Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Momrangal »

VOTE: trendall
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Trendall »

I'm town go away
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 322, Trendall wrote:
In post 299, Lunar Martian wrote:I think this page says either Gamma or Luca is Mafia.
I agree with this post and happy to get either of those players.
In post 323, Trendall wrote:Actually not Luca necessarily, it's more that I'm happy to eliminate Gamma.
Okay. Would you like to say why?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Trendall »

Not particularly. Post #312 is the main reason but also just general vibes.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

idk what's wrong with post 312 but w/e
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Trendall »

Well I mean I can tell you if you like but I'm going to have to go back and like, find stuff from past games to illustrate what it is I'm talking about, so I may or may not get around to doing that, I don't know.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Has my vote landed on scum yet?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Trendall »

Sry I'm trying to do like three things at once so haven't bothered to format this properly but check these two links for like, what I'm talking about here -

viewtopic.php?p=12230155#p12230155

viewtopic.php?p=12298023#p12298023

That's me in other games identifying some mafia people
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay, so you think I already knew what was up there? I can say for certain I didn't. My question also feels like it was of a different caliber than the ones you cited there.
<Embrace The Void>

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 312, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 310, Momrangal wrote:I'm also most definitely not giving this game the energy it deserves
Is this for irl reasons or something else?
What would the 'something else' possibly be though?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

She could have been demotivated for some reason (which was the truth), or just kinda lurky inadvertently
<Embrace The Void>

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Trendall »

Well I was just thinking about it and it's more questions which are kinda constructed in the following way -
"Why did you do this, is it for the
obvious reason that it obviously is
, or is there some other reason?
Just I've seen that twice previously now and picked up on it and both times it came from mafia.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Trendall »

And it's like you are correct that like it could have been that nothing is going on and they just realised they hadn't posted much or whatever, so I can think about that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Trendall is scum.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by bugspray »

Trendall can you make posts that are easier to parse? I'm getting the vibe of someone who is heading for the chopping block from you and the amount of pressure on your slot is like really low
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by bugspray »

I read one of Amélie's posts and just sort of found it concerning at face value but it reads a lot like newb!town
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 303, Amélie wrote:
In post 241, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm not sold on Amelie but for the townblock...

VOTE: bugspray
disliking this more and more.

I am about to answer all of Luca blight's question but their focus on me is unnatural putting them into my scum reads..
How is it unnatural? You’re one of my biggest SR’s so of course I’m going to focus on you more.
In post 243, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 227, Amélie wrote:
In post 104, Gamma Emerald wrote:Interesting that frog is there too for you but okay. I personally think it’s great.
I think I can townread this even if only a little bit. This was something that stuck out to me.
I'm not really sure what you're townreading here, can you explain it a little more?
I had the same thought process. I tend to think similar thought processes are my alignment. There's certain thoughts that I think can't be faked when they aren't saying it for people to agree but rather just because they think it..
You haven’t really had the same thought process, though, as you SR NPOM whereas Gamma TR’s them and wants to townbloc with them, while you are against the townbloc. Gamma has simply noticed a pretty obvious detail (that NPOM was arguing against Frogster but wanted them in the townbloc) and you’ve used that to flip your read, which doesn’t seem like a very genuine progression.
In post 244, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 235, Amélie wrote:
Can I see the Trendall read as well?
I'm not sure what you mean; I gave my (albeit limited) read on Trendall in that post.
Remind me what the read was? Townread or scumread?
At the time of writing Trendall was null-Town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 336, Trendall wrote:Well I was just thinking about it and it's more questions which are kinda constructed in the following way -
"Why did you do this, is it for the
obvious reason that it obviously is
, or is there some other reason?
Just I've seen that twice previously now and picked up on it and both times it came from mafia.
In post 337, Trendall wrote:And it's like you are correct that like it could have been that nothing is going on and they just realised they hadn't posted much or whatever, so I can think about that.
Fwiw I think you might be town for that, because while the act itself isn’t AI on a general level I think for a newer player like you, trying to use a self-made tell like this is a town-tell.
<Embrace The Void>

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 245, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 233, Amélie wrote:
In post 146, OutWorldER wrote:trying to form a town bloc this early when most reads are made purely on gut and most posters aren't even in the double digits in terms of post count is uh

pretty terrible and i'm very wary of the people pushing it because it could very easily be scum trying to form early pockets so they have direct or indirect control of the game.

