather have me focus on? Who do you think I've not focused on enough?

okay and what's there that I need to reply to here? I dont see the point in dragging this convo out. It will get us absolutely nowhere and imo it'll just be a huge waste of time.
I asked you (in somewhat indirect terms I'll admit) if you felt the reasoning behind my thoughts was faulty. I feel like that's somewhat worthy of a response.

Either way, it's getting late here so I need to head to bed. I'll probably be back tomorrow night.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 770, Gamma Emerald wrote:responding to post 759:
well that townread on me was paper-thin. Here is what is probably a good example of scum formulating a plan of attack based on thread contents. I never fully pressed the attack until 718, though I started building to it in 716. I was not, however, trying to actually push Noraa in 715, I was merely correcting what I felt was an erroneous comment. Look at what I said and how I said it. I was being very diplomatic and courteous towards Noraa. Despite that, Noraa thinks I am attacking her there. That doesn't really confirm she did what I'm accusing her of, but it points to it, and even if that isn't the case she's still responding to a very unantagonistic post with a significant amount of defensiveness.
Outworld, since you called me out for seeming to do what Noraa actually likely did here, I expect some level of agreement here.
yeah I definitely didn't like the reasoning so I got some scummy pings
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Noraa »

didn't mean to quote that whoops

but also I think I've told u why my SR was there
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay so here's my rather overdue read list. I tried to make sure everything was current, the only thing I see having a decent chance of not being properly updated is my Kasumeat read, and he hasn't really changed position at all, just potentially my thoughts on him have changed

Outworld (has been solving a fair amount), Shea (his pushes have consistently made sense), The Bulge (has asked some pretty solid questions iirc)
Blitzo (his recent activities, even if they aren't pushing people I think are scum, are showing a decent amount of trying to push the game forward, still mildly bothered by his early actions, but they're being gradually reduced in how much they affect my read on him), Pooky (I just think he’s town, not much to really substantiate the read beyond my nebulous meta methods for him. I don't like that he's kinda the counterwagon to Noraa but I also don't think it's a scumled counterwagon)
duppin, NM, UG (NULL)
Murdercat (still kinda suspect her but I also don't think she's scum with Noraa, and Noraa is definitely the stronger read), Panzer (don’t like how he’s been handling questioning, but that is up for change. the reverse engineered ro3 is a point against him but nothing worth voting on its own, so if he starts responding better I’ll pull my vote)
Kasumeat (response to pressure has been pretty poor imo. Also seems focused on topics that revolve around him, which I’m not a fan of), Noraa (had already been concerning me at points, but now I feel like her actions are definitely scum motivated. It's like a bunch of bug bites versus an actual stab wound)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by PJ. »

super don't like the pooky votes
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Pooky has had no real pressure all game and has not really done a lot of solving. He gets some votes and all of a sudden he is giving a lot more. Why don't you like them then? Will you give us more if we all vote you?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 780, PJ. wrote:super don't like the pooky votes
glad im not the only one
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 779, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so here's my rather overdue read list. I tried to make sure everything was current, the only thing I see having a decent chance of not being properly updated is my Kasumeat read, and he hasn't really changed position at all, just potentially my thoughts on him have changed

Outworld (has been solving a fair amount), Shea (his pushes have consistently made sense), The Bulge (has asked some pretty solid questions iirc)
Blitzo (his recent activities, even if they aren't pushing people I think are scum, are showing a decent amount of trying to push the game forward, still mildly bothered by his early actions, but they're being gradually reduced in how much they affect my read on him), Pooky (I just think he’s town, not much to really substantiate the read beyond my nebulous meta methods for him. I don't like that he's kinda the counterwagon to Noraa but I also don't think it's a scumled counterwagon)
duppin, NM, UG (NULL)
Murdercat (still kinda suspect her but I also don't think she's scum with Noraa, and Noraa is definitely the stronger read), Panzer (don’t like how he’s been handling questioning, but that is up for change. the reverse engineered ro3 is a point against him but nothing worth voting on its own, so if he starts responding better I’ll pull my vote)
Kasumeat (response to pressure has been pretty poor imo. Also seems focused on topics that revolve around him, which I’m not a fan of), Noraa (had already been concerning me at points, but now I feel like her actions are definitely scum motivated. It's like a bunch of bug bites versus an actual stab wound)
~fence sitting~
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 772, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 765, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@MC

That's not what I am saying at all.

