Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Farside

I don't think he and Adel are scum together so I don't think Adel is scum. Farside and Caboose have always been my second choice so I'm voting them.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx: I assume that's a vote for Empking? Also, why do you feel Llama's lurking in this game is meaningful? You were in Open 70 where he was one of the most active players as scum.

You mention that you don't see a farside vote going anywhere productive. Can you explain that? Furthermore, what do you see as productive about a vote on Llama (who isn't even in this game...I'll assume Empking)?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Farside22 (2) Adel, Empking
Empking (0)
Goatrevolt (1) armlx
Jahudo (0)
Jenethron (0)
armlx (0)
Caboose (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
kloud1516 (0)
Adel (0)

Not Voting (7) Goatrevolt, Mana_Ku, Jenethron, Jahudo, Farside22, Caboose, Kloud

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx wrote:EBWODP.

Vote Goat

Thats what I meant.
Ah, ok. So what's your reasoning?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:27 am

Post by armlx »

You haven't done much all game except vote CK.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx wrote:You haven't done much all game except vote CK.
Why is that enough to vote for me yet nothing productive would come from pursuing farside?

Also, couldn't it be argued that you haven't done much all game except push for Adel?

In other words, I'd like you to explain why exactly this behavior makes you think I'm likely to be scum. Merely pointing out my actions this game and voting me for them is meaningless unless you also provide any kind of explanation why you think that makes me scum.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Jahudo »

Might using metas taken from non-lover setups be less effective reads on this game that is lovers? Or does it not matter?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going thru and reading the game fully right now. I have to get some stuff done at work. I'm on page 8 and a few things I wrote for right now.
I will finish this tomorrow.

Llama/ Empkin: Post 68 didn't like the analysis of the votes from people. Post 118 Llama explain how he usually is in games so hey he meta'ed himself.
Goat: Post 70 I still can't believe he did the analysis on random votes.
Kloud: Post 112 I never realized till he appologized that he is hardly around. Just something noteworthy. Post 139 I don't know how you expect Adel to answer to someone else's thought process.
Jahudo: Post 135 lurker hunting in this game when everyone is doing a bit of it seems off. Post 167 even though I agree for some reason people who don't question players sanity of a bad plan always rub me wrong (yes I'm a hypocrite here)
Adel: Post 141 Still say I never see you give any newbie any slack in any game. Post 152 I want proff that you give newbies a break as I have yet to ever see it.

The question I asked in regards to OP had both goat and Armlx state that is maybe a town tell. (question was do people think the mafia would know this was a nightless game and be part of the talks)
Another interesting interaction is watching Kloud, Armlx and Goat all attacking Adel and her comment about Jebus plan.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Caboose »

Adel wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Adel wrote:
vote: farside

read up and post lots, please.
Especially as I defended you. Nice :?
You knew I was town, and refused to vote for your scumbuddy armlx.
Huh? What are you talking about? This is a very strange turn of events. :?
(btw, I'm 2-0 as town in Polygamist games now)
So WHAT!?
So we should automatically just assume that what you're saying is true?

That pisses me off.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by armlx »

Why is that enough to vote for me yet nothing productive would come from pursuing farside?

Also, couldn't it be argued that you haven't done much all game except push for Adel?
I feel a wagon on farside is going to net 0 info. At best.

I pushed adel. You did less then that.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Caboose »

Adel wrote:If I wasn't an especially strong player, I would be dead right now.
Adel wrote:(btw, I'm 2-0 as town in Polygamist games now)
I don't like these two posts. I think that you're trying to make the "I'm-too-valuable-of-a-player-to-lynch" arguement. But please correct me if I am mistaken.
Adel wrote:You knew I was town, and refused to vote for your scumbuddy armlx.
I was the last vote on armlx. It could have possibly been the lynching vote if everyone hadn't flooded over to the CK bandwagon.

Now, make the arguement that I'm his scumbuddy.
Jenethron wrote:Looks like you are going after an easy target.
I couldn't agree more. Somebody Day 1 said that I would be their back-up vote if they had one. You couldn't go after me since that would be too obvious that you're going for an easy target, so you go after my lover.

Vote: Adel
Jenethron
Jenethron
Townie
Jenethron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Jenethron »

Adel wrote:because armlx and myself were the alternatives. I disliked both. armlx's lynch would be pretty non-informative compared with CKs.
I'm curious about this. I find it odd that you did it for "information", but now the person you are voting for is one who was unrelated in the entire CK thing. In fact, there would have doubtlessly been more information about farside should armlx or yourself have been lynched. I understand that this is looking back in hindsight, but it appears that whatever information you were looking for, you didn't get it.
Adel wrote:Why do people in game after game accuse me of going after "easy" targets? Is it the newest crap to accuse someone of that doesn't require any supporting evidence? I've played with farside a a few (3?) games before, she is not an easy target.
In my view, a player isn't generally an easy target in all games. farside may not be an easy target elsewhere, but here there is no denying that she is an easy target.
Adel wrote:In my experience, a person that is easy to lynch will always have less than 1000 game posts, and usually less than 200.
I unequivocally disagree with you. Yes, post counts can be indicative of skill, but not all the time. Plus, it doesn't get away from the fact that every game is different, and thus an easy target in one game may not be one in another.
Adel wrote:She is lurking. She did not vote for armlx. She recognized me as being town, but didn't really do anything to defend me.
Adel wrote:She played in the first run of Polygamist mafia and would've seen right away that I was town based off that experience, but she was not vocal in this game even while she was actively posting in other games.
That would be an ineffective meta, in my view.

