JohnQPublic0
JohnQPublic0
Ninja
JohnQPublic0
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:24 am

Post by JohnQPublic0 »

Greetings, confirming that I'm replacing cerebus3. Will begin analyzing once I get some coffee in me, and don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep while typing.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:34 am

Post by skitzer »

Sineish replaces animorpherv1.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: You still aren't making sense. What sort of attention do i deserve Korts? Are you saying i deserve more attention than a guy who has only made 1 post so far? Why would i deserve more attention than any of the other players here!?

BM
You deserve attention because you proposed a plan that could tilt the game either way based on the players inside the pact. Also, I didn't say others deserve less attention, just for other things.
By saying 'BM deserves attention' you imply that i deserve more attention than certain others. Otherwise the statement is merely a pointless iteration of the fact that you arent going to let me lurk till LyLo. The game would not so much be tilted by those inside the pact, as by how the townies in it ran the concept. Even the greatest inventions in the world won't work if you get a chimp playing with it.

I tire of the 'FoS is scummy' argument. It's got to the stage where no scumbag in their right mind would do it. Unless they were trying to go for a meta of non-commitalness. *cough*Korts*cough*

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

armlx wrote:
You voted nhat for misrepresenting PeterGriffin, but then decided he didn't misrepresent PeterGriffin because you liked his attack on me? Not buying it.
I figured nhat was just being unreasonable in general, which is not a scum tell usually, as opposed to being deliberately misrepresentative.
nhat made an attack you considered reasonable, and that give you the impression that he was being unreasonable in general? Riiiiight.
armlx wrote:
Townies do not ignore they player they're voting for.
1. You haven't shown me how its a scum tell.

2. Everything that I have on Dynamo I've said already. The pact hop was EXTREMELY scummy, possibly worse then vote hopping someone like that.
1. Townies do not ignore the player they're voting for
because it defeats the entire purpose of voting.
If they want more information, they ask questions until they change their mind or are convinced they've found scum; when the latter occurs, they convince the town to join them. This is what's known as "scumhunting", and you haven't been doing it. The only reason townies ignore the player they're voting for is that they're lazy or inattentive or just plain gone, and you have shown yourself to be neither.
2. You just don't stop digging your own grave, do you? If the pact hop was EXTREMELY SCUMMY then you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever to be ignoring it. Period.

LYNCH ARMLX PLZ
Do you want your possessions identified?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
armlx wrote:
You voted nhat for misrepresenting PeterGriffin, but then decided he didn't misrepresent PeterGriffin because you liked his attack on me? Not buying it.
I figured nhat was just being unreasonable in general, which is not a scum tell usually, as opposed to being deliberately misrepresentative.
nhat made an attack you considered reasonable, and that give you the impression that he was being unreasonable in general? Riiiiight.
Ditto. armlx is being hypocritical here.
Erratus Apathos wrote:1. Townies do not ignore the player they're voting for
because it defeats the entire purpose of voting.
If they want more information, they ask questions until they change their mind or are convinced they've found scum; when the latter occurs, they convince the town to join them. This is what's known as "scumhunting", and you haven't been doing it. The only reason townies ignore the player they're voting for is that they're lazy or inattentive or just plain gone, and you have shown yourself to be neither.
I also fail to see the reason of voting somebody and letting the vote sit there unattended. If you forget why you're voting (and I have seen it happen), then if you want to gain credibility, I'd prefer you unvote until you have a clue, though asking questions of the person in question is useful as well. Don't sit there.
Erratus Apathos wrote:2. You just don't stop digging your own grave, do you? If the pact hop was EXTREMELY SCUMMY then you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever to be ignoring it. Period.
Not to mention that it's counterintuitive, too.

