Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
vote: farside

read up and post lots, please.
Especially as I defended you. Nice :?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Adel »

farside22 wrote:
Adel wrote:
vote: farside

read up and post lots, please.
Especially as I defended you. Nice :?
You knew I was town, and refused to vote for your scumbuddy armlx.

(btw, I'm 2-0 as town in Polygamist games now)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Jahudo »

armix: Why did you vote for Karne if you thought Adel/Man and Caboose/Farside were the two scum pairs?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by armlx »

armix: Why did you vote for Karne if you thought Adel/Man and Caboose/Farside were the two scum pairs?
I thought that IF adel was scum, Caboose + Farside was the other pairing. SC moved way up on the scum meter for basically saying "I'll lynch whoever has more votes"
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Jenethron
Jenethron
Townie
Jenethron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Jenethron »

farside22 wrote:Jenethron: Do I know you from another game or something? I see you state you think I'm vocal and if you are trying to meta me. I suggest not since I play different no matter my alignment.
Apologies. You are right that in order to get an effective meta, I will need to look at a game you have completed as town and scum. Give me a day or two. In one game I was reading you were distinctly more active, however. Clearly, as you state, this is insufficient.

Meanwhile, I'm becoming increasingly more nervous about Adel's play.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Adel »

Jenethron wrote:
farside22 wrote:Jenethron: Do I know you from another game or something? I see you state you think I'm vocal and if you are trying to meta me. I suggest not since I play different no matter my alignment.
Apologies. You are right that in order to get an effective meta, I will need to look at a game you have completed as town and scum. Give me a day or two. In one game I was reading you were distinctly more active, however. Clearly, as you state, this is insufficient.

don't buy her crap excuses.

farside has an average of 14 posts a day on this site since she joined mafiascum.

if you go to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... =farside22 you can see how many posts she makes in other games in between her posts in this game.

She has made more than 75 posts since Sept. 4th.

She is lurking in this game.
Jenethron
Jenethron
Townie
Jenethron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by Jenethron »

Adel wrote:
Jenethron wrote:

farside has an average of 14 posts a day on this site since she joined mafiascum.

if you go to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... =farside22 you can see how many posts she makes in other games in between her posts in this game.

Sure.

Now please explain why this makes farside scum, and furthermore, why this makes her more scummy than others.

FoS: Adel

Looks like you are going after an easy target.
Jenethron
Jenethron
Townie
Jenethron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Jenethron »

Furthermore, I will be doing my own meta on farside using her recent completed games, so will thus be able to tell myself what is going on. So I am not "buying her crap excuses" either.

Why did you vote for Citizen Karne yesterday?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by Adel »

Jenethron wrote:Furthermore, I will be doing my own meta on farside using her recent completed games, so will thus be able to tell myself what is going on. So I am not "buying her crap excuses" either.

Why did you vote for Citizen Karne yesterday?
because armlx and myself were the alternatives. I disliked both. armlx's lynch would be pretty non-informative compared with CKs.

Why do people in game after game accuse me of going after "easy" targets? Is it the newest crap to accuse someone of that doesn't require any supporting evidence? I've played with farside a a few (3?) games before, she is not an easy target.

She is lurking. She did not vote for armlx. She recognized me as being town, but didn't really do anything to defend me. She played in the first run of Polygamist mafia and would've seen right away that I was town based off that experience, but she was not vocal in this game even while she was actively posting in other games.

Why did you vote for Citizen Karne?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Adel wrote:Why do people in game after game accuse me of going after "easy" targets? Is it the newest crap to accuse someone of that doesn't require any supporting evidence? I've played with farside a a few (3?) games before, she is not an easy target.
How truly ironic.

At this point I'm waiting for a post out of farside, and I'd like one out of caboose as well outlining who he thinks is scum.

Also, Adel, can you provide that list I asked for yesterday? It's obviously less meaningful in the context of my original reasons for asking, but I'm still interested in seeing it.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Adel »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Adel wrote:Why do people in game after game accuse me of going after "easy" targets? Is it the newest crap to accuse someone of that doesn't require any supporting evidence? I've played with farside a a few (3?) games before, she is not an easy target.
How truly ironic.
please note that farside has 4344 game-posts on this site. Jebus has less than 150. I have 4488. In my experience, a person that is easy to lynch will always have less than 1000 game posts, and usually less than 200.

[/quote]
At this point I'm waiting for a post out of farside, and I'd like one out of caboose as well outlining who he thinks is scum.

Also, Adel, can you provide that list I asked for yesterday? It's obviously less meaningful in the context of my original reasons for asking, but I'm still interested in seeing it.[/quote]
list:
1. farside
2. armlx
3. Empyking
4. Jahudo
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Empking »

So Adel is attacking Farside.

I didn't expect this, so I'm not sure who to vote for. I guess I'll see if Adel keeps to it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Adel »

almost 5k game posts, and I still can't do quote tags right. damnit.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:46 am

Post by armlx »

Adel, how was SC's lynch supposed ot be more informative?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Jenethron wrote:

I was also more active in the last Poly game we were in and I was scum.
FOS: Adel

For poor logic. If you do meta on me your results will be faulty.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Here is the game in question by the way:

viewtopic.php?t=8448

FYI: I'm not lurking for some reason some games are just hard for me to get thru. My other problem is I'm trying to rid myself of my thoughts on Llama as it is meta more then anything else. I don't always agree with Meta, so people put it on themselves and some times it works. I don't want to stand on this meta feel and I just can't shake it.
To explain a bit. I learned Llama is not one who enjoys being mafia. When he asked to be replaced when I probbed that bothered me a lot as he too is a big time poster. Him lurking and asking to be replaced has yet to really left me feeling good.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Farside, at this moment that isn't the point to me. I leave this discussion to you and Adel for now. However, we all received if I'm correct that there would be in 24 hours a deadline. If you received it, then why didn't you check this game. I've been some time online and I saw you post in other games during these 24 hours. Can you explain this?

