Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

wtf r u talking about i scumread him first
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

r u and koba trolling me?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

i would Never.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:44 pm

i wonder if the mods will let me and koba switch games so they can just deal with you directly instead of me playing telephone
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:51 pm

VOTE: SirCakez

hah voted him first :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 905, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cakez scumlean is from him feeling a lot more confident than Antechamber, closer to Among Us. - I think this might be CakezScum2.0 that he upgraded to when Cabd gave him a bunch of tips about how to play the red alignment. He's feeling very strong - like a jungle gorilla hunting for prey almost.
quotes pls
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm

VOTE: SirCakez

it's me, the first person voting sircakez
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:57 pm

i townlean pooky somewhat now, for an extremely bad reason that i refuse to explain
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:57 pm

In post 932, staypositivefriend wrote:VOTE: SirCakez

it's me, the first person voting sircakez
koba was right, you really do lie SHAMELESSLY
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: thoughts pages 1-21
In post 232, midwaybear wrote:Jake's vote on spf implies that he was reading back on the votes of his wagon. I think I would find this slightly town indicative because reading back on his votes implies that he is trying to sort his wagon.
However, I also don't agree with almost everything he said on the ensuing page or so, but he seems to generally believe in what he is saying? Meh.
I can understand this argument, however, it is more interesting to me that he didn't mention SPF being scummy until after Cakes does -- and his reasoning isn't related to Cakes, either. how is going back after the fact when it's convenient to SR there town indicative?

in my one game with Jake he didn't actually play the game, im very pleasantly surprised but also probably cognizant of how Jake probably always appears scummy in his other games
In post 238, Gypyx wrote:
In post 235, SirCakez wrote:Zaiden's entrance looks town
i could totally see him being coached if that's why you TR him
What?! Coached into joking around? zaiden hasn't said jack that is game content so far from what i can tell

I see that Gypyx elaborates that he'd be coached because he's new, but that does not explain how the content just doesn't seem like something you'd be coached on (?)
In post 249, Noraa wrote:
In post 248, midwaybear wrote:Noraa, when are you planning on doing things?
Why do you care? It's like page 10.
In post 251, Noraa wrote:Ok then don't "mishang" me for doing nothing.
Are you alright Noraa?

i townlean Zaiden off the bat for being so comfortable for what i presume is his first forum game.

I have never seen Noraa play like this, not as scum either
In post 282, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 97, SirCakez wrote:I will not be attempting to read Noraa today I don't think

Jake wagon is fine I guess but also that dude is pretty scummy as town (see Smoke-Filled Antechamber)
I don't like either of these sentences.

maybe cakez scum TMIing jaketown

weird dis-engage off noraa
I dont think cakes says that as a partner to noraa, that's probably plus town for him if thats the case not the other way aroujd
In post 292, SirCakez wrote:I don't like Zaidens case for elimming Jake today
I read this -- it seems like Zaiden's case is that Jake fell back on being LHF rather than try to prove himself as "high-hanging fruit". i disagree that Jake would do that, i dont really think he would. I can see why Zaiden would think that's an excuse for Jake though. Curious what he thinks now
In post 293, Noraa wrote:
In post 285, Gypyx wrote:well, also that i'm curious how saying that 2 players who are individually scummy but pushing each other have high odds of one scum is scummy to say
I'm not individually scummy. In fact, most people here should be able to see what I've been doing. If you don't, look closer.
I wonder if this develops into something ? at the moment i find Noraa's play to be odd but whatever this is could help
In post 305, Gypyx wrote:
In post 301, midwaybear wrote:People are legitimately scumreading me?
mostly that you're painfully null compared to your postcount

if ya got any super duper town post i'd be happy to have it pointed out though
i think midway has been generally slightly town from vibes, i think midway is better at town than scum and he's been creating a ton of content so far. maybe the content itself isn't exceptionally towny but i think he probably doesnt have as much presence as scum
In post 306, midwaybear wrote:
(@Zaiden)
Why would you expect town to immediately prove that they aren't? From my experience, Jake tends to be general LHF player, and it seems like he is aware of that so why should he try to prove himself otherwise. Also, I don't think Jake was accused of being LHF, he just straight up admitted it which is interesting.
Yes

lightly like Jingle townreading midway -> voting Gypyx on his catchup which aligns with my feelings so far

Gypyx
if no one is pinging you, and midway is a nothing read for you, how does that translate into midway being your main suspicion as opposed to the other null reads? Specifically this thought process:
In post 332, Gypyx wrote:
In post 329, midwaybear wrote:
In post 324, Gypyx wrote:if you were town, i'd expect you (including anyone else) to say something towny, here idk if i just can't see it, but your ISO is nullville to me
Well I'm town, so I guess you just can't see it :roll:
Can you explain what makes me scummy if my ISO is supposedly null?
i litterally just told you why lol

you're scum cuz you're null

and also that i don't have anywhere else to go tbh lol
In post 336, Gypyx wrote:
In post 334, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 332, Gypyx wrote:and also that i don't have anywhere else to go tbh lol
lolwut
no one pinging me basically
"I just told you why, it's because you're null"

