As far as I can tell, there are now three possibilities:

1) Flameaxe was scum
2) Sarcastro and Elmo are both scum
3) Incognito is scum

I'm leaning
pretty
strongly toward door number three at this point, partially because I
know
number two is false (though I expect Incognito will begin to make a case for it immediately).

I'm ready to lynch Incognito whenever everyone else is ready (the only other possibility is that Gorrad is the only scum left, in which case there's no harm lynching him tomorrow anyway).
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Actually, no. I still think Elmo is very town and that the person I'm currently voting for is scum.

Heh. Now I'm
very
curious as to why the only other possibility is that Gorrad is the only scum left and you're so certain that he'll be around tomorrow. Weren't
you
the one considering a farside-scum possibility?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm not buying Gorrad's "why wasn't Flameaxe alignment shown" comment. There was so much discussion before the game started and before you say he wasn't here day 1 there was yesterday's discussion on the Encryptors ability.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Incognito wrote:Actually, no. I still think Elmo is very town and that the person I'm currently voting for is scum.

Heh. Now I'm
very
curious as to why the only other possibility is that Gorrad is the only scum left and you're so certain that he'll be around tomorrow. Weren't
you
the one considering a farside-scum possibility?
Um, what? Either you're scum with Gorrad, or Gorrad is the only scum left. Those are the only two possibilities from my perspective, assuming that I'm correct about Gorrad being scum (and I'm really not sure how I could be wrong about that). Neither Farside nor Elmo can be scum with Gorrad because otherwise they would have hammered either you or me already.

If you think I'm scum, who am I scum with? Elmo or Flameaxe?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Elmo »

Yup. I worked this out yesterday.

I've made what I consider a strong case that Flameaxe was town, so the following assumes that.
My vote for Incog means that Farside - Gorrad, Farside - Sarcastro, and Gorrad - Sarcastro would have hammered by now. (1)
Incog's vote for Sarc mean that Elmo - Farside, Elmo - Gorrad and Farside - Gorrad would have (probably) hammered by now. (2)

Therefore:
Global View

a)
Elmo - Farside
(2)
b)
Elmo - Gorrad
(2)
c) Elmo - Incognito
d) Elmo - Sarcastro
e)
Farside - Gorrad
(1+2)
f) Farside - Incognito
g)
Farside - Sarcastro
(1)
h) Gorrad - Incognito
i)
Gorrad - Sarcastro
(1)
j) Incognito - Sarcastro

Specifically:
My point of view

f) Farside - Incognito
h) Gorrad - Incognito
j) Incognito - Sarcastro
Incognito is confirmed scum.

Sarc's point of view

c) Elmo - Incognito
f) Farside - Incognito
h) Gorrad - Incognito
Incognito is confirmed scum.

Farside's point of view

c) Elmo - Incognito
d) Elmo - Sarcastro
h) Gorrad - Incognito
j) Incognito - Sarcastro
If Elmo is town, Incognito is scum.
If Sarcastro is town, Incognito is scum.
If Elmo is town and Sarc is town, the scum are {Gorrad, Incognito}.

Global View

The only way Farside can be scum is with Incognito.
The only way Gorrad can be scum is with Incognito.

So you're correct. But it gets better. If we lynch Gorrad-scum today, Incognito's confirmed scum to everyone, since he's the only person Gorrad can still be scum with. And that's game. ^_^

It can possibly be pushed further, actually. But I need to go do something now. I'll try and be back later.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 am

Post by farside22 »

With all the back and forth I can't agree with Incognito - Sarcastro scum. They both have pushed for each other since day 1 and I have heard of bussing, but not that much.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:58 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: Incognito
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Valar morghulis.

Vote: Incognito
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Seriously, I'd almost convinced myself that Gorrad was scum by the end of that.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Patrick »

Final Votecount

Incognito (3) -- Elmo, farside22, Sarcastro
Sarcastro (1) -- Incognito

Not voting: Gorrad
5 alive, 3 to lynch.
-----------------------------

You all stand there, the five of you, discussing who should be lynched. Accusations and votes are thrown around, then suddenly, out of nowhere, the decision is made that Incognito should be the one to die. It seems a little hasty considering you might be in lylo, but eh, no going back on it now. Elmo and Gorrad watch Incognito dying, then both have this odd sensation. That tingling feeling you get when someone is pointing a gun at the back of your head. The town is now weak enough for the mafia to make itself known. Elmo and Gorrad's last sight of this earth are the two surviving murderers grinning before pulling their triggers, then everything goes black. Both are dead before hitting the ground.

