petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2857, SirCakez wrote:Tammy can you help me parse Petapan? I am not sure how to read him really. My TR on him rn is basically just based on his content and scumhunting.
that seems like a good way to read me idk

tammy hasn't seen me as scum and i haven't had a meaningful (non-marathon) forum scumgame in 5 or 6 years so how i'd even play it is mostly theoretical at this point. i think i'd be playing this day phase a little more confidently than i have been.
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3148, petapan wrote:
In post 2855, SirCakez wrote:2845 seems performative and forced.
i don't understand what's "performative" about that ISO, though. i don't agree with the conclusions nahdia makes at all really but this is a weird assessment to me
I just think it was kind of an overtly roundabout and unnecessary way to say that they liked Bulge because of their increased activity and motivation
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3148, petapan wrote:
In post 2855, SirCakez wrote:I don't really like doing readslists because I feel like on certain players I end forcing reads that I don't really feel good about
i have never felt able to relate to someone as a mafia player so much before now. this has nothing to do with this game just on a playstyle level, man, i am the exact same way
In post 2855, SirCakez wrote:2845 seems performative and forced.
i don't understand what's "performative" about that ISO, though. i don't agree with the conclusions nahdia makes at all really but this is a weird assessment to me
3rd, I don’t want to force my reads.but there’s a deadline to these things.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3121, petapan wrote:
In post 3027, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2989, SirCakez wrote:Well for starters I'd argue that both only becoming active when all of the conftown came out is scum indicative in itself
Both have been essentially attacking and trying to discredit the other people in the not-conftown pool who suspect them when it should be pretty obvious to both of them why they are suspected
uh, why is that first thing scum indicative? all the conftown coming out narrowed the pool significantly, making it easier to get a footing in this game. if anything, i would say disappearing when all the conftown appear is scummier, since you would imagine scum could get discouraged when that happens.
what

no that's like the exact opposite of reality and should be especially clear from your POV

look at it this way: we are in a reality where, unless you or bell are scum, virtually the entire groupscum faction went largely under the radar on day 1 and faced no serious pressure. sure, the traitor died, but up until now, whoever it is has done a very good job of keeping out of the spotlight. they have been successfully flying under the radar. suddenly half the game is claiming masons and the pool of potential votes just got very, very narrow. whoever it is can no longer afford to simply hide away, they have to suddenly appear the most town, they have to show WIM and effort, a sudden burst is likely to get viewed favorably.

like, no one here is a fucking slouch who's going to just quit when things get a little tricky and i don't know why you'd assume that people would get demotivated

In post 3032, Alisae wrote:And I also think if Bell is scum, Peta is very likely going to be their buddy
nah, but if he flips red (something i find myself waffling on quite a bit) i'll tell you who to bet the game on and then i don't care if i die
Peta, why are you waffling on my read of me?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Bell »

It occurs to me that when I say the rule of weird what I really mean is: “does it make sense for scum to claim this given game and win conditions?”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 3150, petapan wrote:
In post 2857, SirCakez wrote:Tammy can you help me parse Petapan? I am not sure how to read him really. My TR on him rn is basically just based on his content and scumhunting.

tammy hasn't seen me as scum and i haven't had a meaningful (non-marathon) forum scumgame in 5 or 6 years so how i'd even play it is mostly theoretical at this point. i think i'd be playing this day phase a little more confidently than i have been.
as someone who watched peta annihilate the town in that marathon game as scum - I'm pretty sure nobody can read the guy :3.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2889, Cabd wrote:
In post 2886, fferyllt wrote:Cabd, petapan: thoughts about trying gth?
Gamestate too topheavy. Something for day four or so
i actually disagree with this, the time for that sort of thing was day 1 or the start of day 2 when the field was more open. as things are, the field is too narrow, you're not as likely to get useful data. even if the scumteam are disconnected from the thread right now, they're much more likely to be coordinated in their approach which make things less useful - they know they have to push certain people, they know they have to do a certain amount of distancing. town are also going to be more self-conscious - you're more likely to get a lot of people with exactly 3 scum reads, for instance. but then, that was a technique i stole from someone on another website and used as an experiment, it's not something that i feel is even a reliable tool for me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3155, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3150, petapan wrote:

