Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Staarling »

In post 929, Battle Mage wrote:if you were town here Gypyx, I don't understand why you didn't put up more of a fight
doesn't this make more sense from Gypyx if he's just a vanilla townie? i think he'd put up more of a fight if he was a powerful role or mafia..
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

this is the sort of game where if scum includes any 2 of Shelly-Datisi-Iconeum, town is screwed because they will steamroll the days. on the flipside, if they are all town, it should be a good bet for a win.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 950, Staarling wrote:
In post 929, Battle Mage wrote:if you were town here Gypyx, I don't understand why you didn't put up more of a fight
doesn't this make more sense from Gypyx if he's just a vanilla townie? i think he'd put up more of a fight if he was a powerful role or mafia..
well he clearly isnt a powerful town role as he claimed vanilla. I think scum are as liable to give-up tbh, although I wasn't making an assertion about his alignment in the post above, so you've inferred that yourself. it would depend on who the partner is and the gamestate though.

keen to get your general thoughts on me!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Staarling »

@Ydrasse: your triangle is almost like mine! we both have almost straight line graphs :>

@Battle Mage: hmmm i dunno. i was confused by post 928 as well because it seems like an innocent mistake Gypyx made even if he is mafia so why would it make you more confident
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 953, Staarling wrote:@Ydrasse: your triangle is almost like mine! we both have almost straight line graphs :>

@Battle Mage: hmmm i dunno. i was confused by post 928 as well because it seems
like an innocent mistake Gypyx made even if he is mafia
so why would it make you more confident
i didn't assume it was an innocent mistake, no. It could have been, but the fact is he cut out a key part of the sentence and then used this botched statement to reach a conclusion which:

A. Didn't make sense and was clearly not the most likely explanation for what I meant.
B. Made me look bad i.e. shading me.

Not that it would really benefit him to do that if he was scum I guess, given he has clearly accepted he is dying. So no, overall I suppose I'm not convinced he's scum, but I didn't like the seemingly intentional misrep.

I'm going to go for a soul-read though and VOTE: Staarling. The white-knighting of Gypyx screams informed-scum distancing from an inevitable townflip, and the bold above feels like a slip to get the alignment the wrong way around.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

also I just feel like it wouldve made more sense to be concerned about the fact I'm fundamentally voting Gypyx whilst not being overly convinced he's scum, rather than critiquing some vague justification after the event. Like, it's not hard to explain why you might think I was scum, but you chose an odd justification in my view.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

also you havent done anything to defend Gypyx - you've shown up at a point where he is seemingly certain to be elimmed, to get some nominal towncred if he flips green, but without fighting hard to derail anything.

It feels like everyone's spirits have been crushed by the 39 pages so far...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

we dont have time or momentum to actually do it, but let it be noted I am now scumreading Staarling, and Shelly please stick her back in your gunsmith pool.

VOTE: Gypyx
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Staarling »

i really don't like Battle Mage now
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Datisi »

i agree that like, if gypyx is scum here, the plan was to act as anti-survivalistically as possible, and failing that then giving up like this *probably* means the scumteam ain't in the best position anyway and the game is Probably Easy

BM, you don't townread me?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Staarling »

VOTE: Battle Mage

seems to me that he changed his mind on me as soon as he saw i had some suspicion on him
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Staarling »

@battle mage: i'm suspicious of you because you're one of the people voting for Gypyx who i think is a townie but i think i dislike your reasons the most. i think you're making them up
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 958, Staarling wrote:i really don't like Battle Mage now
yeah i saw you were paving the way for this tomorrow anyway. crumbing in some suspicion of me to set up a mis-elim off the back of Gypyx. Let's battle! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 961, Staarling wrote:@battle mage: i'm suspicious of you because you're one of the people voting for Gypyx who i think is a townie but i think i dislike your reasons the most. i think you're making them up
This is one of my issues with your assessment of me. You think Gypyx is probably town, as do I. But despite my read, I'm voting him. So surely you should be suspicious of me for that?

But no, instead you try to look like you're scumhunting by attempting to delve into trivialities of my assessment of one of Gypyx's posts - which frankly is neither here nor there.

I could understand you suspecting me, but you've jumped over the patently obvious reason, and your actual reason isn't credible. I've challenged you on this, and you've declined to respond. If you were really suspicious of everyone voting Gypyx, I think you would have said so, or at least done more to stop him being elimmed. But I figure if you're scum you'd be worried about alienating too many people?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 959, Datisi wrote:i agree that like, if gypyx is scum here, the plan was to act as anti-survivalistically as possible, and failing that then giving up like this *probably* means the scumteam ain't in the best position anyway and the game is Probably Easy

maybe true, if he flips scum. but i dont feel good about it at all - especially the way the wagon has stalled with nobody willing to hammer. Usually the sign of a town wagon. Can we really not do an alternative?

