Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3299, midwaybear wrote:I was thinking this and this: and .
I'm fine with going Bell if you still think his scummy-ness extends beyond though.
I mean I feel bad for Bell but I don't think that totally explains his scumminess here
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:17 am

Post by petapan »

gamma vote >> bell vote for me atp but i will not shut up about killing bulge while i am still allowed to post
free crypto
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3301, petapan wrote:gamma vote >> bell vote for me atp but i will not shut up about killing bulge while i am still allowed to post
In most death order...

{Bulge}
gap
{gamma, bell}
gap
{???}
HUUUGE GAP
{DS}
?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 am

Post by petapan »

something like that for me today yeah
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:34 am

Post by petapan »

i'm picking up my reread to finish what i left off, getting toward the end of day 1 and haven't had anything i'd say is really anti-associative. gamma interacts with a few people in his catchup but none of it is something scum wouldn't say to a partner
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 am

Post by SirCakez »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:23 am

Post by petapan »

i think if gamma is town then nahdia could be scum. if he's scum i don't know who else to suggest could be scum with him outside the names already mentioned. could say cakez but that's a bit into conspiracy theory territory
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3250, petapan wrote:
In post 3244, Bell wrote:Self narration is a scum tell of mine. I explained it already, but when I see people creating a self-spun tale of what happened it pings my scumdar.

This day phase you've been more UTR which I wasn't sure how to take but you said it was due to your job and I believe that.
I really do think that it's difficult to escape this net you weave for players. it can feel like there's no right answer until post decision, like where you questioned cakez and decided it leaned town without a detailed description as to why.
: pinged a little, I don't think self-awareness is scummy at all. But you're not wrong I would have thought that was weird, but I also know that's how I think as scum. Does this vote look weird? Except you posted it and I have no clue what to make of that.

You're playing a lot more on gut here than I'm used to seeing from you (from the 1 whole recent game I've played with you + old meta).
It's honestly not strong enough a feeling to tunnel on you. But it does keep me wary, this isn't a due to you having a good scum game. It's just due to your play being mildly scummy to me.
see, i think i figured out what you meant by self narration over night 1, something akin to thinking out loud, right? that would be a highly performative sort of thing and i get why you'd find it scummy but...that's not what i'm doing, in any instance you've accused me of it.

the thing about the questions is funny too b/c i probably would do something similar as scum. but i don't think these are unreasonable thoughts to have? try to interpret if you think i could be thinking those things. if that makes sense.
and the thing about 2751 is...you're right! i'm being conscious of optics in a way i probably wouldn't be, normally, but given the narrow suspect pool i don't want to make a stupid post that gets jumped on

but i've always been extremely gut-based on this account. i don't like writing a lot of words because it's hard for me and the words usually come out bad. one anonymous game where i was conftown and decided to play in a different style is a bad measuring stick to use for me for obvious reasons
Okay. This seems genuine to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3271, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3249, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3218, SirCakez wrote:if people are wondering why I'm suddenly so aggressive on Bell it's because I find his posting over the last few pages obscenely scummy
his attitude seems so fake and his acknowledgement of basically making up reads also reeks
How has he “acknowledged making up reads”? And even if he did, I don’t think how he did it was scummy.
I meant how he was accused of using OMGUS to find scum reads and just went "yeah"
That makes a little more sense but I still don't really find it scummy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3275, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2975, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2972, Alisae wrote:
In post 2969, Gamma Emerald wrote:my take is either scum are trying to rile up the conftowns to get them to look elsewhere or towns are making a mistake
who is riling us up?
DS rn, maybe others
What others?
I honestly remembered more people posting stuff like DS was, but when I looked to find it I didn't see anything
And before anyone even considers getting cheeky, Bell's posts on Alisae were
after
this point.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:19 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3269, petapan wrote:
In post 2740, The Bulge wrote:as for the bell thing, i have reasons for scumreading him outside of that singular post of his which I haven't gotten to yet. this is also something I thought was quite clear.
and suddenly now that cabd is about the bring the hand of god on Bell it's "oh i can't find much one way or the other not gonna spend much time on it". this is pure tactical positioning
eh, I didn't have anything specific in mind when I said that. just the impression I had from my initial read.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:19 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3270, petapan wrote:
In post 3266, The Bulge wrote:off the cuff

