Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Oman »

Ythill wrote: Claiming miller unbidden verifies the existance of a cop and narrows the search for him. It also creates a good meta strategy for scum if it becomes the norm. So, like, shame on you or something.
1. I agree scum could make the claim.

2. I will not take this in to account while reading the game, lets face it, if he's scummy enough, I'll vote for him.

3. Your first point here is LIES!! LIES LIES LIES!!

viewtopic.php?p=938684#938684

Then check the player list up top. This claim actually got scum lynched later on.

Hai, I'm Oman, I'm replacing westbreek or something.

Then I'm going to tear people a new one.

Umm...Basically, I will be looking around...sneakylike.

Oh, I just had an Idea: Mafia, I'm on your team now, feel free to PM me your names and we can all be friends. I swear. Maybe I'll PM you a place to meet and I'll come alone and not with the whole town ready to lynch you.

Now I need to get to work.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Ythill »

Hi Oman. Your reputation preceeds you. I look forward to reading your opinions.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by iamausername »

TonyMontana wrote:I think we're all in agreement that his push on me was without basis, and suspicious, play-style notwithstanding.
I don't. Lowell's case is not nearly as strong as he appears to believe, but I wouldn't say it is entirely without basis.
Darox wrote:I am of the opinion that meta can't be used to defend poor behavior.

The idea is they eventually get broken out of the habit.
##unvote, ##vote: Darox
. You appear to be advocating voting for someone you think is town playing poorly. Explain.

Also, you said in Post #129 that you "haven't liked [Lowell's] play at the start". Please elaborate on this.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Darox »

Explanation: I don't think Lowell is town.

I think he is neutral with a disruptive playstyle, which comes off as scummy.

Things I don't like about Lowell. Fishing for role claims day one. 100% belief in miller claim. Case on tony.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

Lowell (5):
TonyMontana, Tommy, Darox, Rashiminos, crywolf
crywolf (2):
bionic, Ythill,
Rashiminos:
Lowell
Darox:
iamausername

Not voting (3):
Oman, fhqwhgads, Elias
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:38 pm

Post by Tommy »

There's lots to say, but I'm afraid I won't be able to say it till tomorrow. Expect a response to Ythill's analysis then, along with a couple of other bits and pieces.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Darox wrote: I think he is neutral with a disruptive playstyle, which comes off as scummy.
neutral as in you have no read on him, or neutral as in 3rd party alignment? Your comment makes no sense to me. Is somebody who is 'neutral' to you right now the scummiest person you can find? Does that mean everybody else is coming across as clear town to you?
The above written statement is pro-town.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Oman »

Ythill wrote:Hi Oman. Your reputation preceeds you. I look forward to reading your opinions.
As I you, good sir.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Oman »

crywolf wrote:We would then have a long look at you to decied if a lynch would be a good idea or bad idea. So, the cop really does have a reason to look into you....
PRetty much a suble cop direct. But it looks well intentioned.
ythill wrote:Are you really trying to direct a cop investigation? Why?
Good catch
Tommy wrote:True. But if we believe him, which I'm inclined to do, it narrows the search for scum as well.
Why do something so stupid? Well, geez if we're BELIEIVING people, why don't we just have townies claim, I'm sure teh mafia
wouldn't lie!

Not to mention the HUGE mafia benefit to claiming miller D1.
Lowell wrote:1) WIFOM notwithstanding, it's too risky for a scum to make this claim on PAGE 1
Lies. I've never seen someone lynched for claiming miller.
Lowell wrote: 2) There could be multiple scumgroups/an SK/etc. So even if he's scum, there's a chance being "cleared" by town will get him killed by another faction, again making it pointless to fake.
Also Lies. Any scumgroup will keep the scummiest looking person alive.
Lowell wrote:##unvote, vote tony. His post is all over the map. He's trying to sow the seeds of doubt without having to take responsibility himself.
We call that hypocricy.

