Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4243, Tammy wrote:
In post 4242, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4241, Tammy wrote:Only if you want to!

I’m probably gonna fall asleep before I get too far rereading, but I remember why I liked midway bear early day one.

. Lol, and this is midways response to bells omgus vote. Feels not partnery?
Hmm, tell me more. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Do you disagree?
Not particularly, but it's one quote. I was asking if there was more to suggest a connection.
In post 4244, Tammy wrote:
In post 729, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 726, Syryana wrote:
In post 721, DiamondSentinel wrote:This bell wagon really pings me as similar to perpetual mylo's string.
I don't know this reference, can you please enlighten me
More directed at fferylt. But anyways, outa the gate 3 of my scum buddies started immediately hard-bussing me, and I didn't take the fake pressure well, so it really hamstrung us and pretty much lost us the game. Bell is not looking hot at all right now, but that wagon stinks.

Also, I don't have a decent alternative.
You’re referring to the bell wagon here. Why did you compare it to your game you were bussed in?
Because it felt very much like that game. A bus on a very unwilling participant who was not properly prepared for it and ended up worse off for it.
In post 4246, Tammy wrote:
In post 868, petapan wrote:
In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
i have seen it said offsite that listing names in the "w, x, y, or maybe z" is scummy, though. don't have enough experience to go "yeah this is scum" but i'm raising an eyebrow at the format here (does remind me of a Titus-Saber post though)

(could care less that i'm one of the names here and would probably like him on the merit of
who
he's naming, just the
way
he's doing it pings)
quoting this post because this is where I'll pick back up when I come back to reading.

This point in the game might be kind of important though. Cabd's been pushing bell at this point and the wagon has started to rise some. DS has made the post about the bell wagon that peta pointed out last night, and DS pops in to remind us all that bell looks bad but he learned nothing, and cabd, syr, peta and me need some pressure. The way he was trying to push Cabd as looking horrible for asking me to respond to his reads was icky then is icky now. Anyway trying to discredit Cabd while Cabd is pushing scum is a tactic.

(Also wanted to quote this post because I chuckled at the formatting thing. I know I've made several posts in this format as town. Wanted to mention that at the time, but it wasn't something I wanted to pick at heh.)

I have some other thoughts building up from my reread but I'm running late now and have to go. I'm hoping to be mostly done with my reread today.
I literally started pushing Cabd from the very beginning. He was my number 1 scumread literally until he flipped. Saying that because I scumread Cabd from the start of day 1, I was defending or buddying with Bell is just laughable.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:40 am

Post by petapan »

you were lmfao
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Tammy »

DS - Yes, you had a null scum read on Cabd by post 309 and Cabd didn't vote bell until 340, so technically yes you announced a scum read on Cabd before the wagon started, but that's not my point. It's about your behavior during the wagon. It doesn't matter that you had a scumread stated, it matters that when scum was getting wagon, while apparently thinking he looked like scum getting bussed and doing poorly for it, thought pressure should be applied anywhere else. It matters that when you answered the question about Cabd it felt like posturing and using odd scumtells (I'm not sure how much this counts against you; I thought you sounded a little bit like this tonally when I looked back at cyberpunk.)

It also matter that when we outed the dethy, you were also resistant to taylor at first.

Does this make you for sure scum, no. I've derailed my fair share of wagons on scum, but it's not a point in your favor either.

And uh you thought that bell looked like scum being bussed but you didn't want anything to do with it? And I'll just go ahead and presume you were thinking cabd was bussing him, but you didn't mention that at the time.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:03 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4252, Tammy wrote:DS - Yes, you had a null scum read on Cabd by post 309 and Cabd didn't vote bell until 340, so technically yes you announced a scum read on Cabd before the wagon started, but that's not my point. It's about your behavior during the wagon. It doesn't matter that you had a scumread stated, it matters that when scum was getting wagon, while apparently thinking he looked like scum getting bussed and doing poorly for it, thought pressure should be applied anywhere else. It matters that when you answered the question about Cabd it felt like posturing and using odd scumtells (I'm not sure how much this counts against you; I thought you sounded a little bit like this tonally when I looked back at cyberpunk.)

It also matter that when we outed the dethy, you were also resistant to taylor at first.

Does this make you for sure scum, no. I've derailed my fair share of wagons on scum, but it's not a point in your favor either.

And uh you thought that bell looked like scum being bussed but you didn't want anything to do with it? And I'll just go ahead and presume you were thinking cabd was bussing him, but you didn't mention that at the time.
My 2 big ones were Cabd and Peta. Since then it's moved more toward Nahdia, as I had townread midway until pretty recently.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

I am reading along but I can't put together a post rn just fyi if you see me online.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:46 am

Post by midwaybear »

Self conscious much?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Tammy »

cake also did not see what people saw during first bell push and joined the push on cabd and pushed back on my disagreement with DS's reasons for cabd scum.

yeah that is definitely self conscious; I've been trying to decide if it means anything lol i'm like the queen of the self-conscious so don't know how much to read in other people heh
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 926, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 925, SirCakez wrote:How is me saying I like two posts buddying
People like it when people like their posts.

That's the whole point of a "like" button

which btw is one of the most damaging inventions of modern human history. just imagine how much time was wasting by the collective mass of humanity over the last 10 years clicking meaningless likes to give each other little dopamine hits. It's like collective mass addiction.

Do you watch Black Mirror? Your post reminded me of that episode on social media where people are obsessed about the amount of likes or something they get because it adds to their personal rating which is publicized and basically takes over their lives.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1091, Bell wrote:Nahdia, you assumed that they intended to come off as they did when you shouldn't know that. Or rather that her expectations and what happened don't necessarily follow.

