Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Bell »

In post 87, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 80, Mr Sandman wrote:Bell is being at least somewhat inflammatory. Therefore, I'm not sure his comments about not wanting to engage come from a town reasoning. Instead, I think he may not want to engage in conflict because it will bring more attention to him, and this seems especially dangerous from a player like Hiraki who has already said that he more often than not is able to find mafia on D1.
If he didn't want attention on him, he'd post less, surely
Bro, nobody else was posting and I'm used to games going like, 15 pages per minute.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 95, Tanner wrote:er, have i been playing the game wrong all this time? isn't the whole point seeing whose behaviour is more or less likely to come from certain alignment? (as i type this out, i feel like it sounds sarcastic, but i didn't intent it to be and don't know how to word it otherwise.)
no i did tangle with the phrasing a little bit

i guess the better wording is that you're playing probabilities too hard? to me it seems like you're townreading him for being too scummy to be scum which to me seems like an intentional act from Bell. I think we're agreeing there - although I don't have concrete evidence of that - but you're not agreeing on the final assessment. I'm moreso asking you to think why you should think someone who is actively anti-town is town. Are they doing it because it's their playstyle? Are they doing it because they have a grudge? I don't see a likelihood in either of those things but I could be wrong. What I definitely don't see is a productive way to play the game.
In post 95, Tanner wrote:it's not just being too anti-town that he's town, it's more... things that i feel scum are less likely to do. i feel like you won't like this answer.
no, not really but i'm willing to agree to disagree
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 101, Hiraki wrote:i guess the better wording is that you're playing probabilities too hard? to me it seems like you're townreading him for being too scummy to be scum which to me seems like an intentional act from Bell. I think we're agreeing there - although I don't have concrete evidence of that - but you're not agreeing on the final assessment. I'm moreso asking you to think why you should think someone who is actively anti-town is town. Are they doing it because it's their playstyle? Are they doing it because they have a grudge? I don't see a likelihood in either of those things but I could be wrong. What I definitely don't see is a productive way to play the game.
we're not agreeing on it being *intentional*. if you could show me how those posts seem intentionally crafted to seem too scummy to be scum, i'd see your point and maybe even agree with it. but i'm reading them as posts made in the moment as the game was happening. i guess my answer would be playstyle, though maybe i'm projecting the way i play the game.
your eyes on the city.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Having a depression day. Will be back tomorrow.

Bell is probably town
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 103, Tanner wrote:
In post 101, Hiraki wrote:i guess the better wording is that you're playing probabilities too hard? to me it seems like you're townreading him for being too scummy to be scum which to me seems like an intentional act from Bell. I think we're agreeing there - although I don't have concrete evidence of that - but you're not agreeing on the final assessment. I'm moreso asking you to think why you should think someone who is actively anti-town is town. Are they doing it because it's their playstyle? Are they doing it because they have a grudge? I don't see a likelihood in either of those things but I could be wrong. What I definitely don't see is a productive way to play the game.
we're not agreeing on it being *intentional*. if you could show me how those posts seem intentionally crafted to seem too scummy to be scum, i'd see your point and maybe even agree with it. but i'm reading them as posts made in the moment as the game was happening. i guess my answer would be playstyle, though maybe i'm projecting the way i play the game.
how many reads do you have this game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 99, Bell wrote:
In post 44, Dunnstral wrote:
roleplayers
In post 94, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE: Gun

I like their style
Scum.
Not that, they made real posts
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 97, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 96, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 80, Mr Sandman wrote:To Tanner, Gún, and Rosé, is there any reason you didn't answer the RQS?
:shifty:
Probably because they are town and don't feel the need to suck up.
In post 102, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
Is this supposed to be an accusation towards me? Might want to double check your work.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

In post 107, Dunnstral wrote:Is this supposed to be an accusation towards me? Might want to double check your work.
I'm just kicking dust.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I am accusing you Dunnstral!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Dunnstral knows what he did... even if we don't!