Ythill wins townie brownies for being the first to post a player by player analysis.
bionic wrote: Emotions (ticked off) should play no part in mafia.
Stupid rationalist. Emtions are crucial.
Darox wrote:##Vote: Lowell

Haven't liked his play at the start and this attack on tony is starting to look more and more of a stretch.
This is called "Doing a lowell".
Lowell wrote:##unvote, ## vote rash. I ain't claimin', bro. This wagon is too poor.
Pure OMGUS

##Vote Lowell

1. If this guy is scum I'm voting for Username because of Lowell's jump to A) the praise "I don't know scum gutsy enough" and B) the early defence, never considering Iamuserscum.

2. I believe Lowell is anti-town in any case, he pulls in flakes in and out and makes terrble statements, essentially a policy reason

3. This should give us a lot.

4. We are actually promised a lot more information in night than usuall. We are promised (but not guarrenteed) a cop.

5. L-1 Claim or die Lowell.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Ythill »

Oman wrote:PRetty much a suble cop direct. But it looks well intentioned.
Well intentioned how?
Oman wrote:Ythill wins townie brownies...
Thanks and all, but I'd rather have you nominate me for a special title. ;)

1. Conspiracy? Really?
2. Policy lynch on page 8. I knew you were a rash player but... wow.
3. I agree that the information potential is good.
4. How is having a cop unusual?
5. Nice sentiment, but it's a lot scarier from someone who isn't already voting for him.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Ythill »

Tommy wrote:Expect a response to Ythill's analysis then...
I don't know what there is for you to respond to but... okay.
bionic wrote:neutral as in you have no read on him, or neutral as in 3rd party alignment?
When I read Darox's response I thought, if I was scum I would ask Darox what he meant by neutral. Don't know that this says anything about bionic's alignment, but the thought came up so I figured I'd mention it.
bionic wrote:Your comment makes no sense to me. Is somebody who is 'neutral' to you right now the scummiest person you can find? Does that mean everybody else is coming across as clear town to you?
I endorse this product and/or service.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:30 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote:
bionic wrote:neutral as in you have no read on him, or neutral as in 3rd party alignment?
When I read Darox's response I thought, if I was scum I would ask Darox what he meant by neutral. Don't know that this says anything about bionic's alignment, but the thought came up so I figured I'd mention it..
What would you ask if you were town and didn't know what they meant? There is no neutral in mafia, so I feel this question should have been asked and should definitely be answered.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Hey all, I'm still here. Post coming tonight.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:36 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

crywolf20084 wrote:Hey all, I'm still here. Post coming tonight.
If you don't back this one up, it is strike 2.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Darox »

bionicchop2 wrote:
Darox wrote: I think he is neutral with a disruptive playstyle, which comes off as scummy.
neutral as in you have no read on him, or neutral as in 3rd party alignment? Your comment makes no sense to me. Is somebody who is 'neutral' to you right now the scummiest person you can find? Does that mean everybody else is coming across as clear town to you?
I'll choose misrep for twenty dollars Jerry.

I think he is playing in a poor manner. Like I said above.
I am undecided on whether this makes him scum or an idiot, but I am leaning scum. Like I said above.

Nobody has done anything to come across as anything near clear town to me. Ythill is probably the person I find most helpful to the town. Elias has been pretty good.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:06 am

Post by TonyMontana »

##unvote

Taking Lowell off the edge, to avoid untimely hammer.
Claim
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Agreed,

Sorry for my sporadic posting of late, my intermittent internet connection is to blame.

Waiting for the lowell claim. Oh, and Oman; wow, I like this guy.

And crywolf better make that promised post, or she'll be up for active lurker of the game.