Bell has been off this game but I wonder if he would be under as much scrutiny if he were playing, say, on an anonymous alt. I did iso bell already, and I can't find a lot that points to scum. just not a lot that points to town i'm afraid. I feel like this elim will either happen or not happen eventually regardless of my stance so I'm not gonna focus on it as much as I thought I might

midwaybear. noisy. weirdly complacent about things I feel should be pinging him despite his appearance of being extremely engaged in the game.

sircakez probscum, molding his reads to whatever best suits the gamestate and general consensus on several counts.

petapan's motives are a mystery to me, but his push on me doesn't feel any kind of genuine. very much need to iso.

Gamma's catchup isn't doing anything to impress me at all and there's been a good solid handful of wtfposts. I'd wagon this.

Diamond is probably scum or detrimental townie at the very best.

I haven't been able to get a decent read on Nahdia from how I have been interacting with the thread so far.
these reads are total dogshit. atrocious. he's leavin himself an opening on literally everyone. fuck this post.
why would I commit myself to not ever voting any person here in particular? did you forget half of them are scum? can you name like 3 people this game with more than 1 half-decent townread in this pool? I'm not gonna arbitrarily decide which of these people are Town just because I want my readslist to look all nice and balanced. and once again you're acting like this is my concluding post of the Day, as if I've said I'm done trying to read and sort people. I only have so much time every night to sit down at my laptop.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:19 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3272, SirCakez wrote:I can go through Bulge's big attack post on me this page but honestly it seems kind of pointless because I don't think he's gonna change his mind on this particular interaction.
lol cakez where's your spine
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3273, DiamondSentinel wrote:Aight, fine. Let's do this ISO. This ISO physically hurt me, but I'm glad that I did this instead of continuing to ignore them because jesus christ this pissed me off.

2678 - I really wanted to start sooner in the ISO than this, but there's nothing worth looking at. It's a bunch of naked votes and prod dodging all day. Anyways, not only do they not address the issue (them only bothering to interact with people when they try to read them), but they tried to handwave off his lurking. Is that considered scummoning? Who cares, this is awful.
lost me here already. who is handwaving what? what issue do you think I should have addressed and how?
2679 - "read me, but only in the ways I want". Bleugh.
not at all what I said. I said read me while I'm here. that's it. as oppose to just tossing me in a PoE.
Although actually, my problems are not with the first part. There's no analysis here, only questions and simple observations. It's a lot of "I just want to
look
like I'm being productive, but I don't
actually
want to add anything. This changes later, but whoo boy. We'll get there.
it's almost like... I can't post an entire game's worth of content all in one go... and I didn't have any strong footing in my reads in literally the first post I put an ounce of effort into this game.
2694 - Oh hey. peta pointed this out before, and Bulge responded.... Yeah. Curious nothing came of that, but I'm to blame a lot for that. Between waffling around in my own ambivalence and then just not being motivated, I ignored this.
what?
2698 - Using a passing shot to throw shade. I know that it might be hard to stomach, but not everyone cares about being on every readlist (or even how they're read). Some people make content about things aside from their own name. Anyways, this post reads eww. Surprisingly so for a post that's essentially a couple dozen words. (It appears this was
also
pointed out. Probably should have nipped this in the butt)
this is such a weird post to include lmao. how is it scummy for me to question midway about this? it has nothing to do with you, why does your opinion on how midway should or should not feel here matter? random defense of midway that adds nothing to this disaster of a post noted.
2703 - Trying to paint a question as defensive that is pretty clearly a genuine attempt at solving this game. Regardless, eww. (Also, nothing wrong with being "defensive". After all, your job in a debate is to defend your stance (among others))
you're giving me the same kind of vague disdain you give to inside jokes and meta circles. I find it hard to believe you actually think I am scum and this post does little to convince me otherwise.
2740 - Not for lack of trying, Bulge. Literally all you'd done up to this point is throwing shade at people in between bouts of lurking. Bleugh.
or maybe in between days of being busy irl? fuck off. I'm online when I'm online.
2745 - Now
this
is being defensive. "How dare you not have a read on us at this point in the game, aside from the fact that our first 30-odd posts were glorified prod dodging!" Coupled with your shade at people who scumread lurkers....
I am seriously impressed by the lengths you will go to to misrep me. seriously. I was obviously questioning why midway, who had a tonne more content than me, was being treated and categorized the same as a contentless slot
2750 page. This page is a lot of the same stuff. This is still equally telling, but I don't want to dredge through every post the same way when it's just saying the same stuff.
lmao what does this even mean I have 2 posts that page and they have absolutely nothing to do with anything you've mentioned hahahahaha
In post 3258, The Bulge wrote:
In post 2923, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2919, Alisae wrote:
@Diamond
- what reads do you even have?
I won't further taint the game thread by reposting the atrocity held in this quote, and because I'm not talking about the content of this post but the context.
how many times this game are you going to drop all the content and stances you keep bitching and whining about not having the second anyone calls your bluff?
I have gutreads, I try to scrounge up justification for them. Nothing I've done is internally inconsistent. Please, keep bagging on me for being el-bait. Or don't. That'd be nice. Reading this same song and dance is tiring.
"I'm limbait! I'm limbait!" is not a defense.
In post 2933, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2929, Alisae wrote:Cabd and SS are also masons
Yeah that was what I was talking about.