Incognito - Townsperson - lynched day 7

Elmo - Townsperson - killed in the endgame

Gorrad - Townsperson - killed in the endgame

Scumbags (DrippingGoofball, farside22, Sarcastro and Xtoxm) win!
Last edited by Patrick on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Incognito »

I can remove this from Watched Topics now?

Good.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the abrupt end all. I am exhausted and thought why toy with the town folks any more. Loved my role by the way. I figured the whole WIFOM on flameaxe would be fun to use. I can't believe Elmo voted with the thought that Flameaxe was town and a possible quick lynch.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Elmo »

Wow. gg

Grovelling begins now, hah.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Patrick »

Roles and Nightactions

Mafia Godfather: Marmalade/DrippingGoofball
Mafia Encryptor: starkmoon/farside22
Mafia 3 shot roleblocker: Sarcastro
Mafia Goon: ashmite84/Xtoxm

Cop: babygirl86
Hider: mr incrediball
Hider: Mellowed Man
Supersaint: Ether

Night 1
Mafia kills babygirl86
babygirl86 investigates armlx (innocent, but cop dies)
mr. incrediball hides with Sarcastro (kills hider)

Night 2
Mafia kills JDodge

Night 3
Mafia kills elvis_knits

Night 4
Mafia kills Ether

Night 5
Mafia kills scotmany12

Night 6
Mafia kills Coron
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm not too pleased with how this game turned out. The setup probably slightly favour the scum, but it's hard to tell because all the important poweroles were dead when day 2 started. The game was more like vanilla mafia where scum had the advantage of encryption, rather than Pick your Poison Mafia. And day 1 just annoyed me.

I was kind of at a loss as to how to deal with Flameaxe. Maybe I should have replaced him earlier, but I was leary of it because his play didn't seem any different to normal, and I thought replacing him under a "play to win" type rule might give a hint as to his alignment (since tactical lurking is more acceptable for scum). In future, I won't have him in games of mine.

I usually end this kind of thing with a "hope you enjoyed it", but I suspect this game will be on some people's want to forget lists. Thanks to all those players who did put in the effort, and thanks to those who replaced in.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Elmo »

Wow, first time that's happened. I really can't see it going any other way in retrospect.. hum. I am not deeply surprised that Gorrad was a mislynch if one was going to happen, moreso about Incog. Again, grovelling. Dunno, perhaps I was biased because you were looked so obviously town to me in Satin Doll. (IIRC, I have said
exactly
the same thing as scum somewhere before, so forgive me for discounting the mini/large thing.)

My initial thoughts are that Sarc basically slid through the entire game. I suppose that's what I was worried about before, but I figured Ether was saying that was normal for him, so there's not a great deal to be done about it. Umm. Farside played good, that I can remember. I'll be interested to reread this. I suppose that's another black mark for that particular kind of inference, heh.

What is fairly odd is that the more I analysed this, the worse my reads seemed to get. I'm not quite sure what that means yet.

Also, yeah, talk about the worst possible day/night 1 ever. Why would you not claim as a hider? Oh well.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:31 am

Post by farside22 »

I did terrible at the start of this game and Ether was right to question me. However since I gave birth and had trouble posting everyone I felt I could use that as an excuse.
I think the biggest surprise was seeing Ether turn up SS. I thought she might use that to kill a member of the scum team.
The day talk helped to organize Sacra and myself for the quick lynch.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I feel a bit bad for how I played during the middle of this game in particular. I did largely slide through without much contribution, but it didn't have much to do with the fact that I was scum. I felt bad about it, so I tried to pick up my play and I did feel that I did my share in terms of getting the win by the end. Of course, tons of luck also helped.

My arguments against Gorrad were really easy to make, though. Like I said, I'd almost convinced myself that he was scum.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Elmo »

Oh, yes, this may not be obvious: I acted like that simply because I found some kind of motivation, mostly by accident, and was pretty sure it wouldn't last forever. Even yesterday and tonight, I found myself struggling to stay interested; this was my last game before I take an indefinite break from mafia. Honestly, I didn't hate this game, probably mostly because I lurked when I got bored, but I'm not sure if this kind of absolute apathy is worse or better. Anyhow, I gave it a shot. gg

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Coron »

Firstly, flameaxe should have been replaced. His posts were REALLY REALLY infrequent, like 1-3 per prod or something like that, and 2/3rds of them didn't even pertain to mafia. It is just stupid to allow such a person to continue to play. Secondly, he normally posts a lot more, this is not the "usual flameaxe" and even if it was, I wouldn't really care.

Okay, mafia, so give me some insights into the private conversations you had. Right before the Xtoxm lynch? Right before the DGB lynch? Right before the Armlx lynch? Any other interesting times?

