NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:25 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Talitha wrote:Fishbulb, lulu, Nanook & MMCL, in particular, strike me as being conspicuously quiet
It's funny, cause I think that we are the line up of players you just mentioned are the exact ones that you suspect in Town.

I haven't really been all that quiet I don't think, I mean I clearly stated as to why I think that Fuldu is scum. Not because of any previous reasons ya'll stated, but because he wouldn't claim.

I know you guys have discussed it and said it's possible that he is still town, but I still think he is mafia and would like to keep my vote on him til I see something else otherwise.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:58 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Talitha wrote:Fishbulb, lulu, Nanook & MMCL, in particular, strike me as being conspicuously quiet.
Yeah, sorry. I keep finding myself losing interest in this game. When I read over posts, I just don't have much to say. I'll try to be better, I promise! :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

vote Fuldu

There's been enough time. That's one away from a lynch.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:13 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

my vote's been cast, i dont really know what else i can say. i can only work with what information i'm given, and i don't feel i have much else to go on at this point.
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:53 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Waiting for a last reaction from Fuldu....
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:55 am

Post by Fuldu »

(Mod note- Nanook editted this post of Fuldu's; his quote is mostly complete, IIRC)
fuldu wrote:Again, I don't know what else to say. Nanook finds me suspicious because I refuse to claim, but in this situation, I think that refusing to claim sets a positive precedent and claiming would set a negative one. I find him slightly suspicious for thinking it would be to the town's benefit for me to do so. I've tried to examine what some people have considered an incongruity between my Town behavior and my Village behavior. I don't think they're incongruous, and if they are it isn't obvious why people think that means I'm scum here and town there, and not vice-versa. I don't feel I've done anything to merit lynching, but I recognize that it often isn't necessary for people to have a reason on Day One.
NanookTheWolf wrote:
fuldu wrote:Again, I don't know what else to say. Nanook finds me suspicious because I refuse to claim, but in this situation, I think that refusing to claim sets a positive precedent and claiming would set a negative one. I find him slightly suspicious for thinking it would be to the town's benefit for me to do so. I've tried to examine what some people have considered an incongruity between my Town behavior and my Village behavior. I don't think they're incongruous, and if they are it isn't obvious why people think that means I'm scum here and town there, and not vice-versa. I don't feel I've done anything to merit lynching, but I recognize that it often isn't necessary for people to have a reason on Day One.
You know come time to claim in other games, I don't ever see you have a problem, what's so special about this one? Just because I suspect you as scum for not claiming doesn't mean that I think any different of you in the other thread just so you know. In other words if you are scum here, it doesn't mean that I automatically assume that you're town in the town thread.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:29 am

Post by the silent speaker »

The silence of the town is worrying me. It's been a day and a half since the last post.
Silgado:
If he's a town role that's weak, he's right, if we lynch him, we keep ourselves from rabidly outing an important role.

If he's skum and he's trying to escape by claiming "I'm a weak pro-town role, ignore me."

I'm not really worried about the flaw right now, because I doubt that it's the case.
Why did you not see fit to mention what the flaw is, if you doubt it so?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:17 am

Post by willows_weep »

I don't know.
Talitha never claimed, and Fuldu isn't going to right?
The similiar stance is what strikes me as odd.
I mean if anyone is the positive rolemodel it's Talitha.
You know to set the point.
But as far as having someone else actually say they are taking the stance to purposely get send the point across....Just slightly bothers me.

Though Fuldus post 500 with an explanation of why a no claim feels different from Talithas. Plus they are two different situations. No one is claiming any type of knowledge.

I get the point of both players seperately. But then I ask "where does this leave us?"
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Fuldu wrote:
You know come time to claim in other games, I don't ever see you have a problem, what's so special about this one? Just because I suspect you as scum for not claiming doesn't mean that I think any different of you in the other thread just so you know. In other words if you are scum here, it doesn't mean that I automatically assume that you're town in the town thread.
I'm confused. That isn't your quote, is it?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

Oh - I think someone edited Fuldu's post instead of quoting it. (post 530)
Who has theme park modabilities? Nanook?
Can we get that fixed up?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

I don't mean Nanook should fix it - I meant I think he might have done it.
If that wasn't clear.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:45 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, I didnt.
But I am confused.
Is the post switched around?