I don't believe that. I do not believe for a second that there is one pair of masons with the dethy, much less two.

I also don't believe that you guys are all four scum because that's stupid. What I
do
believe is that this is a super "fun" inside joke (or this game is secretly bastard).
I... cannot see this any way other than that ds came into the game with a scumplan to whine and whine and whine about the meta cabal, and now that they're all conftown he doesn't have any viable trajectory set up elsewhere and decides to double down.
Not going to justify this with a response other than "not going to justify this with a response other than...."
HAAAAAAAA alright space cadet :lol:
In post 2998, DiamondSentinel wrote:Sure, it might be an X-shot night-kill and they saved it or our "doctor pair" blocked it, but I doubt this doctor is a thing (although I do somewhat suspect we have a doctor. I'm just waiting for a real claim).
?!??!!!!!??????????????????????

!!!???????????????????!!

???????????????????????????????????????????????
Oh hey. Back to the low effort shade-posting without actually adding anything! Yeet.
you lack self-awareness if you think posts like that don't shade themselves. I don't have a single thing to say that "theory" except to express my incredulity that you could be so dense.
In post 2980, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2979, Cabd wrote:The thing is, he's aware of the mason claim but scumreads me despite it. Okay, I can buy that.

But if that's the case he needs to be scumreading S_S as well.
I don't
need
to do anything.
maaaaaaaaaaaaan
get this guy a margherita please

UNVOTE:
Aight I'm done.
Needless to say, this post
stinks
that's margHerita, not margUerita.
3262 - Because, and listen
very
carefully....

You are not the center of everyone's universe. People have other things they're more interested than typing VOTE: Bulge.
except peta's post is very clearly about me. I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that, to be fair.
I, however,
will
be typing VOTE: Bulge.

I'm done. You guys can read through their posts from last night. And don't worry Cakez, I already justified this awful ISO with a response. You don't have to.
love this
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3286, midwaybear wrote:
In post 3266, The Bulge wrote:midwaybear. noisy. weirdly complacent about things I feel should be pinging him despite his appearance of being extremely engaged in the game.
Well over half of my posts came within the first 3 days, so I don't think there is any illusion of engagement or "noisy". Yeah, I am complacent, but that isn't necessarily scummy tbh.
can you talk to me again about why didn't care about bell's lack of a read on you, despite the fact that he interacted with you by far more than anyone else day 1?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 am

Post by The Bulge »

cakez and diamond would just absolutely love it if all I were doing in thread was whining about people voting me for being inactive huh

sadly for them, most[?] people in this game are actually reading, and are more interested in analyzing the actual real gamestate, instead of wishing my miselim push were as easy as they discussed it would be in their PT.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Bell »

