They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3121, petapan wrote:
In post 3027, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2989, SirCakez wrote:Well for starters I'd argue that both only becoming active when all of the conftown came out is scum indicative in itself
Both have been essentially attacking and trying to discredit the other people in the not-conftown pool who suspect them when it should be pretty obvious to both of them why they are suspected
uh, why is that first thing scum indicative? all the conftown coming out narrowed the pool significantly, making it easier to get a footing in this game. if anything, i would say disappearing when all the conftown appear is scummier, since you would imagine scum could get discouraged when that happens.
what

no that's like the exact opposite of reality and should be especially clear from your POV

look at it this way: we are in a reality where, unless you or bell are scum, virtually the entire groupscum faction went largely under the radar on day 1 and faced no serious pressure. sure, the traitor died, but up until now, whoever it is has done a very good job of keeping out of the spotlight. they have been successfully flying under the radar. suddenly half the game is claiming masons and the pool of potential votes just got very, very narrow. whoever it is can no longer afford to simply hide away, they have to suddenly appear the most town, they have to show WIM and effort, a sudden burst is likely to get viewed favorably.

like, no one here is a fucking slouch who's going to just quit when things get a little tricky and i don't know why you'd assume that people would get demotivated
i understand and agree when you put it like that. i guess i was just thinking in more simplistic terms. for me, my day 1 trouble was a mixtue of outside stress but also like, having trouble figuring out where to even start with everything going. so when suddenly like half the playerlist is off the table, i found it waaaay less daunting to come in and get a grip on the game.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 3123, fferyllt wrote:...

goddamnit

Can grpscum Bell convincingly act this out of touch with the game data?
I think literally everyone in the elimpool not named petapan is flat out ignoring major components of the game thread. They can't all be true.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

like, i guess it is for some people but i tend not to think of lurking as an actual strategy but instead just a consequence of your level of investment in the game. and that can be influenced by ones' alignment (though generally you need to cross-reference that with lots of meta obviously) and the state of the game.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

I’m trying to figure out how much I be.ieve bell is this out of touch. Like he knows about gamma’s (my!) theory on multiple traitors, but not the claims? He did post on a page where gamma talked about that theory, but like &#&#&@&##*#*#&&#@&*#=&#&@*
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3094, Bell wrote:I’m just waiting for someone to have a shitty vote other than cakes with his trejectory issue where he looked like he got permission to vote me and so he did.
I wasn't "waiting for permission" I voted you because of the Hi There post
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Join the Bell wagon choo choo
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

How can Bell know me and porky are lovers but aren’t masons
GTKAS
| here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2485, Bell wrote:
In post 2477, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2358, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm probably going to have to suspend my catch up soon so I'll post what my reads are rn so I can work off the list when I start back up

conftown: cabd, jake, tammy, ffer, SS, Alisae, Pooky
townreads: bell
townleans: peta
unsorted: bulge, mwb
tentative scumlean: nahdia
scumreads: DS, cakez
Borrowing this~

Also why is cakez a scum lean.

Conftown: Cabd, Jake, Tammy, FF, SS, Alisae, Pooky.
Town reads: Cakez.
LT: Gamma.
Can die pool: Bulge, Nahdia, DS, Peta.

Isn't this game already locked?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

Uh. Yeah.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1879, petapan wrote:ffery, tammy, jake conftown.
midwaybear free space.
cakez town. cabd likely town because all his top townreads are likely town so if scum he'd be boxing himself out. coming around on s_s town toward the end of the day. feel fairly good about gamma town as well. i'll call pooky town too even though that's one more townread than i need.

scum in {Bell, Alisae, Bulge, DS, Nahdia}

might be one of those games
GTKAS
| here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

He has more than one post showing that he was aware of the number of “comfirmed” town in this game.

What the hell is he doing if he’s town?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

Ffery? Last call for schrodinger's doorway.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Pass.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

If the town in the lurkmasspool could stop being so goddamn oblivious so we can find you?

Yeah that would be swell.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Bell is just making up reads I think
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3135, Tammy wrote:He has more than one post showing that he was aware of the number of “comfirmed” town in this game.

