Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1388, Odd Day Jester wrote:I'm fine with Redados's answer regarding why he's less emotive this game btw. It's what I figured and at times I get this "this is really irritating but I'm going to stay cool" vibe from him when replying to scumreads line Noraa's and I find that kind of tone really town-indicative.

Still need to catchup on page 49 to 54(?). I'll probably skim some stuff but
will still be on the lookout
for anything particularly towny or scummy.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Hectic »

Think that's all of them.

And before you come in and say I'm scum who was planning to fakeclaim tracker, shelly, I would've just CCed you tracker claim in that case with one of my own. Pretty sure my tracker crumbs would've won out over your lack of any crumbs.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:25 am

Post by UNOwen »

I am satisfied.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 3882, davesaz wrote:Looking at it from the true claim point of view... Prompting your track target to at least crumb/soft if a PR is a +town move when there hasn't been a massclaim. Tracker is a really tricky role to play, especially as 1-shot and even more so as night-specific. I think the targeting on a weak TR is a little weird, unless the TR was semi-fake to instill a false sense of security in the target's ability to get away with making the kill.
With 2 scum left and a night-specific shot, she'd be in a use it or lose it position, and tracking a largely scumread target would risk coming up blank because scumread!scum shouldn't make kills.
I feel tracker is one of the weakest investigatives. I got really annoyed in the Gay Mafia team game when I saved my tracker shot for later and tracked my target to a kill, but almost got ignored because a couple people kept trying to elim me. I chose a previous TR to track in that game because Occam said the only solve was that one of my TRs had to be scum. Bottom line it's quite possible as a true claim from the mechanics and targeting point of view. There is more to say about Shelly, and balance. I'll make those points later.
This is an interesting argument by dave, because he is proposing why shelly might have targeted duppin while ignoring all the actual reasons shelly gave for tracking duppin.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:33 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 3923, shellyc wrote: ehhhh im fine with no elim if we just get duppin tmr then hectic and finish the job off

seriously. another thing is that dave is a mechanically-oriented player, and im a newb at heart, so why wouldn't me and dave talk about the best claim to make? dave/me makes no sense at all, uno/me doesn't make sense because UNO can just push through and dave/uno/shelly/plus all vote duppin and finish the job.

me/hectic and me/duppin are impossible. I am not paired with anyone here.

even though you can say me/dave/plus have been more individually scummy, scum is a TEAM and simply the only way to explain this mylo is that hectic/duppin are scum
Not much of a fan of this post, because it appears to be trying to convince me of my own argument by just stating it with more certainty.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Hectic »

YES ONOWEN

you have no idea how happy I am to see you finally seeing the light. now we just need to get that + guy out of the darkness
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Hectic »

Morning in shambles. She roots for scum in her games I'm pretty sure
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Hectic »

Hello, friends and foes of the "Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Day 4" thread. This is a case outlining why shelly is scum. I hope this helps, and I ask that you read this in its entirety.

Let's set the scene: It's early in day 1. Odd Day Jester is being a buffoon acting like a jester (what an idiot), people are enjoying their lives and bats hang merrily from their perches.

ARTIFACT 1:

shelly enters the scene.
In post 259, shellyc wrote:
In post 256, JacksonVirgo wrote:Im a bit shocked how you just ignore the reasonings to "townpass" duppin and majority TR on noraa I wonder if this is alignment indicative
this is a scumslip
In post 260, shellyc wrote:VOTE: JacksonVirgo
Jacko points out some weird things about shelly, one of them being shelly is ignoring the majority TR on Noraa and was still pushing her (this is a great point in hindsight, Jacko!). shelly claims this is a scumslip and proceeds to vote Jacko.
In post 261, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 259, shellyc wrote:
In post 256, JacksonVirgo wrote:Im a bit shocked how you just ignore the reasonings to "townpass" duppin and majority TR on noraa I wonder if this is alignment indicative
this is a scumslip
Lmfao
In post 262, shellyc wrote:the "lol' defense, how scum indicative.
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I'm not entirely sure if shelly's cockiness and/or retaliatory attitude this game is AI. I only have known their scum games.
Jacko is amused. shelly is being shelly. It's very strange, but this isn't hugely scummy for shelly.
In post 264, shellyc wrote:
I WAS BAITING.

not directly attacking me for bullshitting. TMI
shelly then reveals she was "baiting". This post is 1 minute and 39 seconds after her initial vote.
In post 267, shellyc wrote:I was planning to test the wagon speed on jv, but turns out everyone dipped
The vote was apparently all a plan to test Jacko's "wagon speed". However, shelly waited for just
99 seconds
before she decided "everyone dipped". She clearly had no intent to test the wagon speed on Jacko in the first place, or she would've waited longer than
99 seconds.