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.1

Dunnstral [5] - Rosé, Bell, Gún, Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball
JohnnyFarrar [1] - Tanner
Mr Sandman [1] - Iconeum
Hiraki [1] - Uncrowned
Bell [1] - Mr Sandman

Not Voting [5]
- JohnnyFarrar, Paragon of Mafia Hunters, Hiraki, Akarin, Dunnstral

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-12-14 10:01:04)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Akarin
VOTE: Dunstral
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 106, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 99, Bell wrote:
In post 44, Dunnstral wrote:
roleplayers
In post 94, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE: Gun

I like their style
Scum.
Not that, they made real posts
Ya, I just don't think this one is real tbh.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I think it's better if we don't claim at all in this game. We flip town or scum and keep playing. No claims. It just makes it too easy for scum to NK all the roses.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Akarin »

So this started...
In post 6, Mr Sandman wrote:1. What is your mafia experience like?
2. Do you prefer playing as mafia or as town?
3. How would you rate your scumhunting ability?
1. Reasonable, some offsite some on an alt, some on hydras, and the games you see here. Definitely not the most experienced here but I'm not new to this.
2. Town.
3. Cassandra.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Bell »

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Akarin »

VOTE: Mr. Sandman
Too bad I missed RVS.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Akarin »

I'm weirdly invested in Rosé and Gún's backstory and I look forward to reading about their romance going forward.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Akarin »

I should say that I was basically having the same thoughts as Bell on that first page.

Bell's my top townread.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Akarin »

That, and wikifying my lazy butt.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 114, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think it's better if we don't claim at all in this game. We flip town or scum and keep playing. No claims. It just makes it too easy for scum to NK all the roses.
You don't think it's worth claiming Rose at E-1?
Gún
Gún
Townie
Gún
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Gún »

In post 51, Bell wrote:It sounds like you're always or normally a hydra with Rose?
Yes, but no.
Hiraki has thick skin IMO. They can handle it. Probably.
If hiraki is tvting me there's not much to gain by asking them about why they think I was being inconsistent or lying or both. It's just not true and there's not much I can do with it.
If it's SVT, lol, I can't do anything with that either because nothing I could say would change their mind unless they decided to make a show of changing their mind.
We're close, you could say. Hunting for years and years at this point... but I've been an apprentice most of it, so I'm just about ready to come into my own.

That being said, I slept on it (you know how hard it is to sleep when you're caught between hunts?) and your fighting spirit warmed me up a bit. You're a bit antsy for a barfight, but I don't think a well-seasoned beast's gonna pounce immediately on some poor creature. Smarter traps to lay out, places to hide. Try to wrangle it in a bit though, yeah? You're actin' more like
bait
right now for them.
In post 80, Mr Sandman wrote:
On Hiraki and Bell
In post 45, Bell wrote:I don't really wanna engage on it. It feels like it will just result in a derail and suck up all the oxygen imo.
It might be good for you, but honestly, it isn't if you;re town so this feels like the right move from my perspective.
I initially thought this seemed like a towny thing to do -- to avoid a large conflict. However, I'm actually not sure it's as well-motivated as I believed. Take this:
In post 49, Bell wrote:Sorry, could you explain your point more clearly, I don't see where I picked a fight with Hiraki?
They voted me, I let them know that they voted wrong. If anything, i'm doing it so that they don't have the blood of the innocent on their hands if they're town.
Bell tries to frame his conflict with Hiraki as something not caused by him. But it seems that based on posts such as
In post 37, Bell wrote:lol.
In post 40, Bell wrote:Wow,
you uh.
You suck at this.
Bell is being at least somewhat inflammatory. Therefore, I'm not sure his comments about not wanting to engage come from a town reasoning. Instead, I think he may not want to engage in conflict because it will bring more attention to him, and this seems especially dangerous from a player like Hiraki who has already said that he more often than not is able to find mafia on D1.

VOTE: Bell

====

To Tanner, Gún, and Rosé, is there any reason you didn't answer the RQS?
Hope you don't mind me shearing down your words, less fluff and more stuff. Funny, right? (I hope Rosé likes that little rhyme... usually the little things get her...)

Now, I gotta ask: isn't it a bit of a contradiction to go do those sorts of things if he's trying to avoid it? We all saw how he danced around the issue a bit but surely he had to know that the light was gonna be on him if he started swingin'. They were weak blows, but if he wanted to be the quiet sort of hunter he's already fumbled on the first lunge. Easy pickings.

