Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Coron »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
M4yhem wrote:I'm saying pressuring DGB is a risky move since she might explode so anyone taking a risk like that seems townier to me, since they want answers more than they value their life.
I support this motion.
DGB, why do you support this motion?

Just sayin' if scum know about this, it is super easy to exploit.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Battousai wrote: BM: Just because that's what you do, doesn't mean everyone else does it. Even though I sometimes do attack the most protown player. In this case, DGB is confirmed town, thus by attacking him for that motive is asinine.
You seem to have a natural objection to anything i say, so there isn't alot of point me trying to talk to you. Suffice to say, i'd be more inclined to believe you if you had more than hot air to back you up.

I agree with Coron's last post, but i still can't shake the idea that he is playing through the eye's of scum.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

and upon rereading post 400, i just realised the rather obvious irony. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Coron wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
M4yhem wrote:I'm saying pressuring DGB is a risky move since she might explode so anyone taking a risk like that seems townier to me, since they want answers more than they value their life.
I support this motion.
DGB, why do you support this motion?

Just sayin' if scum know about this, it is super easy to exploit.
They wouldn't want to risk it. Not with an unpredictable quantity such as I.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am

I'm suddenly super-tempted to blow up Coron...

Coron, time to say your prayers.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:38 am

I'd like to see ONE intelligent post from Max. Max, I've seen you. I know you can. Don't disappoint me.

Also, I'd like to have some meat on a bone from Jex, with BBQ sauce. 'Cuz you know, last meal and all...

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Crazy »

M4yhem's defense of whomever it was (Bat, I think?) seems weird. Questioning a confirmed town is not a risky move in the least, and it's not really helpful at all.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Coron »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm suddenly super-tempted to blow up Coron...

You'd be making a mistake. I'm sure you don't like doing that.

PS. I refuse to pray to you, DGB, no matter how much you demand it.
DrippingGoofball wrote:They wouldn't want to risk it. Not with an unpredictable quantity such as I.
Hm, so it seems that you want to classify it as an action that brings attention to the player(something town doesn't mind much, but scum wants to avoid as much as possible).

I generally think these actions are protown, so I can agree with that, but we always have to remember it's only a small factor in a big equation.

I guess I can concede the point on whether it's an protown indicator, but I still don't think it should be taken as anywhere close to him being cleared.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:30 am

Coron wrote:

DrippingGoofball wrote:They wouldn't want to risk it. Not with an unpredictable quantity such as I.
Hm, so it seems that you want to classify it as an action that brings attention to the player(something town doesn't mind much, but scum wants to avoid as much as possible).

I generally think these actions are protown, so I can agree with that, but we always have to remember it's only a small factor in a big equation.

I guess I can concede the point on whether it's an protown indicator, but I still don't think it should be taken as anywhere close to him being cleared.
Oh, I don't mind doing mistakes, I do them all the time. I'm not asking that you pray to me, but to the bogus deity of your choice.

I say he's close to being cleared.

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:55 am

Post by M4yhem »

Crazy wrote:Questioning a confirmed town is not a risky move in the least, and it's not really helpful at all.
Wrong and wrong.

It is risky because it draws DGB's attention to you and she's got a bomb.

It is helpful because getting as much information out of DGB before she dies will give the town more to reread later and, since DGB can make mistakes like the rest of us, questioning her reasoning will help her examine it more closely and make her more likely to choose right.
Coron wrote: Just sayin' if scum know about this, it is super easy to exploit.
Maybe now it is (except now you said that, it isn't) but when Battousai did it it wasn't
DrippingGoofball wrote:I am open minded and easy to sway, try me.
I nominate Twomz. He's useless, avoiding scumhunting and basically lurking in plain sight. I've seen his scum play, it looks exactly like this.

I don't think Battousai is cleared at all. It's a point in her favour but she's said other thing that were dodgy, like wanting to kill BM for making content.

Coron's hard to read and he might be scum but I'd still prefer someone less verbose. Tar, for instance. He was supposed to do a P-by-P analysis of me, where is it? Don't put it off Tar, it will only get harder.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

The forbiddan scumtell was the "woe and alas" one.

As regards Coron, I felt that when TDC caught him out on acting in a way different from his previously stated position, Coron's response was an angry backlash of "No, that's not my previously stated position, my real position is the opposite of what it looked like on the surface, which I am telling you now that that is the convenient posture for me to take so as not to look like scum." The simple "acting according to his previously stated self-scum meta" as TDC noted it to be was a minor point at best, but Coron's chosen method of defense made me think VERY scummy indeed.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The forbiddan scumtell was the "woe and alas" one.
So, in other words, complete bullshit. Thanks for that :). You should realize by now that you really can't use at least half the scumtells in the wiki because the scum know them and go out of their way not to use them. There are some that can't be avoided easily, but woe and alas is one of them. It's WIFOM at best. Sorry, try again.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: woe and alas ISN'T one of them.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I agree 'woe and alas' isn't much of a tell. I do it as town, sometimes.

