BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

What I really find disconcerting is that you were almost willing to let this day end before I even explained what those initials were or what my argument against Jonathan is.

Though yes, I do find Killa's play
very
unnerving. He's obv not acting pro-town at all. It's like he doesn't even care about this game. By "disconcerting" did you mean "scummy?"
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

No, I mean unsettling. It's pretty clearly very anti-town and while it does seem to be his playstyle from what TSPN and AJ have said, I think the fact that they're both voting him regardless of this is a little telling.
Are you ready to explain the initials yet?
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by TDC »

Alabaska J wrote:However, I find TDC is starting to give me vibes. Bus perhaps? Eh, leave that for later.
Is CML giving you similar vibes?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:14 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
killa seven (3): TDC, jonathantan86, Alabaska J
BridgesAndBaloons (1): TheSweatPantsNinja
TDC (1): killa seven
jonathantan86 (1): BridgesAndBaloons

Not voting (1): CallMeLiam

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:16 am

Post by bird1111 »

Prodding jonathantan86.

From now on, keeping track of how many times I prod you per game day. If I prod you while you are V/LA it does not count, and if you would be prodded a third time, you will instead be replaced. I will keep track of how many times each person has been prodded in the current game day in the first post. If anyone has 3 or more prods this game day already, they will instead be replaced the next time I have to prod someone. This is to try and keep the activity levels up, as some of the games I've run here have been far too lurky. Replacements start over in terms of number of prods.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:41 am

Post by TDC »

CallMeLiam wrote:No, I mean unsettling. It's pretty clearly very anti-town and while it does seem to be his playstyle from what TSPN and AJ have said, I think the fact that they're both voting him regardless of this is a little telling.
According to the above vote count TSPN isn't voting him.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

TDC wrote:
CallMeLiam wrote:No, I mean unsettling. It's pretty clearly very anti-town and while it does seem to be his playstyle from what TSPN and AJ have said, I think the fact that they're both voting him regardless of this is a little telling.
According to the above vote count TSPN isn't voting him.
Oops, my bad. My point remains though, although it's only half as valid. A player with past experience of K7's 'lurky' style has found reason to vote for him, and I'd like to know what it is.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:30 am

Post by killa seven »

Alabaska J wrote:
CallMeLiam wrote:Can you humour me and explain the meta? I'm kinda tempted to hammer but I'd like to know more.
I have never seen killa lurk like this as town. Or be this way about defending himself. He is succinct and sarcastic; sort of like Simenon with bad spelling and punctuation.
I've never seen him like this and I've played multiple games with him as town.

However, I find TDC is starting to give me vibes. Bus perhaps? Eh, leave that for later.
its funny, im allways town and your allways scum.. every damn time!
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

BaB wrote:Jonathan: what do you think of Killa?
I think he's a lurker, and I think lurkers should generally be lynched (refer to my earlier post). And his current spate of posts shows that he's not really interested in contributing, so that gives me even more reason to vote him. My vote's currently on him, by the way.

I've been prodded twice in this game day, so I'll try to post more often.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:41 am

K, the reasons I voted for Jonathan (waited for him to come back) is that he's pretty much lurking in plain site with his posts. I mean this is a couple ways.

Looking at his posts in isolation, his begining posts really like talking about more disussion and what is good for the town, rather than actually doing anything. If feel like this doesn't make any sense, so here's some evidence to know what I'm talking about:
Jonathan's post 4 in isolation wrote:more discussion is good for the town. So I'm talking, trying to contribute. Slaine Hayes, TDC and hohum, what do you think?
He's going to contribute by asking
other
people to contribute? What?

Post 5 (I reccomend you read) really really seems like he's revealing his thought process as a townie (the two things I need to "straddle") so that other people will think he's a townie. Once again, these things are pretty obvious and he's not really adding to the discussion.

Post 8 is the first time he actually starts scum-hunting, but he didn't back it up with a vote. It seems he's again staying neutral and trying to test the waters with this suspicion.

Then from 8-12 he focuses on discussing scum's best strategy, which doesn't help town, but once again makes him look like he's contributing.

He is also really really careful in this game:
Jonathan post 13 wrote:I will put a vote on killa seven to pressure him to speak.
I do not mean to lynch the lurker
just yet though.
the bolded is totally unnecesary. It's as if he reread what he wrote and tacked it on there to assure the town he was pro-town. It's just overly careful. However, if you see later, he is actually subtly pushing for this lynch.

He says on post 16
jonathan wrote:some people think it is good to generally lunch lurkers.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0
he backs this up with a thread so that the idea doesn't come from him.
He wants to fit in with everyone else, and if "some people" want to lynch lurkers, then I should do.
How does it help the town to be a sheep?
jonathan post 17 wrote:I don't push
very strongly
for a BaB lynch.
Carefullness is underlined.

Also, Jonathan: if you think "BaB is the best candidate because of my profile of scum" why are you voting for Killa?

So, I voted because Jonathan was acting overly careful, and he was attempting to look like he's contributing while avoiding scum-hunting.

There's one more reason, which I'm just hanging on a little longer to reveal.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by killa seven »

jonathantan86 wrote:
BaB wrote:Jonathan: what do you think of Killa?
I think he's a lurker, and
I think lurkers should generally be lynched
(refer to my earlier post). And his current spate of posts shows that he's not really interested in contributing, so that gives me even more reason to vote him. My vote's currently on him, by the way.

