Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Pardon the wall of text, guys. Player review here.

Kenfucius/Battousai:
I'd yell at Kenfucius for pressure-voting chenhsi if I didn't do the same thing. I can't figure out his reason for voting Wumbo, and his quick unvote is questionable.

Battousai replaces in and his second post puts Dark wingstalker at L-1. He states that, at that point, DWS, geraintm and I are his top three suspects—DWS for putting Wumbo at L-1 out of not paying attention, geraintm for misinterpreting posts, and me for telling Wumbo to claim or die (which I defend as my play style). I now think that this post saying that he doesn't want to lynch chenhsi despite a counterclaim is a breadcrumb to his also being a cop. He then goes off saying that neither maxwellhouse nor Dark wingstalker should be lynched Day 2 so maxwellhouse's sanity (if he is the cop) can be confirmed. After FoS'ing Inspector Godot for lining up lynches and then voting him for banking on maxwellhouse being a second cop, he decides to vote Dark wingstalker anyway, and DWS turns out to be the godfather. Battousai then votes Inspector Godot given the Dark wingstalker wagon, and he ends up also being Mafia. Votes me given my claim and his results so far since he hadn't investigated me yet. Mistakes my tracker claim for a reporter claim and by that reasoning questions why I targeted maxwellhouse knowing that he would leave his house—actually, since I am the tracker, exactly why I targeted him in the first place. Decides to leave me alive given that both claimed power roles should stick around and then votes Cass for his reasons for investigating her Day 2, then votes no lynch to prevent today from being lynch or lose. Investigates me and gets an innocent result.

Tom/Cass:
All I can get from Tom before Cass replaced him is that he voted Wumbo for his reactions to his inactivity. When Cass replaced, she unvoted Wumbo but still has a case on him. Tries to prevent chenhsi from claiming and tells him to claim doc if he does, then defends it as her getting annoyed at chenhsi. OK, Cass, what the hell!?

This is the first mention of a scum roleblocker that we have—Cass claims Dark wingstalker hinted at it. (I got roleblocked twice, so the only way they can't is if I'm scum and lied about the blocks.)

Questions both my self-vote and Battousai's assuredness that I'm scum. I'm debating if this is fence sitting, but I am aware that neither action makes sense to her. I think she is the first person to guess, however, that Battousai is either naïve or scum (said insane, but corrected herself). We now know that if she is incorrect, then Wumbo is scum.

Votes Wumbo based on logic, which is starting to give me second thoughts.

geraintm:
Shoots down Dark wingstalker's "Mafia never hammer" comment, and if I remember correctly I helped do this too. Presents a good case on me, then develops my case even more. What stands out in the second such post is that he attacks me for reserving the hammer yet being hesitant to vote Inspector Godot, which he interprets as my temptation to bus him, but he has some other good points there too, notably his thoughts on the cop sanity distribution. The only thing I don't like is his questioning why Litral wasn't cleared at that point (I tracked him, he didn't send a night action N3, and he confirmed this; thus he was cleared unless there were two scum left, which is unlikely).

StrangerCoug:
Oh come the hell on. Don't be lazy! Review me yourself :P

Wumbo:
Not a lot Day 1 besides on Dark wingstalker and chenhsi. I don't like the first paragraph of this post, presenting a case yet acknowledging that he himself would most likely be the lynch. This, along the same lines pessimism-wise, is another thing setting me off. Like me, he's fighting back from wanting to be dead, but he seems to be doing this arbitrarily. I wanted to be dead because I didn't want to suffer the consequences of what I misinterpreted as a counterclaim, but if I want discussion to continue I have to put that behind me. Wumbo doesn't really seem to be doing so.

My LoS runs Cass, Wumbo, Battousai, and geraintm in order starting with who I think is the scummiest. I think Cass is the best play today, largely because of her later Day 1 actions, but Wumbo's another possibility depending on what comes up.

Vote: Cass
FoS: Wumbo
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm:
Shoots down Dark wingstalker's "Mafia never hammer" comment, and if I remember correctly I helped do this too. Presents a good case on me, then develops my case even more. What stands out in the second such post is that he attacks me for reserving the hammer yet being hesitant to vote Inspector Godot, which he interprets as my temptation to bus him, but he has some other good points there too, notably his thoughts on the cop sanity distribution. The only thing I don't like is his questioning why Litral wasn't cleared at that point (I tracked him, he didn't send a night action N3, and he confirmed this; thus he was cleared unless there were two scum left, which is unlikely).
wanted to make sure that you realised i wasnt questioning why litral was cleared, i knew he had been but i couldnt remember why and wanted someone to point it out for me
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sorry about that.

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 am

Post by geraintm »

i have my thoughts on what i would liek to do today, but def want to see cass' reaction first
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Cass »

My reaction? I think lynching me would be a bad thing, obviously. It would put the two surviving townies in a nasty LyLo situation.