Why does the first version of Polygamist mafia show that you are clearly town "based off that experience."
Adel wrote:Why did you vote for Citizen Karne?
I thought I made this clear before, but I'll answer again. He pushed your wagon the hardest, harder than anyone with the possible exception of armlx, but he did so without any reason. It was like he was focusing intently on you without fail. It looked like a way for scum to just slide through.
Mana_Ku wrote:@Jeneth What do you think of Farside who possibly saw the PM about the deadline, but didn't post.
I do understand where Adel is coming from -- farside was posting in other games and not here. I do agree that it is scummy, even a reason would have been nice. It made it look like she was avoiding the game, which is my entire concern with farside. In doing so, she avoided taking a stance, which makes me suspicious.

@Adel, you didn't really answer armlx's question. Why was a CK lynch the most informative?
Empking wrote:I don't think he and Adel are scum together so I don't think Adel is scum.
I don't
get
this.
Jahudo wrote:Might using metas taken from non-lover setups be less effective reads on this game that is lovers? Or does it not matter?
Undoubtedly. However, clearly there is a limited supply of lover games. There is the first polygamist mafia game, but not much else, I don't think.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx wrote:I feel a wagon on farside is going to net 0 info. At best.

I pushed adel. You did less then that.
I started the wagon on CK, one that you were on.

You've completely failed to adequately address my points.

1. Why is a farside wagon going to net 0 info whereas my wagon is going to net info?
2. What about my play do you actually find scummy? As in, what do you think I've done that actually indicates that I'm scum? Currently, you're voting me based off of something that you have not shown to be indicative of scum and furthermore is something that plenty of players in this game are guilty of, yet you have brushed them aside. What makes my actions more grievous and worthy of a vote whereas a vote on them would net no info?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 am

Post by armlx »

1. Why is a farside wagon going to net 0 info whereas my wagon is going to net info?
Have you ever tried to info wagon Farside?

And its the absence of real stuff until really late, and your only vote being on a townie, that I don't like.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx wrote:Have you ever tried to info wagon Farside?
Nope, can't say that I have. Care to elaborate?
armlx wrote:And its the absence of real stuff until really late, and your only vote being on a townie, that I don't like.
Perhaps if you hadn't voted CK this would be valid reasoning, but this is pretty much just pot calling kettle black.

I'd also like an explanation as to why my absence is telling but it's a non point for others. I'm sensing a lack of consistency here.

Furthermore, your only vote was on Adel the entire day, up until the point where you swapped to voting
the same target as me

Vote armlx

I think your attack on me is weak. You're inconsistent in that you're voting me for something but ignoring that mentality in others, and haven't given any reason why it's scummy for me but not scummy for them. It shows a complete lack of consistency in what you consider scummy. Furthermore, attacking me for voting CK who ended up being a townie is hypocritical when you voted for him as well. I'm an easy vote to make, because you can just call attention to the fact that I was absent much of the day and voila you have your reason for voting for me. Armlx has completely failed to provide any reasoning whatsoever why he feels this indicates that I'm scum and has shown that he's capable of ignoring that same facet of play in others, meaning that he doesn't consider this a universal scum tell.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Caboose, it's strange that you haven't given a comment about one of Empking's posts. He mentioned that you are just following the others. And what do you have to say about the following quote:
Caboose wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Empking wrote:The lack of proof for, is all the proof I need.

Caboose and Farside are your (most likely IMO) partners.

It depends on who is lynched today, who I'll look into tomorrow (if their is a tomorrow)
The fact that
your
trying to set Farside and I up for a mislynch tomorrow is all the proof I need.
EBWOP:

That should be "you're"
Besides, I just noticed that you like to give 'mislynch' and 'farside and me' as reasons to see some ppl as suspicious. I don't know what to think of it yet. However, you don't like Adel and his 'I'm pretty good at these types of games' and I don't like the reason given for the armlx vote.

And what's up with all these 'you're going after an easy target', 'I'm not an easy target that's why you go after my lover' and 'I'm an easy vote'?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 am

Post by armlx »

I think I figured it out.

Adel knows this set up better then anyone. She would know to mention the "every other group voting them" town tell as scum. Said tell only came into effect when EmpKing voted her.....

Calling it now, Adel/Mana/Goat/Emp scum group.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 am

Post by armlx »

Oh, and Goat, 2 > 1. Just saying.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Empking »

Would I know enought to realise the "everygroup voting for her"?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:14 am

Post by armlx »

You would have access to a QuikTopic where it would have likely been mentioned......
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

armlx wrote:Calling it now, Adel/Mana/Goat/Emp scum group.
Because it makes sense for Empking to put his scumbuddy at L-1...

My prediction would be armlx/kloud/farside/caboose. Armlx has no problem attacking me for something but ignoring/brushing aside as irrelevant the exact same aspect of farside's play with no underlying basis.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Armlx, what you say at post 517 is NOT correct. He mentioned it, however I asked this in a question at post 241:
Mana_Ku wrote:I just want to hear your answers to this question: If Adel and I are scum then who are our partners? Of each lover pair there is at least one person voting for us. Explain that. I only want to hear the explanation of armlx.
However the question is aimed at every player.
At post 255, Adel mentions that every pair is voting us. Besides, Goat has a point as well. Does it make sense for Emp to put Adel at L-1?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:31 am

Post by armlx »

At post 255, Adel mentions that every pair is voting us. Besides, Goat has a point as well. Does it make sense for Emp to put Adel at L-1?
If he knows Adel can dispel the wago nwith that tell, yes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Empking »

armlx wrote:
You would have access to a QuikTopic where it would have likely been mentioned......
You're saying Adel posted it in the quiktopic?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”