Speaking of which, to answer ythill's earlier question about my voting. I DID place a vote on lowell early, but it was one to loosen his tongue. When he did, I let go. His tongue loosening did bring him under quite some fire. I'd be interested to see where this goes if he does get the axe, especially regarding the various arguments against him.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

Ythill wrote:However, from the standpoint of you as scum, adherence to this belief sets up two mislynches in a row. Do you understand what I found suspicious about your play there?
Perhaps I misworded what I posted earlier.

Anyways, my opinion on Lowell is that he's trying to manipulate opinions on iamausername by insisting that we should also believe iamausername is actually a miller. I assume a townie would be more hesitant in this situation due to a lack of role knowledge, but Lowell says he likes to not deal in shades of gray, or in my words, he deals in extremes. Then he makes a case on Tony because Tony is expressing doubt on the idea that iamausername is what he claims. For not going along with Lowell's insistence that iamausername is indeed a miller, Tony gets voted and Lowell makes his arguments on Tony's post. Perhaps this is a bit biased from my perspective, but I think Lowell is trying to manipulate the game in a certain direction which would tend to be advantageous for Lowell as scum regardless of iamausername's alignment, but with no real advantage if Lowell is a townie.

After having been disagreed with over his assessment of Tony's post, he openly bandwagons crywolf to "get a read" (instead of voting after getting a read), and then he voted me after I asked him to claim when he was at L-1. His lack of faith in his Tony case and his lack of quality scumhunting afterwards doesn't strike me as pro-town. Combined with the above, I'm heavily leaning towards the idea he is anti-town.

@Ythill's 165

I find those assessments to be generally reasonable. I'm going to check back in the thread for consistency at a later time.
Ythill wrote:2. Policy lynch on page 8. I knew you were a rash player but... wow.
You might have to take that back later. :lol:

I'm feeling some synergy coming from the one with bat wings...

Other Notes

I agree with post 157.
bionicchop2 wrote:The poor behavior is not being defended, simply the poor behavior is not a scum tell. Being a bad townie is never a scum tell.
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, which is why it's poor behavior.
Oman wrote: Oh, I just had an Idea: Mafia, I'm on your team now, feel free to PM me your names and we can all be friends. I swear. Maybe I'll PM you a place to meet and I'll come alone and not with the whole town ready to lynch you.
My quote miners are logging this for later.

Post 177 makes my neck hairs tingle.

Darox's remark in 178 referring to Lowell rolefishing is accurate (Lowell 1, Lowell 4).
Oman wrote:5. L-1 Claim or die Lowell.
Fourthed (or was it Firsted?)
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

crywolf20084 wrote:Hey all, I'm still here. Post coming tonight.
I'm sorry if I've been a little busy with medical issues that
will
put me outta commission for a month.

I am creating a post right now.

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

@crywolf 193 you should probably ask for a replacement if you haven't already (provided your condition precludes access to the thread)

Get well soon.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

**Note: I’m just going in the order I see the posts. I don’t feel like organizing it to each person.
Elias wrote:
##unvote

this wagon went way to fast for my liking, and lowell hasnt even got around to answering my initial questions. Lets just slow it down a bit, and look more carefully at everyone voting lowell.
Why are you so concerned with how fast the people on the Lowell wagon are voting. If I remember correctly, and I’m pretty sure I do, the votes on my head added up pretty quickly too.
Ythill wrote:
Rash wrote:...by-and-large I agree that one of wolf/Lowell is scum.

Furthermore, I think only one of the pair is scum...
I don't like this line of thinking. Though I agree that it's unlikely both are scum, you've failed to consider that they could both be town. And if they are, what I've quoted above would be a smooth move from the real mafia.

Nothing to hang you over, but certainly worth noting.