I think Battousai is real. I think Stranger and Wumbo are most likely to be the last scum. Wumbo because a) he is scummy, b) on the off chance Batt is sane, by process of elimination.

Stranger: I have been thinking, and contrary to my first reaction, his claim
does
make sense if he is the scum roleblocker.
- Tracker is a common claim for scum.
- Putting the idea in our heads that the roleblocker is town kind of fits with this theory.
- Night one he checked Max - this was an easy claim, as Max' target was known.
- Night two he got blocked - the easiest claim. As in this scenario he is scum and knows who really got blocked, there is no risk to saying this. He probably blocked someone that night who is dead by now. Or he is just a goon and knows there isn't a roleblocker.
- Night three he checked Litral = night three he
blocked
Litral. At first I thought naming litral was risky for him, but if he blocked him, there's zero risk. Unless, of course, there is a town tracker - and that's why he panicked about a possible counterclaim.

- rereading, his posts last day look very scummy.

Fos: StrangerCoug

I don't feel ready to vote yet, I'd rather see his defense and/or have you guys try to shoot my hypotheses down first.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

You've got to prove why it'd be a bad idea to lynch you better than that, Cass.

As for your thoughts on me being scum, most of it makes sense to me except what you say was my night 3 action. You say I blocked Litral so I can safely say I checked him, when doing so would actually not be safe as scum roleblocker. Note that both times I got roleblocked (nights 2 and 4), I named my intended target (you and Wumbo respectively). If I blocked Litral night 3 and he ended up being a power role, he could still counter me despite my having done so.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Battousai »

I haven't had time to reread some people yet (other games and college taking priority right now). I will post my opinions on everybody sometime later today (game day)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, cass has posted and i said i would make my thoughts
i am kind aof the opinion that today it would be a good idea to test one of the claimed power roles. both of them are such that they have been given easy rides so far and have not been adequatly checked (because we can't) but they are the type of claim that a scum could get away with and i dont think we can just let them both go right to the end of the game.
i am leaning more towards one than the other, but woul dlike to know what the others think about possibly lynching one of the two.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Cass »

StrangerCoug wrote:You've got to prove why it'd be a bad idea to lynch you better than that, Cass.

As for your thoughts on me being scum, most of it makes sense to me except what you say was my night 3 action. You say I blocked Litral so I can safely say I checked him, when doing so would actually not be safe as scum roleblocker. Note that both times I got roleblocked (nights 2 and 4), I named my intended target (you and Wumbo respectively). If I blocked Litral night 3 and he ended up being a power role, he could still counter me despite my having done so.
Please explain - because I don't see how he could have. If you block him, you claim the result 'he didn't go anywhere', and that's the truth. So there's no risk in claiming it. The only risk is that a town tracker has tracked you to the nightkill. And that's why you thought a tracker-counterclaim was so very bad.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cass wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:You've got to prove why it'd be a bad idea to lynch you better than that, Cass.

Please explain - because I don't see how he could have. If you block him, you claim the result 'he didn't go anywhere', and that's the truth. So there's no risk in claiming it. The only risk is that a town tracker has tracked you to the nightkill. And that's why you thought a tracker-counterclaim was so very bad.
If Litral were the doctor and I blocked him, the mod would not have told him the latter. If he caught me in a lie that way, game over. If Litral were an investigative role and I blocked him, he would have been informed that he was blocked. Power roles don't forget who they targeted, even if blocked. If I'm cought in a lie that way, game over.

Now mind you, I have a class to go to.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Battousai »

'bout to start a reread, but in answer to Geraintm's proposal, I think we would gain more info from a SC lynch than my own (since I'm naive, I'm basically a vanilla townie). If SC is telling the truth, then we know for a fact there is a mafia roleblocker. We can then go back to the days SC said he was blocked and see who would target SC, if it wasn't random.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by geraintm »

batt, if we find out there is a roleblocker, what good would that do as you would be the only person left to roleblock and you are as useless as well, something really useless.
we could lycnh you and that way confirm you and wumbo at the same time

wumbo, you really need to be involved more than this. perk up. i might just vote for you on principal

and i am away after tomorrow on hliday and wont be back for a week to warn everyone
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by Cass »

geraintm wrote:batt, if we find out there is a roleblocker, what good would that do as you would be the only person left to roleblock and you are as useless as well, something really useless.
we could lycnh you and that way confirm you and wumbo at the same time
How does this work? I don't see how lynching Batt could confirm Wumbo. Lynching Wumbo, on the other hand, would confirm whether Batt is sane.

And why exactly are we sure that Wumbo is town and Batt is naive? Seems to me that Wumbo could still be scum.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by geraintm »

if we lynched batt and got thathe was sane, then wumbo would be guilty
but realised since i wrote my post that mod is not giving us sanities on cops so lynching batt doesnt do anything
which is why i was always leanigntowards cougar as being the best target
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cass wrote:And why exactly are we sure that Wumbo is town and Batt is naive? Seems to me that Wumbo could still be scum.
That's a good question. I do have my suspicions about Wumbo. In fact, where is he?

