forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow, lots of posts...so, anyway, I don't agree with lynch all lurkers. They are annoying, but it is pretty much random and odds are you are bombing a town body. I think speculation on who set up the DGB bomb is going to end up useless in the long run. Finally, is no one gonna tell me what Information Instead of Analysis voting is all about?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Iron Man »

I also dont agree with the lynch the lurker attitude. Granted, lurkers are unhelpful to the town, I would know as I've been one many a time, but just because a person lurks a little doesnt automatically make them scum.
I'm back.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

no, but it means they are completely useless, and may as well be dead.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Last I checked, a town body is a town body. The more town dead, the higher chance there is for scum win. So, they AREN'T completely useless.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Coron »

Battle Mage wrote: No, i mean, you had them all bunched together with no spaces, so when i quoted your post to respond, everything was a massive block of text that i had to try and decipher. :roll:
so basically you're just being whiny. There is a very easy way to quote my posts to say everything you need to say about it. press the quote button, find the end of the text that comes up, then add the letters QFT.
Battle Mage wrote:Ooh, i'm actually crapping myself. The power of books is NOTHING compared to the power of TEH INTERNETZ. :lol:
this is a general case, obviously in this case I can not throw I book at you(well, I could if I knew in which general direction you lived, but that's beside the point).
Battle Mage wrote:I'm not sure what's funnier. The fact you used a cool insult, or the fact you are making up words as you go along. rofl
I'm down with making up words, as long as they're easily understandable. For instance, if I say "I hulked my shirt the other day" you would totally know what I meant, even though hulk is not technically a verb.

Battle Mage wrote:Really? Can you please post games to back this up? Because, personally, i cant recall 1 game we shared together.
Quit being an idiot. Hypotheticals are not reality, if you want, replace all instances of BM or Battle Mage with Jim Bob. The name doesn't matter.
Battle Mage wrote:I don't actually care. Whether you are a good player or not, is irrelevant. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a MAFIA game. The concept of Mafia is that there are a group called the 'Mafia', who you can't trust. They are baddies, and regardless of how good they are, their aim is to mislead you. You mustn't trust them.
The point is, firstly, there's a what? 17/20 chance I'm town(well 16/19 from a protown player's perspective but still). Thems good odds. Plus, I don't expect you to trust me explicitly, and say "oh, Coron said it, it must be true". I want you to say "oh, Coron said it, that makes it more likely." There is a huge difference.
Battle Mage wrote:That is the first thing anybody learns about Mafia. So why the hell do you think people will trust your opinions on grounds of intelligence, when you've given NO reason to suggest that you are protown? I actually feel insulted, not just for me, but on behalf of everyone else here you've just insulted. 0.o
Wow, you're being dense, read my above paragraph.
Battle Mage wrote:
Coron wrote: Oh, and when I'm right this time, please remember it for next time. Thanks.
ugh. Grow up...
Are you saying that past experience with a player doesn't effect how you react to them? It should. If a player was right in the past it should increase your percieved chance of them being right in the future.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Crazy »

Battle Mage wrote:no, but it means they are completely useless, and may as well be dead.

BM
Yeah, but scum are even more useless.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Last I checked, a town body is a town body. The more town dead, the higher chance there is for scum win. So, they AREN'T completely useless.
actually, they ARE. lol
The value of a town body is their vote and ability to hunt scum. If someone ISN'T here, they are able to use neither. As town, they are deadweight, and won't get NKed, so we get stuck with them at endgame. As scum...well, theres nothing worse than allowing lurker-scum to survive the game... -.-

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crazy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:no, but it means they are completely useless, and may as well be dead.

BM
Yeah, but scum are even more useless.
being a lurker does not make you 100% protown?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Coron »

I agree that it is scary to look over lurkers too much, and that we should bias ourselves slightly towards anyone with few and/or particularly short posts(basically people with low content levels), in order to promote activity, but that doesn't mean that we just lynch them no questions asked, except in super extreme cases.

my 5 cents.