In post 273, shellyc wrote:
In post 268, JacksonVirgo wrote:Uhhh, what
I was trying to see if anyone would jump on.

it's indicative of scum!jv tbh
She then says that the fact no one jumped on is actually "indicative of scum!jv", despite just saying she pulled out of the test because everyone had supposedly dipped. And still, no one voting for Jacko for the
99 seconds
after she voted is indicative of
absolutely nothing
in a forum setting. shelly does not really believe what she's saying here, she is not stupid.

DO NOT townread this for being "random" or "too scummy to be scum", scum!shelly's plan this entire game is to do random things, fake random reads, and post without thinking. If you look back at any of her scumgames, it's how she always plays as scum.

INTERMISSION

Okay, so the bats on So Many Bats Avenue have clearly been a little spooked by these developments. A few can even be seen flying up to the blood moon, led by Morning Tweet. The little rascals, I'm sure they don't have any ulterior motives.

ARTIFACT 2:

In post 294, Odd Day Jester wrote:VOTE: shellyc

I have no idea how you manage to roll scum so much.
I am shocked by what shelly is pulling. I immediately vote her, thinking there is no way this can't be scum.
In post 296, shellyc wrote:the way you flip on me concerns me a tiny bit
She informs me that she's concerned by how I flipped on her. Prior to this point, shelly has been townreading me, and I have been townleaning her. The "concern" in this post is clearly meant to convey suspicion on my 180 on her.
In post 300, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 296, shellyc wrote:the way you flip on me concerns me a tiny bit
Something something OMGUS for the 3rd time this game
Jacko points out that she's OMGUSing again.
In post 301, shellyc wrote:concern != omgus
In post 302, shellyc wrote:like, im concerned by how scum might manipulate Mr. Jester to vote wrong lategame.
shelly FLAILS (using this word for you, shelly), not wanting to be seen as OMGUSing yet again, and states that she actually meant a far more convoluted definition when she said "concerned". This is
clearly
a lie.
In post 303, JacksonVirgo wrote:Yeah fuck off you meant that. Lmfao
VOTE: shellyc
Jacko rightly calls shelly out and votes her. I miss you, Jacko! You were compromised and repped out with Mini because you found she was scum, didn't you?

In both of these cases, shelly is very obvious
lying
. If you believe she is town, you have to believe she's lying in good faith, and not just scum that's lying in bad faith to protect or attempt to improve her image - this is the far far more likely scenario.

I was planning on doing some more but I'm tired, so this'll do for now. I'll case her later stuff later, if Plus still isn't on board.

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:37 am

Post by duppin »

where even is plus? he voted and then disappeared
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:09 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 3955, Hectic wrote:YES ONOWEN

you have no idea how happy I am to see you finally seeing the light. now we just need to get that + guy out of the darkness
See now I fear I am being manipulated again. :P

So this is where I am unless I survive to day 5 and go back to doubt and indecision:

It remains possible that I have been completely fooled by the entire scum team deciding to townread me, in particular duppin's reasons for trusting me reminded me of Noraa and I really don't think my day 1 ISO was all that great considering most of it was spent tunnelling town. I don't understand why he wavered on his Hectic read but not on me when from his point of view Hectic has been backing him up all along and I have been the one to avoid committing, so if anything I should look like the opportunistic scum waiting to see which way the wind blows. It kind of looked like it was a reaction to Plus mentioning the duppin/Hectic team possibility. He certainly has had a suspiciously explain-y tone at times which I have put down to personality. Finally, the independent raising of the replace out theory by Hectic and duppin sticks in my mind, it could suggest that this was something scum talked about in pt.

But overall I end up thinking that this is just paranoia and that the scum team is simply shelly/dave. Hectic seemed genuine about thinking there was going to be an execution today, so the motive for the commuter claim as scum is weakened (he does not need to explain his survival to day 5 if the scumpartner he's defending is about to get executed). bugspray stuff is still a problem, but my instinct would probably have been to point it out without thinking too. And does duppin scum call attention to this if that was his partners play?

shelly's claim requires believing that despite being super confident this entire game, she got worried when she had a guilty result on her track. It also requires believing that she chose not to track the players she was suspicious of. Stitching up duppin instead of Plus is strange, but maybe the idea was that Plus would be too obvious. Perhaps she was worried she would not win in final three, perhaps she was just impatient and wanted to make a bold play, perhaps she intended to claim it was a reaction test but decided to press ahead when it looked like it might fly. It's a big risk, but I can see her going for it.

I think Hectic has a good argument that a lot of what she says sounds fake and it's difficult to imagine her believing in it, going all the way back to the Jackson push from day 1. It's probably worth comparing this with some of her town games to see if this is AI or if it's just how she plays but in isolation it looks clearly scummy.