Lol, I dont even remember how it was originally. And I know I read the last 2-3 pages over again earlier today...
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

wow some actual information. Like I said, I don't see Fuldu as scummy but I also understand his point about not exposing other roles players to bandwagoning and limiting the info out.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:07 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

the silent speaker wrote: Silgado:
If he's a town role that's weak, he's right, if we lynch him, we keep ourselves from rabidly outing an important role.

If he's skum and he's trying to escape by claiming "I'm a weak pro-town role, ignore me."

I'm not really worried about the flaw right now, because I doubt that it's the case.
TSS, that was me. And I really cannot think of why I didn't come out with the flaw outright. The flaw would be that he's a cop or doc, using this as a ploy to escape suspicion, just like the scum scenario. But again, I doubt it.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well I guess this bandwagon isn't going to go away so we might as well lynch and move on...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Fishbulb wrote:I'm confused. That isn't your quote, is it?
The interior is what I originally posted there. The exterior is not something I wrote. I believe it is as Talitha said, that someone edited my post rather than quoting it.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:15 pm

Post by Wacky »

willows_weep wrote:I don't know.
Talitha never claimed, and Fuldu isn't going to right?
The similiar stance is what strikes me as odd.
I mean if anyone is the positive rolemodel it's Talitha.
You know to set the point.
But as far as having someone else actually say they are taking the stance to purposely get send the point across....Just slightly bothers me.

Though Fuldus post 500 with an explanation of why a no claim feels different from Talithas. Plus they are two different situations. No one is claiming any type of knowledge.
At this point I sense that if I unvoted, a lot of people would be very annoyed, so I think I'll just have to ask:

Are you trying to claim doc?

Cos if you are, you'd be better off just claiming it, because this bandwagon has too much inertia to go away otherwise.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I am trying not to claim anything, willows_weep. I've said I'm not a terribly strong or important role (which is more than I wanted to say, even still), so you can infer what you like from that. I'm making the argument that it is for the benefit of the town that I (or most anyone who is bandwagoned Day One) not claim, and try to have you judge me on the basis of my actions. I don't believe my actions today have been scummy, but clearly there are those who disagree.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:02 pm

Post by willows_weep »

ooo I don't think you're trying to claim.
Are you meaning Wacky?

But your last post makes me see that you mean specifically not claiming on day one.

Oki

Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:04 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yes, I did mean Wacky, w_w. Sorry. I think I fixated on the name in the quote, not at the head of the post.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:27 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Yes, that is my bad ... I accidentally pressed edit instead of quote, or at least that could be what'll explain that mess. :oops:
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:48 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Huh? What did you edit?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:09 am

Post by Fuldu »

He edited my post 530, FD. At least, that's the best explanation we've been able to come up with for why my post is now a quote inside something that Nanook admits to having written. He has mod powers on this board, so he probably just hit edit instead of quote. I'm the one acted upon and I'm the one about to be lynched, and even I think it was just an innocent mistake, so I don't think there's any reason to get worked up about it.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:05 am

Post by Norinel »

I saw the post before it got editted, and I think Nanook quoted most of it. Editted that post to address it.

Vote Count

Fuldu- 7 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf, Mgm, Save The Dragons)
PeaceBringer- 2 (willows_weep, Fuldu)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Silgado106

8 to lynch.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:41 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Yeah, no biggie. It just confused me when it seemed that Fuldu was arguing with himself, and then confused me even more when I couldn't find the original post of that quote.

I think I gotta go with the same thinking as yesterday. We gotta lynch someone. No one really has anything to add, so we are just stuck here until we are deadlined. Let's get this over with.

Vote: Fuldu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”