-Coron
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: No, i mean, you had them all bunched together with no spaces, so when i quoted your post to respond, everything was a massive block of text that i had to try and decipher. :roll:
so basically you're just being whiny. There is a very easy way to quote my posts to say everything you need to say about it. press the quote button, find the end of the text that comes up
like you do, ya mean? :roll:
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Ooh, i'm actually crapping myself. The power of books is NOTHING compared to the power of TEH INTERNETZ. :lol:
this is a general case, obviously in this case I can not throw I book at you(well, I could if I knew in which general direction you lived, but that's beside the point).
Have you got a webcam? I REALLY wanna see this! :lol:
:D
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I'm not sure what's funnier. The fact you used a cool insult, or the fact you are making up words as you go along. rofl
I'm down with making up words, as long as they're easily understandable. For instance, if I say "I hulked my shirt the other day" you would totally know what I meant, even though hulk is not technically a verb.
thats gotta be the worst example ever. 0.o
Hulked? You ripped it apart like the Hulk? That's my best guess, but i'm really clueless.
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Really? Can you please post games to back this up? Because, personally, i cant recall 1 game we shared together.
Quit being an idiot. Hypotheticals are not reality, if you want, replace all instances of BM or Battle Mage with Jim Bob. The name doesn't matter.
That's the problem, Mr Idiot. Ya see, your scenario was that, you would give a meta regardless of whether it existed or not, because that was your opinion. My point is that, because you have no grounds to make this meta, your opinion is invalid. Which is why i'm criticising your 'opinions' so far.
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I don't actually care. Whether you are a good player or not, is irrelevant. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a MAFIA game. The concept of Mafia is that there are a group called the 'Mafia', who you can't trust. They are baddies, and regardless of how good they are, their aim is to mislead you. You mustn't trust them.
The point is, firstly, there's a what? 17/20 chance I'm town(well 16/19 from a protown player's perspective but still). Thems good odds. Plus, I don't expect you to trust me explicitly, and say "oh, Coron said it, it must be true". I want you to say "oh, Coron said it, that makes it more likely." There is a huge difference.
5/6 given that DGB is town. But nobody WILL say that, because whether you claim to know the setup inside out, the fact is, your affiliation can't be proven. In fact, i'm leaning scum on you atm, simply because you seem to think you can make statements without backing them up, and people will simply follow your lead because you claim to be a really good player. 0.o
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:That is the first thing anybody learns about Mafia. So why the hell do you think people will trust your opinions on grounds of intelligence, when you've given NO reason to suggest that you are protown? I actually feel insulted, not just for me, but on behalf of everyone else here you've just insulted. 0.o
Wow, you're being dense, read my above paragraph.
And to think, people call ME arrogant! :o
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Coron wrote: Oh, and when I'm right this time, please remember it for next time. Thanks.
ugh. Grow up...
Are you saying that past experience with a player doesn't effect how you react to them? It should. If a player was right in the past it should increase your percieved chance of them being right in the future.
If you were confirmed protown, maybe. But as you aren't, that isn't really an issue is it. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Battle Mage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
actually, they ARE. lol
The value of a town body is their vote and ability to hunt scum. If someone ISN'T here, they are able to use neither. As town, they are deadweight, and won't get NKed, so we get stuck with them at endgame. As scum...well, theres nothing worse than allowing lurker-scum to survive the game... -.-

BM
Well, duh, don't let them live to endgame. But no need to spend time on them D1. And plus, if they lurk too hard they'll get replaced. And no, the value of a town body is parity. The value of a town player is their vote and ability to hunt scum. There is a difference.
-StrangerCoug

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Coron »

Battle Mage wrote:like you do, ya mean? :roll:
often your posts need more than a QFT. Just for reference, that was a joke.
Battle Mage wrote:Have you got a webcam? I REALLY wanna see this! :lol:
not in my door room :( But I might be able to video tape it with my camera then upload it.
Battle Mage wrote:thats gotta be the worst example ever. 0.o
Hulked? You ripped it apart like the Hulk? That's my best guess, but i'm really clueless.
You got it on the first try! See?
Battle Mage wrote:That's the problem, Mr Idiot. Ya see, your scenario was that, you would give a meta regardless of whether it existed or not, because that was your opinion. My point is that, because you have no grounds to make this meta, your opinion is invalid. Which is why i'm criticising your 'opinions' so far.
Let's see, it starts out with an insult, then go on to say things that I didn't say at all, you continue to make arguements against things I explicitly said I wasn't saying. It was a damn example, get over yourself, I was not saying I had any meta on you. I was saying assuming I thought this thing, I would post that I thought it, no question. I mean, most people would probably.
Battle Mage wrote:5/6 given that DGB is town. But nobody WILL say that, because whether you claim to know the setup inside out, the fact is, your affiliation can't be proven. In fact, i'm leaning scum on you atm, simply because you seem to think you can make statements without backing them up, and people will simply follow your lead because you claim to be a really good player. 0.o
At this point the person I care most about convincing is DGB, as DGB is our current Queen. So in her case is would be 16/19. Also, this paragraph you fail to understand probability. Let's say there is a 5/6 chance I'm town, and if I'm town there is a 9/10 chance I'm right(note: number pulled out of a hat, no not literally BM, don't be dumb). That's still a 15/20 chance that I'm right. Since BM doesn't understand hypotheticals he probably won't understand this either. It's sad.
Battle Mage wrote:And to think, people call ME arrogant! :o
I don't argue if someone calls me arrogant. I might give myself more credit sometimes than I deserve, but then again I'm right an aweful lot(there I go being arrogant again).
Battle Mage wrote:If you were confirmed protown, maybe. But as you aren't, that isn't really an issue is it. :roll:

BM
Seriously. You're pulling my leg, right?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Alrighty.

