alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Unvote, Vote: Max

I still think Max is the best person to bomb because of his still odd posts that are mostly jokes and not scumhunting, which apparently doesn't support his meta, and his statement about sucking up to DGB. I think scum would most likely do that because they don't want to get bombed, and real townies would be questioning and trying to find as much information possible.
Is back.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Forbiddanlight 3 (Jordan, Tarhalindur, Crazy)
Twomz 3 (Battle Mage, M4yhem, DoS)
Max 2 (Battousai, Alvinz)
Battle Mage 1 (Twomz)
TSS 1 (Iron Man)
Haschel Cedricson 1 (Jex)
Jex 1 (Haschel Cedricson)
Tarhalindur 1 (Forbiddanlight)
Battousai 1 (Armlx)

Not Voting: TSS, Max, Coron, TDC, QUEEN DGB, Killa 7

I'm starting to agree with Armlx that everyone should be putting a vote down now, and committing to a serious suspect. Ridiculous votes like Haschel's and Jex's are anti-town.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Twomz »

DGB wrote:Twomz, are you a Jester?
Game Description wrote: Explosiva Mafia
3 mafiates
17 townies
Scum gives a bomb to a townie
Townie blows up some shit
My last post was just showing that unvoting, revoting and FoS spamming is retarded because VOTES DO NOT DETERMINE THE LYNCH!!! Just like kingmaker, you can vote for whoever you want with no restrictions beyond ones whomever is counting the votes puts there.

I know I'm not posting asstons of content... but really no one is and I've forced myself over the years to not spam during mafia games. I could post once every 4 or 5 hours if I wanted to (although that'd still be a post a page, geez) but I haven't seen anything I felt a need to comment on, so I've been hanging back. I'm not gonna post every time I read the thread and I'm not gonna post every single little thought I have on the game. If I have something to say I will say it, but I don't right now (I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but it's to drive home the point so meh).

Also, every time a page is added I feel the likelihood of me doing a reread slipping away... maybe y'all should start thinking about everything you want to say and hitting preview instead of double/triple/quadruple posting.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Twomz wrote:
DGB wrote:Twomz, are you a Jester?
Game Description wrote: Explosiva Mafia
3 mafiates
17 townies
Scum gives a bomb to a townie
Townie blows up some shit
My last post was just showing that unvoting, revoting and FoS spamming is retarded because VOTES DO NOT DETERMINE THE LYNCH!!! Just like kingmaker, you can vote for whoever you want with no restrictions beyond ones whomever is counting the votes puts there.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Because i'm counting the votes, and we're trying to learn something useful, i will only count 1 vote per person. By all means make more, but be aware that only the 1st legitimate vote will count. You clearly dont understand the reasons behind the switching of votes, on my part at least, which is why you lash out in OMGUS. Think on please.
Twomz wrote: Also, every time a page is added I feel the likelihood of me doing a reread slipping away... maybe y'all should start thinking about everything you want to say and hitting preview instead of double/triple/quadruple posting.
lol....no.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

BM,

Please add one vote from me, for every player that is not voting. Just throwin' my weight around... I want everyone to VOTE.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by TDC »

I do not remember you ever saying that you guarantee you'll bomb the majority vote.
Will you?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TDC wrote:I do not remember you ever saying that you guarantee you'll bomb the majority vote.
Will you?
Actually, i'd reccommend DGB does make this promise. Whether you keep it or not doesnt matter. The fact you make the promise, makes votes more significant, and thus we can scumhunt usefully.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Coron »

TDC wrote:I do not remember you ever saying that you guarantee you'll bomb the majority vote.
Will you?
Footnote: DGB gets as many votes as she wants.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 am

Post by TDC »

Which is equivalent to all other votes counting for nothing, and hence being useless.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Coron »

TDC wrote:Which is equivalent to all other votes counting for nothing, and hence being useless.
No, actually, we can achieve a majority without any votes from DGB, in which case DGB is obligated to kill our target. It does mean that at any time DGB can say "screw it, this day has gone on too long" and kill a person.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by M4yhem »

forbiddanlight wrote: Anyway, I really haven't had much to say about the current deliberations. Or else I would have been posting.
You disappoint me, sweetheart. There’s lots to talk about. What do you think of Twomz, for example?
Max wrote:Coron isn't scum, I think he isn't anyway.
Do you know why you think this? And what do you think of my defense of lurker lynching? I wrote that just for you.
armlx wrote: I don't understand what BM4yh3m is doing.
You don’t understand our vote for Twomz? Even after Riverworld? Or something else?
Twomz wrote:
vote: BM, M4yhem, FL and Tar

Suck it >.<
*Sucks it*

Mmmmm...tastes like...caramel
alvinz95 wrote: I still think Max is the best person to bomb because of his still odd posts that are mostly jokes and not scumhunting, which apparently doesn't support his meta,
Actually, DGB said it did support his meta. Since she’s confirmed human, I trust her information.
Twomz wrote: My last post was just showing that unvoting, revoting and FoS spamming is retarded because VOTES DO NOT DETERMINE THE LYNCH!!!
Noone said they did, but they are a clear indicator of who you suspect and useful for information gathering purposes.
Twomz wrote: I haven't seen anything I felt a need to comment on, so I've been hanging back.
You haven’t see anything scummy- since the game began?
You haven’t seen anyone who looks protown- since the game began?
There are no questions you want to ask? Nothing you think needs discussing?
Twomz wrote:I'm not gonna post every time I read the thread and I'm not gonna post every single little thought I have on the game.
You haven’t posted any thoughts at all! Nine days and nineteen pages and there’s nothing that occurs to you at all?
Twomz wrote: If I have something to say I will say it, but I don't right now (I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but it's to drive home the point so meh).
That’s what you said when you were scum in Rivertown.
Twomz wrote:Also, every time a page is added I feel the likelihood of me doing a reread slipping away.
What’s the point in rereading if you don’t comment the first time? It’s not like you’re trying to scumhunt, as far as I can tell.
DrippingGoofball wrote:BM,

Please add one vote from me, for every player that is not voting. Just throwin' my weight around... I want everyone to VOTE.
<3
I endorse this message.

