armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by armlx »

Cass, nice false dichotomy on Dynamo/me there.

CK, I thought I had answered your question. Unreasonibility isn't the strongest scum tell, and I felt the EA case was more worthwhile. Dynamo I have explained already and should have been my first vote.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by earthworm »

Cyberbob wrote:what what

Dynamo is definitely scummy. Sineish's point that he engaged in fishing as well as Animorph is ringing true in my mind...

The only difference between the two in my mind is that Animorph has been far less active and Dynamo has been far jumpier with his votes. It's a tough call to make... nah, I think I'll stick with Animorph. Sineish's reaction to my vote was
most
interesting particularly given the amount of misrepresentation he had to engage in to be able to come up with a reason to try and cast suspicion on me. If Animorph ends up dying and cardflips scum I will definitely be taking a careful look at Sineish.

However, if it comes down to a choice between Dynamo and No Lynch (what with the deadline) I would be willing to switch to Dynamo. A slightly-worse-but-still-decent-lynch (or indeed, any lynch at all) is better than No Lynch.
I'd much rather see a lynch of Dynamo than animorph. Dynamo has very little excuse for all the thing's he's done, whereas animorph's mistakes can be put down to noobness, if his replacement starts acting suspicious he'll be one of the first ones on my list, but until then, I think Dynamo's the better choice. Also, I think we'll have more content tomorrow if we lynch Dynamo, because many of the posts made about animorph were complaining about his lurking, or saying why his posts made no sense, compared to Dynamo, who many people have given more complex opinions on.

Also, do you realise that Sineish is animorph's replacement?

Anyway:
Vote: DynamoXI
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava (502) If someone wants to defend someone else is it not always a scum tell, minor or not. If I post something and you interpret it differently then someone else while being wrong someone else might defend me to explain that you did not read my post correctly. That would not make that person scum just because they pointed that out.

DynamoXI role fishing does seem to be pushing more then I have normaly seen. Though town could do the same thing, curiosity can get the best of anyone. I think he is the best lynch right now. The attention he has brought on himself has never been in a good light. Post 719 from cow says it all.
Vote Dynamo
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, I'll have my say on this DynamoXI guy: He's awfully eager to get in this treaty thing, he doubts my unusual-to-most-people-here experience of Mafia elsewhere (it's on my damn Wiki page, for crying out loud!), he claims not to vote until there's a strong case and then votes Erratos Apathos seemingly without thinking twice, he appears to be appealing to emotion, and simply doesn't care about defending himself. I'm happy to go along with the bandwagon here, but I still wish I had better cases on more people at this point.

Unvote: armlx
Vote: DynamoXI
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Netlava »

I'm getting a newb feel from dynamo's posts that seems geniune enough. The main thing I don't like is how he gave up on defending himself. The rest, I think, can be explained well enough.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Cass »

armlx wrote:Cass, nice false dichotomy on Dynamo/me there.
I just said that you two are my top two supects. How is that a false dichotomy?
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Cass »

Netlava wrote:I'm getting a newb feel from dynamo's posts that seems geniune enough. The main thing I don't like is how he gave up on defending himself. The rest, I think, can be explained well enough.
But is there anything that makes you think newb town, rather than newb scum? Because I agree with the newb feel, but I don't see anything pro-town in his posts.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Lowell »

Um, pretty sure I did this in my last post, but I guess it didn't take.

unvote, vote dynamo
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Korts »

BM wrote:'m not even sure if i'm voting for you. Assuming i'm not, i think you're OMGUSing shadows again. If i am, i guess you'll have to learn to live with the fact that this is a Mafia game, and if i think you're scum, i'm gonna try and lynch you- friend or otherwise.
Heh, you seem to think I'm taking this personally. No, I meant I'm not liking you especially game-wise.
BM wrote:Aww, didums. :P
*kuddles Korts*
Hehheh. Appeal to emotion noted :P
BM wrote:
Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
armlx wrote:BM, the FOS tell is dying out, but similar non-committing tells still exist.
why are you not voting for Korts?

BM
On what grounds should he? The quoted sentence doesn't accuse me in any way.
Jesus....do you ever stop and think 'is there really any need to get wound up about this?' 0.o

He said non-committing tells existed. I wanted to know what he thought of you, given that that was my view of your approach to this game. Understand? :Roll:

BM
Your question was pretty much a loaded one. If you're interested in someone's opinion of a person, your first question, in my irrelevant opinion, shouldn't be "why aren't you voting him/her?" However you're rolling your eyes, you're still wrong, haha :D
DynamoXI wrote:
Cass wrote:
Buddying up to BM. His other two posts day one are more buddying and /treaty. If scum was going to join the pact, I think this is how they would do it.
Absolutly agree with you.
This is not a defense. Please try again.
scumchat never die
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Netlava »

Well, it would be great if Dynamo could defend himself *hint, hint*. Dynamo, who do you think is scummy?
DynamoXI
DynamoXI
Townie
DynamoXI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 am

Post by DynamoXI »

Lol who said I was making a defense? :p

4 more votes till im locked in to lynch or does my math suck?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Korts »

DynamoXI wrote:
I was hoping you'd catch my drift and try to, you know, address the points made against you further than "I know I'm scummy". A shrug isn't a defense.
scumchat never die
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

This wagon will inevitably go to a claim as well it probably should.

