Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

VC on this page.

well that quote got messed up somehow

p-edit
i heavily believe scum would not bus with a blank vote the way you did
in my opinion it does not make sense to do that
there is a wifom argument there but i am going to ignore that for now since very little else you had done at that point was scummy in my opinion
Last edited by Hectic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1495, Bell wrote:No, to me it seemed like a contradiction. I had a thought (he is lying), but like a good truth finder I decided to directly ask him rather than just go for one explanation out of many.
His explanation was 1) unexpected and 2) Makes sense. So I'm glad I asked.
@Hopkirk, why aren't you a fan? Besides zdenek and you? tho, your read on zdenek makes no sense to me.
I thought the guy who replaced out meant Isis, so it's only 2/5 of these I don't like rather than 3/5 which is much more fine.
Can you highlight which part of the read doesn't make sense? It's much easier to explain if you point out why it doesn't make sense first.
In post 1497, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 1491, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1455, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1457, Theta Alpine wrote:hopkirk
almost the entirety of my scum lean on you is that you made a blank vote on a popular wagon
with slight influences from faking a post restriction and the way you agreed with another players reads without elaboration

and honestly the more i thought about the blank vote the less i wanted to kill you because it simply did not make sense for scum to behave that way if noraa is scum
but i am also operating under the assumption that noraa could be town in which case that would be a valid scum lean

so let me just say that i do not think you and noraa are scum together
my scum lean on you is conditional on noraa being town
The 'I am willing to kill them' really doesn't line up with what came before it or from this imo if it's literally 'they made a blank post' and you thought all of the other stuff was NAI? Are you using 'kill' in a really weak sense, or do you not really care who's first lethaled here? I really don't get your point of view here since as far as I can tell if you're town that's happy to vote me for how I interacted with the wagon then I'd expect to see you looking at the early wagon and potential bussing/avoidance a lot more and I really don't get that from you yet.
i mean i have shifted my vote to adorable twice now because their vote on noraa reads like either a bus or advancing an easy mislynch
also
i specifically said that i would hammer you
it would take near majority of other players voting you for me to actually join in
i was willing to kill you because i believed you to have a better then random chance of being scum then town
but i tried to make it clear that i did not really want your wagon and that other people were much more likely to be scum in my opinion
Shifting your vote doesn't clear you from a bad vote/position. I'm not accepting your offer to drop it.
So you're just going along with the majority is essentially what you're saying?
You still think I'm more likely to flip scum? Why's that.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

none of my votes so far have been on majority wagons
at the time i would have gone along with it because i do not have a good reason to contest lambdadelta a second time

as for your second question
i used past tense very specifically there
as i developed my read on you it turned into a conditional read for reasons i have already explained
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1499, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1481, Hopkirk wrote:100% sheeping a TR to pressure someone then? That's reasonable.
I was pretty explicit about it :lol:
Fair enough, I'll take another look in a bit. Fairly easy to misread some stuff when you've got a ton of stuff to read.
In post 1500, Theta Alpine wrote:well that quote got messed up somehow

p-edit
there is a wifom argument there but i am going to ignore that for now since very little else you had done at that point was scummy in my opinion
So what's your read on me right now? From your posts at the end of the last page it seems like you're trying to throw shade at me in a 'I'm moving off, but watch your step kiddo' style move. I noted immediately that you didn't express a clear current read on me there and feel like that could be hedging because you want to go with the flow/wait to see if other people now TR and either move back to me or drop it based on whether you can blend with gameflow. This is largely based on what else you've posted giving me the 'go with the flow' impression, including what you just said about would hammer.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Hectic »

“Listen, pal. Everyone makes mistakes. You’ll learn”

PenguinPower sat on Hectic’s desk, consoling him for the grievous mod errors he’d committed. Hectic’s head was in his hands, wondering how he could ever write flavour without being able to use italics.
“Posting a non-pagetop VC is a capital offense, yes,” PenguinPower mused, “But you’re still new! I could even convince Isis to reinstate your permissions.”

Hectic looked up, his eyes filled with suspicion. “…What do you want in return, Penpow?”
PenguinPower smiled. “Well, just a friendly
suggestion
to all of the players in your game eligible to play as newbies, that
maybe
they should just check the newbie queue out. Did you like the italics I just used? They’re
real
nice, aren’t they?”

Hectic sighed, knowing he had little choice. “It’ll be done.”

Last edited by Hectic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 1.7

[5] Noraa:
UNOwen, Hopkirk, Adorable, Toogeloo, MURDERCAT
[3] Adorable:
Noraa, Theta Alpine, Vaxkiller
[2] Hopkirk:
Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear
[2] shellyc:
VaultDweller, Bell
[2] Bell:
Lapsa, shellyc
[1] PookyTheMagicalBear
Tayl0r Swift

[5] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, MUSHSHAGANA, Fidget, Zdenek, Flea The Magician

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to curse someone with the scroll. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to curse.

The cursing deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-28 03:35:35).

Joint moderator ISO.
Last edited by Hectic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Bell »

bam
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Bell »

:oops:

Okay. I'm going away for awhile now.
Thought I was going to steal a page top.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1502, Theta Alpine wrote:none of my votes so far have been on majority wagons
at the time i would have gone along with it because i do not have a good reason to contest lambdadelta a second time

as for your second question
i used past tense very specifically there
as i developed my read on you it turned into a conditional read for reasons i have already explained
So you've said Hop not scum if Noraa is scum. You've said it, I don't think you've explained it anywhere.
You've also said if Noraa town > Hop scum. That's not been explained and it pretty much implies reasons to not like me outside what you've said.