Grendel saying "I'd probably be unhappy with a town core" in but then going off and asking for TR's in especially strikes me so:

VOTE: Grendel
I like the grendel vote.
Add OutWorldER and Galron to my town reads.
In post 234, Amélie wrote:
In post 152, OutWorldER wrote:i generally think town blocs are an EoD/mid-late game thing and I don't like to people attempting to form them super early in the day because it leaves a lot of room for error and when done wrong it gives scum good ability to warlock the game

it's part of why I generally don't form a lot of TR's early in the game

regardless I did misread Grendel there so

UNVOTE:

mostly just biding my time at the moment, don't have a super good place to park my vote.
remove townread. you did misread. I liked the vote. didn't check the logic.

You'd automatically hand out a TR to someone who votes your scumread without even checking their reasoning?

I could maybe understand this in a scenario where you have a very strong reason to believe someone is scum, but this doesn't seem to be the case at all with your Grendel SR.
You're telling me it's a bad strategy. Ok but so?
I'm pretty new to mafia with 1 game here and 2 games elsewhere.
In post 246, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 228, Amélie wrote:
In post 122, Grendel wrote:Trendell looking bad. All posts are about RQS, or are not game related.

Looks like snugg scum sliding by in the early game
In post 123, Grendel wrote:Mongeral, Luca, and Ameile aslo fall into the same boat of sliding through early game as Trendal. Thier only content being about RQS. They obviously cant all be scum, but i would be surprized if it contained nothing but town.

-/-/-/-

Galroen looks ok, he can be town.

Lunar Martian is non-ai RVS and nothing else.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 106, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I always get confused between Galron and Grendel
We both joined this game just to confuse you with our similar sounding names. It was allllll part of the plan!
I personally hate this. It feels to me like you're sorting based on post count whereas that is definitely not how this game works.

Prioritizing the players with little content early-on isn't a bad strategy, and certainly isn't a reason for a strong scumread which Amélie is portraying herself to have.
Dont misrep me. My scum read is not based on that but rather that I think grendall is informed and their tone and the way they approach things doesn't feel right.
I’m not questioning your strategy, I’m questioning whether you’re forming reads in a natural way. Everyone has different styles and you are newer so it might just be how you do things, but it struck me as odd.

I didn’t misrep you? I literally went by what you said in that post.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@gamma*

Isnt Trendel an older player then us? Wheres this stuff about them being newer coming from?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 304, Amélie wrote:
In post 253, Luca Blight wrote:Possibly, as I did catch them as scum in a previous game almost entirely based on their meta being so different to their town game.

I took a break from Mafia of about 7/8 months, however, so it's possible they could have improved their scum game in that time or generally changed their meta so we'll see.
I'd like to mention that one of the few times Luca is not talking about only me, it's because his scum buddy(I'm assuming Grendall is his scum buddy) is asking him questions about someone else.
Now this actually is a misrep.

Not only are your exaggerating how much I’m talking about you (as though it’s wrong to focus on your SR anyway) but it was me who initiated that conversation.

And why would you assume I’m scum with Grendel? Based on what exactly?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 344, Grendel wrote:*@gamma*

Isnt Trendel an older player then us? Wheres this stuff about them being newer coming from?
Oh. The mention of 2 newbie games and having never played with them before confused me.
<Embrace The Void>

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 305, Amélie wrote:
In post 282, bugspray wrote:grendel is town as fuck
like is just so reasonable
he does some questioning with a pagetop that's worded in such an effective way. he asks questions that would cearly provoke different asnwers from town or scum and his paranoia is super healthy

also implies that they are definitely neighbors or maybe masons. i don't think scum would make the kind of associative posts they are

apparently i thought grendel looked really town on page 7

amelie is scummy

i think galron's posting is towning especailly

VOTE: amelie
This is extremely weak.
In post 293, Luca Blight wrote:My gut is telling me this is scum!Bugs.

I’ll reflect on it a little more.
The second time Luca comes in again not talking about me is when there are people already saying bugs is scum.
I think I can confidently say Luca is scum and bugspray is town.
I have no other way to read bugspray because they just look extremely scummy in everything they say.
So Bugs’ post was ‘extremely weak’, but because others have suspected Bugs before I SR them, I must be scum and they must be Town?

You’re entirely ignoring the reasoning I gave, which Bugs themselves haven’t even denied. Not only that, but others have suspected you before Bugs SR you, so how does the same not apply to them? In terms of timing, I live in a different time zone to everyone on here atm so I’m just about never on when others are, that’s just the way it is.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Bugs

I feel more confident about this atm. I really dislike Amélie‘s reads and the way she formulates them, but it could be a clash of play styles more than anything. She reminds me of the kind of player I’d tunnel and end up mislynching in the past.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 340, bugspray wrote:I read one of Amélie's posts and just sort of found it concerning at face value but it reads a lot like newb!town
Which post were you referring to?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”