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Battousai »

Geraintm, the info from knowing there was a roleblocker means we can look in past pages and see who would roleblock SC if it wasn't random.

I don't know why Geraintm does, but I'm pretty sure that Wumbo isn't. The only case against him is lurking. Whereas there are other things by DWS that points to him being town.

Cass:

Post 1: Defends DWS, but with a line that could be used later to credit a bus if needed

Post 4: Tells Chenshi to fake claim. If Chenshi had fake claimed, the town probably wouldn't have taken it seriously, resulting in his lynch.

Post 7: Says Wumbo is town. What made you change your mind from thinking he might be scum from post 1 to post 7? What made you change your mind from post 7 to yesterday and today?

That's my reread of Cass so far, more to come. I just had to post his next little info before I forget it.

Roles in the game (confirmed)
2 cops, forensic investigator, 2 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon

Roles in the game (unconfirmed)
Battousai: Cop
StrangerCoug: Tracker
Wumbo: Vanilla townie
Cass: Vanilla townie
Geraintm: Vanilla townie

Now here are all the possible setups for the game

If Battousai is lieing: 2 cops of different sanities (one insane), forensic investigator, tracker, 5 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon, mafia roleblocker

If SC is lieing: 3 cops of different sanitities, forensic investigator, 5 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, (mafia goon, mafia roleblocker) OR 2 mafia goons

If anyone else is lieing: 3 cops of different sanitites, forensic investigator, tracker, 4 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon, mafia roleblocker

The forensic investigator is a very powerful role, so I think either the mafia really has to be beefed up or the town weakened, so I really think the third setup is least likely. That leaves myself or SC as scum. I think if I'm lieing the town is still too powerful for the mafia. Two differing cops can work out their sanities and can be proven with a tracker role. Plus the tracker has nothing to make it weaker (if someone goes to someone else's house and that house owner dies, there's scum unless two people went then one of them is scum the other a cop). If SC is lieing, I see it to be the most balanced. The three differing sanities really confuse and discredit all cop claims a bit (3 is rare occurance in a mini), which hamper the town while the forensic investigator always gets guilties, thus bringing it back up to make the game more balanced.

That's my take on it all for right now. Gotta get back to homework.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Cass wrote:And why exactly are we sure that Wumbo is town and Batt is naive? Seems to me that Wumbo could still be scum.
That's a good question. I do have my suspicions about Wumbo. In fact, where is he?
this is a cheap point, you have had suspicions about everyone in the game, this post of yours just feels like you jumping on something someone else has said

Batt, going to have to try and reread your post and make sense of it
i don't normally like trying to metagame, usually doesnt work, might add somethign here though.
need wumbo here
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Wumbo »

thought i posted v/la due to college, my posting ability will come back after this weekend due to fraternity rush being over.
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Bump. C'mon guys, someone needs to swing if we want to win today.

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Cass »

Right now, if I had to choose, I'd prefer the SC lynch, Wumbo is a close second. My gut says Batt is town, and I have a null-read on geraintm. Battousai alos prefers to lynch SC, if i understand him correctly.

Wumbo, Geraint, SC, who would you lynch if it was deadline right now?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cass wrote:Wumbo, Geraint, SC, who would you lynch if it was deadline right now?
You or Wumbo.

Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Hypatia »

I am glad discussion has picked up. I want y'all to know that I have been following this game, but as there have been no votecounts, there is no visual reminder of my presence here.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Battousai »

I was in the middle of a cass reread when I posted that, so I don't know who I want to be lynched. It's between Cass and SC if I narrow it down right now. I have an exam coming up and that is why I haven't been posting as much, but I have been taking notes of cass while studying and the rest of my reread of cass should be up by either tonight or tomorrow.

The reason I want an SC lynch without officially rereading all the posts, is just for game balance. I highly, highly doubt that there are 3 cops, a tracker, and a forensic investigator vs godfather and roleblocker (minus vanilla townie/goon). I think the town would be way overpowered, even with 3 different sanity cops.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Cass »

Well, after thinking things over for a bit, I've decided to just go ahead and

Vote: StrangerCoug

There's plenty of scumtells from him, his claim doesn't quite seem to fit in with the other roles in the game - and it's quite possible there is no roleblocker at all (after all, there's no doc either).
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Battousai »

Cass continued:

post 20: First mentions different sanities, discrediting the ability of the town to keep them alive to test it

post 21: Goes after the claimed cop instead of his result. Already explained how bad a play that was.

post 26: quotes SC and agrees that Max is scummy for worrying about his sanity than voting (Max knew there was another cop, thus Max probably wasn't sure about his sanity because of that)

Since this isn't the hammer vote, I feel confident in voting SC, so
VOTE: SC
. Your claim doesn't add up, as it makes the town way too overpowered. Plus the whole roleblock scenerio where the scum roleblock you but don't the next night even though they successfully kill a powerrole is fishy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”