Assume Noraa's flipped town. Why's Hop scum there?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Carefully Hectic, I know how much you love bolding stuff.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1503, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1500, Theta Alpine wrote:well that quote got messed up somehow

p-edit
So what's your read on me right now? From your posts at the end of the last page it seems like you're trying to throw shade at me in a 'I'm moving off, but watch your step kiddo' style move. I noted immediately that you didn't express a clear current read on me there and feel like that could be hedging because you want to go with the flow/wait to see if other people now TR and either move back to me or drop it based on whether you can blend with gameflow. This is largely based on what else you've posted giving me the 'go with the flow' impression, including what you just said about would hammer.
if my read on you is not currently clear

i have a scum lean on you that is conditional on noraa being town
otherwise you are null

i have also stated that i will not support a wagon on you today as i want to see noraa flip first

and at every point i talked about you i think i made it clear that there were better targets

p-edit
because a blank vote on a popular wagon that ends up being a mislynch is more likely to be a scum vote
perhaps i should say that when i say scum lean i mean you are literally a single step away from null in that situation
if noraa is town there is still a much more likely candidate in adorable in my opinion
alter of rautherdir
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So literally because I blank voted on the wagon? I'm going to want to know why you haven't given thoughts on a lot of questionable posting around that wagon from low activity posters. I'll give you a list if you can't work it out yourself, but I'd prefer to see what you come up with as part of the utility of this.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1511, Hopkirk wrote:So literally because I blank voted on the wagon? I'm going to want to know why you haven't given thoughts on a lot of questionable posting around that wagon from low activity posters. I'll give you a list if you can't work it out yourself, but I'd prefer to see what you come up with as part of the utility of this.
because i have already found the most likely one in my opinion
though to be fair it is the most likely candidate balanced between scenarios where noraa is scum and scenarios where noraa is town
alter of rautherdir
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1510, Theta Alpine wrote:because a blank vote on a popular wagon that ends up being a mislynch is more likely to be a scum vote
Do you often find this to be the case?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1513, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1510, Theta Alpine wrote:because a blank vote on a popular wagon that ends up being a mislynch is more likely to be a scum vote
do you mean have i actually kept a record of when this is the case or not
because the answer to that is no
but it is behavior that i think scum would do
to be perfectly honest this might be more me discouraging a behavior i do not think is beneficial for town as opposed to actually scum reading it

i am actually going to analyze the noraa wagon again and post my findings on that later
alter of rautherdir
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

What people assume scum would do really isn't close to what scum do in practice. Think about this, if everyone knew scum always do it then scum would stop doing it. Most of what I used to find scummy was just new townies I tunneled on. Personally I find scumslips to be more of a towntell than a scumtell tbh.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1514, Theta Alpine wrote:
to be perfectly honest this might be more me discouraging a behavior i do not think is beneficial for town as opposed to actually scum reading it

i am actually going to analyze the noraa wagon again and post my findings on that later
No, I would not expect anyone to spend hours of time collecting data, but rather do you just believe it to be true, which you do indicate above.

I would think it would be a more case by case basis or person by person basis. I think some scum players would be afraid of a naked vote, and would want to explain it away.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1516, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1514, Theta Alpine wrote:

No, I would not expect anyone to spend hours of time collecting data, but rather do you just believe it to be true, which you do indicate above.

I would think it would be a more case by case basis or person by person basis. I think some scum players would be afraid of a naked vote, and would want to explain it away.
fair enough

i think my read on hopkirk could have been best described as
if at least 5 other town players think hopkirk is scum i will join in because i do not see anything particularly townie enough to object to it
which is what i meant when i said i would hammer it if it got that far

but seriously i am going to go ahead and analyze the noraa wagon and then post my findings because continuing this topic is not really going to do as much as doing that
alter of rautherdir
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Apologies if this has been mentioned already...
Theta you're
real
keen to see the Nora Flip, there's been enough mechanics talk for you to know 3 flip at once, that in mind, who else would you see flip today?

@Hectic - Hey you invited me here!
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1518, Flea The Magician wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already...
Theta you're
real
keen to see the Nora Flip, there's been enough mechanics talk for you to know 3 flip at once, that in mind, who else would you see flip today?

@Hectic - Hey you invited me here!
well if you had actually read what i have posted
you would now that i am not that keen to see noraa flip
more that i see it as an inevitability
i did protest voting noraa the scroll for a few reasons which are in my iso

and currently i want to vote adorable the scroll
or maybe tayl0r as well

i will be reading the noraa wagon again to see what more i can figure out from it
alter of rautherdir
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:50 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1518, Flea The Magician wrote:Theta you're real keen to see the Nora Flip, there's been enough mechanics talk for you to know 3 flip at once, that in mind, who else would you see flip today?
I thought the general consensus was to keep this info close to chest
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I missed that part, I've done other digging anyway.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Jesus... So I've read
maaaaybe
20 pages of content in this game. I don't have the time to read this many pages every day. I'm guessing VaultDweller replaced for similar reasons.

Someone please catch me up.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:13 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1373, MURDERCAT wrote:LLD is in charge, Noraa had a weird fake looking town slip. She is upset so might actually be town, but we have to just vote her and advance the day. She threatened to shoot LLD despite town reading her which looks a lot like an excuse shoot her as scum. If Noraa is town it's probably Pooky imo. Because LLD and Pooky don't want LLD shot, they are looking at hopkirk first, with the intention of handing Noraa last so that she doesn't get a shot. I kind of think that's dumb, I just want to pass to Noraa first and get the info.
In post 1374, MURDERCAT wrote:Mush looks like town, I think fidget looks like town, hot take is that taylor seems like town
In post 1375, MURDERCAT wrote:Adorable is another name that has gotten heat
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

well me reading the noraa wagon turned into me reading the game again and giving commentary so uh

give me a bit and i will have a few posts with effectively my thoughts as i read the game
which would probably be smaller then reading the game again yourself
alter of rautherdir

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”