OutWorldER
(2): ,
Panzerjager
(1):
Thestatusquo
(1):

Not voting
(2): PookyTheMagicalBear,

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-23 22:50:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay working towards finishing part 3 now.
In post 1965, Noraa wrote:my play here and mafiasunny are so fucking different you don't even know. Literally I was a damn try hard there that pocketed everyone like I was gonna die if I didnt. My play here has been bullshit which I understand gamma, you thought my play was bullshit in mafiasunny but the only reason for that is that you were conftown so you knew I was confscum bc of ur role pm. I ultimately won that round because people believed I was more towny than you. That in itself says something. You cannot just say my play there was a hot mess and my play here is a hot mess so I am scum here bc the ONLY reason you thought my play that game was a hot mess was bc I threw lots of shade at you and you knew I was confscum.
In post 1966, Noraa wrote:My play that game was not a hot mess otherwise I wouldn't have won. I won bc they found me MORE towny than you in limlo. That means my play was not indeed a hot mess. I had some trouble distancing with my partners which got me in some hot water early on in that game. I have distanced from no one here. I am getting SRed here for not solving.
In post 1967, Noraa wrote:But in that scum game I literally won for being the only person there that was actively "trying to solve"
In post 1968, Noraa wrote:Do you not see a problem in your argument?
In post 1969, Noraa wrote:And also I killed duppin because I was afraid he would connect the dots. This is so far fetched I don't even know what to say. You really think my whole two scum buddies would be like oh yes yes you are clearly the most important scum out of us three so we're going to kill off everyone that might sus u? no wtf. today would be bus day.
In post 1970, Noraa wrote:*connect the dots?
So this entire mass of responses all feels like one block of thought so I will respond in kind. I'm probably going to sound very confusing, as an advance warning, due to some out-of-game things making my thought process err towards the incomprehensible.

You can't really assert that your play changes from game to game and then attempt to talk down my case by saying your play was different. I already have made the point that there are things that line up despite the play being different. My mind allows me to hone in on certain things others would never approach fathoming. That is to say, I notice a lot of details others would not think to look out. The details I've noticed tell me you've been working from a similar motive in both this game and MafiaSunny. Lashing out at docile posts that appear to threaten your position, trying to placate me with assertion I am as normal despite lack of evidence to say such things, coming into the day with strong direction of presenting yourself as towny as possible, it all speaks to one end: preserving your image. You are concerned about how you're perceived, which while not immediately suspicious, seems to be a trend matching up with your scum self, based on the way you presented your prior scumgames at one point here. In addition you seem to feel vulnerable in a way that scum tend to exhibit, where you are concerned about your shortcomings and seek to dress them up to hide them.

On to the next concern. You present my feelings like I only felt your play in MafiaSunny was highly suspect once we were diametrically opposed, but that was not the case. Despite wavering, I had felt your play in that game was suspicious well before then. It just never became the primary focus of things for a good while, thanks to your scumbuddy Reck drawing the heat away from you.

As for your play being perceived as more towny in the other game, you were being townread for presenting a strong solving mindset, which you had explicitly forced yourself to do between your day opening post pushing your agenda, your incessant activity outpacing everyone else by miles, and constantly stating opinions that served more to deceive or position yourself well than to truly attempt to solve the game. Had I better composure, I could have talked down that perception of you, but the pace of everything and the fact everyone except duppin seemed to be on your side made it hard to articulate anything that would aid my case.
I have experienced the same difficulty in responding to people who outpace my ability to counter their points against me before. In my very first game on site, I was being pushed by the town player Zyf who was utterly convinced I was scum for a good while upon replacing into the game, and he was responding so quickly and aggressively to my attempts at rebuke that I couldn't keep up and found myself at a loss for how to ward off his assault. Had Infinity324 not stepped in and countered his onslaught for me, I would have likely become a smear upon the ground, or at the very least had my role exposed earlier than I would have liked. So it is not really a fair evaluation to say you truly acted more towny, you merely appealed to the sensibilities of those who stood poised to judge you.

You say you're getting pushed here for not solving and you having been seen as solving in the other game should be evidence to the contrary of what I am saying, but that is preposterous. If you truly believe yourself to act differently between game for reasons not associated with your own alignment, should it not matter whether you were solving in that game, as your difference in play could extend to how much you solved? Even beyond that, whether you are solving or not isn't the issue, the issue is your confidence and faith in your own solving powers. In both games you have shown an intense level of doubt, whether it be you waffling on skies or you failing to pick out a suspicion to press despite explicitly naming one just prior. And in this game in particular, you have demonstrated willingness to act on suspicion quickly as well, in an instance where it made little sense, by suddenly agreeing with the suspicions on me despite having stuck to the story that I had been acting as my normal presumed-town self until just then. You're not genuinely solving, you're just putting on a solving face and hoping everyone buys it. It was the case then and it's the case now.

