MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Battle Mage wrote:just flicking through, i must hasten to add:

DON'T SELF-HAMMER. I STILL WANT TO READ THROUGH AND POST THOUGHTS TODAY. YOU NEVER KNOW, I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO SAVE YOUR ASS, IF YOU ARE TOWN.

Anyone hammering while we are in no real danger of deadline, and there is still more to be had out of the day, will earn my emnity.

BM
oooo BM emnity

Dynamo BM may have gotten you killed
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Cass »

Why? Do you think people will jump on this chance to get attacked by BM? Maybe it was a joke, but if so, I don't get it...
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cass wrote:Why? Do you think people will jump on this chance to get attacked by BM? Maybe it was a joke, but if so, I don't get it...
he's just being an idiot. Null tell. Sorry about my lack of reading today. Been a busy social day lol.
Tomorrow im off though, so i will look between now and then.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ugh, i just reread Dynamo and im really not sure. Half of me says that he fits the profile of frustrated townie perfectly, the other says that his laziness is scummy, because someone protown would jump at the chance to defend themselves, and that his attempt to kind of breadcrumb is a rather lazy attempt to make himself look good.

Frankly, I don't see how anyone can really CONDEMN his lynch, except for the fact that there are probably scummier people out there. Armlx feels a bit off to me, and Erratus Apathos seems like a good lynch regardless of Dynamo's affiliation.

for the purposes of clarity
Vote: EA
although at deadline, i will hammer Dynamo if nothing changes dramatically in the votes.

Also i just noticed, Pixa replaced Opposed Force. UNLUCKY! lol
To get you started, how about you read the posts of Dynamo in isolation (using the posts by player function) and tell us your thoughts on him?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Untitled
Untitled
Goon
Untitled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Untitled »

looking at the last couple of pages, I don't particularly think that dynamoxi is scum.

I'm surprised that cephrir's hypocrisy hasn't garnered more attention.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by nhat »

Strangercoug has a point about Netlava. He voted Dynamo, yet the three posts he made before the vote are interesting.

netlava wrote: I'm getting a newb feel from dynamo's posts that seems geniune enough. The main thing I don't like is how he gave up on defending himself. The rest, I think, can be explained well enough.
Genuine Newb feeling and subtle coaching

netlava wrote: Well, it would be great if Dynamo could defend himself *hint, hint*. Dynamo, who do you think is scummy?
Moves on to outright coaching

netlava wrote: L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)
He feels that Dynamo is probably town, decides to let the town sway his decision.

And then here's his vote post, in it's entirety:
netlava wrote: Unvote, vote: DynamoXI
So once he voted:

a) He gave zero reason to why he up and switched his vote.
b) He put Dynamo at L-1

I'm going to
unvote, vote - Netlava
. I'd be okay with either a Netlava or Dynamo lynch, but I think this is something worth looking at before the deadline. Otherwise, I'll put my vote back on Dynamo.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Untitled wrote:looking at the last couple of pages, I don't particularly think that dynamoxi is scum.

I think I know what you're referring to, and if you want to call that hypocrisy then go right ahead. It'd be a pretty lame argument though.

You say you're "surprised it hasn't garnered more attention". Yet there's no suspicion to go with it, not even an FoS. So, I can't quite tell if you actually find it scummy or not. Feel free to elaborate. FOr now it looks to me like you're pointing it out and hoping someone else will jump on it for you.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

nhat wrote:Strangercoug has a point about Netlava. He voted Dynamo, yet the three posts he made before the vote are interesting.

netlava wrote: I'm getting a newb feel from dynamo's posts that seems geniune enough. The main thing I don't like is how he gave up on defending himself. The rest, I think, can be explained well enough.
Genuine Newb feeling and subtle coaching

netlava wrote: Well, it would be great if Dynamo could defend himself *hint, hint*. Dynamo, who do you think is scummy?
Moves on to outright coaching

netlava wrote: L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)
He feels that Dynamo is probably town, decides to let the town sway his decision.

And then here's his vote post, in it's entirety:
netlava wrote: Unvote, vote: DynamoXI
So once he voted:

a) He gave zero reason to why he up and switched his vote.
b) He put Dynamo at L-1
Not to mention that he still hasn't responded to this:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Netlava wrote:
Unvote, vote: DynamoXI
Explain this please. Your last post said you thought DynamoXI wasn't scum.
Unvote: DynamoXI
Vote: Netlava
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Netlava »

I stated my intention in my previous post to vote dynamo. I checked the vote count, and it seemed that most of the people left were fresh replacements/inactives, so rather than wait for them, I decided that it's better to move the game along.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Netlava wrote:I stated my intention in my previous post to vote dynamo. I checked the vote count, and it seemed that most of the people left were fresh replacements/inactives, so rather than wait for them, I decided that it's better to move the game along.
But your intention to vote while you were thinking he was not scum is strange in itself. I don't think I did this last page so now would be an appropriate time.
Vote: Netlava
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by armlx »

I don't understand this response to what amounts to appeal to emotion.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Cephrir wrote:
Untitled wrote:looking at the last couple of pages, I don't particularly think that dynamoxi is scum.