I'm still more comfortable with wolf than Lowell but I'd rather have more than two choices before we lynch.
I agree with this statement. But in post 151 Rash goes on to say:
Rash wrote: Just because I didn't mention it, it doesn't mean that I didn't consider it. Looking the other way and rewarding their bad play by overly casting doubt on legitimate suspicions is not what I'm about. Sorry if it seems harsh, but I was serious when I asked for a claim.
IMO, the statement didn’t seem that harsh. Like Ythill said, it could’ve been a very smooth move played by some very experienced scum. Though I must admit, Rash hasn’t given me much more to suspect that he is scum.
Bionicchop2 wrote: My vote is staying on cry though (for now). She admitted her vote was OMGUS and says she is comfortable with it.
Lowell’s vote on my was a OMGUS vote too, so why are you more comfy on me, than on him?
Rashiminos wrote:Judging from the volume of games Lowell has played/replaced in and a sample of posts I'd say his somewhat erratic posting style is not really indicative of alignment here.
No, it doesn’t. But it also doesn’t mean that he has to go out of his way to be vindictive and uncooperative.
Fhqwhgads wrote: I'd much rather hear what crywolf's reasons are for any of her actions, as seeing we have only been getting vague reasons and even an OMGUS as reasoning so far.
At least I have given some reasons. Lowell has yet to give much in the way of opinions.
Ythill wrote:
As promised...

Those voting for Lowell
:
Tony: I don’t like the way he agrees with user about wolf’s actions, but somehow translates that to a point against Lowell. His vote is pure OMGUS. Later (in #92) he backs this up with a post that is such a defense-attack combo that it’s hard to tell what he’s getting at. I think this is the scummiest vote on Lowell.

Tommy: I think his vote is solid, though my experience with Lowell is that the tells mentioned by Tommy are unreliable. No suspicion of Tommy here, I just don’t agree with him.

Darox: Like all of his vote changes, the reasons for this one are vague. I don’t like baseless assertions, but there are scummier votes on this wagon.

Rash: I already talked about how I didn’t like the eeny-meeny approach to this vote, but I can follow the reasoning and it seems to me like Rash is honestly trying to determine Lowell’s alignment in later posts.

wolf: Pure OMGUS, and confirmed as comfortable @ L-2. A vague statement about aggression is her only other reasoning. This vote is a close second for scummiest on the wagon.

Elias (who has unvoted): This vote came with a solid case that was the strongest of several stated suspicions. It was accompanied by reasonable follow-up and removed when appropriate. No problems with this vote at all.

Those voting for wolf
:
user: The reasoning is a little empty, considering wolf’s play, but it makes sense. He’s followed it up with a little bit of nitpicking. This vote is not a town-tell but it seems honest enough to me.

bionic: I particularly like his initial pressure vote because it was based on a trend that was concerning to me as well. He made some valid points in his follow-up case. I like the way user keeps an eye on the big picture and my read on him is starting to lean town, which is based on things separate from his vote but generally helps me to view that vote as more valid.

Ythill: Obvtown. All of his votes are jedi-ninja cool. :P

Lowell (who has unvoted): This vote is a Lowell-tell. I don't like it, or agree with it. If I'd not played with Lowell before, I'd even find it suspicious. But I have played with Lowell before. Those who haven't should seriously take the time to meta him.

Discuss.
I’m not sure I like you self analysis on why you are voting me, it might be helpful to list your reasons again just to make sure they are consistent.

And I have taken the time to meta Lowell and I understand this is a similar pattern of Lowell’s.

##unvote
There’s nothing I can do about his erratic play style, and my vote had no other basis other than it was an OMGUS vote.

I dunno what to say to Tony’s 167. I don’t like his attitude in it, though I do agree that we shouldn’t just stop looking at Lowell just because his play style is erratic, like always, I don’t like how Tony assumes everyone is just gonna stop looking at him. If anything, it makes me not like how Tony is acting at the current moment.

Yuck. Long post. I’m gonna pick up from Ythill’s post, 170 tomorrow, and finish up the thread then.

---

Rash wrote: @crywolf 193 you should probably ask for a replacement if you haven't already (provided your condition precludes access to the thread)

Get well soon.
The surgery won't be till january. just lots of doctor appts ontop of college ontop of a job. Luckily, I only am in one game other wise i'd be having a hard time keeping up.