For those who didn't vote Karne yesterday, explain why and if those thoughts have changed after the lynch.

@Jeneth What do you think of Farside who possibly saw the PM about the deadline, but didn't post.

@Farside Who would you have voted at the deadline, if you had responded in this game?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Adel »

Mana_Ku wrote:Farside, at this moment that isn't the point to me. I leave this discussion to you and Adel for now. However, we all received if I'm correct that there would be in 24 hours a deadline. If you received it, then why didn't you check this game. I've been some time online and I saw you post in other games during these 24 hours. Can you explain this?
this pairs nicely with my point. Why hasn't farside been posting in this game since I became active in it? She has found plenty of time to post in other games... and we did have a deadline and
three close wagons to choose between

~~~

@armlx: I like this setup because it is an elegent puzzle where in order to catch scum you have to first figure out who can't be scum with whom and who is town. There simply isn't enough days in this game for attrition to reveal who is scum, townies have to use logic to have a chance.

Leaving you alive makes it easier for other townies to "crack" this game since it should be pretty obvious that you and I can't be scum together.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

farside22 wrote:FYI: I'm not lurking for some reason some games are just hard for me to get thru. My other problem is I'm trying to rid myself of my thoughts on Llama as it is meta more then anything else. I don't always agree with Meta, so people put it on themselves and some times it works. I don't want to stand on this meta feel and I just can't shake it.
To explain a bit. I learned Llama is not one who enjoys being mafia. When he asked to be replaced when I probbed that bothered me a lot as he too is a big time poster. Him lurking and asking to be replaced has yet to really left me feeling good.
Llama posted frequently as scum in open 70. You're correct that Llama prefers to play town over scum, but I don't think you can really say that him asking to be replaced was a direct result of that. I know Llama is a college student, and I wouldn't be surprised if his replacement/lowered activity was a result of going back to school. I know that was the case for myself.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Adel »

Goatrevolt wrote:
farside22 wrote:FYI: I'm not lurking for some reason some games are just hard for me to get thru. My other problem is I'm trying to rid myself of my thoughts on Llama as it is meta more then anything else. I don't always agree with Meta, so people put it on themselves and some times it works. I don't want to stand on this meta feel and I just can't shake it.
Llama posted frequently as scum in open 70. You're correct that Llama prefers to play town over scum, but I don't think you can really say that him asking to be replaced was a direct result of that. I know Llama is a college student, and I wouldn't be surprised if his replacement/lowered activity was a result of going back to school. I know that was the case for myself.
check out http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... &start=325
he has made 335 posts on mafiascum.net since his last post in this game.
he posted an incredible amount of posts (more than 50) between his last post in this game and when Empking replaced him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Mana_Ku wrote:Farside, at this moment that isn't the point to me. I leave this discussion to you and Adel for now. However, we all received if I'm correct that there would be in 24 hours a deadline. If you received it, then why didn't you check this game. I've been some time online and I saw you post in other games during these 24 hours. Can you explain this?
this pairs nicely with my point. Why hasn't farside been posting in this game since I became active in it? She has found plenty of time to post in other games... and we did have a deadline and
three close wagons to choose between

~~~

@armlx: I like this setup because it is an elegent puzzle where in order to catch scum you have to first figure out who can't be scum with whom and who is town. There simply isn't enough days in this game for attrition to reveal who is scum, townies have to use logic to have a chance.

Leaving you alive makes it easier for other townies to "crack" this game since it should be pretty obvious that you and I can't be scum together.
Simply put I didn't agree with the Adel lynch and I had no time to read to see what was going on with the SC lynch. Also if you look at my post on Saturday I posted mostly in 2 game. One I mod and the other in a large game with a quick answer. Weekends are typically busy.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Adel wrote:check out http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... &start=325
he posted an incredible amount of posts (more than 50) between his last post in this game and when Empking replaced him.
That link isn't working for me.

I'm going to take your word for it and assume you're correct about him posting frequently in other games, though. I still don't see how that can be used to imply he's scum. Some games are simply more interesting and easier to post in than others regardless of alignment. Open 70 shows that metagaming Llama as more lurky and posting less frequently as scum is flawed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Adel wrote:check out http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... &start=325
That link isn't working for me.

I'm going to take your word for it and assume you're correct about him posting frequently in other games, though. I still don't see how that can be used to imply he's scum. Some games are simply more interesting and easier to post in than others regardless of alignment. Open 70 shows that metagaming Llama as more lurky and posting less frequently as scum is flawed.
This is why I dislike meta on people. It just could be that as I am having my own problems with this game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 am

Post by armlx »

After the game I'd be interested in discussing the set up more.

Llama was definitely lurking this game though. Emp hasn't really instilled much confidence (though he rarely does), and Goat hasn't really done much. I don't really see a Farside vote going anywhere right now (at least anywhere productive).

Vote Llama

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”