Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Tommy »

While I'm waiting for lowell to come back and explain himself, I might as well pick up on this:
bionicchop2 wrote:If a miller dies, we have an easy lynch with you.
Do people agree with this sentiment?

Happy birthday, crywolf.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:19 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Tommy wrote:
I wouldn't expect multiples of any role (other than mason) is a mini game, so I would be willing to lynch off of it.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Ythill »

Tommy wrote:
A dead miller would certainly be solid evidence against user. FTR: I have played minis with multiple cops and docs but I think multiple millers would be generally unbalanced.

Tommy, after you have your answers (or sooner if you feel it's appropriate) I'd like to know what you hoped to learn by asking this question.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Tommy wrote:
Yeah. Two masons in one game? Seems REALLY unlikely. I dont think its ever been done and the game woud be swingy as hell. I think gorcs a better mod than that.
I play the games rul gud.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Ermm.. didn't Elias mean two millers in post 78?
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah I did. Good catch there.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Tommy »

Ythill wrote:Tommy, after you have your answers (or sooner if you feel it's appropriate) I'd like to know what you hoped to learn by asking this question.
I wanted to check with players who are more experienced than me whether bionicchop's heuristic was reliable. If so, it means I know what should happen if we find another miller - and also makes iamausername's claim more believable (because more risky). If not, it means I should suspect bionicchop of trying to set up a potential mislynch. I reckon I've got my answer.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Tommy wrote:
Ythill wrote:Tommy, after you have your answers (or sooner if you feel it's appropriate) I'd like to know what you hoped to learn by asking this question.
I wanted to check with players who are more experienced than me whether bionicchop's heuristic was reliable. If so, it means I know what should happen if we find another miller - and also makes iamausername's claim more believable (because more risky). If not, it means I should suspect bionicchop of trying to set up a potential mislynch. I reckon I've got my answer.
Eh, the claim isnt that risky because millers are very uncommon roles in todays forum meta. So like, its actually a fairly safe claim.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by iamausername »

Speaking with the knowledge of my role: If another miller showed up dead, I'd assume that meant there was no cop, and that gorckat deliberately designed the setup to throw us off guard.

Speaking objectively: If another miller showed up dead, I'd probably want to lynch me too, if I were anyone else. :D

##Unvote, ##vote: crywolf
. I don't like the way she pushed a Tony wagon in this post without actually commiting to it herself. Feels like she was fishing to see if it would gain any traction, and retracted her 'suspicion' when it became clear it wouldn't.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Ythill wrote:@Tony: Your vote on Darox seemed to be too serious too soon. You’ve ignored him since then. Why?
Wasn't really serious, emphasis on the random part.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

iamausername wrote: I don't like the way she pushed a Tony wagon in this post without actually commiting to it herself. Feels like she was fishing to see if it would gain any traction, and retracted her 'suspicion' when it became clear it wouldn't.
QFT,
FOS: crywolf

For now, I'm going to believe user's claim. This does not mean, however, that I'm going to stick with that belief.

Still waiting on Lowel. Maybe this (
##unvote, ##vote: Lowel
) will help.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:49 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

TonyMontana (2):
Elias, Lowell
Darox:
TonyMontana
Ythill:
Rashiminos
crywolf:
iamausername
Lowell:
fhqwhgads

Not voting (6):
bionic, crywolf, Darox, Tommy, Westbrook, Ythill

**Westbrook has received his first prod.**
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:57 am

Post by TonyMontana »

iamausername wrote:Unvote, vote: crywolf. I don't like the way she pushed a Tony wagon in this post without actually commiting to it herself. Feels like she was fishing to see if it would gain any traction, and retracted her 'suspicion' when it became clear it wouldn't.
I agree it seems fishy, especially given that all she had to add to my list of crimes was "talking".
But I also feel lowell was the one putting out the bait. He laid suspicion on me, and stamped it with a vote, without really leaving me with anything to defend or explain. I'd welcome another attempt, Lowell.

##unvote, vote: Lowell
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I find it odd that people agree with crywolf looking scummy, but then vote for Lowell.

##vote: Crywolf
The above written statement is pro-town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh, noes!!! Two votes!!!!

@Elias- if you were soft-claiming mason in 78, just come out with it and be proud! I'll protect you. D1 mason claims are game-breakers. I promise!

@Tony- without looking back, IIRC your post in response to user's miller claim was something like "Well, I personally am inclined to agree. But everyone should make up his or her mind. If anyone wants to
VOTE
for
IAMAUSERNAME
I wouldn't be opposed to that
VOTE
on
IAMAUSERNAME
, even though I, personally, would never dream of
VOTE
ing for
IAMAUSERNAME
."

It's just a half-assed way of looking at things. It looks a lot like you're setting yourself up for a "change of mind" were others to start not believing the claim.