With dave idk, it might just be because I haven't seen a lot. This day has gone all the way to deadline to allow time for him to do his hard reset and all he has offered is a mechanical defence that soft supports shelly but does not account for Hectic's claim or what she has actually said. It's a shame if he is town and this is all he has time for, but I would have expected town in this situation to have a bit more urgency in providing relevant content. He had no problem offering weak reads when he entered () so I don't trust this "I have bad reads" explanation. Going back, he was prepared to hammer the Redados wagon because he agreed with it despite not once suggesting so during day 1, and he wordlessly echoed the Noraa/Mundivore/UNO solve despite claiming he had his own reasons which he never had the chance to expand on. It's not much and they feel like lazy reasons to say he is scum, but the simplest explanation is that he is and is just attempting to coast it out.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 am

Post by UNOwen »

VOTE: No Execution
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Prodding PlusJOYED.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

PlusJOYED is V/LA until 10/19.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by shellyc »

phoneposting atm so apparently case on me is for having weird beliefs, but i do believe in them. I consider my towngame weakness to be obvtowning, and sometimes I do lie in my towngame (AND you know it hectic. you do. read that marathon game.)
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by shellyc »

ok back to normal access

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why hectic is scum.

1. hectic has pushed for an elim in {me, duppin} today but is currently voting no elim. this is a case of words not matching up with actions.
2. commuter = tries to eat the nightkill, it is of course counter-intinutive to point out conftown, I don't get how it is "instinctive" at all
3. hectic tries to solve duppin and has doubts about duppin when their claim disproves my claim, which is a perspective slip.
4. hectic does not counterclaim me because if the "frame shelly as scum" plan fails, the backup is bussing duppin and taking it to f3, and they have a reasonable explanation for being UTR and living till then
5. hectics case on me is I don't believe in what I say which is ???????? when I do because its pretty clear that I've been talking in a confident tone. hectic also points out that its possible for town!me to be like that which is another perspective slip.
- what i did in a marathon game is when hectic called me out for a post glitch that changes the order of posts, I lie about that despite being town, because my intristic fear as town is being scumread, because I do have generally good reads

@uno: there are 2 scum and 4 town, a high ratio, and you have to realise that you were brought to lylo FOR THIS MOMENT. when you change your mind and vote me.
the simplest solve is wrong in lylo simply because scum are pulling the strings. it's right that there arent much reasons. its not paranoia on hectic and duppin. it's the truth.

more holistic case when I get coffee

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 4.FINAL

EXILE STATUS
[2] duppin:
shellyc, PlusJOYED
[2] No Elimination:
Hectic, UNOwen
[1] shellyc:
duppin

[1] Not Voting:
davesaz

With 6 still flying around the place, it took 4 votes to ground someone.

The Day 4 deadline is in:
(expired on 2020-10-19 00:35:00)

Mod Notes:
(/ω\)[/area]
[/mech]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

No one has been grounded.

Night 4 begins! Everyone has until (expired on 2020-10-21 01:15:00) from now to send in any night actions to me.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Night 4 has concluded! But how is everyone doing?

UNOwen has been shot down!

He falls down into the dirt below.

Spoiler: He was a...
VANILLA TOWNIE
Welcome, UNOwen! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Aside from your voice and your vote, you possess no special abilities of your own.

You are aligned with the
Town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

The game thread is located here.

Please confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.[/area][/spoiler]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 5.0
Bat Fact #26:
As flying, nocturnal creatures, bats tend to avoid most predators. This gives them very long lifespans! On average, bats live to 10-20 years old.

EXILE STATUS
[5] Not Voting:
PlusJOYED, duppin, davesaz, Hectic, shellyc

With 5 still flying around the place, it takes 3 votes to ground someone.

The Day 5 deadline is in:
(expired on 2020-10-28 01:15:00)

Mod Notes:
(*ノωノ)
[/mech]
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

im still likely to go duppin today
to sleep i go
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by shellyc »

VOTE: duppin

I need say no more.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Hectic »

UNOwen, the man who was leaning towards it being shelly/dave, and was working me was killed. What a shock.

Plus, you're the person who matters the most in the game right now. What are your thoughts, and why do you believe shelly is town, and duppin is scum?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by shellyc »

@dave and plus if there's any doubt I can do a detailed casing later when i've got time

@duppin and hectic DIE MAFIA SCUM!

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Hectic »

<3
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 3971, Hectic wrote:UNOwen, the man who was leaning towards it being shelly/dave, and was working me was killed. What a shock.
you killed them because you feared uno's paranoia and my charisma

this was a wifom kill

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”