I think I know what you're referring to, and if you want to call that hypocrisy then go right ahead. It'd be a pretty lame argument though.

You say you're "surprised it hasn't garnered more attention". Yet there's no suspicion to go with it, not even an FoS. So, I can't quite tell if you actually find it scummy or not. Feel free to elaborate. FOr now it looks to me like you're pointing it out and hoping someone else will jump on it for you.
So you think he is distancing from the Dynamo wagon by showing suspicion of you instead, but not following up with a vote?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Cass »

armlx wrote:I don't understand this response to what amounts to appeal to emotion.
What do you mean? Do you mean you don't understand the votes on Dynamo? Or are you referring to something else?

I agree that it's weird how Netlava voted without any explanation (in the post itself I mean), but I'm not sure it's scummy - though I guess that if Netlava at some point flips scum, it would make Dynamo even more suspect.

FoS: Netlava
But I don't think it's worth a vote. His later explanation sounds reasonable enough.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netlava wrote:L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)
HoS: Netlava

The only reason this isnt a vote is because this could well be a typo. Other than this incident, i really don't see a case on Netlava, so can one of the voters please summarise for me?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Cream147 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Netlava wrote:L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)

The only reason this isnt a vote is because this could well be a typo. Other than this incident, i really don't see a case on Netlava, so can one of the voters please summarise for me?

BM
Well there isn't a huge case apart from that, that I know of anyway. I just assume it wasn't a typo, and as you said you would vote if it weren't a typo, so I would and have done the same. Admittedly, Netlava's defense, on a reread, does possibly ring that it was a typo.
Armlx wrote:I don't understand this response to what amounts to appeal to emotion.
You seriously think that Dynamo is still scum?
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Cream147 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Well there isn't a huge case apart from that, that I know of anyway. I just assume it wasn't a typo, and as you said you would vote if it weren't a typo, so I would and have done the same. Admittedly, Netlava's defense, on a reread, does possibly ring that it was a typo.
Armlx wrote:I don't understand this response to what amounts to appeal to emotion.
why haven't you Unvoted then?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 am

Post by armlx »

What do you mean? Do you mean you don't understand the votes on Dynamo? Or are you referring to something else?
I don't understand why people are leaving the wagon because of appeal to emotion at L-2/1. I still think Dynamo is scum. His last actions do nothing to help him what so ever.

I can see some reasoning in the people who are switching to Netlava for the contradiction though. Its possible extracting a claim from him as well and then deciding would be optimal.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Korts »

The BM thing will have to wait, at least a couple hours, but it may be more. University life leaves my computer's batteries low.

Noted, however, is Netlava's strange vote, and I'll be glad to see a proper explanation of it next time I pop in here.
scumchat never die
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Cream147 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Cream147 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
why haven't you Unvoted then?

BM
Fine!
Unvote
. But when Netlava tells us the truth, that it was not a typo, then I'll be revoting immediately.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

how likely do you REALLY think that is? rofl

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Cream147 »

Battle Mage wrote:how likely do you REALLY think that is? rofl

BM
...oh, for god's sake, it looks like we're going to be forced down the boring, incorrect, conventional route aren't we. We're going to be forced to lynch Dynamo.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Back. Will read and get my act together.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

Battle Mage wrote:
Cephrir wrote:

So you think he is distancing from the Dynamo wagon by showing suspicion of you instead, but not following up with a vote?

BM
Well the idea is that I'm confused. So I don't know
what
he's doing there.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:00 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Sixteen of Day One

(10) DynamoXI: armlx, hasdgfas, markfg, Korts, Cass, earthworm, raider8169, Lowell, Netlava, Sineish
(2) Netlava: nhat, StrangerCoug
(2) Cass: Veronica13, Pixa
(1) armlx: Erratus Apathos
(1) Untitled: JohnQPublic0
(1) animorpherv1: Cyberbob
(1) Cephrir: Untitled
(1) Erratus Apathos: Battle Mage

(7) Not Voting: cris150, Citizen Karne, MafiaMann, DynamoXI, PimHel, Cephrir, Cream147

With 26 alive, it takes 14 votes to lynch!

Last Post Count Sixteen of Day One

Key:
Green - posted in last 24 hours
Blue - posted in last 48 hours
Olive - Posted in last 72 hours
Red - Posted more than 72 hours ago, prodded
Dark Red - Requiring Replacement
Dark Blue - Vacation/Limited Access

Cass

Battle Mage

Untitled

nhat

Cephrir

StrangerCoug

Netlava

Cream147

armlx

Korts

Lowell

PimHel

Pixa

hasdgfas

DynamoXI

raider8169

Erratus Apathos

MafiaMann

Sineish

Cyberbob

Citizen Karne

earthworm

markfg

JohnQPublic0

Veronica13

cris150

Prodding Citizen Karne and earthworm.
A
deadline
is set for
September 19th, 2008
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:52 am

Post by raider8169 »

I dont see a real case on Netlava. It is kind of odd but with a game this size I dont see why people will not be jumpy at first. I still like my vote on Dynamo.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”