@all- as for my post about wanting a lot of people dead, let me explain. I said that because I want a lot of people dead. Not
everyone
, mind you, just... you know.... most people. All the scum, and some of the more useless townsfolk. Just me and maybe one or two others remaining. Is Britney Spears (circa 1999) in this game? She can stay.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Tommy »

Lowell wrote:without looking back
I'd like you to defend your criticism of TonyMontana WITH looking back. Only then can you feasibly accuse anyone else of being "half-assed".
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Lowell »

TonyMontana wrote:Well, I guess it's kinda redundant, whether we imagine he was investigated or not.
We really just have to decide for ourself if we believe user is a miller. Personally, I think he is, but it's a sticky situation, seeing as there's no way to confirm it other than a lynch. Or, heaven forbid, someone counter-claims.

Truth be told, this is the first game I've heard of the role, had to look up the wiki to find out what a miller was, so I don't know how usual the role is. The more frequent milllers appear in games, the less likely it would be for user to be a scum. (ie, doesnt have much risk of a counterclaim)

Nonetheless, I think claiming initially was a good move, if for nothing else than to kick-start the game.

The flavor seemed plausible as well..
Here is the post. It's dumber than I remember. He suggests, at various times: lynching, counterclaiming, fake-claiming, metagaming, flavor-testing.

This post reeks of tony trying to bait someone else into opposing the claim.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Lowell wrote:Here is the post. It's dumber than I remember. He suggests, at various times: lynching, counterclaiming, fake-claiming, metagaming, flavor-testing.

This post reeks of tony trying to bait someone else into opposing the claim.
i
Lol, what?
You are grasping at straws and exaggerating to make it feasible.

Throwing out keywords and wrapping it up with packaging like "he suggests" and "at various times" (like my post is riddled with it)
I mentioned the word "lynch" once. (far from suggesting it)
Sure the word counterclaim came up twice, in a fashion that makes sense, if you were reading the post without trying to extrapolate scumminess from it.
The rest, fakeclaiming, metagaming and flavor-testing, is just you trying to make your weak attack look more valid by spreading butter on a skinny slice of bread.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 am

Post by gorckat »

Westbrook is /out. I hope to have a replacement very soon.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Tommy »

Whoa there, Lowell. Firstly, there's no need to be rude.

Secondly, you're putting words into his mouth. He doesn't suggest lynching, counter-claiming or fake-claiming. It's particularly impressive that you accuse him of suggesting counter-claiming, since he introduced that concept with "heaven forbid".

He does indeed appeal to both meta-game patterns and the authenticity of iamausername's piano teacher flavour, but how can those things possibly count as "trying to bait someone else into opposing the claim"? Both of them support the claim's truth!

FOS: Lowell
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:57 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

@lowell: I strongly dislike this macho, bombastic, jock gameplay style. It pisses off half the players, make people think you are scummy on much less justification than is normally necessary and just usually confuse the hell out of everyone (except scum of course, they are enjoying this outburst, assuming you aren't one of 'em).

##Unvote
for now, as my vote was cast initially only to get you talking, which it did. But you're not off the hook yet. A whole
HOS:Lowell
, because of all that bull you just pulled out of one post. If you want to accuse someone, I want facts, not exaggerated insults.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:15 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Tommy wrote:Whoa there, Lowell. Firstly, there's no need to be rude.

Secondly, you're putting words into his mouth. He doesn't suggest lynching, counter-claiming or fake-claiming. It's particularly impressive that you accuse him of suggesting counter-claiming, since he introduced that concept with "heaven forbid".

He does indeed appeal to both meta-game patterns and the authenticity of iamausername's piano teacher flavour, but how can those things possibly count as "trying to bait someone else into opposing the claim"? Both of them support the claim's truth!

FOS: Lowell
I perticually don't like this post, and you were also quick to defend Tony in post 90 as well, but in post 68 (sorry none of these are linked) you told Tony to shut the hell up. Why the change in heart?
iamausername wrote:
##Unvote, ##vote: crywolf
. I don't like the way she pushed a Tony wagon in this post without actually commiting to it herself. Feels like she was fishing to see if it would gain any traction, and retracted her 'suspicion' when it became clear it wouldn't.
How was I "pushing" for a bandwagon in that post? (It's post 50) I FOSed him, and that was good enough for me at the time. I didn't go shouting that we need to lynch Tony that moment.

@Fhqwh: You told User to shut up, then FOSed me, as though you agreed with him. May I ask why you agree?

As for user's claim for Miller, I'm just going to let it be a big red arrow pointing at his head, saying I shouldn't be completely trusted just yet.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:22 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Edit:

As for user's claim for miller, I'm just going to let it be a big red arrow saying that he shouldn't be trusted just yet.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:26 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

bionicchop2 wrote:I find it odd that people agree with crywolf looking scummy, but then vote for Lowell.

##vote: Crywolf
Can I ask what I've done scummy in your opinion before I get a little ticked off at the vote?

fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

crywolf20084 wrote: @Fhqwh: You told User to shut up, then FOSed me, as though you agreed with him. May I ask why you agree?
Well, I... wait what?

I never told user to shut up? I agreed with his reason to FOS you, as I thought was implied in my statement 'QFT'.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”