In addition, it seems you've spoken a bit too far, as when it came to MafiaSunny I would figure the duppin kill was to avoid getting detected, and you said nothing about whether he could connect the dots in your scum PT there, so I'm thinking you may have made a very critical error in your fervor to rebut me.

All in all this response from Noraa was entirely ineffectual at getting me to rethink my position and has actually made me dig my heels in a bit harder in some spots.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Trying to catch up, I apologize for not giving my all here I've kind of run out of energy for long-term stuff. Sometimes I think N_M has the right idea on how to play Mafia lol.

I will try to organize my thoughts later tonight. My first impressions are that holy shit I hate cases built on meta and while I'm pretty sure there is scum in Gamma v. Noraa I'm not entirely certain which person it is.

UNVOTE:

There is some stuff against me I'll need to address but right now I just do not have the energy.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Noraa »

These unvotes are really interesting. Not sure if I will be able to read into them fairly but I'll try to later. Gamma I'm not engaging that case anymore. It's 100% meta based. Even if there were similarities, that'd be normal considering no matter what my role pm says, I am still myself. You haven't looked at my town games. You have only looked at one singular scum game that you lost in. I think that results in a very biased read that is also a terribly small sample size. If you want to use my meta to attack me, you should look at all my games or at the very very minimum, one town game and one scum game. Then you can talk. Otherwise especially with my being a new player and an unstable playstyle, you cannot prove anything.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Noraa »

*and having an unstable playstyle
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think the scum team is {noraa, OutworldER} + one of {The bulge, panzer}

Though I don't think I can rule out N_M Pooky or blitzo either.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Noraa »

If you hadn't taken a long break from ms, I would call you scum for the above post.

normally mini's have 3 scums. I dont think I've seen one that only has two ever before.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You would call me scum for not knowing how many scum there are? Crazy.

Additionally if you read my post you'd see I'm saying there are 3.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

A set of 2 plus one is three it turns out
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

But I just find it completely baffling that you would say someone is scum because they don't know how many scum are in the game? That's literally the exact opposite of a scum slip. lmao.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

On the other hand, it IS interesting that you so quickly picked up that the number of scum might be wrong.

Perhaps because you know how many there are?

See, now that IS a scum slip.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also the last mini normal I ran on this site had 6 scum.

Apropos of nothing, just fun trivia.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Noraa »

Incorrect. It's bc I just won a scum game where I forced a townslip saying there were 2 scum when I very well knew there were 3
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Noraa »

Read it wrong cuz I thought u said ONE of {} and ONE of {}
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2037, Noraa wrote:Incorrect. It's bc I just won a scum game where I forced a townslip saying there were 2 scum when I very well knew there were 3
In post 1811, Thestatusquo wrote:
I were scum buddies bc those role pms always say something like you are scum with blah
This reads like someone who is attempting to fake townslip.
hmmm
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2039, Thestatusquo wrote:I were scum buddies bc those role pms always say something like you are scum with blah
that wasn't even a townslip but ok?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm implying you didnt get a scum role PM.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

Oh. U've said too much about me being scum that I basically take everything you say like that at this point but yeah ur right that's what was implied
But anyways, I doubt that small a thing would be even close to enough to make your SR flip to a TR so eh
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I meant to say It's implying.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

But interesting to see you admit you were intentionally trying to imply you didn't receive a scum PM
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Noraa »

I did not..?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Noraa »

I dont purposefully townslip when I'm town :/
plus that wasn't even a townslip anyways so I dont understand how any of this applies
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

But you just said it was a townslip when you thought I was suggesting it made you town.

:thinking:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

noraa did you town slip or not?

you can tell us we are friends :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
UneducatedGuesser
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
UneducatedGuesser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by UneducatedGuesser »

Sorry, work stuff again.

Working through reread the game with an eye to this...
In post 2030, Thestatusquo wrote:I think the scum team is {noraa, OutworldER} + one of {The bulge, panzer}

Though I don't think I can rule out N_M Pooky or blitzo either.
Not because of Shea's opinion in particular, it's just the most recent reference, but there seems to be a prevailing wind where a couple of people I've been townreading to a greater or lesser degree (Bulge, Outworld) aren't being looked at the same way by a decent portion of the plist and I'm trying to see if I see it.
Potentially V/LA every weekend - there's something surprisingly regular about sudden, unforeseen work emergencies.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”