And for your second question, well, I just had other things on my mind and it didn't seem important. Lotta blood to clean up after bringing down a beast, some wounds. But I guess if you're a hunter too, you got your ways. What you think it'll do us good for in the long run I don't much get though, but I guess we're talking.

1) I've been hunting for a while, but I just got my rites a bit ago. Brought down some beasts, nearly been brought down by some... made some coats. Shoddy coats, my aim isn't the best withour Rosé and it leaves holes. But I'm not a greenhorn no more.
2) Does anyone actually
want
to be turned into one of those things? Ugh. Smells like shit and has a nasty bite to boot. Rather just be the person killing them.
3) Well, I'll admit that I'm still not the best at getting out those damned things from their hidey-holes. I'll start running down a path after some tracks, and it'll be a stray dog pretending like he's tough. But every once in a while I'll set my sights on something, and well... those times I feel like don't even need to see to shoot and know it's good. Probably better at making sure everyone knows I'm not one of those beasts trying to hide among the hunters.
In post 89, Mr Sandman wrote:
In post 87, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 80, Mr Sandman wrote:Bell is being at least somewhat inflammatory. Therefore, I'm not sure his comments about not wanting to engage come from a town reasoning. Instead, I think he may not want to engage in conflict because it will bring more attention to him, and this seems especially dangerous from a player like Hiraki who has already said that he more often than not is able to find mafia on D1.
If he didn't want attention on him, he'd post less, surely
My point is more: I think we can reasonably expect that scum do not want to remain in the shadows all game because there's too much risk to being eliminated for not being seen to do very much. Therefore, there is a motivation to post and to try to appear as town. However, if you draw the ire of another player, you may not want negative attention focused on you and so you try to withdraw from things in the hope that new conflicts will emerge elsewhere.
Looks like me and this Dunnstral fellow have a similar mind 'bout our friend Bell.

And again, I'm sure no self-respecting wolf is gonna skulk that much where we all notice, but there's a big difference between keeping a low profile and picking fights like that, even if he didn't follow through all the way. If you're gonna try to look like a real hunter when you're not, you're not gonna get all the hunters pissed off at you like that, yeah? Some friendly debate, maybe, but that's just a bit damn too far from Bell if he wanted to play it cool.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:25 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 117, Akarin wrote:VOTE: Mr. Sandman
Too bad I missed RVS.
Go on?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:33 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Town

Tanner:
Liked Post 24 as I thought a similar thing and the post about Bell seeming slight +town for making an “anti-town” post, while not something I really agree with, didn’t seem like an excuse to try and hamfist a TR and came off to me as quite genuine.

Hiraki:
Mostly tonal read and came out looking +Town from the Bell engagement on P2.

Gun:
Pointed out Bell’s disengagement from Hiraki, which I generally like.

Bell:
Inclined to believe that Hiraki/Bell was TvT. Initially I thought he handed out some reads rather easily on P1 but I think it’s more indicative of a fluid townie mindset, especially with how he pulled it back on Hiraki. I think scum would be more concerned with crafting reads and not retracting them that quickly.

Ico:
Already detailed this, but had similar initial thoughts to Bell that I did, as well as the RQS thing. I like that they questioned me on my TR of them too. Tone seems good too.

Mr. Sandman:
Didn’t really care for the RQS stuff. However, the case on Bell was plausible and came off as genuine, and I initially had similar thoughts. Also, I generally don’t think a scum would care to question Ico about why they answered the RQS even though they said they thought it was scummy. I think that was a townie thing to question.

Mafia

DGB:
Jumping on middle of Dunn wagon after commenting on almost nothing game relevant.

Albert B Rampage:
Same as DGB pretty much, except with minor mech talk which is meh to me. Don’t think both would be on Dunn one after the other in such a similar manner, though. I am of the opinion that one of these players is scum.

Akarin:
Picking weird stuff to talk about after returning to the game. Acknowledges that the game is out of RVS and thus implying that there’s been some content that’s probably worth talking about, but decides to talk about Roses claiming if they’re at E-1? Feels like a nothing question.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”