Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:58 pm

Post by Mgm »

I agree that the no-kill following Nanook being blocked makes him scummy, but I find MMCL claiming to be blocked so his results failed, when the only claimed roleblocker targetted someone else more suspicious.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:45 am

Post by MMCL »

People, I messed up. Big Style too.

I am sorry - I was wrong, or rather, the information I had was. There was always a chance of that. I did tell you this. In all honesty would I have painted such a big target on myself if I thought Tally wouldn't be scum? Did I make anyone follow me? No and No.

I was wrong - I admit that. All I can ask is that you forgive me, unvote, and allow me to help you catch some scum. If Tally was alive I could convince her that I am not scum, and I do it the same way I would convince her. I ask you all to trust me. Seriously guys - trust me. Tally knows that I will only ever say that if the situation is dire and I am being honest.

Let's look at this logically, with no kill last night we are at the same position we are just after we incorrectly lynched Talitha. The best option for the town regardless of what you think I am is to no-lynch. The chance we will hit a pro-town player for the lynch is high and at least this way we won't do that. Looking at the voting so far, I am that pro-town player.

A no-lynch means we effectively go back in time - to yesterday - yes the scum have another kill shot, but then information gatherers and such have another chance to gather information. It's almost like it's a free night's worth of investigations for us - so lets use it.

Why didn't I get information last night? I should have - all I can think is that some scum might have blocked me (scum can have roles too). Why was I blocked? Well maybe I am a threat to them after all and they are hoping for a quick lynch of me today - because I can't give you information today.

Don't let the scum win - please unvote.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:57 am

Post by willows_weep »

would I have painted such a big target on myself if I thought Tally wouldn't be scum?
But wasn't there a time in that day where you did say she might not be? That you weren't sure if your information was correct?
Did I make anyone follow me?
What was the point of your actions? There are so many other ways someone with potential 'goods' on someone can help us.

But MMCL, what information does your ability give us?
You had seen talitha before right?
Doing what?
And you deemed it pure scum actions?
And you're saying the information you had was wrong.

So, it wasn't your interpretation of information, it was that the mod text was decieving?
Well, we would have to work out a way to test in what way it is decieving, etc no?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:33 am

Post by Mgm »

MMCL, if you find a no-lynch the best bet, then why are you voting Nanook? You're starting to sound like cornered lying scum.

IIRC, I also said something yesterday about how you would claim insane or paranoid today if the Tally lynch went wrong. You said you wouldn't, but lo and behold, that's exactly what you are doing! Just explain to us why you considered your results to be so trustworthy that you would lynch Tally based on them. You can't become a bigger target anymore and sharing that info might get you off the hook.
Show
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:39 am

Post by Fuldu »

MMCL wrote:Let's look at this logically, with no kill last night we are at the same position we are just after we incorrectly lynched Talitha. The best option for the town regardless of what you think I am is to no-lynch. The chance we will hit a pro-town player for the lynch is high and at least this way we won't do that. Looking at the voting so far, I am that pro-town player.
Well that's just crap logic. If this were truly the case, the best choice for town Day One would nearly always be to no lynch. I don't think I've ever seen you make that argument.
MMCL wrote:If Tally was alive I could convince her that I am not scum, and I do it the same way I would convince her. I ask you all to trust me. Seriously guys - trust me. Tally knows that I will only ever say that if the situation is dire and I am being honest.
MMCL in Bonus Mafia wrote:I have defended myself as much as I can - I am innocent. If you check back you will see I have answered every question put to me. As for my claim being convuleted well, it's the truth - what more can I say?
And how is "it's the truth" substantively distinct from "trust me"? I watched your scum play in Bonus very carefully; I was your GF, after all. You came out with an excruciatingly outrageous claim (trying unsuccesfully to save me from lynch) and then worked the sheer ludicrousness of it for several game days until you were night-killed by the opposing scum team. Somehow that's an effective ploy for you, and I don't intend to let town fall for it here.
vote: MMCL
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:39 am

Post by MMCL »

I already explained Willows, hun. I would say it was a 50/50 chance... and that was better than any other option I had for the day.

I thought Tally was scum from the info I had - that info could have been wrong or misleading. But 50/50 chance was good enough for me and it WAS a better option than a random lynch which invariably goes wrong.

I won't quote the mod if that is what you were inferring, however I wouldnt say the mod decieved me in any way. The text was clear (as it always is).

Just for the record if I am lynched you will see I am not scum and that I was telling the truth. As a result I expect everyone to look very closely at Nanook and Willows - the people I am most suspicious off.