Before the end of yesterday, sarcastro was 2nd on my lynch list after Flameaxe, who was there from pure annoyance, but honestly after gorrad's hammer I would probably have voted him. It felt oh so wrong. Also I figured that the mafia would use their hiding powers on that day, when the day started, just so town didn't know whether it was at Lynch or Lose. I'd put farside back into the running just recently, but over all both of you did a great job. Sacastro was the only person I was truely suspicious of before Gorrad's hammer, which is kind of why I was willing to default to lynching flameaxe(there had to be 2 scum at least...).

Near the end I was sure elmo was town despite being suspicious for much of the game. I'm really not sure what the hang up was in the whole damn game about incog. Seriously. Guys, that was stupid.

Our power roles did end up getting so screwed it was crazy, I don't know if that was just random, or scum were actually aiming for any of it.

I still believe that the stupidest thing done in this game was the armlx lynch.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

From the final 5 players alive, Sarcastro should've been a default lynch. That's 50% a compliment to his competence as a player, and 50%, nobody wants to see Sarcastro win as scum. lol

It's always easy to say when you're merely watching.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:18 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't recall much with xtoxm. I can get you the link to our talks if you want to read them yourself. The thing with DBG was she asked me to stop bussing her, but I felt I had little choice (hence the unvote of DBG that day and the revote on her). Not much conversation really took place during the day. I think Sarcastro only just used the day talk for the quick lynch today so we could end the game no problem.
If Sacrastro had been lynched I would have killed Elmo. He looked protown even in my own read thru after he got his head in the game at least. Gorrad looked so scummy I don't think even Incog could bypass it.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Frik. Listen to the vote counts ><. I played far from my best this game, I'm really sorry y'all. Sarc and Farside, y'all had me fooled and good!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hey, Gorrad, for a counterpoint to that, read the tail end of Big Love. That's basically a perfect example of how that kind of analysis can backfire. I'm serious when I say relying solely on that kind of analysis leaves you very open to non-clueless scum. For example, Farside22 is voting for scum in every votecount posted apart from day 2. A vote is not the same as a vote! If scum read the mood properly, they can vote for their buddies all the time in the knowledge that they probably won't be lynched. This results in stuff like Alice voting for Bob all through the game, saying Bob needs to die, and Bob not actually dying until like LyLo - 2. Then everyone is like, wow, she's been after him all game! She must be town!

There's also the fact that some scum will simply be hyper-conservative with respect to bussing and their voting patterns will look pro-town; possibly moreso than if they were actually town, because they can place themselves perfectly on each scum lynch. You might want to look at the recent Satin Doll Showdown for an example of that.

I would like to emphasise that my play in this game (with respect to the signup thread thing) was sort of a proof by contradiction; I will sometimes try things I believe will not work, simply to verify that they actually don't. I think that I executed it fairly well (in particular everyone agreed I was pro-town at pretty much exactly when I wanted them to, and ignored me before that), but it was simply flawed from the start; certainly I've learnt quite a lot from how it affected the game flow. In particular, what happens relatively early has a *much* greater effect on the lategame than I thought, at least when people read back. I think I was right in that it didn't work, but totally wrong as to why.

Incognito wrote:Second of all, I have been poking at lurkers this game. There's actually quite a few of them, and it's fucking impossible for me to poke at all of them at the same time. Can we run down the list? DGB, Gorrad, Sarcastro, Xtoxm (if you'd like to include him), farside22, Coron, Flameaxe, Elmo... I mean seriously.
I am curious that all the scum lurked. I'm not sure how much that contributed; Farside and Sarc played pretty well, from what I can see, but I have to wonder how well lynch all lurkers would have worked here. Let's remove JDodge and Flameaxe (for whom lurking is quite clearly a null tell), Coron (who either wasn't lurking or for whom it's a null tell, depending on your definitions) and me for whom I'm (in my view) largely excused by my sign-up thread post; that leaves (in order of lurkiness) DGB, Gorrad, Sarcastro, Xtoxm (if you'd like to include him), farside22. That's a town win with onl one mislynch. :shock:

Interestingly, armlx's reads seemed a lot different from the majority view, but (iirc) if you combine them both, I think the scum are in there. Perhaps that's a statement of the obvious, but I can't help feeling there's a general principle nibbling at me somehow.

BM: I just thought Sarcastro sucked as scum. "Metagame Sarcastro" was on my todo list, but virtually nothing on that got done this game. (shrug)

Also, wow, armlx and Coron's exchange starting around 581 is probably the best thing ever.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Incognito »

Thanks, Patrick, for modding. That's all I've really got to say about this one lol.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”