DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Stoofer = Crazy?

Z'OMGz, Stoofer would totally have given me the bomb. With his buddy BM cheering on the sidelines.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Iron Man »

Sorry for the lurking right now, I'm a little busy with school.
I'm back.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Is Mr. Stoofer Crazy?

I'd like that either confirmed or denied.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by armlx »

M4yh3m, its neither I'm pretty sure.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Jex »

Checking in. I didn't realize that the game had skyrocketed to 15 pages so rapidly. I'm reading through and will give my thoughts tomorrow probably.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

BM: Overreacting much?

DGB: Which one person do YOU think should be blown up with you today?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 am

Post by TDC »

Coron wrote:
TDC wrote:
Coron wrote:"I post less as town" What I actually said is roughly "on average I have posted less as town" if you had posted this I would not be making a fuss over whether they were actually my words. Tense is really important.
I don't see much difference to be honest. A meta always is "on average".
"I post less as town" implies that it's my current meta. Metas change over time.
*shrug*
I think my point was that you were using your meta, excuse me "long time average meta", to argue against lurker lynchers which seemed off, because there are far better arguments against it (they do not create much information, for example), so it looked a bit desperate.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:32 am

Post by Max »

DGB, do you seriously think BM is scum?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:56 am

Post by M4yhem »

armlx wrote:M4yh3m, its neither I'm pretty sure.
:shock: How can it be neither? I'm pretty sure that's a binary choice. He either is or he isn't.

Crazy- any response to the concerns I raised about your post?
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:13 am

Post by alvinz95 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Stoofer = Crazy?

Z'OMGz, Stoofer would totally have given me the bomb. With his buddy BM cheering on the sidelines.
Why would Stoofer have given you the bomb? I've never played with him...
Is back.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

M4yhem wrote:
Crazy wrote:Btw, Stoofer's 5th Law says that if BM is still alive on Day 3, then he's probably scum.
Riiight.

So you were basically wishing him dead, or something?

BM- Why are you annoyed? Because Battousai voted you? Because two people now have asked you not to triple post? Because Battusai wants to kill you because you post alot?- which is a terrible reason if you ask me, but nobody did.

You do know if you start lurking you will jump right up my suspect list, yes?

(And what does HoA mean? Hand of attack? Herring of anger?
Lol. Yesterday, reading this thread actually peed me off, and when you get emotional over a mafia game, it's time to take a break. :lol:

HoA is Hand of Anger. I don't use it very often, but when i do, i mean it. :P

Tbh, i dont really care for threats. If i want to lurk, i'll lurk. You realise of course that when I 'lurk' i merely respond to stuff that concerns me directly. But i dont go out of my way to post content. It wouldnt be like im lurking because of pressure. If you were in my position, you'd be pretty damn annoyed too.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Stoofer = Crazy?

rofl :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

M4yhem wrote:Is Mr. Stoofer Crazy?

I'd like that either confirmed or denied.
roflmao! :D

Yes, Mr Stoofer is CRAAAAAAAZZZZZY.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
M4yhem wrote:Why do you think the scum picked you, DGB? You know yourself best, I guess. And you're town for sure, so the answer is wifom free.

I didn't like Crazy's last post.
I don't know why he would have done it, but after I scanned the player list, my instinct told me... BM!!! Duh!
lol, its because you know we're meant to be together. Not in a 'lets blow up together' way either. :P

Btw, if you want to REALLY help me out, killing Battousai would be awesome. Trust me on this. ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Crazy »

I'm not Stoofer.
M4yhem wrote:Crazy- any response to the concerns I raised about your post?
Yeah, that post was a lazy post. I didn't really feel like rereading stuff.

The only reason I picked Forbiddan over anyone else was because she is my top pick of the four people that DGB posted.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 am

BM, can you count what players want that players dead from the post where I named the 4 top candidates?

I could say "please" but I am holding an explosive device, so I don't have to. Ah, heck. Please. :wink:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:BM, can you count what players want that players dead from the post where I named the 4 top candidates?