TSS makes a good point about Coron's reaction being over the top and I've found in other games his instincts are generally good.

Unvote, Vote:Coron
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Coron »

M4yhem wrote:
Coron wrote: Just sayin' if scum know about this, it is super easy to exploit.

Maybe now it is (except now you said that, it isn't) but when Battousai did it it wasn't
Do you think this is the first game ever where something of this nature came up? Otherwise your arguement here is at least partially invalid. I take tells this non-sustainable in situations that are super-unique with a major grain of salt.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Oh, I don't mind doing mistakes, I do them all the time. I'm not asking that you pray to me, but to the bogus deity of your choice.

I'm sorry, I don't have any bogus deities, so...

If(hypothetically), we were to make a bet now, what odds are the worst you would accept? 10:1? 100:1? 100000000:1?

How about a similar assessment of the probability I'm scum(obv for this one you wouldn't be betting with me... I have inside info)?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Coron »

M4yhem wrote:I agree 'woe and alas' isn't much of a tell. I do it as town, sometimes.

TSS makes a good point about Coron's reaction being over the top and I've found in other games his instincts are generally good.

Unvote, Vote:Coron
Good morning, sunshine.

Do you disagree with my defense, or do you just think that the fact that I decided to rigorously respond to such a small tell is suspicious?

If it's the second, then part of it is that I like futzing around with my own records, looking at how and what I did when, which is kind of the reason I keep this spreadsheet. Plus, when someone is wrong on the internet, I somehow feel compelled to correct them.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by armlx »

Batt: Your question was clearly leading into a line of argument.

BattleModge, vote count please?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by Max »

*cries* Even DGB is attacking me now (please note this means a post is coming any second now. I've generated some notes so far that I can dip into.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:17 am

Post by M4yhem »

Coron wrote:Do you think this is the first game ever where something of this nature came up?

I think Battousai acts inexperienced enough for that not to matter. Also, bringing yourself to the attention of the vig still carries risk even if you know it will make you look town.
Coron wrote:Otherwise your arguement here is at least partially invalid. I take tells this non-sustainable in situations that are super-unique with a major grain of salt.
Um...okay? I don't take this tell with any salt. Apples and oranges, I guess.

Does that go for scumtells too or just town tells?
Coron wrote: Good morning, sunshine.

Do you disagree with my defense, or do you just think that the fact that I decided to rigorously respond to such a small tell is suspicious?
Good afternoon, snowflake

Both really.

I wasn't keen on how you were so fast to point out that it isn't your current meta. Why even mention it in that case, since it's the current meta
that we need for catching scum?

I also know of at least one game in your past where you lurked as scum, so your statement seemed incorrect to begin with.

You say rigourous rebuttals are in keeping with your character generally. That's possibly true from what I've seen of you.

Max- Yes, please post content. That last post is utterly unhelpful and a borderline Appeal to Emotion as well.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 am

Post by Max »

First Page

Post 23:
twomz wrote:MOD: There are no lynches, so the mafia has to exceed the number of townies to win? Because if they equal the number of townies a perfect endgame still allows for a draw, or do they just default at that point?
I think this is an important question. It says how many mis-bombs before we lose :( (I think it'll be the if scum =< town, otherwise it'd be impossible for scum to win.)

I wonder why K-scope hasn't answered *strokes chin* I suppose we are the uninformed minority.

Page 2

Post 34:
Crazy wrote:If I understand this right:

This is Kingmaker, but the scum are the Kingmakers.

DGB is the Queen. She is confirmed innocent. She can kill someone whenever she feels like it. When she does, both of them will explode and we'll go to night.

And I think DGB was the obvious choice, just for comedic value.
Now this just has an aura of scum, I don't know why but this post does, it seems too, I dunno obvious, it is the sick version of king maker (but I'm hoping it doesn't go past 100 pages...)

Page 3

Post 73:
Battousai wrote:Ya, I just looked at the townie role pm and it says you blow yourself up as well.
I don't understand why he says "I looked at the townie role pm". Surely if he's town he'd have already read it. I know I read my role PMs when I get them

Page 4

Post 99:
M4hem wrote:Surely we can analyse for a month or so and then still kill a lurker?

Someone always lurks.

So while killing a lurker right now is a bad idea, in a few weeks it could work.
The fact that this post came early
Before
we got anyone even deciding who is scum is why I'ved quoted for scumery.

Page 5

armlx wrote:What do we have to gain from killing a lurker in a few weeks?
:goodposting:

Page 6

Post 143:
M4yhem wrote:It's not random if you analyse all the other players carefully and decide they're probably not scum.