I've been prodded twice in this game day, so I'll try to post more often
Contradiction.
Vote jonathatan86
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

BaB wrote: Then from 8-12 he focuses on discussing scum's best strategy, which doesn't help town, but once again makes him look like he's contributing.
Well...I gave my reasons for thinking that BaB was (at that time) my best scum candidate, and was waiting for other people to comment on it. So to me that does help town.
BaB wrote:he backs this up with a thread so that the idea doesn't come from him.
He wants to fit in with everyone else, and if "some people" want to lynch lurkers, then I should do.
How does it help the town to be a sheep?
I did specifically say that I agree with that position. How does backing up with a thread make the idea "not come from me", especially since I was the one who brought up that thread in the first place?

And I don't see anything wrong in being "overly carefull".
k7 wrote:Contradiction.
Vote jonathatan86
So...he is astute enough to spot the "contradiction" but not to comment on other parts of the game. I'm happy with my vote on him.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:04 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

OK.

Killa, you're still at L-1 and no closer to mountign a defense. Can I ask you why you've been lurking so hard?

Jonathantan: Do you think Killa's lurking is scummy or just not helpful? I'm wary of the size of the setup and I really don't want to mislynch today so I'd rather have a better reason to lynch someone than just inactivity.

BaB: I think I agree with Alabaska here re: Jon being noob town. All this looks more like carefulness than fence sitting.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Prodded TheSweatpantsNinja
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Gotta pop in here just for a short time, but
CallMeLiam wrote:
BaB: I think I agree with Alabaska here re: Jon being noob town. All this looks more like carefulness than fence sitting.
I personally have never seen noobs being careful. I always seem to find noobs being super eager. Jon's carefulness, in my opinion, is not a lack of self-confidence, but is a product of him trying to look like a townie. It seems to me simply him as scum trying to look townie.

Either way, he's
trying too hard

Perhaps if you really would like to defend himself, you would send me games you have been in were town noobs behaved just like Jonathan did, CML? Surely you must have experience with that if you believe that's noobness.

Btw, I am fine with the votes on Killa, especially after the weird way his vote that followed me.

Also, I will be V/La from the 30th-5th. I'll repost this in bold as that date comes up.
Signature:
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by killa seven »

CallMeLiam wrote:OK.

Killa, you're still at L-1 and no closer to mountign a defense. Can I ask you why you've been lurking so hard?

Jonathantan: Do you think Killa's lurking is scummy or just not helpful? I'm wary of the size of the setup and I really don't want to mislynch today so I'd rather have a better reason to lynch someone than just inactivity.

I generally lurk at the begining of games, and when i get wagoned for it i usually ignore it, what am i too defend? i havent done nothing scummy except not post.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 am

Post by TDC »

killa seven: Can you point me to a past game where you've been lynched?
Also it is hypocritical of you to call jon out for a contradiction for wanting to lynch lurkers while lurking himself, when your own lurking is more severe.

BAB: As it is I don't find your case on jon particularly convincing, though I see where you're coming from regarding his carefulness. What's the other reason (I assume it's connected to your mystery sentence)?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:10 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Moar like, can killa seven point you to a past game where he
hasn't
been lynched, amirite?

However, he's just being himself, and I don't see any particular reason to lynch him.

I'd find bab's push on jt more scummy if I didn't mostly agree with it.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:41 am

Post by TDC »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Moar like, can killa seven point you to a past game where he
hasn't
been lynched, amirite?
No, I meant what I wrote.

I suspect that he's an alt with the specific aim of building up an I-always-lurk meta that will win him every game he enters as scum. I might be wrong though, which is why I'm asking whether he was ever lynched (and if so, I could look into why he was lynched). I've looked through a few of his past games and he was either nightkilled or survived in all of them.
However, he's just being himself, and I don't see any particular reason to lynch him.
And what if he continues to be himself all game? How will you ever be able to judge him?
That said, this is an open setup, which makes things a bit easier.

---

AJ: You've mentioned that k7 plays different in this game than in other games you've been in with him. Can you elaborate? I don't really see a difference.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Dear K7,
That vote was horrible. Also, please defend yourself.
Yours truly,
Alabaska J
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

CML wrote:Jonathantan: Do you think Killa's lurking is scummy or just not helpful? I'm wary of the size of the setup and I really don't want to mislynch today so I'd rather have a better reason to lynch someone than just inactivity.
I definitely think that Killa's lurking is not helpful. So I think that's scummy, because not saying anything (including scum-hunting or defending yourself from accusations) can only favour the scum.

As for the size of the set up...yes I share your concerns. However if we just leave killa to lurk like this, there's no stopping him from doing so the entire game (and maybe in other games as well). So for meta-game reasons, I think we should lynch him. If we don't care about other games: If he's scum there's no way we can catch him (if we do not accept his lurking as a scum-tell) unless we use a cop investigation on him. If he's town, well...we would be wasting a cop investigation on him. So the penalty for not lynching a lurker is greater than zero.

Killa: You're at L-1 now. Are you town or scum? If you're town (as you would probably claim to be), please help by posting more and defending yourself.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:41 pm

^lol at above.

seriously,
So for meta-game reasons, I think we should lynch him.
Wow. WOW.
Does anyone else see what's wrong with this?

Also, I will reveal those weird abbreviations (I've already written up the post) as soon as one thing happens.

KILLA:
if there are
ANY
other reasons you voted for Jon,
now
is the time to reveal them. If you don't reveal any more reasons now, I'm going to assume you didn't know about the one that I'm going to reveal.

As soon as he answers this question, I will post my things. Please note I only have access for about 2 more hours tonight and then I won't have access for another 18 hours about.
Signature:
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I personally have never seen noobs being careful. I always seem to find noobs being super eager.
Interesting. That would explain it.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TDC!!!
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:00 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

BaB, I can't remember the number of the game in particular, but I have seen it.

K7, could you please go into your reasons for the vote if only to get BaB to explain his code.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”