I could say "please" but I am holding an explosive device, so I don't have to. Ah, heck. Please. :wink:
Only if you promise you won't make the love of my life an orphan. I mean, widow. erm, yeah. >.>

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Coron »

TDC wrote:
Coron wrote:
TDC wrote:
Coron wrote:"I post less as town" What I actually said is roughly "on average I have posted less as town" if you had posted this I would not be making a fuss over whether they were actually my words. Tense is really important.
I don't see much difference to be honest. A meta always is "on average".
"I post less as town" implies that it's my current meta. Metas change over time.
*shrug*
I think my point was that you were using your meta, excuse me "long time average meta", to argue against lurker lynchers which seemed off, because there are far better arguments against it (they do not create much information, for example), so it looked a bit desperate.
I was adding something actually concrete and new to the discussion. The "should we lynch lurkers" discussion is mostly played out, with one side saying "It hurts the town and it's a scum tell," while the other side saying "Nuh uh, it doesn't hurt the town nearly as much as the scum do, and it's not a scum tell," neither of them having any solid backing for their claim. At least this is something that it's just "I feel."
Crazy wrote:I'm not Stoofer.
For reference neither am I.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:19 am

Post by M4yhem »

Crazy wrote: The only reason I picked Forbiddan over anyone else was because she is my top pick of the four people that DGB posted.
Why'd you go after Iron man then?
Battle Mage wrote:It wouldnt be like im lurking because of pressure. If you were in my position, you'd be pretty damn annoyed too.
I'd be annoyed, yeah, but I wouldn't lurk. I'd fight back, which means my content would actually increase, at least for a while.

Alvinz new avatar is cool.

You going to kill someone soon, DGB?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Crazy »

M4yhem wrote:Why'd you go after Iron man then?
I was making a point that I wasn't suspicious of Forbiddan, only. And Iron Man was the only person that stuck out in my memory.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Jex »

Alright, I've finally caught up and read through the game, although there will probably be another 10 pages by the time I finish this post.

As for the people on DGB's top 4 list:

Tar: I don't really have a read on yet, so could go either way.

BM: I don't think he's scum, but he does always annoy me in games. I don't think he'd be the best choice of lynches today, but I wouldn't cry if he was blown up.

Forbiddan: There's something really off in her posts that I don't really like. She seems to get over defensive to anyone that come after her and doesn't add a ton of content in her posts. I would give more specifics but I just read 15 pages and really don't feel like looking back at the moment (yes I am lazy).

Coron: I feel that he stretched out the argument with BM for longer than it needed to be, but I don't really get a scum vibe from it all. He seems to truly believe in what he is saying and doesn't really waver from his original thought.

If choosing from these 4 I would say forbiddan is my #1 choice.

However, I think Max, Crazy, and M4yhem need to be looked at more closely as well.

Max: Seems to pop in here and there with questions about the game or say that he's still alive. There is no real content in most of his posts. I know it's already been said, but I don't like how he tried to bring up game mechanics after it was already talked out thinking this time it was more serious. That's either lazyness of not reading, or trying to avoid the subject of whats truly going on.

Crazy: Something is off in his posts but I need to go back and reread him to figure out what it is. Again, lazy right now so that will wait.

M4yhem: I don't like that he started asking DGB about wifom topics again so late in the game. He asked why the mafia would give her the bomb. I feel that this topic has been covered a lot already and not much can be learned from talking about it. There is no way to get in the minds of the mafia so there's not really a point in talking about who they gave the bomb to and why. Especially not day 1. And especially not bringing it up on page 15 of day 1.

Now that I've caught up I'll try to be here to post more.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Forbiddan: There's something really off in her posts that I don't really like. She seems to get over defensive to anyone that come after her and doesn't add a ton of content in her posts. I would give more specifics but I just read 15 pages and really don't feel like looking back at the moment (yes I am lazy).
Not that it matters for much, but for some reason this tends to be my town meta more than scum. Although even this is inconsistent. I just bring this up. Unfortunately, the only good example I have is an ongoing :(.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I disagree with much of Tar's PBPA on forbiddanlight, but this:
Interesting. A shame though, I don't get to see the ridiculous playstyle of DGB in action because you blow up today :(. So is there actually a voting phase? Seems kinda counter intuitive.
contains a strong scumtell and is important to note.

I also strongly dislike Coron's response to TDC. It feels like a very sharp backtrack.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:09 am

TSS, I'm interested in your argument, but can you eleborate? Please describe the scumtell that you see and what you dislike in Coron's response.

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:29 am

Post by M4yhem »

Jex wrote: M4yhem: I don't like that he started asking DGB about wifom topics again so late in the game.
I asked her again because I suddenly realized hers was the only trustworthy opinion.
Jex wrote:I feel that this topic has been covered a lot already and not much can be learned from talking about it. There is no way to get in the minds of the mafia so there's not really a point in talking about who they gave the bomb to and why.
I feel differently. I think we can gain a small amount of useful information from the choice. Censoring topics of conversation seems dangerous to me.

Crazy- If Iron man was just a name that had stuck in your mind, doesn't that kind of weaken the arguement that you are suspicions of more people than just forbidden?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”