DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

DragonsofSummer wrote:As for why the scum would pick a specific person I completely disagree that day 1 is the right day to talk about it. Maybe a few days down the road (like day 3 or 4) when there is at least some sort of pattern to look at it might be helpful, but at this point in the game it is pure speculation and does absolutely nothing.
A decision will be made today, and we need the discussion today. Not a few days down the road when the scum has fully realized that we are analyzing their choices, and how we go about it.
DragonsofSummer wrote:@FL: Do you not agree with IIoA? and for that matter who do you feel is committing IIoA that Tar is ignoring?

@BM: I feel like you are being completely irrational at this point in the case of Coron. Though the fact that his playstyle and your playstyle are so radically different amuses me. (Besides it has been far to long since I've actually had a chance to play in a game with you.)

@Tar: I'm interested in hearing more from you about other people than FL.
The above is little more than fluff, a mere simulacrum of scumhunting. While putting other players on the defensive.

Scummy scum scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Why do you think the scum picked you, DGB? You know yourself best, I guess. And you're town for sure, so the answer is wifom free.

I didn't like Crazy's last post.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's more or less a loaded question. As it implies that not answering the question is scummy, and answering the question would make you look like your trying not to look scummy.
Is there EVER a reason in mafia to not answer the question I asked? I mean, seriously, there was no point to the evasion, if Crazy were town. Honestly, I wouldn't see him answering the question as trying to not look scummy, though I guess I could see that view. I probably could have left out "or you look suspect" clause.

Why not? To be fair, I didn't either.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Crazy »

Yeah, I didn't like my last post either.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

M4yhem wrote:Why do you think the scum picked you, DGB? You know yourself best, I guess. And you're town for sure, so the answer is wifom free.

I don't know why he would have done it, but after I scanned the player list, my instinct told me... BM!!! Duh!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by TDC »

Coron wrote:"I post less as town" What I actually said is roughly "on average I have posted less as town" if you had posted this I would not be making a fuss over whether they were actually my words. Tense is really important.
I don't see much difference to be honest. A meta always is "on average".
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by armlx »

If I was the King (bomb carrier), I would take out someone to avoid all this clutter, and was the most suspicious of the clutterers, BM. So, Vote:BM for cluttering the thread, accusing players (Coron) of something they did first (insults) and trying to lynch a player based on a hypothetical and twisting it into a scum claim.
Eliminating contributors for contributing = fail, especially since BM does this every game.

I think IIoA applies usually only later.
That's more or less a loaded question. As it implies that not answering the question is scummy, and answering the question would make you look like your trying not to look scummy.
Uhh, nice non-answer. Answering the question is definitely not that.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Trying to get other players to elaborate on what they have said is scummy dgb?

I will admit that the section of my post directed towards bm is fluff, but I was just trying to help the feud between him and Coron settle so others who have not said anything might have a chance.

As for the scum logic debate, it isn't fair of you to call me scummy simply based on the fact that I feel one person who has been chosen is too small of a group to actually give any good analysis on the subject. That is speculation at best, and I don't feel that anything can really be gained by speculating. Actual analyzing I support. Speculation based on one scum choice I do not.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by M4yhem »

forbiddanlight wrote: Why not? To be fair, I didn't either.
You had to ask, didn't you. Can't you just trust me based on my reputation?

No? Oh, okay then.
Crazy wrote: If any of those people seem to have asked dumb questions to avoid looking like scum, then I'll be suspicious of them.
I don't like this because it's inaccurate. Max, Alvinz and Battousai have all asked questions at least as 'dumb' as yours.
Crazy wrote:Right now I don't feel like looking through those people to see if any of them have done that, though.
I don't like this because it suggests he doesn't care if you're scum, he's just following the easy option.

I agree with Armlx that setup speculation later in the game is more of a tell than if it's early on.

DGB- I was thinking it would be a good idea, when you're ready to explode, if you give us your opinion on every player, to look at tommorow.

How accurate do your instincts tend to be?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, good. Those were similar to my line of thinking as well. To be fair, the first point can be countered that he was only talking about potential targets (supported by him supposedly wanting to vote Iron Man over me). The second point is very salient though. I would like him to look through the others soon, and preferably before voting in such a hair trigger game next time :S.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Coron »

TDC wrote:
Coron wrote:"I post less as town" What I actually said is roughly "on average I have posted less as town" if you had posted this I would not be making a fuss over whether they were actually my words. Tense is really important.
I don't see much difference to be honest. A meta always is "on average".
"I post less as town" implies that it's my current meta. Metas change over time.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Is there EVER a reason in mafia to not answer the question I asked? I mean, seriously, there was no point to the evasion, if Crazy were town. Honestly, I wouldn't see him answering the question as trying to not look scummy, though I guess I could see that view. I probably could have left out "or you look suspect" clause.