as someone who watched peta annihilate the town in that marathon game as scum - I'm pretty sure nobody can read the guy :3.
a marathon game is going to rely significantly more on fast-talking and faking in the moment reactions, it's akin to sleight of hand. i can't play a forum game the same way i would a chat one
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I find deception to be harder in real-time than in forum, so it just raises how much scarier I think you would be as scum :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3156, petapan wrote:
In post 2889, Cabd wrote:
In post 2886, fferyllt wrote:Cabd, petapan: thoughts about trying gth?
Gamestate too topheavy. Something for day four or so
i actually disagree with this, the time for that sort of thing was day 1 or the start of day 2 when the field was more open. as things are, the field is too narrow, you're not as likely to get useful data. even if the scumteam are disconnected from the thread right now, they're much more likely to be coordinated in their approach which make things less useful - they know they have to push certain people, they know they have to do a certain amount of distancing. town are also going to be more self-conscious - you're more likely to get a lot of people with exactly 3 scum reads, for instance. but then, that was a technique i stole from someone on another website and used as an experiment, it's not something that i feel is even a reliable tool for me
Yeah, I've been thinking it's a missed opportunity, but wanted other opinions.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2682, Alisae wrote:
@Conftown

What do you guys think of asking the other 8 villagers to get some wagons going.
Having 2-3 wagons happening would really help me out a lot and unless all of those 8 people agree on 1 individual, no one is going to die so it should be fine.

Ideally I would like to see Nahdia, DS, or Bell wagons but up to ywall
This tripped me up and I thought it was weird too.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Bell »

The way e’s talking makes it sound like e’s not conf town with everyone else.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3158, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I find deception to be harder in real-time than in forum, so it just raises how much scarier I think you would be as scum :3
face to face, maybe. in chat games i was generally very good scum but found it very hard to adapt to the forum game until i started using the playstyle i have on this account. and even then in 2013 i lost motivation and played like dogshit which is why i don't really know where my game would be at. but mostly i don't think i've been
that
hard to read this game so having reads thrown my way based largely on paranoia and not anything i've actually done is very irritating
free crypto
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3160, Bell wrote:
In post 2682, Alisae wrote:
@Conftown

What do you guys think of asking the other 8 villagers to get some wagons going.
Having 2-3 wagons happening would really help me out a lot and unless all of those 8 people agree on 1 individual, no one is going to die so it should be fine.

Ideally I would like to see Nahdia, DS, or Bell wagons but up to ywall
This tripped me up and I thought it was weird too.
I wrote that because cabd mentioned sometime earlier that he didn't want people being voted or something
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Bell »

But then they flip and act like they are conf town. So i don’t get.
There’s just this disconnect between behavior and roles. I’m sorry if this leads to me getting more fucked than I already was but them’s the breaks of having an opinion.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3162, petapan wrote:
In post 3158, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I find deception to be harder in real-time than in forum, so it just raises how much scarier I think you would be as scum :3
face to face, maybe. in chat games i was generally very good scum but found it very hard to adapt to the forum game until i started using the playstyle i have on this account. and even then in 2013 i lost motivation and played like dogshit which is why i don't really know where my game would be at. but mostly i don't think i've been
that
hard to read this game so having reads thrown my way based largely on paranoia and not anything i've actually done is very irritating
If it makes you feel better, i’m scum reading you for things you’ve done.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

its not ur fault you randed scum
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3166, Alisae wrote:its not ur fault you randed scum
If you say so. :neutral:
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

Kiddo finally asleep. Let me recover my eardrums, and then we can plan out.

Ffery, when will you be food telling?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

Cabd, do you think Bell and Peta's interactions are theater?
GTKAS
| here.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3168, Cabd wrote:Kiddo finally asleep. Let me recover my eardrums, and then we can plan out.