Thank you for the concern though.

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

##vote:lowell
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:01 am

Post by iamausername »

Oman wrote:
Tommy wrote:True. But if we believe him, which I'm inclined to do, it narrows the search for scum as well.
Why do something so stupid? Well, geez if we're BELIEIVING people, why don't we just have townies claim, I'm sure teh mafia
wouldn't lie!
The idea is that I've narrowed
the cop's
search for scum. I've already told him the result of an investigation on me, and unlike everyone else, who is obviously claiming to show up innocent, he can trust me, because there is no reason for someone to falsely claim that they'll show up as guilty.

I realise that this is not what Tommy said.
Oman wrote:4. We are actually promised a lot more information in night than usuall. We are promised (but not guarrenteed) a cop.
I'm confused as to what you mean by this. How are we promised more information than usual?
Darox wrote:Things I don't like about Lowell. Fishing for role claims day one. 100% belief in miller claim. Case on tony.
Do you think your style of saying the fewest words you can is the best way to benefit the town? (BTW, if you'd just said "rolefishing", you could have reduced the word count even more!)
Ythill wrote:
When I read Darox's response I thought, if I was scum I would ask Darox what he meant by neutral. Don't know that this says anything about bionic's alignment, but the thought came up so I figured I'd mention it.
bionic wrote: Your comment makes no sense to me. Is somebody who is 'neutral' to you right now the scummiest person you can find? Does that mean everybody else is coming across as clear town to you?
You're essentially saying "this line of questioning is scummy", and then also saying "I agree with this line of questioning" here. What's up with that, Ythill?
Darox wrote:I am undecided on whether this makes him scum or an idiot, but I am leaning scum. Like I said above.
But that's not what you said above. You said 'neutral', not 'scum'. Those are very different words. Why did you choose 'neutral' in the first instance?
crywolf wrote:Lowell’s vote on my was a OMGUS vote too, so why are you more comfy on me, than on him?
No, it wasn't. OMGUS means you are voting for someone purely because they voted for you. You weren't voting Lowell when he voted you, so it can't have been OMGUS. It might have been a totally unreasoned, obviously bandwagonning vote, but it wasn't OMGUS.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:27 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

Lowell (5):
Tommy, Darox, Rashiminos, Oman, TonyMontana
crywolf (2):
bionic, Ythill,
Rashiminos:
Lowell
Darox:
iamausername

Not voting (3):
fhqwhgads, Elias, crywolf
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Ythill »

bionic wrote:What would you ask if you were town and didn't know what they meant?
I thought it was obvious, from the context, that he meant MotR. I also thought asking which he meant would be a good way for scum to appear helpful. I don't think this means you are mafia (it's too assumptive to be a reliable tell), but I mentioned it because it seemed relevant.
wolf wrote:I’m not sure I like you self analysis on why you are voting me, it might be helpful to list your reasons again just to make sure they are consistent.
It wasn't meant to be analysis. It was meant to be a witty remark posted in place of self-analysis because it's pretty presumptuous for me to analyze my own play.

How will repeating the reasons for my vote prove their consistancy? They haven't changed.
bionic wrote:
Ythill wrote:
bionic wrote:Your comment makes no sense to me. Is somebody who is 'neutral' to you right now the scummiest person you can find? Does that mean everybody else is coming across as clear town to you?
You're essentially saying "this line of questioning is scummy", and then also saying "I agree with this line of questioning" here. What's up with that, Ythill?
You are falsely lumping the questions. My interest was piqued by your first question which I found (mildly) suspicious due to my own thoughts about the “neutral” statement. However, I found the other two points valid: that a “neutral” player seems to be Darox’s best guess for who is scum and therefore, if he is town, his overall suspicions must be unreasonably weak. Which suggests that he isn’t town.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”