Why not? To be fair, I didn't either.
rofl.
FoS: Forbiddan
conflicting motives much?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crazy wrote:
Unvote, Vote Forbiddan

Don't like that post where she said her vote was pure OMGUS because votes don't really matter. Yeah.

I really don't see how Coron claimed scum.

As for BM, I hope Stoofer's 5th Law applies here.
HoA: Crazy

I don't have an automatic objection to alts. Except when they live only to spread idiotic bs.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Battousai wrote:Can you guys do this one favor for me (M4yhem, BM, etc...)? Will you guys and gals stop double or triple plosting when there are plenty of other active players? You guys are going to make rereading accurately almost impossible. Hell, it takes me a while just to catchup after not posting for 24 hrs.

Also another favor for BM- Will you please stop cluttering the thread. We all know you don't understand hypotheticals, but come on. It's quite clear Coron was being hypothetical a few pages back and didn't claim scum. Your making Coron defend something that really doesn't need to be defended.

If I was the King (bomb carrier), I would take out someone to avoid all this clutter, and was the most suspicious of the clutterers, BM. So,
Vote:BM
for cluttering the thread, accusing players (Coron) of something they did first (insults) and trying to lynch a player based on a hypothetical and twisting it into a scum claim.
:x

This game is starting to p*$$ me off now. Consider me V/LA in terms of content.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:04 am

Post by M4yhem »

forbiddanlight wrote: To be fair, the first point can be countered that he was only talking about potential targets (supported by him supposedly wanting to vote Iron Man over me).
Not much of a counter. Targets for what, bombing? Iron man isn't on DGB's list so if he can look at him, he can look at the others also.

What's stoofer's 5th law? And who is an alt, BM?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

M4yhem wrote: What's stoofer's 5th law? And who is an alt, BM?
Don't ask. Crazy is a Stoofer alt. Any mention of that guy puts me in a bad mood.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

rofl. FoS: Forbiddan conflicting motives much?
Oh, how so? I'm willing to answer any question asked of me. Is it not fair to ask questions of my own to see where they lead?

Not much of a counter. Targets for what, bombing? Iron man isn't on DGB's list so if he can look at him, he can look at the others also.
Yes, targets for bombing. And you actually have a point...I like Crazy's post less than I already did.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Crazy »

Battle Mage wrote:
Don't ask. Crazy is a Stoofer alt. Any mention of that guy puts me in a bad mood.

BM
Sigged.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crazy wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Sigged.
In the words of the great Coron: Your mum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Crazy »

Btw, Stoofer's 5th Law says that if BM is still alive on Day 3, then he's probably scum.

I'm pretty sure it's at least partly a joke.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

forbiddanlight wrote:

rofl. FoS: Forbiddan conflicting motives much?
Oh, how so? I'm willing to answer any question asked of me. Is it not fair to ask questions of my own to see where they lead?
That's not what i'm questionning atall. Why are you playing Good-Cop and Bad-Cop simultaneously? I cant see what you were really hoping to achieve by asking a legitimate interrogative question, and then seemingly buddying up agreeably.

Now leave me alone so i can lurk in peace. If DGB wants to kill me, that'll be fine. It's not like scum will ever give me a bomb. I'm just too lethal...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 am

Post by M4yhem »

Crazy wrote:Btw, Stoofer's 5th Law says that if BM is still alive on Day 3, then he's probably scum.
Riiight.

So you were basically wishing him dead, or something?

BM- Why are you annoyed? Because Battousai voted you? Because two people now have asked you not to triple post? Because Battusai wants to kill you because you post alot?- which is a terrible reason if you ask me, but nobody did.

You do know if you start lurking you will jump right up my suspect list, yes?

(And what does HoA mean? Hand of attack? Herring of anger?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Crazy »

M4yhem wrote:So you were basically wishing him dead, or something?
Yes. In a joking/random type way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's not what i'm questionning atall. Why are you playing Good-Cop and Bad-Cop simultaneously? I cant see what you were really hoping to achieve by asking a legitimate interrogative question, and then seemingly buddying up agreeably.
Maybe I was. Or maybe I wanted it to be known that I understand where he might be coming from, but I wanted to see what he had to say.
-StrangerCoug

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Coron »

M4yhem wrote:
(And what does HoA mean? Hand of attack? Herring of anger?
My best guess is Hand of Annoyance. I've used FoA at times, this is the first time I've seen a person other than me use something like that, so I'm not sure if he means the same thing I do, but it's my best guess.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”