I am getting good at reading Willows. I picked her out directly in masonry mafia and I think she may well be scum here.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:49 am

Post by MMCL »

So many posts - is that me lynched?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:17 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

They lynch you without giving me a chance to post? Bah!

Vote: MMCL
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:57 am

Post by silgado106 »

Actually FD, yours was the lynching vote...
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:13 am

Post by MMCL »

Not that it matters now - but I do expect apologies from you all :)
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

You expect apologies from us when it was you that started all this mess. I don't think that I would have ever bothered you if it wasn't for you coming out so early in the game for no reason really. It wasn't even the results as much as it was the early claim, and to claim cop on top of it just made things worse. If anything you made it worse for the town, so even if you are truly who you say you are, it's good I think that you leave since you didn't seem to really help the town at all.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

MMCL- 8 (Mgm, Save The Dragons, NanookTheWolf, Wacky, willows_weep, lulu muumuu, Fuldu, Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (MMCL, KingEnigma)

Not voting (4)- PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, Silgado106, ralphmerridew

Well, that's "hastily". The Town's Day is suspended so the Village's Night can catch up. Get Village choices in in, say,
72 hours
; (More than 5 because strictly observing it would put it on Thanksgiving) I'll post the deathscene then.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:52 am

Post by Norinel »

The Top 10 Reasons Dichotomafia != Tuthrededmafya:

10. Werewolfs are cool. (PeaceBringer's wording, STD & King Enigma expressed similar sentiments)
9. It's two, two, two roles in one! (FD, Fishbulb, tss's sentiments, my wording)
8. Wacky can't count. (The fourth of Wacky's ten reasons)
7. Dichotomafia has a much cooler name. (MMCL)

Town Day 2/Village Night 2:

The town converges on MMCL quickly, almost as if they had been discussing lynching him all night. So quickly, in fact, that right before actually hanging him, somebody points out that they had some unfinished business to take care of. Everyone takes a little break and leaves MMCL hanging (Almost literally) for a while.

Things reconverge slowly, but eventually they get around to hanging MMCL, and digging up the investigative materials he had lying around the house.

MMCL (Cop) - lynched Day 2 in the Town.

It is now Night 3 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

As one might expect, the town and village populations stay even; the village resident to not show up at the village meeting is willows_weep. Her house is full of investigative materials too, just of a slightly more mystical nature.

willows_weep (Seer) - mauled Night 2 in the Village.

It is now Day 2 in the Village, 7 to lynch.

(Seer is Cop, and Cop is Seer, if it weren't obvious.)
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:19 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

That sucks.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:16 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I agree, what to do next?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:40 am

Post by Mgm »

Let's go back and see who willow's suspected...
Show
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:13 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Peacebringer...

I don't know what to make of it...she never unvoted peacebringer, but that's not particularly damning.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:48 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

From MMCL, we know that there's at least one unreliable cop in the town; we probably have at least one in the village. Any signalling that willows_weep did yesterday would have been on the basis of one investigation.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

I feel bad about MMCL's lynch. I meant to retract my demand for it yesterday in the village (was waiting until the end of the day so it would be too late for scum to change their night kill choice).
Anyway, the point was to sniff some scum out, and I think town has plenty to work with there.

As for the village, it's true we don't know anything about WW's sanity. But is the reason that she got killed because scum thought she might be a cop? This is a definite possibility, and PB could be a good vote today. I'll wait until I've re-read the day to vote.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:41 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

when I saw that willow was cop and saw that she cast a vote off the bat on me yesterday, I didn't like it one bit cause I knew I would likely end up bandwagoned and I know I am not a wolf. If she viewed me her sanity was definitely off and I guess scum saw that and certainly moving to set me up. I don't know what I could say to convince anyone that I would not be the play so I will see what you all decide is your best course of action. All I know is I am not a wolf and am not scum.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:44 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Why even guess at willows' results? We're in Dichotomafia, remember?
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:06 pm

Post by Wacky »

I agree with ralphmerridew. Correspondingly, I'd like to ask mmcl to reveal his results now, if that's a good idea.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:23 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

He said he was blocked night 2. But I agree that it is in everybody's interest for him to reveal exactly what he had on Talitha night 1.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:40 pm

Post by MMCL »

I got Tally = Guilty, my sanity was... questionable, it seems.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Who do you think are the scum in the town MMCL? Our opinions could be helpful there because we're confirmed innocent now we're dead :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”