Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:1 - I was so very wrong about Mac. I would have defended him to the end. I got suckered big time.
CF Riot wrote:Forgot to answer this. Umm, I guess since Walnut is dead my revised thoughts are Walnut is town and Mac is scum. =/ I don't know what else to add to it. I need to go back and see if Mac did any distancing, or if anyone did any distancing from Mac. I used the night phase as time off since school started again and it's been the weekend.
At the time the players who had posted were charter, myself, you (camn), farkshinsoup, and CF Riot. 50% of players other than me. That is sufficient to say they were surprised that he was scum.

I wasn't terribly surprised, it was very reassuring for my ego, since I always doubt myself in twilight.

Thesp: So you are not paranoid as you thought then? I'm not going to press you for your result, since we can rely on the doc protecting you.

All: I am treating Thesp as confirmed, as the only way for him not to be town is for him to be buddies with Fark, which I just don't see at this time. This is not final, but it is unlikely to change. (This does of course assume that all role PM's are complete)
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by CF Riot »

So Fark, other than they're trying to set you up, why do you think scum picked Walnut over you? Who's most suspicious to you now?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by charter »

I don't like Riot's post right there. I want to throw out my opinion, but will wait until after Fark's response.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Walnut »

Bah :(

Oh well, killed by mafia during night 2 rather than night 1, that seems an improvement, but only if the town wins- go town!
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

CF Riot wrote:So Fark, other than they're trying to set you up, why do you think scum picked Walnut over you? Who's most suspicious to you now?
I'd rather not speculate further at the moment, not sure it's very productive.

I haven't come to any conclusions about scum yet.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Tinsley »

Vote: CF Riot

I could go back and finish my PBPA on him, but I don't think anyone's interested. Bottom Line: I thought Riot's play mirrored Mac's through D1 and most of D2. On D1 Mac voted Walnut while helping to push the Netlava bandwagon. Meanwhile Riot voted Netlava while helping to push the Walnut wagon. Both came in on D2 pushing hard for a Walnut lynch. Both refused to vote me while the rest of the town was suspicious of me.

I think the fact that they started pointing fingers at each other toward the end of D2 was just distancing.

Fark - Who did you protect last night?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Fark wrote:4 - I protected Thesp again last night.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Thesp »

farkshinsoup wrote:3 - Not sure why I'm still alive, I think that scum is hoping that there's enough suspicion on me to get me lynched.

4 - I protected Thesp again last night. Eager to hear if his investigation bore any fruit.
I wasn't roleblocked last night (as far as I can tell), so there are a couple of possibilities:

1) The mafia have some sort of investigation impeder, whether someone that flips revealed alignments or otherwise gives misinformation to a cop.

2) There is a serial killer and/or vig, and people have tried to kill me twice in a row.

3) Farkshinsoup is mafia, and the mafia cannot kill me as long as I'm alive because it blows his cover.

4) The mafia have a roleblocker, blocked farkshinsoup, and killed someone other than me.

5) The mafia made a suboptimal play, hoping that we'd go after farkshinsoup.

As I see it, (1) is unlikely, as we've already seen a Godfather. (2) is conceivable, but unlikely and not worth a lot of speculation at this point. (4) is somewhat silly - conceivable if they think I'm worthless (with all my paranoia talk), but still unlikely. (3) & (5) are the most likely scenarios, with (3) being perhaps the most awesome, but (5) being most likely. (There are a couple more, even more remote, possibilities, but none I thought were worth mentioning.)

If farkshinsoup is scum, he can't afford to kill me, especially as it's clear the mafia likely don't have a roleblocker. (If they did, the most likely/obvious choices are RB fark & kill me, or RB me.) As long as farkshinsoup is alive, then
if
there's only one killing group, and
if
the mafia does not have a roleblocking ability (which I think is likely the case), we're looking pretty good at this point.

I'm probably going to be more reticent about my suspicions at this point - what I say about people will give away some possibilities of whom I investigated, and it's ideal if the people I investigated aren't the people that get killed. (No sense painting a target on them for the mafia.) I do have some strong feelings about some players, and if you will permit me, I'll be more inclined to join and add to bandwagons that form that I like to add pressure, rather than instigate them at this time. (Not what I'd like to do, but tactically I think it's best.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:44 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I'm here now - I was at a convention yesterday.

Walnut... gone? I suppose it makes sense to try and keep Fark around in hopes he'll be lynched.

My current potential scum list is the same as camn's, really. But I'm keeping the possibility that Fark is scum in mind.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 am

Post by charter »

I'm in agreement with Tinsley. I think LG is scum, and either Riot or Fark is the last one with the remote possibility of SG being the last scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

charter 1 (Lord Gurgi)
Lord Gurgi 1 (charter)
CF Riot 1 (Tinsley)

Not Voting:
Thesp, Farkshinsoup, CF Riot, ShadowGirl, camn

8 Alive = 5 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am

Post by CF Riot »

charter wrote:I don't like Riot's post right there. I want to throw out my opinion, but will wait until after Fark's response.
Ok Charter you can go ahead and comment now. I will say though that I do have reasons for these things.

Camn on what grounds have you cleared Fark and SG?