And I don't have a strong townread on you, no. Nor do I particularly scumread you. You're not on the list I'd currently be elimming except by association perhaps.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 960, Staarling wrote: seems to me that he changed his mind on me as soon as he saw i had some suspicion on him
not exactly - I changed my mind on you as soon as you appeared like you knew Gypyx would flip town and wanted to gently put your weight behind a BM mis-elim tomorrow, and your reason for doing so was not believable.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 964, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 959, Datisi wrote:i agree that like, if gypyx is scum here, the plan was to act as anti-survivalistically as possible, and failing that then giving up like this *probably* means the scumteam ain't in the best position anyway and the game is Probably Easy

maybe true, if he flips scum. but i dont feel good about it at all - especially the way the wagon has stalled with nobody willing to hammer. Usually the sign of a town wagon. Can we really not do an alternative?

And I don't have a strong townread on you, no. Nor do I particularly scumread you. You're not on the list I'd currently be elimming except by association perhaps.
i don't think that's the case, ydrasse has said she's going to hammer, no? and like, i dunno. i started off good on gypyx. then he started lurking out, until the main wagon claimed PR, at which case he pre-emptively claimed VT and started acting as unsurvivalistically as possible which is like, not giving me Good Feels. also the whole scummy-VT-claim, never getting shot, risk of outing more PRs, *especially* this close to deadline where we potentially risk a no-elim.

how much do you factor meta into your reads? like i feel like i'm decently towny so far, especially considering the experience you have with me, so i'm kinda curious about that
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Staarling »

@Battle Mage: i'm not suspicious of everyone voting for gypyx!! just you cuz the reasons you were giving when talking about him seemed maybe like you were lying. even if you're not confident and think he's a townie, you still gave reasons for why he's mafia while voting him like you were trying to justify your vote, and those didn't seem real to me

@shelly: i think you should do a gunsmith check on battle mage :>
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 320, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 257, Iconeum wrote:I see we are still a couple heads down so far

where's Mini and the Bailey?
Im here just didnt realise the game started lol.
I feel like you are town and from my understanding
you're fairly new to this?
lol this makes me so happy, and actually makes me think it ain't Ico-Mini. hmm....

It's definitely Mini + 1, given her iso, so maybe that's the starting point.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Gypyx »

Hmmm, straaling's "slip" doesn't look that problematic to me BM, like, if she is under the mindset that i'm town, i also see her writing that, i'd say it's 50/50

Anways i'll answer your question Battle boi
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 966, Datisi wrote:
In post 964, Battle Mage wrote:

i don't think that's the case, ydrasse has said she's going to hammer, no? and like, i dunno. i started off good on gypyx. then he started lurking out, until the main wagon claimed PR, at which case he pre-emptively claimed VT and started acting as unsurvivalistically as possible which is like, not giving me Good Feels. also the whole scummy-VT-claim, never getting shot, risk of outing more PRs, *especially* this close to deadline where we potentially risk a no-elim.

how much do you factor meta into your reads? like i feel like i'm decently towny so far, especially considering the experience you have with me, so i'm kinda curious about that
i dont actually feel i have that strong a meta on you! You're fairly null mate, sorry! In contrast, coz I've played scum with Ydrasse, been on the receiving end of scum-Ydrasse and seen her as town, I feel I have a confident meta on her.

On Gypyx, I liked the VT claim there, I think I'd have done similar as town in the past. He didn't need to do it, and it was obviously going to get him run up. I do appreciate the point about not running up another PR, but eh...

I just think it's Mini + 1. Mad we aren't elimming there today really...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 969, Gypyx wrote:Hmmm, straaling's "slip" doesn't look that problematic to me BM, like, if she is under the mindset that i'm town, i also see her writing that, i'd say it's 50/50

Anways i'll answer your question Battle boi
it's not a stonewall scumslip, but it pinged me for sure!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

Btw we have like a 1 in 7 chance of running that other PR though, and that's not even counting the fact that we're more likely to get scum (fmpov of course cuz i know i'm town)

Also datisi quick answer, the thing is that this :
>rl busy af
>i finally get the time to catch up
>Make a mid-catchup post
>mfw somehow i'm confscum 1 hour later
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 967, Staarling wrote:@Battle Mage: i'm not suspicious of everyone voting for gypyx!! just you cuz the reasons you were giving when talking about him seemed maybe like you were lying. even if you're not confident and think he's a townie, you still gave reasons for why he's mafia while voting him like you were trying to justify your vote, and those didn't seem real to me
yeah, so like I said, you're being very careful to only suspect one person, and your reason is weak. You're accusing me of lying about a justification which I made after the fact - what's the motive? Why does scum-BM even bother to retrospectively justify a potentially elimming vote I've made on somebody? It's completely meaningless. In a funny way, I agree it wasn't a very good justification (I have already acknowledged this), and was probably more an outrage reaction at being misrepped than something which really indicated Gypyx-scum. But you're accusing me of lying, which is both untrue, and doesn't make any sense if I was scum. You also haven't engaged with any of my behaviour since, which I think you would have done if you were really interested in working out my alignment.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 972, Gypyx wrote:Btw we have like a 1 in 7 chance of running that other PR though, and that's not even counting the fact that we're more likely to get scum (fmpov of course cuz i know i'm town)

Also datisi quick answer, the thing is that this :
>rl busy af
>i finally get the time to catch up
>Make a mid-catchup post
>mfw somehow i'm confscum 1 hour later
I really think, if it was solely up to me, I risk outting a PR and flip Mini here. *shrug*
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”