Vote: Dynamo

I'm a helper.

SC's 753 is weird.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Fourteen of Day One

(11) DynamoXI: armlx, Battle Mage, hasdgfas, markfg, Korts, Cass, earthworm, raider8169, StrangerCoug, Lowell, Cephrir
(4) Cass: Netlava, Veronica13, OpposedForce, Sineish
(2) armlx: Erratus Apathos, nhat
(1) StrangerCoug: Snaps_The_Pirate
(1) Untitled: JohnQPublic0
(1) animorpherv1: Cyberbob
(1) Cephrir: Untitled

(5) Not Voting: cris150, maxwellhouse, Citizen Karne, MafiaMann, DynamoXI

With 26 alive, it takes 14 votes to lynch!

Last Post Count Fourteen of Day One

Key:
Green - posted in last 24 hours
Blue - posted in last 48 hours
Olive - Posted in last 72 hours
Red - Posted more than 72 hours ago, prodded
Dark Red - Requiring Replacement
Dark Blue - Vacation/Limited Access

Citizen Karne

armlx

earthworm

raider8169

StrangerCoug

Netlava

Cass

Lowell

Korts

DynamoXI

Cephrir

hasdgfas

MafiaMann

Erratus Apathos

Cyberbob

Sineish

markfg

Battle Mage

Untitled

nhat

JohnQPublic0

Veronica13

OpposedForce

cris150

maxwellhouse

Snaps_The_Pirate

prodding nhat.
Cream147 is replacing maxwellhouse.
A
deadline
is set for
September 19th, 2008
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

DynamoXI, claim or die.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Im not comfortable with dynamo getting many more votes before he claims so please slow down a bit.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Sineish »

For the record:
earthworm wrote:Also, do you realise that Sineish is animorph's replacement?
Cyberbob wrote:Sineish's reaction to my vote was most interesting particularly given the amount of misrepresentation he had to engage in to be able to come up with a reason to try and cast suspicion on me.
I accused you of misrepresentation, specifically for calling animorpherv1's actions rolefishing. I'll admit though that I'm much happier to agree with your later description of the event as "akin to a softclaim".
Citizen Karne wrote:Why would voting based on someone else's reasoning be a scumtell? Surely others can make good points.
They can, but sometimes those points can have a flaw in their logic that is only found out later. Scum who vote for another player based on this logic can easily turn round and point the finger at the person who made the original point when an innocent is lynched or the flaw is found. As getting an innocent player lynched is beneficial to them, this can be a good excuse for them to use to quickly form a bandwagon.

Because simply jumping in on a bandwagon following solely another player's logic has so often been picked up as a scum tell, a small amount of original opinion is often added to the reason for voting. In the case of Cyberbob, it was because I thought that this additional opinion was misrepresenting Animorpherv1's actions (calling them rolefishing, rather than softclaiming) that I was suspicious of him.

I'm now hoping to see what DynamoXI has to say. As he is at Lynch -3, I'm not going to vote for him yet, but would agree that as he hasn't defended himself and doesn't look like he's going to, then a claim from him is probably his only hope.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by nhat »

DynamoXI wrote:

4 more votes till im locked in to lynch or does my math suck?
Yeah, it seems like you have just given up. You could try to at least defend yourself so as to give us more to work with in the coming days. People are begging you to contribute something to the mix, and somehow you feel that you don't need to defend yourself? I don't see this as pro-town at all.

unvote
Vote - DynamoXI
DynamoXI
DynamoXI
Townie
DynamoXI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by DynamoXI »

StrangerCoug wrote:DynamoXI, claim or die.
My claim: Swiss Townie. And Ill be eating this swiss cheese till I die just like I said on page one.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 am

Post by Cream147 »

Hello people. Will read game over the next day. Hopefully my predecessor has been a good boy so far this game!
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Cream147 »

God, all this conversation about the treaty/pact/whatever...it's rather cool if I say so myself! I hope it's still going now, it just makes the game a little bit different. (I like posting while I'm reading, sorry if this results in horribly outdated posts, or double/triple/quadruple posts.)
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Cream147 wrote:God, all this conversation about the treaty/pact/whatever...it's rather cool if I say so myself! I hope it's still going now, it just makes the game a little bit different. (I like posting while I'm reading, sorry if this results in horribly outdated posts, or double/triple/quadruple posts.)
Its not going on anymore people disected the pact so much it became utterly useless to the town and was disbanded.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Netlava »

L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Cream147 »

MafiaMann wrote:
Cream147 wrote:God, all this conversation about the treaty/pact/whatever...it's rather cool if I say so myself! I hope it's still going now, it just makes the game a little bit different. (I like posting while I'm reading, sorry if this results in horribly outdated posts, or double/triple/quadruple posts.)
Its not going on anymore people disected the pact so much it became utterly useless to the town and was disbanded.
OMG SPOILERS!

On a serious note, I'm actually getting fed up of reading about the pact now, so yes, it was definitely overly discussed.
[u]Apologies[/u]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by armlx »

I just said that you two are my top two supects. How is that a false dichotomy?
You said one of us 2 was scum. Not that you believe we were the two scummiest people. Big difference.

Townie claim = irrel, more hammer plz.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”