FF: It makes me happy to hear you say that cause I'm not and you aren't. :]
Don't know what bell was responding to nahdia about here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 4258, Tammy wrote:
In post 1091, Bell wrote:Nahdia, you assumed that they intended to come off as they did when you shouldn't know that. Or rather that her expectations and what happened don't necessarily follow.

FF: It makes me happy to hear you say that cause I'm not and you aren't. :]
Don't know what bell was responding to nahdia about here.
Never mind he's talking to SS about nahdia.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:12 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 4257, Tammy wrote:Do you watch Black Mirror? Your post reminded me of that episode on social media where people are obsessed about the amount of likes or something they get because it adds to their personal rating which is publicized and basically takes over their lives.
yup :3

and its totally true too :)

Social media is awful about this likes thing truly :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1407, Bell wrote:Also, Tammy crushed a town ALT I had for like 3 games, forever ago and the wound never healed. Collage posting explains some of the issue, but I think she might be really good at putting them together in a way that Lancer didn't.
Sometimes bell makes posts like this that just don’t make any sense. There was an earlier post where he said midway bear just seemed like vanilla town. And I’m like we’re these intended for the scum pt and we’re these evidence of a traitor hunt?

Don’t want to wifom on that point; he was probably just trying to be confusing.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Tammy »

Hmm so peta did my expecting you to nottown read me reaction to your vote make you even more concerned about my alignment?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:53 am

Post by petapan »

In post 4262, Tammy wrote:Hmm so peta did my expecting you to nottown read me reaction to your vote make you even more concerned about my alignment?
i think the opposite, if memory serves right. you didn't try to bully me into townreading you, you were cognizant of how i'd be thinking and aware that what you had done wouldn't regster as town to me. i only really came around to you as town when you made your posts with the dethy outed
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Tammy »

Nahdia - I’m sorry that yesterday I said you have a scummy playstyle. It’s not true; it’s my fault if I can’t understand where someone is coming from because I’m not considering things fully. I’m liking some things better on reread than I did in the moment, and the little things I did like in the moment I likeeven more. (Hopefully this is how I really feel and not me being swayed by outside voices!)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 4263, petapan wrote:
In post 4262, Tammy wrote:Hmm so peta did my expecting you to nottown read me reaction to your vote make you even more concerned about my alignment?
i think the opposite, if memory serves right. you didn't try to bully me into townreading you, you were cognizant of how i'd be thinking and aware that what you had done wouldn't regster as town to me. i only really came around to you as town when you made your posts with the dethy outed
Yeah, I didn’t, but you didn’t come around as town until confirmed. So I was wondering if my reaction pinged yiu more.

I’m just asking because I find it interesting. I’m noticing that a few times, you’ve backed off if there has been some indignation in response, which had me thinking man my response probably rubbed him the wrong way lol
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4255, midwaybear wrote:Self conscious much?
In post 4256, Tammy wrote:cake also did not see what people saw during first bell push and joined the push on cabd and pushed back on my disagreement with DS's reasons for cabd scum.

yeah that is definitely self conscious; I've been trying to decide if it means anything lol i'm like the queen of the self-conscious so don't know how much to read in other people heh
Bulge accused me of active lurking so yes lol
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 4264, Tammy wrote:Nahdia - I’m sorry that yesterday I said you have a scummy playstyle. It’s not true; it’s my fault if I can’t understand where someone is coming from because I’m not considering things fully. I’m liking some things better on reread than I did in the moment, and the little things I did like in the moment I likeeven more. (Hopefully this is how I really feel and not me being swayed by outside voices!)
I don't really think an apology is necessary, but thanks I suppose.

Sorry I'm not posting too much rn, I'm just looking over old content here and there and mulling it over in my head. I can be responsive if there are questions towards me. I'm mostly trying to work through my paranoia on peta.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Tammy »

I’m trying to work through my paranoia on peta myself! Is there anything that stands out to you either way?

(Maybe it wasn’t necessary, but when I feel like I might have been hurtful I dwell on it a lot.)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 4266, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4256, Tammy wrote:cake also did not see what people saw during first bell push and joined the push on cabd and pushed back on my disagreement with DS's reasons for cabd scum.

Who do you think bells partners are?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Tammy »

I have finished reading day one but my eyes are crossing and I need to step away.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Nahdia »

this is the big one
In post 3800, Nahdia wrote:
In post 3794, The Bulge wrote:what do you think of peta's push and subsequent belly-upping once i flip?
i actually was just thinking about how peta earlier said "if i was scum here i would probably be playing this day more confidently" () and now we're here. it does give me a bit of pause, yeah!
at this point im basically ready to bet the game on midwaybear being town, though i could re-evaluate that a few flips down the road? which leaves me with peta, ds, and cakez. another potential angle; i need to decide if this later two could be partners, actually.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Tammy »

Why would you bet the game on midwaybear? I go back and forth on him. I really really like his beginning game, and I see what he means about him voting bell early, but later on he points out that he doesn't see what's so wrong with bell and only voted him for disliking a few positions (though scum might be too self-conscious to post this) and I'm not sure what to make of the way he reacts to Tayl0r during the reveal and end of day one.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Nahdia »

his reactions to and perspectives on events have read really genuine and towny. be quite impressed if they were faked.

-Zaphkael, 2020
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4269, Tammy wrote:
In post 4266, SirCakez wrote:

Who do you think bells partners are?
I still haven't had the chance to reevaluate because I've been so fucking busy the past few days with school. I still think Nahdia is scummy but since Gamma and Bulge flipped town there must be at least one scum elsewhere. Probably midway and/or DS (if I'm wrong on Nahdia)
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”