Also, day one lynches are often quite random. I'd rather kill a lurker than an active player today.
Page 7

Nothing

Page 8

Post 181:
bm wrote:<snips>
Evidently. But could you be a bit more subtle about kissing her ass? 0.o
'Queen'? 'DGB seems to be helping that along already', 'good work DGB!'

Rofl. I see what you did thar.
DGB is the most important person in the game today, her and the person she blows up, so why this post? I think everyone but you actually cares that DGB has the power of Veto. In 3 minutes she could blow up anyone, but she doesn't because everyone wants to please the queen bee. If you don't please the Queen Bee you're dead.

Page 9

armlx wrote:Hmm, I have some thoughts on Max that involve rereading Skitzer's 2 of 4.
2 of 4

That's the link, for people who couldn't bother to look, and anyway I was right about scum in that game (avinyl) but no-one believed me, I always feel I know who scum is but I don't know why.

(That isn't the scummy post of the page)

Post 223:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
TDC wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
TDC wrote:I'm all for blowing up Coron.
Interesting choice, why?
He's well within his self-proclaimed scum-meta:
Coron wrote:On lurker lynching, on analysing around 2/3rds of my own games, which admittedly were mostly minis, I found that I have fewer posts per game day as TOWN, and more as scum.
That is very convincing.
I agree it's interesting he's on the defensive AND he's posting loads...

Page 10

killa seven wrote:HAI just saw this thread open..
He posted this at 9:50am, his next post is at 2:38pm.

Page 11

killa seven wrote:<snip (not important)
Only 3 posts all were on the 29th of August

Page 12

armlx wrote:BTW, those in doubt of DGB being logic, I cite President Mafia, where she claimed she would be 100% vote following in her executions when elected (ignore the part where she false claimed to draw the scum kill).
Again not exactly scummy just interesting.

(This is as far as I got with my notes I do have a few more notes but there in a notepad file. It took long enough for my computer to search for this never mind my Player by Player Analysis)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:04 am

M4yhem and TSS are town. Probably Max, too.

Twomz might be scum. Yes. I can see that.

Max may be right (thanks for your thoughts, feel free to post more) - killa seven is suspicious.

Coron is causing making my scumdar to smoke, whistle and throw sparks.

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Max »

Lol, I'm searching for the Player By Player analysis but can't find it, so I'll start writing again.

DGB, Don't go blow yourself up while I'm gone. ;)

I'm wondering flavour wise how the bomb works. Do 2 people go and stand next to each other? Is it an old fashioned bomb with string or one in the films with a wire we need to cut? (/sorry I know that is off topic just I try to imagine the game as it progresses in my head)
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 am

Post by M4yhem »

What I want to know is, how do you strap a bomb to somebody without waking them up.
Maybe we're all really heavy sleepers...or the mafia are ninjas.

I guess I have to defend my killing lurkers policy again, eh Max?

First of all, a lurker is significatly more likely to be scum than the average poster. Not posting content is a scumtell. Saying 'I can't see anything worth commenting on' is a scumtell. This is because it's much harder to produce content when you're scum. You aren't really suspicious of anyone and so you have to fake it and that's harder than making actual content which comes to you naturally as you read.

I know I post less as scum. That's true of many other people too.

Also, scum might post less to avoid saying something suspicious.

There are other reasons people don't post much, of course, but players often let you know in that case.

The other reason I'd prefer to kill a lurker is it hurts the town less if we're wrong. Say we have a scummy Twomz and a scummy Coron. If we blow up scummy Twomz
and he's town, the town loss is small. He's posted, what, three times? Twice with no content, once with innaccurate content. Coron, on the other hand, posts loads. We kill him and he's town, we lose a big chunk of protown information.

There are townies and townies, you see.

Of course ideally, we'd kill scum, not town, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think about minimizing town losses.

Also, Coronscum is far more likely to give himself or his scumbuddies away, given the range of things he comments on compared to Twomzscum.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Coron »

M4yhem wrote: Does that go for scumtells too or just town tells?
both.
M4yhem wrote:I wasn't keen on how you were so fast to point out that it isn't your current meta. Why even mention it in that case, since it's the current meta that we need for catching scum?
This has been explained, I don't like having to explain myself repeatedly.
M4yhem wrote:I also know of at least one game in your past where you lurked as scum, so your statement seemed incorrect to begin with.
It's not. Numbers don't lie. According to my spreadsheet I have recorded 16 games that I finished as scum, so sure, as I even stated later, I recently have lurked a lot as scum, but also as I said earlier if you were paying attention, my very first game ever, newbie 71 if you want to look it up, I had 150 posts in 3 days, and that really really brings up the average for that. You say that you doubt my actual statement of fact. Do you want me to list the games I have figured into my average so you can look them up? I can do that if you really want me to.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Coron wrote:

Oh, I don't mind doing mistakes, I do them all the time. I'm not asking that you pray to me, but to the bogus deity of your choice.

If what Coron says is correct, then i don't see why am i anything less than totally confirmed town. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”