Newbie 647 - Over!!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Batt, how's the mod stuff coming along? This game is getting towards death.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Brandi »

Brandi wrote:My mom is going to Iraq and I have to move in with my grandma to go to school. I will only have internet access on the weekends and Ill probably have homework on the weekends too. I was not expecting this to happen when I signed up for this game and I feel that staying in this game and only posting on the weekends is worse than asking for a replacement, so I hope that you all wont be very angry with me...

MOD I NEED TO BE REPLACED. IM SORRY!!
quoting myself so that no one accidentally misses this. (Since Gurgi just started a new page....)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Not my fault ._.

Sorry you have to drop.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Brandi »

Oh I know. And I'm sorry about it too. I didn't know when I came back from Texas my mom would need to be shipped off to Iraq again. =/ my grandma doesn't have a computer or anything. I didn't ever expect her to have to go back again after the first time she left when I was in the 9th grade.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: Xolani
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Umm, explanation?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

I think Xolani is suspicious but he's only posted once a week, on Saturdays, so getting him to debate anything is difficult. I had hoped that a vote like that would get him to respond if he's still playing this game. It appears he's also gone, and if so I'll keep my vote on until a replacement in that Xolani/MiniKold/Avangor is active and not single-minded in a weak reasoned OMGUS.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sorry for not posting here, been busy and I seemed to have skipped over this thread. I will have to do a reread tomorrow in between classes.

Mod Update: The latest we will have our new mod is Wednesday.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 am

Post by MeMe »

Hi all -- I'm taking this game over!

Please send me your roles ASAP and get to posting. I'll sort replacements as soon as I know what I need to know to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count
:

Xolani
(3):
MarkBG, Malyss, Jahudo

Malyss
(1):
Lord Gurgi

Lord Gurgi
(1):
Vir4030

Vir4030
(1):
Battousai

not voting
(3):
Brandi, SecretAgentOrange, Xolani
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Remember, if your scum, tell meme your partner's name as well.

After skimming/reading the thread again, I think what LG has done is worth a D1 lynch, but I think how Xolani/predeccesors have played is scummier. The contradiction between minikold's first and second post (post 230 for reference). OMGUS voting Alurin, and over inactivity/lurking.

Unvote

vote: Minikold (not bolded as I'm holding off to make sure replacement, if needed, has time to defend since I believe it would be a L-1 vote.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hii MeMe. I think that there are only a few of us left. I believe that Malyss and myself are the only original players remaining.

Battousai: Is there some way that I can address the suspicion?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Battousai »

If your talking about the suspicion I have of you, then no. You've already defended the reason, and readdressing and having you defend it again would just be a waste. Note I said you were a good D1 (D1 is in capital letters for emphasis, but you can't really tell) lynch.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

OK, well I can only ask. I guess we just wait for our three or so replacements.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by MeMe »

Alright, I was able to get a reply from Crub via email (he sends his apologies -- his work started blocking mafiascum and that's his only opportunity to connect to us), so I have all the role assignments.

I will replace SecretAgentOrange and Brandi, in that order, since that's the order in which the replacements were requested. I will prod other inactives and replace as necessary. Let me know if someone else has officially asked to be replaced (with a link to the post) and I'll get on that too.

Rally!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by MeMe »

KaHuJo for SecretAgentOrange, effective immediately.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by MeMe »

Netman for Brandi, effective immediately
KaHuJo
KaHuJo
Townie
KaHuJo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by KaHuJo »

Hey guys :) Filling in, glad to be in the game.
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Netman »

So... replacing in. I'm not sure if my previous self has a vote outstanding, so
unvote
. Got a bit to read, so it will take a little while to catch up.

Unless someone wants to post the identities of the scum, and the order we are going to lynch them in. That would save me a ton of time. kkthxbye
KaHuJo
KaHuJo
Townie
KaHuJo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by KaHuJo »

Xolani wrote: Malyss: Vir4030 sums up Malyss' posting for the first 4 pages in post #77 when he mentioned the OMGUS bandwagon and how Malyss changed her vote to someone else, with poor reasoning. Since then she's seemed to put on a guise of scumhunting, but can't quite seem to settle on anyone,
jumping her FoS's and votes between players at every opportunity, the latest of which is me. This quick vote after someone else votes for me feels a bit scummy and gives an air of trying to start a quick bandwagon when the pressure is on them.
My FoS on Malyss is starting to edge more towards a vote.
Bolded part is mine. Xolani states that Malyss is jumping her FoS' and votes between player at every opportunity. In two words, 'Complete exaggeration' because it from what I read from Malyss' posts there were only three FoS' in total for legitimate reasons, and two votes (Not counting the random vote). Xolani is trying to make Malyss seem scummy, and to me that is a scum tactic. Therefore:

vote: Xolani
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Netman »

Heh, when I replaced in, I was worried when I saw it was almost two months since the game started, I'd be in a snail of a game, and this looks like n-1. Gives me an incentive to read faster, so I can figure out if I should hammer.

And by read faster, I mean go back and check the pm to see if I'm scum, and if I do turn out to be scum, check if Xolani is my partner.
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Netman »

Okay, I finished the first read-through. Not in complete detail, but close enough that I feel that Xolani or Lord Gurgi are my knee-jerk picks for a day one lynch. Not necessarily because they are the scummiest, but because they were discussed ad-nauseum, and once we know the alignment of one or the other we can start looking at the arguments presented on the last 11 pages.

It's too bad the real world doesn't work like that, it would be nice if I could lynch the car salesman to find out if his co-worker was
really
offering me a good deal on that new SUV, or if he was just sales-scum.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Welcome. Xolani is at L-1 which means the next vote would lynch him. I would advise not doing so and would really like to have Xolani post again.

@LG: new Winslow = win!
MarkBG
MarkBG
Townie
MarkBG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 am

Post by MarkBG »

Hye guys, sorry for the absence, again apologies.

Again I have no time, I'm just beginning my A-Level year and I have to sort out university stuff and have to write this essay about Kafka and Dostoevsky etc.etc.

I'm not asking for a replacement because I'll still be around, and I will do an analysis at some point.

My vote stays on Xolani for now, because I really don't think the inactivity of three consecutive replacements is really a coincidence.
Netman
Netman
Townie
Netman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Netman »

MarkBG wrote:Again I have no time, I'm just beginning my A-Level year and I have to sort out university stuff and have to write this essay about Kafka and Dostoevsky etc.etc.
Well, good luck with your studies.

I don't have time for a PBPA, but Kafka is obscum, and while I get a strong townie vibe from Dostoevsky, it could just be a clever fiction.
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Malyss »

Mod, could you prod Xolani, please?

We haven't seen any posts from him since 8/23.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Gurgi wrote:Hii MeMe. I think that there are only a few of us left. I believe that Malyss and myself are the only original players remaining.
LG, don't forget Vir4030, if he is still around.

It seems rather difficult to play a game where 6 players have been replaced and some of the replaced players have been replaced more than once.
Vir4030 wrote:Everything that's come out of this slot is consistent with scum. When I look at it this way, it looks like I've found Lord Gurgi's scum partner. Is Lord Gurgi at L-1 now? I won't be expecting a Xolani hammer.
Vir's last post makes me wonder if he even read much of the thread or not. Even without a mod at the time to tally up our votes, it seems that he should have been able to figure out that at the time of his post, there were only two votes on LG. At one point, SecretAgentOrange brought LG up to three votes. SAO took her vote off LG when she requested to be replaced.
There is something about Vir's exuberance or overconfidence that I find to be discomforting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”