This is an internal versus external issue.
Alisae and pookie are going with the thinnest veneer of hunting.
When I said who cares what cakes reads are (I.e., all town) I meant that town are wrong all the time so his reasons and whether they’re believeable or not is more important than whether or not he was right. Post flip this analysis matters more.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3127, Nahdia wrote:like, i guess it is for some people but i tend not to think of lurking as an actual strategy but instead just a consequence of your level of investment in the game. and that can be influenced by ones' alignment (though generally you need to cross-reference that with lots of meta obviously) and the state of the game.
there are a number of people for whom lurking is a strategy, and in a large game avoiding attention that way is probably even a good idea a lot of the time. but it may not have been intentional, it doesn't really matter. it was just striking to me as i was rereading, because it seemed like 90% of the posts were from people who are now claimed masons, and discussion naturally revolved around mostly active people. there were virtually no wagons of any consequence. because of that it's not particularly easy to pick out who is scummy, as i was kind of assuming. (but then, given the sheer fucking umber of people who don't seem to understand the current claims, maybe scum are demotivated, i don't fucking know)
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Bell »

I am just extremely weirded out by the claims and the play this game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

Bell it feels like every calendar day you come in here like this is a brand new game everyday.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

Must be a new form of lolcatting
GTKAS
| here.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2846, midwaybear wrote:I don't have many reads right now (and maybe this will continue). I am still reading Nahdia as town, but my townread of Gamma has went away. Everyone else is null. I know this might be disappointing, but oh well.
why has your townread of gamma gone away?
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3140, Bell wrote:
In post 3135, Tammy wrote:He has more than one post showing that he was aware of the number of “comfirmed” town in this game.

When I said who cares what cakes reads are (I.e., all town) I meant that town are wrong all the time so his reasons and whether they’re believeable or not is more important than whether or not he was right. Post flip this analysis matters more.
I don't understand how that's a response to my post. I don't care about your cakez thing.

I care that it seems like you're pretending like there's something that you don't know that you obviously did know.

I wouldn't care if you were saying the claims didn't make sense to you. Don't care if you were poking at the claims. I do care that earlier you said the game was on lock, showed no concern about the claims in the moment, then today seem like you don't know something you did know.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3143, Tammy wrote:Bell it feels like every calendar day you come in here like this is a brand new game everyday.
Based on how much my reads are flipping and flopping this checks out.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2855, SirCakez wrote:I don't really like doing readslists because I feel like on certain players I end forcing reads that I don't really feel good about
i have never felt able to relate to someone as a mafia player so much before now. this has nothing to do with this game just on a playstyle level, man, i am the exact same way
In post 2855, SirCakez wrote:2845 seems performative and forced.
i don't understand what's "performative" about that ISO, though. i don't agree with the conclusions nahdia makes at all really but this is a weird assessment to me
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3146, Tammy wrote:
In post 3140, Bell wrote:

I don't understand how that's a response to my post. I don't care about your cakez thing.

I care that it seems like you're pretending like there's something that you don't know that you obviously did know.

I wouldn't care if you were saying the claims didn't make sense to you. Don't care if you were poking at the claims. I do care that earlier you said the game was on lock, showed no concern about the claims in the moment, then today seem like you don't know something you did know.
Pretty much the voluntary nature of the claims and the rule of weird along with my propensity to outwardly believe all claims while internally being extremely skeptical of every claim results in what you see before you.

Translation: I tend to believe proactive claims even though i’ve Been burned by them recently but it makes me lean that they’re true. The dethy being the exception because it’s mechanically impossible for the entire team to not be game throwing if they’re lying.

Lower down you have Cabd/S_S and Pooky/Alisae where things aren’t as clear cut. Are they lying about parts of their role or the whole thing?

I tend to believe in the role of weird: where the weirder a claim is the more likely i’m to believe they wouldn’t make it up. It’s weird for Cabd to claim as a mason as scum with a scum
Partner
It’s weird for pooky to claim as a doctor with a lover when there’s a limited life expectancy attached. Which is the part I processed while skipping over the masons part in my brain.

This makes both claims believable or likely to come from town. But alisae’s and pooky’s Play are sending alarm bells down my fucking spine.

I externally believe all claims because I think it baits the scum team into killing them so I don’t drive myself crazy thinking about it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”