His case is currently based on actions I have committed and playstyle. It is not based on his perception of my alignment.
It's like it goes in one ear and out the other.

You are not scumhunting, I have pointed to your actions and specific posts because I believe they make the point that you are not scumhunting. This lack of scumhunting makes me think that you are scum.

Is that clear enough?
Ping me when you wake up and I'll go over some things with you.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 781, MURDERCAT wrote:Pooky has had no real pressure all game and has not really done a lot of solving. He gets some votes and all of a sudden he is giving a lot more. Why don't you like them then? Will you give us more if we all vote you?
ig the pressures good to get pooky to talk a bit more. Im not fond of flash wagons bc I have bad experience with them but I do understand it in this case.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

In post 781, MURDERCAT wrote:Pooky has had no real pressure all game and has not really done a lot of solving. He gets some votes and all of a sudden he is giving a lot more. Why don't you like them then? Will you give us more if we all vote you?
Yes I tend to interact with people who vote me because it's a very good way to read whether they actually believe their case on me.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 783, Noraa wrote:
In post 779, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay so here's my rather overdue read list. I tried to make sure everything was current, the only thing I see having a decent chance of not being properly updated is my Kasumeat read, and he hasn't really changed position at all, just potentially my thoughts on him have changed

duppin, NM, UG (NULL)
~fence sitting~
actually how though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just noticed I forgot the edit my panzer read explanation
<Embrace The Void>

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 786, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Yes I tend to interact with people who vote me because it's a very good way to read whether they actually believe their case on me.
Yes I agree with you. So even you like the votes. Why does panzer dislike them then? They are advancing the game
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Would you like to go over your vote with me now? Blitzo is not here and Outworld is sleeping ^^
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 790, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Would you like to go over your vote with me now? Blitzo is not here and Outworld is sleeping ^^
I'd be happy to
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:37 pm

ok this is the part where you say:

"I believe Pooky is scum because ________"
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I feel like I explained it both in my read list and in the explanation of why your post pinged me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:56 pm

just copy paste the relevant parts then.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 576, MURDERCAT wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
Meta was useless for Pooky I think. Maybe there is a tendency to vote less as scum, but I don’t really know. Honestly don’t feel great about 223. I’m not sure I really looked that much better than Blitzo there and it would make sense for at least one scum to side with me. I feel like 253 is kind of similarly weird to me. Yes, I realized that I also pushed those players, but it is consistent with my playstyle of pushing lots of random stuff on day 1. But pooky apparently takes a game solving approach without putting people on edge. So why these weird pushes on Gamma that don’t really feel like they have a clear purpose? Obviously I do agree with Pooky about 352. I disagree about 404, I don’t think this game is moving quickly enough to warrant a wait and see approach. Agree with Shea about 514, but I could see 528 being genuine. So I’m not really sure where that leaves me on Pooky, but I am going to assume he is a strong scum player so I am going to trust the things that are pinging me rather than the things that look towny.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 740, MURDERCAT wrote:I know I am still working on my reread but I'm ok with my vote sitting here for now based on that last post that pinged me

VOTE: Pooky

That was one of Pooky's most substantial posts all game and it was super defensive. It also comes with what seems like somewhat of an assumption that outworld is scum but I haven't seen anything in Pooky's iso that suggests there is a scum read there.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:59 pm

ok so which part of that would you like me to address? specifically which part of that shows Pooky = Scum?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ah I see you want me to question you. Tbh I think I respect you as a player enough that I'm not going to use a push on you to try to sort you the way I did with blitzo and Noraa, I don't expect you to scum slip under pressure.

Why don't you tell me two people you think are never scum together and why?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

you just said you don't respect me or blitz as players

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”