Ffery, when will you be food telling?
somewhat indeterminate. Probably not for an hour or so.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

That avatar switch was like stepping down on a stair that wasn't supposed to be there.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by petapan »

truth be told as i was lurking i wanted to move my vote back to DS for the shittiness of his Nahdia push. i still think that is obviously bad reasoning but i am not entirely convinced on where it comes from. what i found looking at his old meta, is that a lot of the things i was townreading him for on day 1 are characteristic of his scum game (the bitchiness, the single-mindedness). he's actually quite similar-sounding despite the gap in years between games. in his town games i felt there was a little more flexibility of thought, a willingness to offer opinions that were a little more subtle, more nuanced than the way he went after jake and now nahdia. that was a casual look though, my main feeling was just that in this game he came in with an overconfidence that felt unnatural.
In post 2930, Alisae wrote:I think Diamond is just so out of touch of the game and also reality that he just has to be town
In post 2931, Cabd wrote:Last time I was willing to accept that, we lost to pine-scum, Alisae.
in fairness this guy isn't pine, but then his reads aren't because he's disconnected. i think those sort of conspiratorial paranoia-reads of claimed lover-masons are not an angle scum are very likely to pursue because they know it's not going to yield anything for them. they're more likely to accept it and work around it because they know the info is true. i think "this seems fairly busted if all the claims are true so i doubt they all are" is most likely a townie thought process.
In post 2960, Alisae wrote:and I townread Midway still even though thats kind of stale?
while i don't think midway is likely to continue stepping on the same rakes as scum and he has faded a bit i think his posts so far today still show a purpose to them and he's trying to scumhunt, he hasn't started coasting. i would still probably bet the game on him as town with no other information.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3165, Bell wrote:
In post 3162, petapan wrote:
that
If it makes you feel better, i’m scum reading you for things you’ve done.
you tried to call me scum for ball-busting
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2965, SirCakez wrote:
In post 2921, Alisae wrote:Nahdia, you know how mafia players pretend like they know whats going on in the game completely but they actually don't?
people like me!
In post 2923, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2919, Alisae wrote:
@Diamond
- what reads do you even have?
Big Dethy Room in the Sky - Locktown. Not allowed to touch those (as much as I'd love to, pertaining to Jake. Speaking of which, where's Jake? I just realized I've not been filled with seething annoyance for too long)
Bell - Null!Scum. Had a couple things here and there that I do not care much for.
Cabd - Scum. My gut has only gotten worse since the whole fiasco on day 1. Although there was something about a mason above? With a dethy, I don't believe that the set-up would have both a dethy and masons. Still, can someone explain later?
midwaybear - Null!town. I'm apprehensive about how readily he's agreeing with me, but I can't point to anything more worrisome.
Cakez - Null. Not a null in a "I can't read him", but a null in "it can go either way". Some stuff I really like, but his interactions with the dethy and a couple others. have been.... interesting.
S_S - Surprisingly null!town. one of my stronger towns, but I'm not putting anyone in actual town because that tier is reserved for haha funny dethy-land.
Alisae - Null. Don't like your fixation on me, but I can't scumread you for that. You're doing your job. Some stuff has rubbed me the wrong way, but hey, that applies to most.
peta - null (slight town leanings, but not null!town). Constant dry humor doesn't off-put me here, so that's good, but other than that, I've seen some things that make me scratch my head. Specifically that their iso is almost entirely questions with a couple of observations. Not much that they've personally postulated. Nothing worrisome, but I keep them on my mind.
Pooky - /shrug. Don't remember them posting aside from snarking and the D1 cringeRP.
Bulge - /shrug. This is what sparked this.
Gamma - I... wish I had more. I haven't gained much on them, but this is really my last
true
gut read. Something doesn't sit right with me about them. I doubt that trying to come up with justification from the thread would work because my unconscious mind is not great.
Nahdia - Still think they're scum.
this may be one of the worst readslists I've ever seen. literally NULL ON EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR A SR ON CONFTOWN
In post 2933, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2929, Alisae wrote:Cabd and SS are also masons
Yeah that was what I was talking about.

I don't believe that. I do not believe for a second that there is one pair of masons with the dethy, much less two.

I also don't believe that you guys are all four scum because that's stupid. What I
do
believe is that this is a super "fun" inside joke (or this game is secretly bastard).
what??? your solution to this is either the world's dumbest mafia inside joke or FG (one of the most tenured and respected mods on MS) is breaking site rules????
i would just like to note the tack cakez takes here of attacking DS for his wacko reads until he sees that people don't find DS scummy for it and so he backs down in later posts
free crypto

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”