"Everyone is null"

your actual reason for voting midway is because he's null?
In post 392, SirCakez wrote:Not sure why midway is getting SRed I like his posting
Yea

I'm around page 15-16 and i lean that there's scum in Gypyx/Noraa so far

it's funny how Cakes/midway seem to be under suspicion by a certain group whereas Gypyx/Noraa is more towards the other, at least from what ive seen by cakes n jingle
In post 395, Noraa wrote:
In post 392, SirCakez wrote:Not sure why midway is getting SRed I like his posting
good for you. I'll go ahead and just say I solved half the game
Cakey/Midway
Pretty sure Noraa did this in Death Curse where she put 2-3 players together and solved it early

Big talk of the town on pg 18/19 is this post by PrivateII
In post 427, PrivateI wrote:
In post 285, Gypyx wrote:
In post 274, Noraa wrote:Perhaps I will after I get more confidence.
pedit : i personally like monty's pythons, can we let him vibe for one day?
Yeah, I'm down.

Vote: Noraa

Might just be my unfamiliarity with Noraa, but I'm having trouble figuring out where she's coming from with her posts this far.

Also not overly liking Spring Breeze, but that's fine. Cheeto is good.

Pedit: Cheeto may not be good oh no. Hm.
i didnt think anything of it when i read it. Maybe the pedit is a tad awkward. It's probably more significant that so many people jumped on it, maria, cakes, SPF, all with their own 2 cents. From what i can tell the argument is that it reads awkwardly which i suppose is fair. I liked the Noraa vote
In post 482, staypositivefriend wrote:noraa has come off as really cagey about people fos'ing her/throwing shade on her in this game, and i think that meshes well with the fact that she's still giving genuine consideration to whether or not private's vote on her is scum motivated

i think noraa!scum would be more likely to let people throw shade on private and discredit the person that's actively scumreading her, instead of expressing doubt about whether or not private is scummy. it feels slightly town indicative
this is the post in question:
In post 480, Noraa wrote:I still don't see anything crazy wrong with Private's post. Is it because generally a list mod won't post something flimsy like that? Do I actually have to go meta them?
"Do I actually have to go meta them" feels like overdoing it to me. i think if Noraa is scum that is probably private town and it's more of a whiteknight / not joining the procession of scumreads on a townie on purpose. noraa is smart enough to know it will look opportunistic if she immediately jumps on the fresh privateII bandwagon -- instead she is like "Well i dont see anything wrong but maybe I'll have to go meta them" which comes off more.. open ended so she can switch if it's necessary down the line and also just kind of unnecessary -- like where does the idea to meta Private from 1 post come from ?

She doesn't do anything to dissuade the pressure on them in any case, the only thing she does here is appear right if PrivateI is town flipped down the line.

Also with regards to Noraa's responses to pressure, they are way more abrasive than im used to, do not know what that means
In post 510, clidd wrote:Midway is very towny by meta.
hey thanks clidd

I'm into the Cheetory/Cakes/SPF-heavy area afterwards and im zoning out hard so im going to play live for a while probably

My conclusions though? I think midway is a good bet for town based on both his play and others reads of him. I have various small town leans on Cakes/Jingle/maybe PB so far but even those are partially based on my evalution of Gypyx/Noraa which has been fairly negative. I think Noraa is playing noticably differently and not really in a good way, she's maintained her hyper-posting identity and thats basically it, she seems really "abrasive" at times which is my best way of putting it. im not sold because emotions play a huge part but the last time i gave Noraa benefit of doubt for that, i was wrong. Murderkitty floated the idea of her intentionally playing this way to purposefully go off meta, which is potentially possible. i also did not like her follow up to PrivateI at all

@Pooky for more clarification, do you have an actual reason to townread Kanna or are you just saying that Kanna being scum would generally hurt you?
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 935, Morning Tweet wrote:Murderkitty floated the idea of her intentionally playing this way to purposefully go off meta, which is potentially possible. i also did not like her follow up to PrivateI at all
If Noraa is scum she is changing her meta because she is scared of the plist. If she is town, she is changing her meta because she really doesn't want to get miselimed and cost her team. Let's wagon and see which it is
alt of MURDERCAT
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

Also I don't know who this murderkitty is that must be some other user
alt of MURDERCAT
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Townreading Pooky a bit more from that interaction.That seemed relatively hard to fake lol
In post 935, Morning Tweet wrote:how is going back after the fact when it's convenient to SR there town indicative?
I was assuming that he went back, looked at his votes, and independently arrived at the spf scumread. I'm not sure if this is actually what happened though even though his wording implies so.
In post 936, MURDERSUNNY wrote:If she is town, she is changing her meta because she really doesn't want to get miselimed and cost her team.
Heh, this seems unlikely to have happened.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

MURDERSUNNY wrote:Also I don't know who this murderkitty is that must be some other user
mb

I'll vote once i've got a more complete understanding of the game, i wont be too long
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 pm