Unvote
if necessary, but I don't think so.
Vote: armlx
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by armlx »

2. You just don't stop digging your own grave, do you? If the pact hop was EXTREMELY SCUMMY then you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever to be ignoring it. Period.
I'm not ignoring it. I've made my point, made my vote, and am working with other discussion that is also happening.
1. Townies do not ignore the player they're voting for because it defeats the entire purpose of voting. If they want more information, they ask questions until they change their mind or are convinced they've found scum; when the latter occurs, they convince the town to join them. This is what's known as "scumhunting", and you haven't been doing it. The only reason townies ignore the player they're voting for is that they're lazy or inattentive or just plain gone, and you have shown yourself to be neither.
You know this is false. Especially as Dynamo didn't really respond to the issues raised against him during the time you are accusing me of "ignoring" him.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Netlava »

i dont feel like posting now, but im still here
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Korts »

BM wrote:I tire of the 'FoS is scummy' argument. It's got to the stage where no scumbag in their right mind would do it. Unless they were trying to go for a meta of non-commitalness. *cough*Korts*cough*
I don't see how you can dismiss a legitimate scumtell based on the fact that it happens rarely. Also, I'm trying to be non-committal?

The armlx case isn't really convincing.
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Netlava wrote:post

i dont feel like posting now, but im still here
This is quite scummy. You should be able to comment on
something
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:36 am

Post by armlx »

BM, the FOS tell is dying out, but similar non-committing tells still exist.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Netlava »

Alright, deadline is out, so everyone who is not voting should at least vote for someone.

I don't think that Cass was cautiously bussing armlx. However, it's a bit strange overall to FOS because of the number of votes needed to get a lynch, and also because Cass earlier in the game comments that people should not be afraid to vote.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Korts »

I don't know how much access I'll have in the following days, so don't flip out if I don't post much. Sorry in advance for any unanswered questions etc.
scumchat never die
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

This game is difficult to re-read.

Was PeterGriffin replaced?
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

Ah.

Re-reading armlx now.

Also, this post is unrelated to the one above it.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

armlx, why the early flip-flop on nhat? I've read your posts but do not see a suitable answer for what I am asking. You claim he was just being unreasonable and not scummy, and then you vote him, and then unvote him. This seems like distancing to me. Disagreeing with someone and calling them town simultaneously, then voting them for a short period and unvoting them as soon as they become "reasonable." However, just because he has become reasonable doesn't mean his past actions are null and void! Scum can clean up their act, yes? I dislike your handling of the nhat situation, and your lack of attention to Dynamo. Can you restate your reasons for voting him/her now please?

Thank you in advance.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Sineish »

Wow, I'm glad I replaced on a weekend - that has to be the most I've ever read of a game before making a single post in it.

Unvote

animorpherv1 wrote:From what I've picked up, MafiaMann is town, I'm pretty sure I know his role too.
I have also re-read all of MafiaMann's posts. I don't think it would be wise to state right now whether I found anything to back up animorpherv1's comment about knowing MafiaMann's role, but I did get the impression that MafiaMann was arguing rationally and his analysis of BM's early posts does seem quite pro-town.
Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:
Animorpherv1 wrote:From what I've picked up, MafiaMann is town, I'm pretty sure I know his role too.

That's all I know right now.

Stranger Coug- I'm not on all that much, that's why It looks like that.
Animorpherv1 wrote:I'm trying, all right, it's just going wayy to fast for me, so I'm going to ask to be replaced.
Well that looks dodgy. Ani can't possibly know anyone's role. He is obviously not paying close enough attention to the game to even keep up, let alone deduce anyones role.
The game is certainly running quickly. 27 hours had elapsed between those two posts and there had been 62 posts in that time. Once the spotlight was on him for what he said, I think he probably thought about how much reading was involved in being active in the game and decided to ask for replacement rather than time-out.
Cyberbob wrote:I do like Animorphperv for possible scum; partly for the inconsistency Snaps just outlined but also for his arguable rolefishing WRT MafiaMann.
Hmm, while I don't think it was wise for animorpherv1 to say that he thought he knew another player's role, didn't the next 2 pages or so conclude that it was DynamoXI who as rolefishing?
DynamoXI wrote:How would you know his role? Care to tell us how you came about this information?
See above comment...
earthworm wrote:Finally, I'm suspicious of DynamoXI, his actions prior in the game were bad enough that he was already in my lists of suspects, but his questioning of animorpherv1 was even worse. It seemed like a thinly veiled attempt to find out whether or not MafiaMann was indeed a powerrole, something that should have been completely left alone after it was brought up. In what possible way could finding out about animorpherv's post benefit the town?