Tinsley if you were right (you're not) who would be my buddy? Still Charter? The only thing I can say for my play being mirrored by Mac is just that. Look at the sequence of events. My actions were never following his, always the reverse. I'm assuming he put his support behind the strongest arguments given because they had the most potential to gain support.

Charter why is the possibility of SG being scum "remote"?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 am

Post by charter »

I don't like how you ask Fark for reasons scum did something. I also don't like how you say other than the most obvious reason, why do you think they left you alive. What is the purpose behind that question? Asking Fark who he's suspicious of like that makes me think you're worried or anxious about something.

SG being scum is remote by process of elimination. LG is scum. Tinsley and camn aren't. Thesp isn't. That leaves you and Fark, both of which have had much questionable play this game. SG hasn't been as sneaky as you two, so I don't think she's very likely to be scum.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 am

Post by CF Riot »

I see where you're coming from, but I assure you there are real reasons. I'm not worried, I'm curious. And when I'm asking Fark why scum did <X>, I'm not expecting him to either be right or wrong on guessing what they thought. I just want to see his take on the matter, since he is the person in question. (i.e. leaving him alive.)

What "much questionable play" have I had? I've thought my play so far has been pretty deliberate and with good reason. What about SG makes you think she's not being sneaky? The one thing her name has come up for more than anything else in this game is lurking, (possibly for honest reasons, though that is not certain) which is commonly considered a "sneaky" tactic for scum. For that matter, when have I or Fark been "sneaky"?
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Tinsley »

CF Riot wrote:Tinsley if you were right (you're not) who would be my buddy? Still Charter? The only thing I can say for my play being mirrored by Mac is just that. Look at the sequence of events. My actions were never following his, always the reverse. I'm assuming he put his support behind the strongest arguments given because they had the most potential to gain support.
Still leaning toward charter, but the timing of his vote on Mac has me a little perplexed. It did not seem to me that Thesp, Fark, or Camn were going to change their vote from me to Mac. If charter is in fact Mac's scumbuddy, I would think he would keep his vote on me in that situation, and let me be lynched at deadline. I haven't ruled LG out as a scum candidate, I just think charter's play has been scummier.

In regards to "your actions never following his", I disagree. While your vote on Netlava (Post 173) on D1 was the first on the bandwagon that got him lynched, Mac had been casting suspicion on Netlava since at least Post 141.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:26 am

Post by charter »

Riot, I suppose sneaky was the wrong word.

Did myself a little reread of day one.
Mac's 278 mentions quite a few people. He Foses or votes Walnut, Netlava, Batt, and Riot. Call it WIFOM, but I don't think that he would say he's suspicious of four townies. I know there's no way of proving this, but I do know that as scum myself, I always try to do a fair bit of distancing, which this seems like in this post. It also claims LG town, so it's quite suspect.

You also flip flop on BB. At first you say something along the lines of it being "ridiculous" to lynch BB based off his claim, then you later say that his actions were scummy.

You went through great lengths to say you believed Walnut to be scum and myself not on day two. It really seemed like you wanted the Walnut lynch on day two, and were agreeing with me because Walnut's play had been questionable whereas mine was much more erratic.

I think LG and Riot are the scum. I desperately want to lynch LG over Riot however.
Granted I don't have much hard evidence on Riot, lots more of gut feelings, but I don't like how he immediately opened up the day questioning Fark. No one else did.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Tinsley wrote:
CF Riot wrote:Tinsley if you were right (you're not) who would be my buddy? Still Charter? The only thing I can say for my play being mirrored by Mac is just that. Look at the sequence of events. My actions were never following his, always the reverse. I'm assuming he put his support behind the strongest arguments given because they had the most potential to gain support.
Still leaning toward charter, but the timing of his vote on Mac has me a little perplexed. It did not seem to me that Thesp, Fark, or Camn were going to change their vote from me to Mac. If charter is in fact Mac's scumbuddy, I would think he would keep his vote on me in that situation, and let me be lynched at deadline. I haven't ruled LG out as a scum candidate, I just think charter's play has been scummier.
It's called bussing, also your unvote was pretty screwing for anyone still on your wagon.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Tinsley »

I understand the bussing theory, but I just don't see why scum would unvote a townie who's likely to be lynched, just so they can lynch their buddy.

As far as the unvote on Mac, I started having doubts about him after I found Fark's FOS on Thesp to start D2. I didn't want Fark to vote Mac while he was sitting at L-1, and shut down all conversation on that evidence until D3.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

It's true, I don't see why he would lynch his partner over a townie? [I understand bussing, but in this instance it doesn't make as much sense to do so.]
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Because it's WIFOM. That's why it doesn't make sense.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by charter »

Or it might be because I'm actually a townie and scumGurgi is clutching to whatever he can to build a case against me.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by camn »

CF Riot wrote: Camn on what grounds have you cleared Fark and SG?
The play against Batt on N1 clears SG, I think..

and I believe Fark's claim.

But I would say Fark is MORE clean than SG.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Hn, I do understand it's WIFOM but... I think it's less likely that he would get his own partner lynched instead of Tinsley.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Still haven't had time to reread. Hopefully before the weekend.

Vote: Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Why?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”