Did I just enter a time dilation chamber or did you copy paste that
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3310, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3269, petapan wrote:
In post 2740, The Bulge wrote:as for the bell thing, i have reasons for scumreading him outside of that singular post of his which I haven't gotten to yet. this is also something I thought was quite clear.
and suddenly now that cabd is about the bring the hand of god on Bell it's "oh i can't find much one way or the other not gonna spend much time on it". this is pure tactical positioning
eh, I didn't have anything specific in mind when I said that. just the impression I had from my initial read.
"i have reasons for scumreading him outside of that singular post" implies something pretty fucking specific
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Bell »

It really does, but also who the hell are you and what have you done with Bulge.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 am

Post by The Bulge »

I will concede that peta's more recent posts do seem more genuine if a little misguided. happy to have a fan :mrgreen:

pedit - sry to disappoint. I admit the wording could have been a little less leading.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3316, Bell wrote:Did I just enter a time dilation chamber or did you copy paste that
nah I like to compile all my posts and hit submit when they're done, in case I want to move things around between them for clarity's sake etc
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3276, fferyllt wrote:What are his scumteam doing around this play of his?
I don't know, is there a certain play you'd expect to see from them? Because I would generally expect them to try to try and reel him in in the main thread and/or the scum PT, but that's about it.
In post 3276, fferyllt wrote:I was trying to put words around the implications of DS's scumread of Cabd, to show him how absurd it sounded.

DS adopted the absurdities wholeheartedly, which was bizarre enough.

And here, you're scumreading him for buying into the implications, rather than sticking with the initial raw take.

Something's wrong here.
Hell yeah something's wrong, DS demonstrated he's not trying to argue in good faith, he's just interested in the points that best suit his agenda. I have solid evidence that what DS did is a scum move, that I gathered around the last time I used this tell, which was actually a couple years ago I believe.
In post 3276, fferyllt wrote:This post really bothered me when it hit the thread. "Your team is based on a logical fallacy because I wouldn't do that as scum", but phrased socratically. Maybe this is something town-Gamma would say. It looks more like something an experienced player might ask in teaching-mode in a newbie game than something town would say to a peer in a theme game. The peer being a claimed mason.
I'm mostly bothered by the fact Alisae is SRing me and my top non-mechanical townreads. It seems like Alisae is in full high-school cliquey us-vs-them mentality where e perceives anyone not with em as against em.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3279, fferyllt wrote:Hm, I lost my final point in 3276

Contrast the below with
In post 3226, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Tammy DS is trying to destroy the idea that cabd is conftown but doesn’t want to put himself in a position to 1v1 cabd rn as that’s probably a losing battle.
Generally I see this kind of behavior on a less dramatic level where the scum just try to gaslight the conftown.
This is a much bolder move that speaks of scum desperation.
It's like Gamma inadvertently described his own response to Alisae in the earlier post as something akin to gaslighting the conftown.
I'm more trying to figure out why Ali's teamguess has locked onto the players I feel the strongest about being town apart from clears, because I would definitely rather work with em than against em. I can see how that looks like gaslighting but it's really not. I'm just trying to understand Alisae's perspective so I can present mine and figure out how best to solve the game considering each. But later posting has shown that it might be a futile endeavor anyway because when Alisae gets into that type of confidence I mentioned earlier it's
nigh impossible
to talk em out of it. So I'm at a point where I'm at least trying to help Alisae play better in future games because I don't know if I'm gonna be able to have meaningful interactions with em much longer.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3290, Cabd wrote:
In post 3288, petapan wrote:
In post 3285, Cabd wrote:
In post 3283, petapan wrote:
In post 3280, Cabd wrote:Okay so let's say we blitz gamma.

I want a pool to shoot in supposing each color of result.

Say... 2-3 people?
if town: the bulge

if scum: the bulge
I know, let's turbowagon the bulge and then:

If town: Petapan
If scum: Servant Assassin
if i'm wrong on him you can kill me i don't give a fuck but between his approach toward diamond and his last series of posts i'm over the edge and want him dead
Do you see any anti gamma-bulge associatves?
I'm honestly more interested in why my townflip would theoretically point to Bulge, I haven't felt much of anything regarding whether Bulge's posts towards me looked partnery, for the probably-good reason that it doesn't matter to me, but what about Bulge's interactions with me are so bad that my townflip makes him probable scum?
<Embrace The Void>

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 am

Post by petapan »

the point is that he's scummy as fuck
free crypto

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”