As for animorpherv1, I think he seems more like an inexperienced player than scum, but he sure has been doing a lot of inexplicable and unhelpful stuff.
My opinion is that both animorpherv1 and DynamoXI made comments based on inexperience here.
Cyberbob wrote:Most of the scumtells being brought up don't strike me as being particularly strong, especially when I like my vote on Animorphperv1 so much.
Misrepresentation and voting based on another's reasoning are also scum tells.
FoS: Cyberbob
Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Untitled »

sorry, busy few days - posting to avoid replacement. will catch up asap.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Lowell »

^^^^^ ditto that. Bad weekend for me.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx, why the early flip-flop on nhat? I've read your posts but do not see a suitable answer for what I am asking. You claim he was just being unreasonable and not scummy, and then you vote him, and then unvote him. This seems like distancing to me. Disagreeing with someone and calling them town simultaneously, then voting them for a short period and unvoting them as soon as they become "reasonable." However, just because he has become reasonable doesn't mean his past actions are null and void! Scum can clean up their act, yes? I dislike your handling of the nhat situation, and your lack of attention to Dynamo. Can you restate your reasons for voting him/her now please?
The early flip-flop on nhat was due to the fact he had a point about EA. Making unreasonable cases early D1 is less scummy then flip flopping there. I completely forgot about Dynamo in the whole pre-game thing at that time.

His actions aren't null, just down the priority queue.

Dynamo is scummy for his trying to hop on the pact forming wagon, plus ye olde non-committal FOSing scum tell.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Sineish wrote:Hmm, while I don't think it was wise for animorpherv1 to say that he thought he knew another player's role, didn't the next 2 pages or so conclude that it was DynamoXI who as rolefishing?
Er, did you
read
Animorph's post? Dynamo might've been fishing
as well
, but there is no way in hell you're going to convince me that Animorph wasn't.
Cyberbob wrote:Most of the scumtells being brought up don't strike me as being particularly strong, especially when I like my vote on Animorphperv1 so much.
Sineish wrote:Misrepresentation and voting based on another's reasoning are also scum tells.
FoS: Cyberbob
I wasn't voting based on another's reasoning. I
mentioned
Snaps' reasoning in the post wherein I voted for Animorph, but the crux of the reason for the vote was definitely the fishing. Snaps got a mention mainly because he led me to read what Animorph had been saying a little more closely (as in in isolation).

In conclusion, no.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Post by nhat »

I like EA's case on Armlx, and it's like, an actual case as opposed to his earlier vote hopping escapades. I endorse this bandwagon

unvote

vote - Armlx
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:19 am

Post by raider8169 »

nhat wrote:I like EA's case on Armlx, and it's like, an actual case as opposed to his earlier vote hopping escapades. I endorse this bandwagon

unvote

vote - Armlx
What about it did you like? This seems like an opportunistic vote.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:00 am

Post by nhat »

1. Basically armlx pushing the hell out of the EA situation that I had brought up without committing the vote. Also him voting Dynamo, then voting for me, then hopping off of me to inexplicably go back to Dynamo.

2. Deadline is coming up, and the armlx bandwagon looks like the best option for lynch. You can't expect like 14 unique arguments for lynching one person. EA summed up well.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unvote EA
because deadline is approaching and I never actually wanted to lynch him.

I'll review in a few days when my LA is over.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
BM wrote:I tire of the 'FoS is scummy' argument. It's got to the stage where no scumbag in their right mind would do it. Unless they were trying to go for a meta of non-commitalness. *cough*Korts*cough*
I don't see how you can dismiss a legitimate scumtell based on the fact that it happens rarely.
That's not what i said atall now, is it? :roll:
Korts wrote: Also, I'm trying to be non-committal?
Yes. You were happy to admit this earlier. Why do you question it now?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”