Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6325 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Bell »

To FF, I've always been spiky in my opinion and I think that's relatively self-evident. I don't really think there's a single game where I haven't gotten into a tussle as either alignment really. Well, I can think of one. The music game. No, even there I got into a bad interaction with Ydrasse.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Gypyx »

could you like give an example of these small points at least? i think that's it's probably you not vibing with my playstyle though

also ouch my ego, didn't know i sucked that hard lol

pedit : well then, wouldn't you want dunn to be roomed so that he could change his mind in a one-on-one conv?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Bell »

Okay,
So you mentioned that the IC could have been Macho right?
But when the IC died that attribute would have been shown. You either chose not to check or felt it would be a good idea not to check or you just couldn't be bothered to check (which is fine, I do the last one all the time and while it annoys other people, it never annoys me when I'm the lazy one!)

Likewise, your speculation that Muffin would have changed his mind on meta and that's why he was killed doesn't make sense, seems self-serving and doesn't truly engage it appears narrow minded.

You only suck that hard if you're scum this game tho.
And even then, you're what Toogooloo would describe as the scum that everyone knew was scum but somehow never got eliminated anyway.
And it's not like *I* can talk about having a horrible scum game I live in a glass dog house in that respect.

Uh, play style could certainly be a thing. But I felt you were fine in Boonie toons comparatively.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

The reasoning for me going to the purple room is:

LLd wants me there
LLd will presumably claim their role to me there

I can relay communication between the hood and purple room if needed, or not

I don't think this is unreasonable, I don't see how these other hoods would help us, no offense
In post 6289, Annie Edison wrote:
In post 7713, Spiffeh wrote:notty one of my biggest problems with you rn is that you were at Cabd's beck and call yesterday but today you've seemingly done a 180 on them without making much noise about it

I think paranoia on their slot is reasonable given the game state but the way you are subtly suggesting them as a scum candidate without really committing looks more like an attempt to discredit their read on you than genuine concern about their alignment

If town!notty thinks scum!Cabd is controlling the game I expect him to be a lot louder about it and hard engage about the issues he's noticing and from what I've read you're just tiptoeing around it and possibly laying the groundwork for a future push

Can you give an update on your Dandelion read?
I’m in this weird state where I both want to trust deacon but purge Cabd with fire. I don’t discount he might look just like Xeno, but with the gamestate as it is, with this core, we’re just so off base there HAS to be scum in the bloc. And I’m trying to work with deacon as they still are my strongest townread, and they’ve asked me to pump the brakes on it.

But no. Especially given the information on how his role works, I would very easily believe it’s a scum role. He chose to communicate with imperium and deacon, yes, but as I’ve said already I still firmly believe that Cabd would LOVE the opportunity to snow them and the continued opportunity to snow them via Dunn’s neighborhood. Wrt Dunn I’ve hated his pushes on bell and me but feel like he’s in an echo chamber so it’s understandable. I don’t think he’s scum for the pushes but they just don’t feel kosher?

I know deacon said bell was fanning my paranoia regarding the interaction but I don’t think scum bell would KNOW to fan my paranoia without being coached on that regarding them? And I still struggle to see scum in his day one play. I can maybe see the argument about his AtE and willingly sowing discord but I don’t feel like that even became a thing until the push on him, and I had the same reaction without him even being able to have any bearing on my alignment.

I even had those suspicions about you and super bowls swap that now skitter, who I’ve been toe to toe with all game, is echoing. It’s just all sorts of fucking weird.

I know you want a full case but I don’t have the time for it right now. It’s going off of my read of the gamestate
I'm capable of thinking for myself
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Bell »

i'm not sure how experienced you are at mafia and what is shown on a flip and whether you would even know to check or not.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I also happen to think Dandelion Wine is very likely town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Bell »

What do you think of Spiffeh Dunnstrall/Gyphx.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Annie who else could I neighborize that would lead you to believe that Dandelion Wine is town, if they look at their neighborhood posts and see them as town?

This isn't exactly an offer, more of a question. Deacon and I see it right now. Would it help if I turnstiled and neighbored you? (theoretically. that's probably not actually a good idea)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6331, Bell wrote:What do you think of Spiffeh Dunnstrall/Gyphx.
Leaning town but I'm not the best at reading them.

I remember liking some of their posts and disliking some of their posts.

Oh yeah, they posted a reads list in the inverse thread and I remembered thinking that was close to where my head was at, so I liked that and didn't want to elim them this day
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Skitter your purple room stuff and talking about Dandelion Wine's role stuff both look really scummy
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:58 am

Post by Bell »

I also think you're being fairly mercurial, that you might have soft crumbed a PR in your first post/vote or that was some kind of in-joke to shelly (if it was please share what the in joke was or meant).
I don't particularly understand your approach to me, you ask questions say I make sense when I respond, ask some more questions say it makes sense.
Ask what everyone else is thinking in regards to my slot but never really take a stance that isn't fluid yourself.