@zaiden -

one of my partners (super) says that you are hard town and that she feels bad for the pressure you're under. she wants to be in the same game as you because she's a big fan of clannad too :P
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 pm

In post 940, staypositivefriend wrote:@zaiden -

one of my partners (super) says that you are hard town and that she feels bad for the pressure you're under. she wants to be in the same game as you because she's a big fan of clannad too :P
on that note, i'm coming around to a zaiden!town world as well
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 938, midwaybear wrote:Townreading Pooky a bit more from that interaction.That seemed relatively hard to fake lol
In post 935, Morning Tweet wrote:how is going back after the fact when it's convenient to SR there town indicative?
I was assuming that he went back, looked at his votes, and independently arrived at the spf scumread. I'm not sure if this is actually what happened though even though his wording implies so.
In post 936, MURDERSUNNY wrote:If she is town, she is changing her meta because she really doesn't want to get miselimed and cost her team.
Heh, this seems unlikely to have happened.
Well i think that's the impression he was going for at least. i just felt it a very funny coincidence he finds her very scummy when SPF just so happens to be getting some of the only pressure that was in the thread at the time. that's more just RVS reasoning anyway though so whatever on that

why do you say that with regards to noraa?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 942, Morning Tweet wrote:why do you say that with regards to noraa?
I should probably ask what is different about her play?
Because I don't really see her current play as an effort to not get miselimed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 938, midwaybear wrote:Townreading Pooky a bit more from that interaction.That seemed relatively hard to fake lol
Yeah Pooky looked pretty pure there
TFW all my confident TRs are to do with people who’ve channeled their partners in this game
And then there’s me who has Jack all to show for
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Pooky
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I feel like I'm going insane.
The only post that could be driving the reaction zaiden had was one he had already reacted to?
Because the way he responded to gyp made it seem like he completely ignored the post where I asked him questions and I really don't think I said anything that could even remotely be construed as rude about him after
which I can only assume is what drove the reactions in and .

The only development that happened between and is that a wagon started which was driven by questioning which he didn't find offensive when he was directed to it by gyp.

Am I crazy?
Like I genuinely don't understand how people are looking at that reaction and thinking it tracks with the timeline.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

God I want to close this game but this is driving me up the wall.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 851, Zaiden wrote: Next, what's to stop you and Jake from knowing this and coming up with some sort of plan to wagon Jake and point out: 'oh Jake usually gets miselimmed he must therefore be good' as you say. You say you don't buy into meta then proceed to use it too to explain why Jake could be good from your perspective. How convenient.

I'm pretty sure "LHF must be town" was not the logic being used here.

As for the Gamma comment, you say Gamma is opaque like that's something obvious. You say this clearly knowing I don't know who Gamma is or how they usually play. You surely know that to me Gamma is a mystery I need to solve for the most part, just like anyone else in this game. Again is this not meta? The impression I'm getting here is 'meta bad' unless it's meta you've personally curated as being relevant. Again, awfully convenient and I do not think your previous statements on meta were made in good faith.

Meta is interpreting how players play to extract player-specific tells.
You're just looking for Gamma's playstyle, or their way of playing.

For agenda driven questions from Jake, asking 'Gamma! If you had to kill someone right now, who would it be?' was clearly some pretext to criticise Gamma for whatever they said and stick a vote onto them. They ask the same question more than once and 'bait' a response (don't know how much of this is real or just an act) so that they can quickly shift their vote and say 'Gamma bad'. "How does pressuring a LHF help you sort them?" - I think the answer is self-evident to me Jake is trying to cast doubt on SPF's efforts that could help generate more discussion/interactions. Then they draw attention to another LHF - "Where is PrivateI?". Why specifically PrivateI over other players who had been similarly less active at the time that post was made? Also subtly pulls attention onto PrivateI and away from themselves/the wagon they were experiencing at the time. It might seem trivial but I can see it for what it is.

No. Incorrect. Wrong. That is not correct in the slightest. If that were the case, I could've just stabbed a vote onto them for lack of content. I thought their first actual response to my question was not only a nonanswer, but also avoiding the question. That is why I voted them.
I questioned them more then once because I wasn't getting an answer. I was pressuring them to answer because, again,
they didn't answer the question.

I still find SPF scummy. I'm using my vote as a strategic tool. Just because my vote isn't on someone doesn't mean I don't think they're scum.
The point I was making was that applying pressure to an inherently scummy player will result in a scum detection, regardless of their actual alignment.
Mainly because I was rallying the mods (more generally, players) to come play. They signed up for this game, so they're gonna play god damnit!
You can see a player calling for others player to come play... as scummy? Bullshit.

"If you feel this way about Gamma on reread, where does that put your reaction to Jake's questioning/vote on him?" - originally thought it was SvT because it looks like Jake asked the same questions to bait out a reaction from my POV. But now given some more context and further developments I'm wondering how much of that was premeditated and planned out to look convincing.

Ha! Even as scum, I don't premeditate SHIT! Unless it's a role softclaim. Which reminds me, I need to do one of those. Sorry Jingle!
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm

VOTE: Gypyx

this is a better wagon than zaiden

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”