If I am going to 'splode a lurker, and there is nothing I would love more, I will pick which one. So I suggest that the lurkerscum start posting now. I may be unpredictable, but I will be predictably merciless.

Here are the 4 players I am considering blowing up at this time.

(1) Tarhalindur
(2) BM
(3) The guy Tarhalindur is bus'ing: forbiddenlight
(4) The guy BM is bus'ing: Coron

Which of these 4 should I pick, and why.

I might even count 'splodevotes, but my counting accuracy is notoriously bad.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Soo, why are you considering blowing these 4 up? And I favor blowing up BM, but this might just be his play style.
-StrangerCoug

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:48 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Tarhalindur is easy. Just look at both the posts he made in the game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I was gonna vote the mod. He just beat me to it. And then I half thought the vote for me was a joke :S. I dunno.
-StrangerCoug

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

forbiddanlight wrote:Soo, why are you considering blowing these 4 up? And I favor blowing up BM, but this might just be his play style.
I'm pretty sure i've played with you befo....oh. That was ANOTHER game in which i was blown up pretty much immediately as town. :roll:

Talk about giving yourself a get out of jail free card...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm pretty sure i've played with you befo....oh. That was ANOTHER game in which i was blown up pretty much immediately as town. Rolling Eyes

Talk about giving yourself a get out of jail free card...

Which game was that, Bad Idea? Well, honestly, all I know is you apparently are a bit of a crazy player yourself. Most people I'd automatically be voting them for suggesting a policy lynch like Lynch all Lurkers...buut I still dunno with you. I still feel out of those 4 options blowing you up might be interesting.
-StrangerCoug

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am

Post by M4yhem »

Blow up Tarhalindur.

Forbiddenlight is a good protown player.

BM is funny and he likes me.

Coron is telling us his opinons and fighting his corner.

None of those things are true of Tarhalindur. Kill him.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Coron »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Alrighty.

If I am going to 'splode a lurker, and there is nothing I would love more, I will pick which one. So I suggest that the lurkerscum start posting now. I may be unpredictable, but I will be predictably merciless.

(1) Tarhalindur
(2) BM

If I had to pick, I'd say:
Tarhalindur, basically by process of elimination, and because he's posted the least of the options
BM: Basically just annoys the heck out of me, I'm not sure that gives me a read either way, but he's at least not lurking. I would not mind if you nuked him simply because it would mean I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore.
Coron: I read his role pm, I know he's town. I suspect you just have a grudge against him. :(
Forbiddenlight: overall his posts have struck me as mildly protown.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Coron »

Oh, by the way, I think we should get a longer day 1, more posts, so basically, and people other than me DGB and BM posting their opinions about stuff, but DGB seems to be helping that along already! Good work DGB.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am

Post by M4yhem »

Agree with Coron/]

Also, there are some players who haven't even posted yet. I didn't realize Twomz was in the game until I checked the playerlist, for instance.

Smack Twomz upside the head with the Trout of Shame
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 am

Post by armlx »

M4yh3m wrote: It's not random if you analyse all the other players carefully and decide they're probably not scum.
Near impossible D1.
Also, day one lynches are often quite random. I'd rather kill a lurker than an active player today.
Definitely false. D1 lynches are only random when people dick around and don't scum hunt until deadline.

DGB: Of those 4, I say Tar. Max or M4yh3m is probably better though.

Also, what info do we get from a D1 lurker lynch? None? And then D2, we have no info so..... back to step A of killing a lurker? Nice plan.....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Alrighty.

(1) Tarhalindur
(2) BM

1. Not contributing seems to be his 'thing' these days. I wouldnt consider it especially scummy here.

2. Obvtown, and you know it.

3. Not sure atm. Probably not worth killing atm.

4. The best option of the 4, but again, i think we could get alot more out of him, and then decide what to do with him. On the other hand, he's bound to be a distraction, and it'd make the game more fun to see him hang. Plus he's buttkissing you, which is scummy as, given the circumstance.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
M4yh3m wrote: It's not random if you analyse all the other players carefully and decide they're probably not scum.
Near impossible D1.
Also, day one lynches are often quite random. I'd rather kill a lurker than an active player today.
Definitely false. D1 lynches are only random when people dick around and don't scum hunt until deadline.

DGB: Of those 4, I say Tar. Max or M4yh3m is probably better though.

Also, what info do we get from a D1 lurker lynch? None? And then D2, we have no info so..... back to step A of killing a lurker? Nice plan.....
I'd support a Max-kill. M4yhem..not so much. You seem to have neglected to mention that we will gain very little info ANYWAY due to the lack of a voting mechanism, and the fact the person deciding the lynch will be:

A. Town
and
B. Dead

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10