From my standpoint you're pretty much the deciding vote as to whether I actually live today.
because Brian, dunnstrall, SB9 have roughly speaking lined themselves up trejectory wise, SB9 can simply make a lol idrc vote whenever.
You seem extraordinarily passive in some ways (the polite scum point) but proactively post in other ways which I can't neatly coincide. You just don't really push, maybe that's playstyle.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Bell »

In post 6333, Dunnstral wrote:

Oh yeah, they posted a reads list in the inverse thread and I remembered thinking that was close to where my head was at, so I liked that and didn't want to elim them this day
This is vague.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Dunnstral »

No no

If the other side is going to elim Skitter, then I'm probably not voting Bell

Because it was an either/or thing for me, and it doesn't make sense to get both at once
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Bell »

I don't really think that Spiffeh goes outside the crust on a sandwich with his reads.
Just based off of Flavor leaf game and xeno where his reads were conformist.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6336, Bell wrote:
In post 6333, Dunnstral wrote:

This is vague.
They only posted a reads list once, to my knowledge. I'm just giving this off the top of my head.

It was this post:
In post 6389, Spiffeh wrote:Ftr my reads in the Forwards thread I expressed in the Purple Room

{Dunnstral, Brian Skies}
{Gypyx}
{Bell, Annie Edison, Hench Princesses}
{zMuffinMan}

Muffin flipping scum means I'm practically certain there is scum in Bell, Annie, HP
This was back when I was just getting into Annie suspicion
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »

To me, the way he thought about the game made sense

This isn't a hard read, he could be scum. Again, I'm not going to be the best at reading him.

He's certainly not at the top of my "should die" list from the inverse thread right now, I wouldn't be happy if he were elimmed today.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6324, Bell wrote:I don't really want Dunnstrall to be purple roomed unless he changes his mind on my slot.
I don't think the game can be salvaged if Dunnstral keeps his reads where they are.
I don't see a connection between me being in the purple room and my read on you

Like, I'm looking at the whole game here, and it's not pre-flip with you.

If you're town, scum would be in gypyx, HP, Spiffeh, by my calculations

So that would make me want to kill Spiffeh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6308, Hench Princesses wrote:A lot of dunn's posting feels like tmi and if unwnd was scum, scumteam could have been worried unwnd/noraa interactions would spew noraa town if unwnd's slot ever went down. If skitter is scum she's been aggressively defending his slot for mostly unexplained/unexamined reasons. Then again he's confirmed not a strongman so poorer odds there. This has been my nightly dunn paranoia ramble, thank you for listening.
Who do you need in my neighborhood to believe I'm town?

Because I'm town in there
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 am

Post by Bell »

I'm arm-twisting/politicking for leverage because your read needs to change and passively letting you change your mind doesn't seem to be mattering.
Scum range, effort, analysis, call it what you want, I've exceeded them, but the scum reads aren't changing, are getting old and are aging poorly.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Bell »

I am simply low on patience and am getting frustrated.
I've literally never been miseliminated as town since I got back.
and I'd rather this not be the first game where that's happened.

For ease of reference, I have lost all 6 of my scum games since I got back. I am officially the worst scum player this year *probably*
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't have any other scumreads in this thread
So I'm not going to like what happens today
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I really don't think I'm voting Brian.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:18 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 6327, Bell wrote:Okay,
So you mentioned that the IC could have been Macho right?
But when the IC died that attribute would have been shown. You either chose not to check or felt it would be a good idea not to check or you just couldn't be bothered to check (which is fine, I do the last one all the time and while it annoys other people, it never annoys me when I'm the lazy one!)

Likewise, your speculation that Muffin would have changed his mind on meta and that's why he was killed doesn't make sense, seems self-serving and doesn't truly engage it appears narrow minded.

You only suck that hard if you're scum this game tho.
And even then, you're what Toogooloo would describe as the scum that everyone knew was scum but somehow never got eliminated anyway.
And it's not like *I* can talk about having a horrible scum game I live in a glass dog house in that respect.

Uh, play style could certainly be a thing. But I felt you were fine in Boonie toons comparatively.
well idk, protagonist seemed like a flavored role to me, like, non-normal, so it seemed logical that it could be more than an IC

like, i would've seen it as "welcome, you are the protagonist, you may at any point in the game reveal yourself as the leader of TENET, this will cause you to not be able to be protected from kills"

well, i'm trying to be as broad minded as i can but to me that's how this kill makes sense so idk... at least it got some discussion going

boonie was one of my better games so idk i'm pretty inconsistent, how do you feel about this one? : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84770

still would like to get an example of what's bad with me
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm of the opinion that there is at least 4 scum in the inverse thread

This isn't really controversial, there's more people in that thread anyway.

But there's, what, 10 people alive?

We need 6 people to get something down over there, it's kind of a precarious situation

I think we need to turnstile someone over there anyway
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

ok, ok.

I'm at the point where I want to eliminate someone from the inverse thread, in this thread.

That is, turnstile someone over here so we can eliminate them in this thread, and also eliminate someone from that thread in that thread

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”