I don’t care if DGB follows the votes exactly, as long as she reads our opinions and takes them into account.

For all you people complaining about there being ‘too much’ conversation-Haschel Cedricson, Twomz, Battousai; if I promise to post less, will you agree to post more, and post with substance?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Right, a few things I've noticed on my first reskim:

I understand that Iron Man made an unhelpful post, but I don't see why Crazy would consider it unhelpful enough to make Iron Man Crazy's number 1 choice. In addition, Max has done the same thing as Iron Man several times over, and yet Crazy's only mention of Max attacked him for something completely different. Forbiddanlight pressed him on attacking some people and ignoring others doing the same thing, and Crazy's response was that Iron Man "was the only person that stuck out in [his] memory." Iron Man has done nothing of note in this game to be memorable; in fact, I almost forgot he was playing until I read Crazy's posts.
Vote: Crazy

JordanA24 has not posted anything useful since the game started.

I also disagree with M4yhem's assessment of Tarhalinder. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the conclusion, Tar's pbp of forbiddanlight was logical and internally consistent. Describing it as a "load of nothing" is inaccurate and I would like to hear M4yhem explain WHY it is a "load of nothing".

That's all for now. I want to let this game float around in my head before I draw any more conclusions.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Coron »

Vote: Max
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Battousai »

M4hyem: I'm trying not to post a lot because of the amount of posts per day. I will try and post daily though. I don't want you to post less, what I was complaining about were posts like coron's 457. BM's getting a little better with her post 453. So far in this game BM would have posted that last quote and the lol no part in a different post. I really just want posts that have nothing in them but a quick retort gone or at least merged into a post with something in it.
Also, every time a page is added I feel the likelihood of me doing a reread slipping away... maybe y'all should start thinking about everything you want to say and hitting preview instead of double/triple/quadruple posting.
QFT

See? I didn't have to make another post with just that. I really don't want to sound mean, but chances of an accurate reread (one where you don't just skim over a bunch of it) are lessened.

DGB: I know you like being Queen, but I think it is getting close to a new crowning. I think you need to come to a decision (probably after everyone's voted someone to get information tomorrow) on who to blow up. I prefer Max or even BM, but if you think I'm the scummiest then by all means blow me up, but I think this day has gone on for quite a while (20 pages almost).
BM wrote: Actually, i'd reccommend DGB does make this promise. Whether you keep it or not doesnt matter. The fact you make the promise, makes votes more significant, and thus we can scumhunt usefully
"Whether you keep it or not doesnt matter." I don't like that part, I dunno. It sounds like you're making DGB's promise (if made) empty. I don't think you meant that, but I just wanted to point that out.

LoLynchers: Personally, I'm for it to an extent. If I think someone would be lurking just enough not to get replaced, I would lynch them. Reason being I would not want them alive at end game due to a lack of a read on them. As the days go by, lurkers become more and more dangerous no matter their alignment.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Coron wrote:
Explain your vote.
Is back.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

LoLynchers: Personally, I'm for it to an extent. If I think someone would be lurking just enough not to get replaced, I would lynch them. Reason being I would not want them alive at end game due to a lack of a read on them. As the days go by, lurkers become more and more dangerous no matter their alignment.
Lurk all lynchers? Huh?

You disappoint me, sweetheart. There’s lots to talk about. What do you think of Twomz, for example?
That he only started posting again and hasn't been very impressive in proving he's town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Coron »

alvinz95 wrote:
Coron wrote:
Explain your vote.
If I had to pick a person I thought was scum, I'd pick Max.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Will you?
Maybe, maybe not.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Battousai wrote:DGB: I know you like being Queen, but I think it is getting close to a new crowning. I think you need to come to a decision (probably after everyone's voted someone to get information tomorrow) on who to blow up. I prefer Max or even BM, but if you think I'm the scummiest then by all means blow me up, but I think this day has gone on for quite a while (20 pages almost).
Before I blow up, I want to hear more from JordanA24, Twomz, and Max, among others.

After they've contributed, I will follow with a "who I want to blow up and why" and then toy with my victim of choice a little. Blowing up JordanA24 is very tempting at the moment, I must say.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by armlx »

I actually don't care much about you 4 as compared to Batt and Max, BM.

And the BM4yh3m was a joke as to how you 2 are 100% agreeable with each other.

m4yh3m, Twomz's meta is actually true though. Riverworld was just a game with him as scum where he did it, there are ones where he is town.

Though obligatory
FOS TWomz
for disrupting the voting system.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

vote:battousai, Coron, and 1/2 vote each on forbiddanlight and Max
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

*facepalm*

Battousai, i'm not a girl. 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm not, I'm not, I'm not.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 am

Post by armlx »

I'm posting this in all my games. My computer power cord just broke again, same issue as last time. I'm going to be on LA for a week or two while I wait for a new one to arrive.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 am

Post by Max »

alvinz95 wrote:I still think Max is the best person to bomb because of his still odd posts that are mostly jokes and not scumhunting, which apparently doesn't support his meta.
You've been in a game with me "2 of 4" Read it then tell me whether I'm playing different to my Meta in-fact look at every single game I've played, in practically every one (excluding 1 or 2) I've been confirmed as scum by most people. THIS just seems like an excuse to bandwagon you don't just agree with other people the use of the word "apparently" it means you disagree, bring something else to the table instead of just agreeing.

Vote: alvinz95

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”